Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,815 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen (4220 Views)

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

Nothing, I repeat NOTHING can DIRECTLY measure DARK ENERGY! you are the one using straw man's argument. Read up!
You can detect dark energy and give accurate figures, none for your god.

He exist only in your head
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
But we have measured dark energy to be 70% of the universe with a methodology that is verifiable, no verifiable method can test God.

It’s faulty equivalence oga, you god cannot be tested, dark energy can be tested.

Dark energy can't be tested, that's a fact for NOW!
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
You can detect dark energy and give accurate figures, none for your god.

He exist only in your head

You can't detect it DIRECTLY. You can only PERCEIVE IT. know the difference.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

Dark energy can't be tested, that's a fact for NOW!
sorry it can, even if it can’t, it’s still not evidence for your God
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

That's a good question. It will take me a little while to write it out, so bear with me.

Take all the time you need.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
Just give us a method that is repeatable and that will give same result every time like radio telescope for dark energy.

I may not respond to you about this, but LORDREED. If you show we can follow a logical discussion, I will mention you too.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

You can't detect it DIRECTLY. You can only PERCEIVE IT. know the difference.
whats this one saying na, arguing like kindagerten.

Your God cannot be detected nor directly and indirectly. Still a fallacy of faulty equivalence
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
sorry it can, even if it can’t, it’s still not evidence for your God

You are just contradicting yourself, where do you stand, so I know how to respond.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:52am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

I may not respond to you about this, but LORDREED. If you show we can follow a logical discussion, I will mention you too.
I am waiting, it’s really hard proving stuffs that doesn’t exist
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:52am On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

Take all the time you need.

The other guy is the one distracting me with faulty accusations and logic.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:53am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
whats this one saying na, arguing like kindagerten.

Your God cannot be detected nor directly and indirectly. Still a fallacy of faulty equivalence

That's were you are wrong, God can be PERCEIVED indirectly says Rom 1:20
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:53am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

You are just contradicting yourself, where do you stand, so I know how to respond.
Just provide a method to test your god, whether directly or indirectly
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

That's were you are wrong, God can be PERCEIVED indirectly says Rom 1:20
give a method.

Let’s test it if it will give repeatable results
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
Just provide a method to test your god, whether directly or indirectly

That discuss may not include you as I said. It will only include the other guy for now.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

That discuss may not include you as I said. It will only include the other guy for now.

I am interested in the discussion because I like to see how you provide the method test your own god out of 4200
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
give a method.

Let’s test it if it will give repeatable results

You will not be included. But you can follow the discuss but I'll only respond to LordReed's questions on the subject and not yours.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
I am interested in the discussion because I like to see how you provide the method test your own god out of 4200

You can be interested and follow but that is where my engagement ends with you.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

You will not be included. But you can follow the discuss but I'll only respond to LordReed's questions on the subject and not yours.
lol grin
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

You can be interested and follow but that is where my engagement ends with you.
Its pretty hard defending unprovable stuffs like unicorns,dragon and your god
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
Its pretty hard defending unprovable stuffs like unicorns,dragon and your god

You are just trolling. I believe you are mature enough.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Workch: 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

You are just trolling. I believe you are mature enough.
That is because no one has been able to prove their God for more than 300,000years now and you are trying hard to do that.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by needanswer: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

What in the universe is indicative of this god's power?

Power is the ability to perform acts, the capacity to accomplish things, to do work; also, authority or influence as a result of endowments or position.

God’s acts are not isolated, unrelated, or erratic expressions of energy but are coordinated, purposeful acts with a definite end in view.

God’s power is revealed in many uncountable ways in the universe but I will explain just two close to our home Earth.

On Earth, two shields keep us safe—the earth’s atmosphere and its magnetic field.

The atmosphere, for example, does more than provide us with air to breathe. It also shields us from the majority of the debris that hurtles through space. Chunks of rock that could cause massive damage usually burn up on entering the earth’s atmosphere, creating beautiful bright streaks of light in the night sky.

The earth’s magnetic field also protects us from harm. This shield originates deep inside the earth. The earth’s outer core, mostly made of molten iron, generates a powerful magnetic field that envelops us and stretches far into space. This field safeguards us from the radiation emanating from solar flares and explosions in the outer regions of the sun. Thanks to the earth’s magnetic field, these bursts of energy do not scorch all life on the surface of our globe. Instead, they are absorbed and deflected. We see evidence of our magnetic shield at work in the gorgeous multicolored light displays that dance in the sky near the North and South poles. Without a doubt, God is “vigorous in power.”—Read Isaiah 40:26.

Man has found these two powerful shields very useful in transportation and telecommunication, amongst others.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

What in the universe is indicative of this god's power?

What sort of dumbing down is this? All humans are indicative of God's power. Like the verse stated, ALL His creation, all the birds, insects, animals, trees, skies, planets and systems. Abi which one your god don create without using billions upon billions of dollars and still needing improvement and update per term. Nonsense. Don't annoy me this afternoon with rubbish question.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Image123:

What sort of dumbing down is this? All humans are indicative of God's power. Like the verse stated, ALL His creation, all the birds, insects, animals, trees, skies, planets and systems. Abi which one your god don create without using billions upon billions of dollars and still needing improvement and update per term. Nonsense. Don't annoy me this afternoon with rubbish question.

Lagbaja Nothing For You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd-MeDtmIbA
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by Image123(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

Lagbaja Nothing For You!

Keep learning. That's the goal, the lesser the folly the better.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by haddeylium(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

I never said Abiogenesis is a theoretical fact, I was only illustrating how scientific facts work independent of any beliefs.

You can choose to believe in skydaddy, I have no problem with that but don't use your beliefs to shield misinformation. You won't get any protection because you think your sky daddy beliefs give you immunity from criticism.

The bolded, you pushed abiogenesis which is just a mere hypothesis without credible evidence as substitute for disbelief in a diety. Really?
Cos' in your personal opinion, the former holds more water that the latter. You can't prove that neither by experiment or results.
As mysterious as you claimed it is, you holding on to it now requires FAITH. (Yes! your faith in it does not produce any result)
Just like Many religionists on this forum, you're in the same category with them. They cannot prove the existence of their God either by experiment or any worthwhile results.
Just like how you chose your own mystery, others did with theirs

1 Like

Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by DappaD: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO @ creation theory. OMFD!
Just like the authorities do not need to see with their own eyes to find you guilty, they don't have to see it with their own eyes to prove it is correct.
No it is not similar to faith in a god because it will be a conclusion reached by hard evidence, not hearsay and fanciful tales.

EMILO2STAY:
all mouth and empty in substance. you are lucky the atheist arguing with you are not grounded in science, They would have put you to rest in 2minutes by using your own science against you.

Unfortunately for you, your fellow atheist already wrote down on you so it’s clear who the misinformed person is between me and you. Guy accept your L like a man and move on.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by DappaD: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
haddeylium:

The bolded, you pushed abiogenesis which is just a mere hypothesis without credible evidence as substitute for disbelief in a diety. Really?
Cos' in your personal opinion, the former is holds more water that the latter. You can't prove that neither by experiment or results.
As mysterious as you claimed it is, you holding on to it now requires FAITH. (Yes! your faith in it does not produce any result)
Just like Many religionists on this forum, you're in the same category with them. They cannot prove the existence of their God either by experience or any worthwhile results.

Mans even said that “faith” is limited to just religious matters. But it’s evident that it has its place in science too but he just wants to deny it. Too deplorable for my liking.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
DappaD:

Unfortunately for you, your fellow atheist already wrote down on you so it’s clear who the misinformed person is between me and you. Guy accept your L like a man and move on.

L.MAO! EMILO2STAY is not an atheist, besides that's his opinion and he is entitled to but it doesn't make what you said correct.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Image123:

Keep learning. That's the goal, the lesser the folly the better.

Lagbaja Nothing For You!

Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
haddeylium:

Cos' in your personal opinion, the former holds more water that the latter. You can't prove that neither by experiment or results.
Just like Many religionists on this forum, you're in the same category with them. They cannot prove the existence of their God either by experiment or any worthwhile results.

I didn't push abiogenesis, I corrected an erroneous generalisation. You can choose whatever fantasy takes your fancy but don't use it as a cover to spread misinformation.
Re: This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen by LordReed(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
needanswer:

Power is the ability to perform acts, the capacity to accomplish things, to do work; also, authority or influence as a result of endowments or position.

God’s acts are not isolated, unrelated, or erratic expressions of energy but are coordinated, purposeful acts with a definite end in view.

God’s power is revealed in many uncountable ways in the universe but I will explain just two close to our home Earth.

On Earth, two shields keep us safe—the earth’s atmosphere and its magnetic field.

The atmosphere, for example, does more than provide us with air to breathe. It also shields us from the majority of the debris that hurtles through space. Chunks of rock that could cause massive damage usually burn up on entering the earth’s atmosphere, creating beautiful bright streaks of light in the night sky.

The earth’s magnetic field also protects us from harm. This shield originates deep inside the earth. The earth’s outer core, mostly made of molten iron, generates a powerful magnetic field that envelops us and stretches far into space. This field safeguards us from the radiation emanating from solar flares and explosions in the outer regions of the sun. Thanks to the earth’s magnetic field, these bursts of energy do not scorch all life on the surface of our globe. Instead, they are absorbed and deflected. We see evidence of our magnetic shield at work in the gorgeous multicolored light displays that dance in the sky near the North and South poles. Without a doubt, God is “vigorous in power.”—Read Isaiah 40:26.

Man has found these two powerful shields very useful in transportation and telecommunication, amongst others.

But this is exactly what I said, you are attributing occurrences in the universe to a god, even though we see no direct evidence of a god doing any of these things you mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God Wants You To Be Happy / What Happened to Your Ancestors Who Didn't Know Christ? / I Love That Man Of Galilee, For He Has Done So Very Much For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.