Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project (32816 Views)

Buhari Defends Emefiele’s ‘Unorthodox’ Policies, Says It’s Alternative Model / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / NASS Replies Buhari, Defends Changes Made To 2018 Budget (FULL TEXT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by saxha: 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lionofthedesert:

Answer yourself na asinwin......daun kin to gbewo jade fun e......Am sure u r one of those fayawo marafucker enriching Benin republic at the expense of Nigeria....

Omo aale Yoruba, se oro lo n so lenu bi igbe eran yii? Oo ma go gan o. cheesy cheesy

If fayawo is enriching the Benin republic at the expense of Nigeria, what is Buhari doing with his policies to the Niger republic at the expense of Nigeria? The joke is on you bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Okay so you don't know that Nigeria sef is buying from Niger?

Nigeria is buying oil from Niger ? Is it crude or refined? Again, has the contract been on since Jonathan era or under this present regime?

The Yorubas are major cause of problems in the Southern Nigeria.

Mind you, I am just asking you for nairaland purposes, I can get the details personally.

Another question, is it that Niger Crude is heavier than Bonny Light, hence suitable for Kaduna Refinery or it is just a deal or a way of enriching AREWA brother.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by MoIbrahim: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
atonement12:
"Follow your moniker"?- too late! Oniranu! son of Janus(two face) Ala gaba gebe!
If you have not subtly supported evil, I wouldn't have quoted you!

When government goofs I say. When it does well I say. I am not like you who closes your eyes to it all.

Ti aba ni ki a di oju ki eni buruku fi koja, eni irere le koja mowa lara. I hope this fits your cognition to explain why I'm not like you.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by atonement12: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2021
MoIbrahim:

When government goofs I say. When it does well I say. I am not like you who closes your eyes to it all.

Ti aba ni ki a di oju ki eni buruku fi koja, eni irere le koja mowa lara. I hope this fits your cognition to explain why I'm not like you.
You can't be like me, because filling your belly with crumbs that fall from the party in power, is more important to you than your conscience!
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Nigeria is buying oil from Niger ? Is it crude or refined? Again, has the contract been on since Jonathan era or under this present regime?

The Yorubas are major cause of problems in the Southern Nigeria.

Mind you, I am just asking you for nairaland purposes, I can get the details personally.

Another question, is it that Niger Crude is heavier than Bonny Light, hence suitable for Kaduna Refinery or it is just a deal or a way of enriching AREWA brother.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Zainabthegirl1(f): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
Is $1.9b peanut ni Which useless project dey do
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
drediamond:

Lol, you two fellows should please just let this go. You both have a point, but it is not only about oil.

I was skeptical before about the project but with better understanding I think it was the right decision. If we do not do this soon enough we might regret it later.

The project is strategic to counter Benin's influence economically in Niger.

Opening up maradi through the north to the southern part of Nigeria will enable business transport goods and agricultural product easily between the two nations and capture the vast terrain market, as well as chad and beyond. Benin will be no match. Also more than half of central and eastern Niger will prefer to trade through kano and the rest of Nigeria if there is a better alternative.

Remember the Acfta deal, We offer a bigger market to Niger and can use this as leverage and capture their import and export business.

We need to start wielding our influence in the region for our advantage.

Also if there are no other ongoing rail projects in Nigeria then we can start to criticize heavily.

Can you imagine if in the future all Niger and chad imports and exports business goes through Cotonou? We will be here still blaming the government for their lack of foresight or vision.

I agree with a lot of your point. But are you aware there's no bilateral agreement towards that oil export that guy is talking about? This things don't just happen by chance. You also alluded to slugging it out with Benin. Benin have a lot of things going for them when it comes to Niger that Nigeria will have to cut through. They are both francophone countries who use same currency (CFA). So you see, if we really want to displace Benin or even Chad, it takes more than just building a rail.
But that;s beside the main point. Niger, Benin, Chad are small fries in the West African subregion. The big fishes in terms of trade are Ghana and Cotedivoire and Senegal. In other words, we should be looking west to expand our trade and not north to the desert of Niger which in reality is the poorest country in the world in terms of HDI.
We would be better served if we complete the Lagos-Abidjan road and rail and connect Lagos to our hinterland and I mean the Eastern corridor where we have Aba and Onitsha being our main local manufacturing hubs. That's how I expect a govt with vision to think which is actually how OBJ thought of it when he was in govt.
Buhari is forcing us to look upwards to the desert for no other reason than filial and religious consideration. In strict economic and trade terms we are better served Westwards than Northwards.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2021
MoIbrahim:

grin grin

I hear something new today. Nigeria is buying crude from Niger. Unto say wetin? We wan drink am? Abi we get refinery wey go refine am? Wetin concern agbero with overload
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by MoIbrahim: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
atonement12:
You can't be like me, because filling your belly with crumbs that fall from the party in power, is more important to you than your conscience!

Sure I can't be like you na grin

Abi what u not trying to saying?
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by MoIbrahim: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
atonement12:

Or another rendition of it to let you know that I am not an extremist like you:
Ti aba ni ki a di oju ki ohun buruku fi koja, ohun rere le koja mowa lara.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by MoIbrahim: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

grin grin

I hear something new today. Nigeria is buying crude from Niger. Unto say wetin? We wan drink am? Abi we get refinery wey go refine am? Wetin concern agbero with overload

Read pls
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by SIRTee15: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lionofthedesert:

Answer yourself na asinwin......daun kin to gbewo jade fun e......Am sure u r one of those fayawo marafucker enriching Benin republic at the expense of Nigeria....

U are a disgrace to the Yoruba race.
A president came out boldly to announce his loyalty lies with niger republic than nigeria because he has cousins that live there. Yet u here accusing Yorubas in benin republic of fayawo.
What do u think they do at the nigeria-niger border? Is that not where they import all the herdsmen creating havoc on southern farms.
Yorubas affiliated to apc have lost their brain. They don't see anything wrong with Buhari's policy so long as they hold onto a fake hope of 2023 tinubu presidency.
Because I don't know how any reasonable nigerian can justify the nonsense that came out of Buhari's mouth in that interview.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Ayhurthunde(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
Good point
But why didn't he or his side enlighten most of the public well?
Your inactions adds to your woes.
Buhari is still a tyrant!
2mercy:

https://punchng.com/buhari-defends-1-9bn-nigeria-niger-republic-railway-project/
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2021
SIRTee15:

U are a disgrace to the Yoruba race.
A president came out boldly to announce his loyalty lies with niger republic than nigeria because his cousins Yet u here accusing Yorubas in benin republic of fayawo.
What do u think they do at the nigeria-niger border? Is that not where they import all the herdsmen creating havoc on southern farms.
Yorubas affiliated to apc have lost their brain. They don't see anything wrong with Buhari's policy so long as they hold onto a fake hope of 2023 tinubu presidency.
Because I don't know how any reasonable nigerian can justify the nonsense that came out of Buhari's mouth in that interview.

You have spoken well. Those Yorubas in APC have lost their minds. Just imagine accussing Benin people of fayawo. Do you know that terrorists come in and go out of Niger to Nigeria as they wish. The smuggling in that axis is even worse than that of Benin republic.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by SIRTee15: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
drediamond:

Lol, you two fellows should please just let this go. You both have a point, but it is not only about oil.

I was skeptical before about the project but with better understanding I think it was the right decision. If we do not do this soon enough we might regret it later.

The project is strategic to counter Benin's influence economically in Niger.

Opening up maradi through the north to the southern part of Nigeria will enable business transport goods and agricultural product easily between the two nations and capture the vast terrain market, as well as chad and beyond. Benin will be no match. Also more than half of central and eastern Niger will prefer to trade through kano and the rest of Nigeria if there is a better alternative.

Remember the Acfta deal, We offer a bigger market to Niger and can use this as leverage and capture their import and export business.

We need to start wielding our influence in the region for our advantage.

Also if there are no other ongoing rail projects in Nigeria then we can start to criticize heavily.

Can you imagine if in the future all Niger and chad imports and exports business goes through Cotonou? We will be here still blaming the government for their lack of foresight or vision.

Your argument is nothing but grabbing at straws. Niger has nothing to offer nigeria in terms of trade. Their main export is cattle n goats and nigeria already capture a chunk of those exports. There's nothing new they want to export.
The most important nigerian border is the benin-nigerian border. It's the gateway to the large west African market n exporting to that market should be our priority.
The argument about using the rail as an inland port is weak. Most nigerien economic activity is centred around Niamey n the capital city is closer to cotonou than katsina. Nigeria will have to offer more than rail transport to compete.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Read pls

It's you who needs to read and read wide o bros.

You fall my hand plenty here

That was same way Buhari cancelled the Lagos rail in 1984. Today Lagos is congested traffic wise. He's stalling the Lagos-Abidjan highway for Kano- Maradi today and you're here praising him and you'll call yourself oodua tokantokan. You better open your eyes.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
SIRTee15:

Your argument is nothing but grabbing at straws. Niger has nothing to offer nigeria in terms of trade. Their main export is cattle n goats and nigeria already capture a chunk of those exports. There's nothing new they want to export.
The most important nigerian border is the benin-nigerian border. It's the gateway to the large west African market n exporting to that market should be our priority.
The argument about using the rail as an inland port is weak. Most nigerien economic activity is centred around Niamey n the capital city is closer to cotonou than katsina. Nigeria will have to offer more than rail transport to compete. Maribar or whatever its called is a dead en, nothing happens there. The rail project is a road to no where.

Tell them oo
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by MoIbrahim: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
sulaak:

I have no problem connecting Niger and Chad to Nigeria rail infrastructures, I think it's a good idea, but the first priority of a nation is its economic well-being, connecting Calabar to Lagos will link the industrialized South-West (Lagos and OgunState) with the commercial South East and the Oil producing South-South, thereby creating an industrial corridor of the South that can leverage those disparate industrial sectors.

I will suggest that the 17 states of the South work together and contribute the funds to build the rail infrastructure themselves because I don't see this government building any major infrastructure that will integrate the South.

Things are in stages.

Have you seen any rail line integrating the north? Let's be realistic.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Greatpoet(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by lildush(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
How will dat solve the problems of nigeria.... We have better things to do with dat money na.. things dat will have direct impact on our lives. Na waoo
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by somziency: 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2021
Independence, Availability of oil which lack in North, Economic growth, with our money.

Very blunt.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Saifullah01: 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
Good at least we are debating issues and not people or calling our selves names. this is the way to go.

Just to add, just because Niger is not exporting now doesn't mean it wouldn't in future. Nigeria is the shortest route to the sea for the oil regions of Niger. The Beninnese are already thinking of a pipeline through their country but they dont have the money and are banking on China. The Chinese have suddenly developed frugality as it regards to financing African projects. Nigeria needs to seize on this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Dspsalvate: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
It's bitterly ironic that our demo....)whose professed objectives was to break the shackles imposed upon us during those age of military dictatorship by these same race had rather been used to subjugate the entire population.
I traveled from Cross River state to Akwa Ibom about two days ago.... I leave Calabar by 4pm and manage to reached my house by 1:am. I'm not telling stories - It was on Tuesday.
Someone now come up with a flimsy and unsubstantiated excuse of building a railway in Niger because of his cousins.
The hardest thing in the world is to teach an old dog new tricks
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by GeoNyke: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
U call WIKE, does ur governors believe and fight for Biafra? You call Hope Uzodinma who is killing u guys. Please, know where to start and en
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by GeoNyke: 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2021
U call WIKE, does ur governors believe and fight for Biafra? You call Hope Uzodinma who is killing u guys. Please, know where to start and en
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Okoroawusa: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Well explained.

I Love PMB
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Newton85: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
BiafIntel:

Daft and dumb people like you are not worth being educated. Remain your idiocy and fulani slavery until Biafra is restored.
But I only asked a question na? How exactly did Fulanis re-draw the map of Igboland? Answer the question and stop acting like an ill-bred, ill-mannered slowpoke.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by Newton85: 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
BiafIntel:

Daft and dumb people like you are not worth being educated. Remain your idiocy and fulani slavery until Biafra is restored.
But I only asked a question na? How exactly did Fulanis re-draw the borders of Igboland? Answer the question and stop acting like an ill-bred, ill-mannered slowpoke.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by tianshie(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
Cowhari needs the speedy influx of his cousins from Niger to vote in Nigerian elections.
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by neutral2000: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
This rail will be the route for our invaders to continuously invade us, just like vikings, and eventually enslave us.
WE HAVE TO WAKE UP, TO CALL THIS GAME OVER
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by emmastace: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Where's the railway to the southeast from the Niger delta?
2mercy:

https://punchng.com/buhari-defends-1-9bn-nigeria-niger-republic-railway-project/
Re: Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project by dochenaj: 2:03am On Jun 11, 2021
To Buhari, Niger people could also pass off as Nigerians.

And I bet they do, during the elections.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Botswana Police Ranked Africa's Best, Nigeria At Bottom Of Global Report / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Dame Patience Jonathan Suffering From Cancer Of The Uterus - P.M News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.