Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Without The Books - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Without The Books (546 Views)

Prophetic Parallels From The Books Of Daniel And Revelation / It Is Impossible To Read All The Books Of The Bible & Still Be A Catholic / The Books Of Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without The Books by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
I have always been a middle minded person, but of resent I feel a huge to choose.
I really want to believe in some creator, but my mind as never been satisfied with shallow thoughts, I guess am fashioned for deeply rooted knowledge. I have always found it hard to swallow the pills of conceived faith.

And yet I want to believe that some of does with faith actually have a reasonable basis for their perspective.

Now the question is can you articulate that perception in a written speech? Maybe I could learn one or two from your view.

Take aside the Holy Books
Do you believe in a creator. yes or no
Whats his/her/its name or what you ascribe.
Describe him/her/it, the form, the existence, the concept.
Give us a reason: when did you became sold as a conscious human and why.
Re: Without The Books by budaatum: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:
I have always been a middle minded person, but of resent I feel a huge to choose.
I really want to believe in some creator, but my mind as never been satisfied with shallow thoughts, I guess am fashioned for deeply rooted knowledge. I have always found it hard to swallow the pills of conceived faith. And yet I want to believe that some of does with faith actually have a reasonable basis for their perspective.
I wonder why you would want to believe instead of understand. Are you somehow deciding to stop using your own brain and mind and just accept that which you are told?

Would you rather be ignorant naked enslaved Adam in the Garden of Eden who was afraid he would surely die, or would you be intelligent curious use her own senses Eve and pluck the fruit and find out if or not you shall surely die?

But I guess that's not what you asked, so here goes:

DFOmobolla:

No. I do not believe in a Creator because it is written that God created me in God's image to create, so if I believe, I am falsely claiming to not know whom I am and the powers invested in me.

DFOmobolla:
buda, would just about be the best name for it, though it could be you or any of my fellow human beings that I see before me, because Christ did say that if I do for those I see before me, any God I can imagine living in heaven is pleased. So, let us for the purpose of this thread say the God of buda is DFOmobolla to whom thanks and praises be.

DFOmobolla:

Can't exactly do that because that would be creating a false image which it is written God abhors, and besides, that would be limiting since even buda nor DFOmobolla is not merely this or that.

DFOmobolla:

Understanding, really. Once one understands, one will be sold, so to speak, or understand, as I would put it.

As for when, why that's a tricky one but I'll try. Atheist from birth due to no brainwashing. Confirmed atheist by 12 after reading the Bible and understanding I do not believe as I was told to. Unbelieving Theist like 10 years later when I decided to study the Books again. Confirmed Unbelieving Atheist Theist like a couple of years ago when I finally understood my own evolution.

I told you. Tricky. But you did say your "mind has never been satisfied with shallow thoughts" and that you are "fashioned for deeply rooted knowledge" and "have always found it hard to swallow the pills of conceived faith", so I would expect you to ask and seek and knock on the head of buda in order to understand.
Re: Without The Books by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:
And yet I want to believe that some of does with faith actually have a reasonable basis for their perspective.

Now the question is can you articulate that perception in a written speech? Maybe I could learn one or two from your view.

Take aside the Holy Books
Why take aside the Holy books? You claim you want to believe in some creator...will any Creator do it for you? undecided

You want to know of The Creator that I believe in, for what purpose? What does it matter to you the name and description I ascribe to Him? What meaning will that serve you? undecided

What good will my reason for believing do for you or nor seek. You don't know me or my background, let alone my walk for to pretend you will benefit from my eventual reasons. undecided
Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why take aside the Holy books? You claim you want to believe in some creator...will any Creator do it for you? undecided

You want to know of The Creator that I believe in, for what purpose? What does it matter to you the name and description I ascribe to Him? What meaning will that serve you? undecided

What good will my reason for believing do for you or nor seek. You don't know me or my background, let alone my walk for to pretend you will benefit from my eventual reasons. undecided

I think you underestimate me, tell me you reason and see if I won't benefit. Human background no matter how diverse, a believe as to a creator most transcend.

I said aside the Holy Books because I need a sincere understanding. Most Book believers are not sincere, in my own opinion.
Re: Without The Books by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

I think you underestimate me, tell me you reason and see if I won't benefit. Human background no matter how diverse, a believe as to a creator most transcend.

I said aside the Holy Books because I need a sincere understanding. Most Book believers are not sincere, in my own opinion.
I dont underestimate you. No, I simply want to understand how one who claims to be so knowledge focused would believe my personal experiences with My Creator will be of aid to him in finding his own. undecided
If you simply looking to copy the experience of others, why not join one of the many religious groups already out there. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

I wonder why you would want to believe instead of understand. Are you somehow deciding to stop using your own brain and mind and just accept that which you are told?

Would you rather be ignorant naked enslaved Adam in the Garden of Eden who was afraid he would surely die, or would you be intelligent curious use her own senses Eve and pluck the fruit and find out if or not you shall surely die?

But I guess that's not what you asked, so here goes:

No. I do not believe in a Creator because it is written that God created me in God's image to create, so if I believe, I am falsely claiming to not know whom I am and the powers invested in me.

buda, would just about be the best name for it, though it could be you or any of my fellow human beings that I see before me, because Christ did say that if I do for those I see before me, any God I can imagine living in heaven is pleased. So, let us for the purpose of this thread say the God of buda is DFOmobolla to whom thanks and praises be.

Can't exactly do that because that would be creating a false image which it is written God abhors, and besides, that would be limiting since even buda nor DFOmobolla is not merely this or that.

Understanding, really. Once one understands, one will be sold, so to speak, or understand, as I would put it.

As for when, why that's a tricky one but I'll try. Atheist from birth due to no brainwashing. Confirmed atheist by 12 after reading the Bible and understanding I do not believe as I was told to. Unbelieving Theist like 10 years later when I decided to study the Books again. Confirmed Unbelieving Atheist Theist like a couple of years ago when I finally understood my own evolution.

I told you. Tricky. But you did say your "mind has never been satisfied with shallow thoughts" and that you are "fashioned for deeply rooted knowledge" and "have always found it hard to swallow the pills of conceived faith", so I would expect you to ask and seek and knock on the head of buda in order to understand.

This is a classic coincidence cause I was just about mentioning you on another thread, based on "Nairaland Democratic Party".
It won't work, at least not for 2023 and when it eventually does, it would be hijacked. So its a pointless waste of time, in my opinion.

Wkdwv dq kbsrwkhwlfdo txhvwlrq

Zh duh dwwhl dqg lqwhooljhqw.
Zh qhhg wr wdnh fkdujh riulfd.
Earliest cipher. Predecessor of Emperor. Successor of Republic
Re: Without The Books by budaatum: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

This is a classic coincidence cause I was just about mentioning you on another thread, based on "Nairaland Democratic Party".
It won't work, at least not for 2023 and when it eventually does, it would be hijacked. So its a pointless waste of time, in my opinion.

What you mean is, you will not contribute to making it work, not in 2023, or 2027, or 2031, or in 3031 if you live that long, but what you fail to understand is that it is precisely this your attitude that needs to change for it to work, and that despite all your resistance, we shall overcome someday because we know the you that we are up against, and we are prepared for the struggle ahead.

Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I dont underestimate you. No, I simply want to understand how one who claims to be so knowledge focused would believe my personal experiences with My Creator will be of aid to him in finding his own. undecided
If you simply looking to copy the experience of others, why not join one of the many religious groups already out there. undecided

OK got your point, but Your Creator and Your Experience may be a pointer for me. I know what to believe if I have two clear choices. It doesn't have to be a model just a view to what or how the other side looks, if I eventually decide to go through the rabbit hole.
Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

What you mean us, you will not contribute to making it work, not in 2023, or 2027, or 2031, or in 3031 if you live that long, but what you fail to understand is that it is precisely this your attitude that needs to change for it to work, and that despite all your resistance, we shall overcome someday because we know the you that we are up against, and we are prepared for the struggle ahead.

Decrypt that cipher and let us contribute meaningfully to Africa.

I don't even know how you think forming a new political party or support group will go far in eliminating Nigeria's problem.

We are living in a country were the majority are uneducated literate and you think that would survive against it?

Other nations are already designing how to recolonize Africa through f500 companies and you are here thinking of a political party to elect people you don't know. Just because you share an online community is not a validation to anybodies personality.

And like I said its a waste cause by the time the party get anywhere close to the sit of Authority it won't matter.

The age of Europe came and as gone, The American age as came and is going, The Asian age was badly thought and is been exploited, The African age is near and everybody knows it but the Africans.
Now you are here preaching the Asian form of approach, taking over the politics without enlightening the people.
Re: Without The Books by budaatum: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

Decrypt that cipher and let us contribute meaningfully to Africa.

I don't even know how you think forming a new political party or support group will go far in eliminating Nigeria's problem.

We are living in a country were the majority are uneducated literate and you think that would survive against it?

Other nations are already designing how to recolonize Africa through f500 companies and you are here thinking of a political party to elect people you don't know. Just because you share an online community is not a validation to anybodies personality.

And like I said its a waste cause by the time the party get anywhere close to the sit of Authority it won't matter.

The age of Europe came and as gone, The American age as came and is going, The Asian age was badly thought and is been exploited, The African age is near and everybody knows it but the Africans.
Now you are here preaching the Asian form of approach, taking over the politics without enlightening the people.

First, the Nairaland Democratic Party is not a party as such, but a union of able minded people on Nairaland who are willing to contribute to using the power of their minds to making a change and a difference. That point is made very clear in the thread concerned if you would but read it!

Second , the aim of the Nairaland Democratic Party is that we all become responsible for educating ourselves and then others, as our collective ignorance is our main problem!

And third, I am not preaching anything Asian to anyone nor am I even preaching since I expect you to use your own mind and contribute all by yourself! This you might note if you bothered to read and understand my initial response to you in this very thread, which you obviously have not done because it is impossible to understand without further questioning which you have not so far bothered to do.

If the African Age is here as I also want to believe, considering the immense number of youths we now have who are diligently educating themselves to make a difference, then Nigeria must be a part of it and it must start with Nigerian you and Nigerian me, along with the over 2.5m Nigerians registered here on Nairaland. Some states have far less people in it than that so it would be rather naive to not see the influence we might have if enough of us decide to work to positively exercise that influence.
Re: Without The Books by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

OK got your point, but Your Creator and Your Experience may be a pointer for me. I know what to believe if I have two clear choices. It doesn't have to be a model just a view to what or how the other side looks, if I eventually decide to go through the rabbit hole.
Up until just a few years ago myself, I took had no clear idea of what was on the other side of the rabbit hole, but one thing I was sure of was that I didnt want any of what the religious folks have. I was set on finding God for myself, and that turned out to be one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far. The other best was the choice I made to submit and obey God just as He demands all those who come to Him do. undecided

It would be wrong of me to try to sell you on my God as I believe it is important, especially for those who don't already Know or have an idea of The Creator to think carefully, and make a decision after this on next steps.
* Why do you need God ?
* why now?
* How much of you are you willing to give up?
* How far are you willing to go?

These are some the questions you ought to focus on asking yourself and not others. Anyways, my mind tells me you may already know this but are making trying to get feelers out there on others instead, and my response to that would be, "Don't". Don't worry about what others believe or think... focus on You and you alone. undecided
Re: Without The Books by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

Have you seen anything which created itself? Camry, iPhone, table, seed?

Even you did not and could not create yourself.

A thing which did not create itself is Always Created by Another called the Creator".

DFOmobolla:

Can a Corrolla describe Mr. Toyoda or iPhone, Steve Jobs?

So also can no man describe his Creator, save that his Creator has shown certain aspects of Himself to him.

DFOmobolla:

Is this not simple, can a car move to escape harm or a phone talk to explain itself or a statue see a bomb and dodge, or iron hear fire burning to flee?

Even if there is nothing like the word "conscious human" but it is sufficient that I am a thing which responds to stimuli both internal and external.
Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Up until just a few years ago myself, I took had no clear idea of what was on the other side of the rabbit hole, but one thing I was sure of was that I didnt want any of what the religious folks have. I was set on finding God for myself, and that turned out to be one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far. The other best was the choice I made to submit and obey God just as He demands all those who come to Him do. undecided

It would be wrong of me to try to sell you on my God as I believe it is important, especially for those who don't already Know or have an idea of The Creator to think carefully, and make a decision after this on next steps.
* Why do you need God ?
* why now?
* How much of you are you willing to give up?
* How far are you willing to go?

These are some the questions you ought to focus on asking yourself and not others. Anyways, my mind tells me you may already know this but are making trying to get feelers out there on others instead, and my response to that would be, "Don't". Don't worry about what others believe or think... focus on You and you alone. undecided

With this your writeup i think i have got one or two things, but hey! I feel its Injustice and inconsiderate to purposely know and conceal the truth, the path to it and the knowledge of/about it. Anyway I respect you opinion.
Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Have you seen anything which created itself? Camry, iPhone, table, seed?

Even you did not and could not create yourself.

A thing which did not create itself is Always Created by Another called the Creator".

Can a Corrolla describe Mr. Toyoda or iPhone, Steve Jobs?

So also can no man describe his Creator, save that his Creator has shown certain aspects of Himself to him.

Is this not simple, can a car move to escape harm or a phone talk to explain itself or a statue see a bomb and dodge, or iron hear fire burning to flee?

Even if there is nothing like the word "conscious human" but it is sufficient that I am a thing which responds to stimuli both internal and external.

Lol, your analogy is spot on Deist, and have learnt something. Bigbang described the creation but not the creator.
Re: Without The Books by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

First, the Nairaland Democratic Party is not a party as such, but a union of able minded people on Nairaland who are willing to contribute to using the power of their minds to making a change and a difference. That point is made very clear in the thread concerned if you would but read it!

Second , the aim of the Nairaland Democratic Party is that we all become responsible for educating ourselves and then others, as our collective ignorance is our main problem!

And third, I am not preaching anything Asian to anyone nor am I even preaching since I expect you to use your own mind and contribute all by yourself! This you might note if you bothered to read and understand my initial response to you in this very thread, which you obviously have not done because it is impossible to understand without further questioning which you have not so far bothered to do.

If the African Age is here as I also want to believe, considering the immense number of youths we now have who are diligently educating themselves to make a difference, then Nigeria must be a part of it and it must start with Nigerian you and Nigerian me, along with the over 2.5m Nigerians registered here on Nairaland. Some states have far less people in it than that so it would be rather naive to not see the influence we might have if enough of us decide to work to positively exercise that influence.

First we must establish one fact.
I have read the manifesto and quite understood it. Am not trying to discredit your effort in reaching out, trying to find a solution to our collective problem.
But what I am trying to do is let you realise, even though your intentions are pure and just they are easily exploitable. But you can go on with it anyway and I would lend support as much as I can.
How do I register?

Your third paragraph is like a lamp that can't see its tail.

What we need is not self learning (don't let us make the same mistakes the founders of African nations made decades ago), what we need is mass learning with no restrictions to information sharing and decimation of idea's. The type that bring people together not for political activities but the sole purpose of national enlightenment.

The solution to our problem is not in politics but in the people. Presidency can't eradicate tribalism in 10 years but civilisation can and thats what we should go after.
But like I said I respect your decision, after all politicians/clergymen were the first intellectuals.
Re: Without The Books by budaatum: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

The solution to our problem is not in politics but in the people.

What we need is not self learning

Presidency can't eradicate tribalism in 10 years but civilisation can and thats what we should go after.

First, discredit my effort? Lol. If any one can demoralise me, which is what I think you mean, then I better give up now. And this is a secret so do dare not tell anyone please, but buda's effort (seeds, I call them) will live on after I am dead and worm food. May you live longer than I do so you can say buda did say so.

Now. The points above. Politics is us discussing our problems and intellectually finding solutions. An alternative to politics is war, not really hearing one another, and insulting each other, and let me add, love for one another, as in, consideration as opposed to selfishness.

Self learning is me picking up a book and reading it. It also includes reading what you, DFOmobolla, my God, remember, writes, as well as putting in the effort to understand what you write and understanding you just like I would any God, because I can not worship you if I do not first attempt to get to know you as much as I know myself whom I must first educate about myself - yes, you read that correctly, I must first educate myself about myself in order to know myself and then must I educate myself in order to know and understand you. Hence self education. There is no school that teaches DFOmobolla or buda and I need a Masters, if not a Phd in both.

Finally, Presidency. For this one, I am going to punish you by giving you a long thread so you may read my contributions. But to make it easy for you, I'll start you off with the following:

budaatum:
Nobody will invest in a country it's citizens call a zoo, because it is very obvious that the animals will break out of their cage one day and turn the country into a jungle and eat up all one's investments!

But I guess you don't quite get the fact that if Nigeria is a zoo, as some claim, we the Nigerians are the animals in the cages in the zoo that will one day break out and turn the zoo into a jungle.

Deceive yourselves some more, I say, expecting to reap without first tilling the ground before sowing!

budaatum:

The government is not made up of Martians who came from Mars! The government is made up of people from amongst ourselves whom we ourselves elected to rule over ourselves.

If we do not like how the current leaders we elected are leading us, na democracy we de, we just wait 4 years and elect from amongst ourselves those who will lead us as we would like ourselves to be led.

But if we keep thinking it is our so called leaders who are solely responsible for misleading us, then we obviously have learnt nothing since we got the power to democratically lead ourselves and will likely make the same mistake of electing the wrong leaders from amongst ourselves to lead us at the next election and will likely make the same mistake at the election after the next one and the one after that.

By the election of say 2031 I think and hope, perhaps we shall then have learnt that no one but ourselves can free ourselves from the hell of no jobs and etc that we have ourselves created for ourselves.

I have immense faith in us despite your continued objection!

Below is the link to page 1 of the thread. Enjoy. And do not be lazy now.
https://www.nairaland.com/6596379/want-jobs-behave-yourselves-buhari
Re: Without The Books by budaatum: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
DFOmobolla:

How do I register?

Oh! I almost forgot this. Just follow the thread.

Sometime in the future it will become energised with greater participation, likely once we enter electorate registration period, though every post of mine is related to it just that I'm far too arrogant to request I be followed.

Join the Nairaland Democratic Party and be the difference you want to see!

(1) (Reply)

Support Needed / BBC Dubs Storm Waves In Newhaven, England: Idol "neptune" / Water Baptism Is A Swimming Exercise- Dr Abel Damina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.