Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. (53272 Views)

Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Passengers Stranded After Bus Conductor Runs Away With Money (video) / Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by SunTzu123(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
You have strong focus. For you to have N20m is a strong indication of discipline. If I have N20m, I will go to Epe, start pure water factory and buy farmland with the change

But since you are interested in relocating, try Canada. You can apply to a good school.

2 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by syva16447(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Invest In East Africa
Firstly you have to change your mindset about countries...
Even if you worth 100M NGN you are relocating to make more
No continent more favorable for investment than African continent...The Future is here
Create your business every one would want to invest in... traveling will never be a problem for you
Relocating to EU or US or others...with millions does not insured one success...infact you will invest wrongly and realise when you incurred debt...
Keep your money home...travel and observe...you can bring your money back when you find your dream to invest in...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by RALPHOW(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Proffwhyhurry12:
Why will a reasonable person leave where he make that amount of money?

Because where that money is coming from, more is still there.

If you taste life abroad you will not stay in this country even with 50Million

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by SunTzu123(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Proffwhyhurry12:

Good analysis!

3 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by VlamesIffect(f): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Proffwhyhurry12:

You are a good thinker.

3 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by SunTzu123(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
RALPHOW:

If you taste life abroad you will not stay in this country even with 50Million

Everybody is different. There's no region of the world I've not been to (pls I didn't say country but region) but given a choice, I will live here and be visiting anywhere I like!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Benrosaria(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
[quote author=Dadaboy post=102596337]Good day Nairalanders..

I am in dire need of support from people who have travel experience.
When I say travel experience, I mean people who has relocated from Nigeria completely.

I will be 30 next month, single (have always hated the idea of marrying any lady in Nigeria because I have been unlucky with most of them i met as they seem complicated, inconsequential, dishonest and inexposed).

To make this short, I spent a lot of my youth working so hard to save enough money with the mindset to relocate from Nigeria as Nigeria depresses me alot.

I have been able to save nearly 20 million naira, excluding investments running in millions i wish to put on cargo to ship wherever I wish to relocate to.

Now, my problem is finding a suitable location or environment where i can relocate to without stress and problems.

Note that, I do not intend to work for anyone as I have my own skills.

United States, United Kingdom are out of my plans as I have realised their system are not built to favour me or my type of person and seem more like stress and a slavery environment to me.

I applied for Canada visa with hope to get work permit but has been on hold for months as they have been on lockdown since.

Having lived in South Africa before for a short while and felt like home there, I had it as an option but I am at crossroads, if I can have better suggestions from experienced people here.

Also, if anywhere in Europe is advisable (remember I do not wish to work for anyone except part time, in my field or if must require me to get a work visa)

Please I need advice.[/quote

Just before I opened this thread I knew you were only seeking the attention of women.

There are better ways to advert.

If you have gone to South Africa you have an edge over some persons who haven’t, so keep your money and choose the path to making this world a better place for me and you.

Thank you
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by optimusprime2(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Depressed101:
in western countries business taxes are lesser than work taxes especially if you are employing people
And also he said he doesn't mind taking the work visa route

I am referring to the business financial model he submits that enables him picking up the entrepreneurship visa, since he stated he wantsto do his own business... on paper, the viability of the business needs to be demonstrated for at least a calendar year, so a feasibility report of the business must reflect that fiscal simulation (including taxes) with a buffer in the case of a risk...
for example this is what new Zealand requires for entrepreneurship visa applications;

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/entrepreneur-work-visa

As far as applications for entrepreneurship visa's are concerned such instances must be adequately demonstrated on Paper sir. And I just don't see 45k usd getting that job done, except there is a government intervention from the country...
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by seyoops4u: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
This is the determinant...
moneyissweet:
Nonsense question.

unless you make the 20 million naira though fast line..

If not, he should put people there and travel while the business is still running

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by PrincewithGod(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
My brother you have gotten all wrong. Your attention should be on where you will spend eternity not where to relocate to. Don't let that money distract you from the real purpose of life on earth: TO PREPARE FOR ETERNITY. Seek heaven rather than seeking a place on earth to relocate to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by akwatu29: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dadaboy:
Good day Nairalanders..

When I say travel experience, I mean people who has relocated from Nigeria completely.

I will be 30 next month, single (have always hated the idea of marrying any lady in Nigeria because I have been unlucky with most of them i met as they seem complicated, inconsequential, dishonest and inexposed).

To make this short, I spent a lot of my youth working so hard to save enough money with the mindset to relocate from Nigeria as Nigeria depresses me alot.

I have been able to save nearly 20 million naira, excluding investments running in millions i wish to put on cargo to ship wherever I wish to relocate to.

Now, my problem is finding a suitable location or environment where i can relocate to without stress and problems.

United States, United Kingdom are out of my plans as I have realised their system are not built to favour me or my type of person and seem more like stress and a slavery environment to me.

I applied for Canada visa with hope to get work permit but has been on hold for months as they have been on lockdown since.

Having lived in South Africa before for a short while and felt like home there, I had it as an option but I am at crossroads, if I can have better suggestions from experienced people here.

Also, if anywhere in Europe is advisable (remember I do not wish to work for anyone except part time, in my field or if must require me to get a work visa)

Please I need advice.

China will fit you
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by AnthonyAk(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
iykedare:

A lot of people don't understand that Canada has far less opportunities than USA and the UK. They get there and they`ll be stunned.

lol says who? do u live here?

4 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Ugosample(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
hannsg:
My guy forget these doomsayers.

I was in Abidjan with my cousin for 6 months last year - you can import batteries of $30,000 and sell out within 6 weeks. I met Naija guys doing that in Abobo and Treichville. You then re-stock, shey you can do the maths for a month. In 6 months,. you will be bringing in £20,000 stock per month. No shaking.

Africa sweet with business plan - forget Europe and the States - no freedom.

Let me not talk about the beaches and enjoyment.

You go ball wella!
Just curious to know
What is your definition of "freedom?"
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by planetx: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
You have #20 million in your dream lol

1 Like

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Harmattan123(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
Afghanistan or Burundi
And you will thank me later
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Ugosample(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
SunTzu123:

Everybody is different. There's no region of the world I've not been to (pls I didn't say country but region) but given a choice, I will live here and be visiting anywhere I like!
Well, people are different.
If not for my family members and close friends in Nigeria, God knows that I will NEVER set foot in Nigeria
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Terryindeed: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
Go to El-salvador, that's a country to be, plus BTC is now a longer tender. Freedom is something you will enjoy here lastly you can get there passport and be able to travel to 136 countries including the UK without a VISA.
Have a great day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by MemoriesAndMe: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
socialmediaman:
N20 Million is about $45,000 USD, so wherever you’re going, it’s almost inevitable that you’ll need to work hard, for someone else. That money or some of it can at least get you a down payment for a home.

Depending on your education preference, learn some skill, like plumbing... or go into the medical or IT field etc. You could also try to start some food business, cook in your home and supply Nigerians who are too busy to cook, or learn hair styling and advertise online. These are some self employment jobs people do part time or full time abroad

I will advise you to be open minded to do whatever is smart, legal, and pays the bills, while saving and educating yourself for the long term
I think he said he doesn't want to work for anyone, so we are assuming he wants to start his own business with his $45,000.

@OP, though you said you don't want the US, but it could be a baseline for other nations.
You can start with a small franchise with just an EIN number the IRS provides you in the US and that can become your business if you know how to make it grow. While your business grows, you can consider ways of adjusting your status so you don't end up an illegal alien.

Prioritizing will come in handy, otherwise your $45,000 will just disappear on bills in a matter of months - your travel cost, accommodation and cost of first car will take roughly a quarter of what you have.
So, you may want to see if it works same way in other nations you have on your mind.
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by VicM6: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
mtcheew, this one don't know law at all...... better relocate to UAR jeje and leave this Nigeria alone... tor
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by lichocho(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
optimusprime2:

To be honest, you are putting yourself in a limited box, with your requested conditions.

Firstly not wanting to work for anyone... who or what entity will support your residency paperwise?

Secondly Entrepreneurship Taxes... bro let's be real here, 20 Million is not even up to 50,000 USD so what 100% profitable venture can you set up as an entrepreneur, let's say in Canada that's going to give you a consistent flow to match up to the taxes without you running at a loss within the first year?

Which Brings me to the third point; Entrepreneurship/investment visa... the minimum amount required for most visas of this category is usually 150k usd or more depending on the country, and you are well below that threshold assuming you want to go indy, so your options are quite limited.

You seem limited to Caribbean zones or South American zones, scratch off some profitable Asian zones and English speaking zones.

For Europe the dynamics are very different, you just need to have a base in either a supporting employer, a spouse or an educational institution otherwise, Nada...

Either ways rethink your strategy, the specifics you stated are very limiting. I think relocation requests a great deal of flexibility from the individual, because things most definitely do not go as envisaged in such situations.
pls ehh wot of working Canada visa or Australia?just want to go Nd work..like how much?
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by olamilekan9(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
omoadeleye:
The money wey you suppose invest use live like a king here you wan go use live like a pauper in abroad. Smh.
plsro Don’t answer these people ooooo...japa ooo,i don talk my own
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Kaiser20: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dadaboy:
Good day Nairalanders..

Please I need advice.

1. You don't want stress
2. A country without problem
3. Don't want to work.
Bro. try to add 480 million to that your 20 million naira, when you have 500million you can relocate jeje to any country without stress and problem and also not working
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Getdabag: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Let's see
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by andyblinks05: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dadaboy:

I am into entertainment.
Dadaboy MTV base right?
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by WayoProphet: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2021
I see you taking bad advice, I see you staying back in Nigeria. I see the 20million vanishing into thin air. This I have seen.
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by planetx: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2021
Terryindeed:
Go to El-salvador, that's a country to be, plus BTC is now a longer tender. Freedom is something you will enjoy here lastly you can get there passport and be able to travel to 136 countries including the UK without a VISA.
Have a great day.
El Salvador whose citizens are crashing the US border on foot by the millions every year is the place this one is telling someone to go. 136 countries visa free with El Salvador passport indeed, don't know who told you that fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2021
Proffwhyhurry12:
Why will a reasonable person leave where he makes that amount of money?

Nigeria is no longer safe
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by swedbase(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
If you don't want to work and pay tax you better remain There. Europe is configured in a such a way that one must work and pay taxes. 20 million can't pay all your bills for even 1 year.
One bedroom and a living room is about 700 euro a month minus electricity, insurance, transportation, internet, medical as a non permanent resident.
You will also need a residence permit plus entertainment license which can take years. Bro you better re-strategize if actually you really want to relocate and succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by planetx: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
ObiciousBoss:
El Salvador is a sure place but you need about 3BTC (Bitcoins) to become a citizen there.. that's about #48M..so keep investing your #20M!
#48 million to become a citizen of a shithole third world country whose citizens are fleeing to the US by the millions yearly including citizens of Honduras and Guatemala those three countries are the millions you see walking towards the US border prompting Trump to build the wall. Lol you Nigerians are hilarious and naive.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by PStacks(m): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dadaboy:

I have been to many countries honestly.. including Mauritius.
Even though the country is beautiful and have most of the best things I have seen like Airport and so on, i do not really see anything special there except tourism. I would even prefer Seychelles to Mauritius.

Why Seychelles? Why not Kuku go to Madrid and Have a Beautiful life.

Anywhere the Basics are not made to seem like Luxury.

where living comes easy and Simple.

Imagine a Perfect Society like France where somebody still has mind to go and be slapping Emmanuel Macron..

if that guy was in Nigeria, Only God knows what he would have done..
Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by felixnkubi: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
planetx:
El Salvador whose citizens are crashing the US border on foot by the millions every year is the place this one is telling someone to go. 136 countries visa free with El Salvador passport indeed, don't know who told you that fallacy.
Lol. when I was reading it, I was like what is this Mumu saying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. by felixnkubi: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
planetx:
#48 million to become a citizen of a shithole third world country whose citizens are fleeing to the US by the millions yearly including citizens of Honduras and Guatemala those three countries are the millions you see walking towards the US border prompting Trump to build the wall. Lol you Nigerians are hilarious and naive.
how does this one person represent all Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is / Azman Air Makes Emergency Landing After Passenger Started A Fire In Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.