Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) (8176 Views)

Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Daily Supplications Of The Prophet- Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam / What They Said About Him (Muhammad- Salallahu alayhi wasalam) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2021
PaedophileProph:

Exactly how you do your salat

Where's the proof?
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by AntiChristian: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2021
PaedophileProph:

Exactly how you do your salat

And what does Salat mean?
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by TripleAR(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Will you keep shut! Is Ebenezer in your mother tongue?

And you have not been scammed that God get son wey come die?
Some even say he is God and still say he is the son of God,see confusion May Allah guide us to the right path.Ameen

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by TripleAR(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

And what does Salat mean?
Salat is a special way of thanking Allah for creating you and making you a muslim,it also serve as a differenciation between muslim and kufar(unbelievers) and it is also an exercise for the body and mind
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by TripleAR(m): 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
chillychill:
@rashduct4luv

so all dose words like "Lola anobi wa Muhammed" (if u no what I mean by dis) during supplications is not good?
Yes,u can only supplicate with your own good deeds not the one of another person.Allahu a'lam

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2021
TripleAR:

Yes,u can only supplicate with your own good deeds not the one of another person. Allahu a'lam

Supplication with good deeds is another different matter. And yes this is permissible according to the hadith of the three men in the cave.
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by TripleAR(m): 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
Rashduct4luv:

And yes this is permissible according to the hadith of the three men in the cave.
State the hadith pls
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2021
TripleAR:

State the hadith pls

Abdullah ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “While three men were walking, they were overcome by rain and took refuge in a cave in a mountain. A boulder fell over the mouth of their cave, blocking them inside. One of them said to the others, ‘Look at the good deeds you have done for Allah that you may call upon Allah Almighty by them, for perhaps He will relieve you.’ One of them said, ‘O Allah, I had two old parents with my wife and young child. I tended to a flock and when evening came, I milked them and served my parents first before my child. One day I went in search of fodder and I did not come back until it was evening. I found them both sleeping, so I milked as I had done before. I brought the milk and stood by their heads, for I hated to disrupt their sleep or to serve my child before both of them. My child was crying at my feet, yet I continued standing over them until the approach of dawn. If You know I had done that seeking Your countenance, then relieve us of this distress that we might see the sky!’ Allah shifted the boulder until they could see the sky. Another man said, ‘O Allah, I had a cousin whom I loved more than any man could love women. I presented myself to her and she refused unless I could give her one hundred coins. I worked hard until I gathered one hundred coins and brought them to her. When I prepared myself between her legs, she said: O servant of Allah, fear Allah and do not break the hymen without right to do so! I stood and left her. If You know I had done that seeking your Face, then relieve us of this distress!’ The boulder was again shifted for them. The last man said, ‘O Allah, I employed a worker for a portion of rice. When he finished his work, he said: Give me what I deserve! I offered his share to him but he did not accept it. I continued planting his share until I had amassed cows and flocks. Then he came to me and he said: Fear Allah and do not violate my rights! I said: Go to this cow and its flocks and take them. He said: Fear Allah and do not mock me! I said: I do not mock you, take that cow and its flocks. So he took them and he left. If You know I had done that seeking Your face, then relieve us of what remains!’ Then Allah relieved them of what remained.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3465, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2473

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by AntiChristian: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2021
TripleAR:

Salat is a special way of thanking Allah for creating you and making you a muslim,it also serve as a differenciation between muslim and kufar(unbelievers) and it is also an exercise for the body and mind

This is what Salah mean mostly!
But Salah in a wider sense is more than that. It can also mean du'a, invocation, asking for blessings, etc.

Allah sends His Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy, etc.) on the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and also His angels too (ask Allah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salat on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad SAW), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As­Salamu 'Alaikum).
Qur'an 33:56

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by TripleAR(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
I still dont get ur point-are u saying a person can use another person deed to supplicate or what?
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by ALFADOS(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2022
Rashduct4luv:
Question
Many people say “Ash-shafaa‘ah ya Muhammad (intercession, O Muhammad.” Is this is shirk?

Answer
Praise be to Allah.

Seeking intercession from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) or anyone else among the dead is not permissible, and it constitutes major shirk according to the scholars, because after he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) died, he has no power to do anything, and Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: All intercession belongs to Allah alone [and no one can intercede except by His leave]” [az-Zumar 39:44].

So intercession is under the control of Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, and neither the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) nor anyone else among the dead has any power after death to intercede, offer supplication or do anything else. When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah), beneficial knowledge, or a righteous child who will pray for him. Rather what was narrated is that salutations of blessing and peace will be conveyed to him (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), hence he said: “Send blessings upon me, for your blessings will reach me no matter where you are.”

With regard to the hadith which says that deeds will be shown to him, and whatever he finds of goodness in them, he will praise Allah for it, and whatever he finds in them of evil, he will pray for forgiveness for us, this is a da‘eef (weak) hadith that has not been soundly narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Even if it were soundly narrated, there is nothing in it to indicate that we may ask him for intercession.

The point is that seeking intercession from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) or from anyone else among the dead is something that is not permissible, and according to Islamic teachings it comes under the heading of major shirk, because it is seeking from the dead person something that he has no power to do, like asking him for healing of the sick, or for victory over one’s enemies, or to help those who are faced with distress, and so on. All of these are types of major shirk, and there is no difference between seeking that from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) or from Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir, or from anyone else, or from al-Badawi or from al-Husayn, and so on. Seeking this from the dead is something that is not permissible, and it is one of the categories of shirk.

Rather we may pray for mercy for the deceased, if he was Muslim, and pray for forgiveness and mercy for him. In the case of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), if a Muslim sends greetings of salaam to him, he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) prays for him. But if he asks him for aid or intercession or support against his enemies, all of that is not permitted, and these are actions that were done by the people of Jaahiliyyah and the people of shirk. The Muslim must be careful about this matter and avoid such things. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him).

Fataawa Noor ‘ala ad-Darb (1/392)

Sourced from IslamQA

Note: We are not required to seek intercession from anything or anyone human, angel, Jinn, etc except Allah.
Masha Allah jzkhr

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by OHLART(f): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jazakhumullah khaeran, I learn new thing already today
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
At least y'all agree Muhammad is as dead as dodo

Jesus is alive though
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Antiislaam(m): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
You're seeking intercession from someone that doesn't knw his end while alive, it is finish for you Muslims
Re: Ruling On Seeking Intercession From The Prophet (salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) by Panda7(m): 1:58am On Mar 19, 2022
what is intercession op

and seun should stop being funny someone cannot learn about religion without swearing which is against faith. or we should keep perishing from lack of understanding

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages / Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / 100 Advice From Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.