Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid (46370 Views)

How Long Does Embassy Keep Record Of Visa Denial / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Oracleforce: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
Copy and paste crew...
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Lucas10(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
Thank you for the hint
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by eluquenson(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
Nice info, i have heard about the social media handle on many occasions
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by d33types: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
Number 1; Do not use visa agents

8 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Siwisheswereesh: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
Must you have a social media account username

2 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by ugodson(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2021
rex444:
Only in Nigeria you will see someone going to apply for Philippines visa go soak chaplet for water ...

Too bad that's what Nigeria has turned to
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Amalekki: 11:54am On Jun 11, 2021
ivolt:

Why would anyone sacrifice their freedom of speech?
To get a visa.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Ayo2004: 11:55am On Jun 11, 2021
Nawa o..
When me sef go get money dey reason denied visa

If USA no work,better go try UK or UAE,anything to get out of this UAR shithole grin

3 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by ivolt: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2021
Amalekki:

To get a visa.
So, visa is more important than your freedom to say the truth?
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by sweetilicious(f): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2021
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Nathpris: 11:57am On Jun 11, 2021
The most important thing after a well packaged application is the GRACE of God.

12 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Richdee1(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2021
Gkay1:
Nowadays na connection matter not interview

Connection to see a VO??

Cc: Ednut

5 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Arizonaz: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2021
Thanks for the information
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by lonlytroy(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2021
On a normal day, wetin concern visa with social media if Nigeria na beta con3

2 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Springboot: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nice one op. Let me quickly correct your number for better information, the United embassy have access to every tweet you have ever tweeted including the deleted ones. So if you're giving them make sure you have never expressed any extreme opinion. Take this has a privileged information.

Note: I'm not certain about Facebook and others but be careful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Amalekki: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
I see something important missing.

Do not act in a patronizing way. Due to their diversity training, they understand the cultural differences but some may still think all the obvious "over respect and over gentle" behavior means you have something to hide and want to manipulate them emotionally. They know a typical Nigerian is very street smart.

I don't know how to explain this any better. Just try to act as normal as you can. Stay calm grin

7 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Hotzone(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
I am on diplomatic level
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by victorazy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
Gkay1:
Nowadays na connection matter not interview

Connection to get American visa right?

You must be a joker!

8 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by madridsta007(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
canadaddy:

Source: https://liveincanada.com.ng/2021/06/10/my-visa-application-denial-experience-things-you-must-avoid/

For someone who has travelled to nearly 90 countries and who has never been denied a visa, by God's mercies, I would stress this main point:

DO NOT LIE.

Dont lie. Dont exaggerate. Dont assume. Dont pretend. Dont act like something you arent. DO NOT LIE.

Sadly, it is the usual way for Nigerians to lie and it is ingrained in many Nigerians. I know this, as I have tried and failed to tire Nigerians to run research for me. They will say, "I will send it in 20 minutes" and in hours or days, it wont be sent.
Of course, I do not work with such people.
"Bros, I dey near your junction", when he hasnt left his house.
"Guy, send me money, I'll pay it on Friday", it would probably never come.
Nigerians have made lying a culture. Believe me, in the West, it will put you in TROUBLE.
Generaly, Americans, White folks are uncompromisingly blunt and desire honesty. If you start lying, you wont be consistent with your answers.
Lie once and that is the END for you. If you have to spend some weeks training yourself to tell the truth at ALL times, train yourself.

Because if you lie, patronise them, pretend, present fake documents, YOU WILL BE CAUGHT.
Meanwhile, the US has access to all your Tweets and Facebook comments, deleted or not deleted. THEY DO.

14 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by Holykiss4kind(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
ivolt:

Why would anyone sacrifice their freedom of speech because of visa?

Your freedom of such in your country might be capable of causing damages in foreign land.

France and other so called liberal countries are paying dearly for it.

3 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by ciencee(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Is nairaland a social media? Because, na only am and WhatsApp me get oo.....
No facebook
No Twitter,
No others........

3 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by alfasexy: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Africans are easy to control.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by NewDelhi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Amalekki:
I see something important missing.

Do not act in a patronizing way. Due to their diversity training, they understand the cultural differences but some may still think all the obvious "over respect and over gentle" behavior means you have something to hide and want to manipulate them emotionally. They know a typical Nigerian is very street smart.

I don't know how to explain this any better. Just try to act as normal as you can. Stay calm grin

Those guys are psychologist and they're very good at reading body language.

3 Likes

Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by JONSYN7154: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by pocohantas(f): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Richdee1:

Connection to see a VO??

Cc: Ednut

I tire for that one.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by zigzagluv: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
I dont use social media , what should i do ?
Siwisheswereesh:
Must you have a social media account username
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by ohosi4real(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thank you for your ideas
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by JONSYN7154: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Getting American visa is not hard.
Re: My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid by MarioZigabel(f): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Also importantly, please endeavor to arrive the interview venue at least 45mins before your appointment.
canadaddy:

Source: https://liveincanada.com.ng/2021/06/10/my-visa-application-denial-experience-things-you-must-avoid/

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UAE Announces 10-year Golden Visa Approval For Professionals / 7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / Who Knows This Bus Conductor That Died Along Ikorodu Sagamu Road? (Disturbing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.