Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria (16954 Views)

3 Important Things To Do Before Accepting A Job Offer / At What Point Is It Too Late To Back Out After Accepting A Job Offer? / 5 Things To Consider Before Accepting A Job Offer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by uuzba(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Babtunz:

Why?

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Bahun(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2021
cheesy grin grin grin
SanctifiedSista:
All of this makes sense
Before going for any interview. Don't eat beans, moimoi or Amara the night before

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by ohosi4real(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2021
Nice
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by tydi(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Who cares to work in Nigeria when you can sit at home in a well suitable air conditioner and be bombing these white people like say tomorrow no Dey.
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Charles545: 10:25am On Jun 12, 2021
Nice guidance on the topic.
Meanwhile, you can have a side hustle for a small /big contract��
You can register the following:
•Business Name
•Limited Liability Company/ Public Liability Company
•Church, Mosque, School, NGO, e.t.c
Kindly contact us for your registrations at ayoj659@yahoo.com

All fast, reliable and at an affordable price.
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by badbreathcure101: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2021
tuna85:
The urge to remove joblessness and poverty from one's life may not even make you consider the above points before accepting the job. After a while you start to regret, wishing that you were better at home than taking the job.

Our elders always say 'wahala, e no dey finish'
in your 20s and 30s it's better to be jobless and stay at home so that ppl can see you and help u. That's the mistake alot of ppl have made. Going and coming so that neighborhood will say "he is working " then by the time you are 45 without nothiNg it is then too late.

Anyone in his 20s and 30s should be selective of the job they do, that's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2021
The two things I expect is Salary and what the nature of work looks like every other factors are secondary
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by segebase(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2021
G
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by lanre88(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2021
people still seek jobs? how much would they pay you that networking wouldn't pay more.

Open yours eyes, used to be blinded by banking job then.

Live life on your terms. A word is enough...
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by bamasite2: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2021
Cvclue11:
According to a recent poll performed by Investors in People, about 60% of employed Britons are dissatisfied with their present position.

So, how did they wind up there to begin with?
When you are given a job after the dreaded interview, it is undoubtedly a fantastic sensation.

However, it's critical that you don't get carried away in that magnificent moment of pride, as so many job seekers do.

Before you accept an offer on the spur of the moment, be sure the job, company, and industry are all a great fit for you. Accepting an undesirable job you don't want will create significantly more trouble than denying it and providing the company the opportunity to locate someone more appropriate.

Don't make a hasty decision; research your possible new career and business extensively!
So, here are 11 things we believe you should think about before accepting a job offer.

Culture of the company.
“Company vision, values, conventions, systems, symbols, language, assumptions, beliefs, and habits” are all part of culture.
It's also the most critical factor to think about before accepting a job offer because it determines how well you'll fit in with the team, organization, and workplace.
Fortunately, the internet has all of the materials you'll need to get started on your cultural search, including the firm website, social media platforms, goal statements, and prior initiatives.

If there's nothing on the internet that can help you, ask during the interview...
Asking the interviewer your own questions will not only allow you to impress them, but it will also allow you to completely research the company.
You won't be able to fully explain the culture, but you'll be able to get a sense of it based on your web study.

Does it make sense to you? Would you be comfortable with it? Is it exactly what you're looking for in a company right now?
Consider your own personality, values, and worldview.

The Public
During the recruitment process, you may learn a lot about the culture and atmosphere from the individuals you meet.
You should be examining your interviewer as they are examining you (particularly if they are your potential boss).

Do they appear to be content? Will they be helpful? Do you think you'd get along?
Based on your dialogue and body language, trust your gut impressions.

Have you ever given thought to the ethical implications of a job before applying for it?
Some firms will have ethical standards that are vastly different from our own; for example, persons opposed to animal testing are unlikely to work for a cosmetics firm that does animal testing.

Other businesses, on the other hand, are less visibly antagonistic to our ideals.
That is why it is critical to take the time to learn all there is to know about a firm, including what they do, who they collaborate with, and what their objective is.

Your Roles and Responsibilities
"Do I actually know everything there is to know about the role?" ask yourself.
If not, you should make a concerted effort to find out!

Reread the job description and get as much information as you can from it. If any information is lacking, inquire politely or try to elicit it during the interview.

Your Expectations
Before recruiting a new employee, hiring managers are almost certain to have some concept of what they anticipate from them (which is why they're recruiting in the first place). It's critical that you figure out exactly what that expectation is.

It's advisable to ask the honest question and pay attention to their body language and tone of answer when determining a potential employer's expectations.

Cal Newport solves all these issues in his book: So Good They Can't Ignore You.

You can get it here: https://www.nairaland.com/6592689/best-career-book-every-person

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by tuna85: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2021
badbreathcure101:
in your 20s and 30s it's better to be jobless and stay at home so that ppl can see you and help u. That's the mistake alot of ppl have made. Going and coming so that neighborhood will say "he is working " then by the time you are 45 without nothiNg it is then too late.

Anyone in his 20s and 30s should be selective of the job they do, that's my opinion.

I get the point but only few capable persons are ready to help. Won't they rather get involved in something legal than depending on their Parents' livelihood especially when they ain't financially ok?
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by badbreathcure101: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
tuna85:

I get the point but only few capable persons are ready to help. Won't they rather get involved in something legal than depending on their Parents' livelihood especially when they ain't financially ok?
i beg to disagree. In my opinion looking for something better that will be worthwhile is worth the wait. Most ppl who have skills today had the option of choosing to either work for 20k per month or learn a skill and endure the hunger and suffering and today they are better off meanwhile those who wanted sharp sharp money will still be jumping from job to job due to their lack of skill. Life is risk and those who are willing to take it will at the end reap the benefits.

The problem today is that alot of youths have lost their self exteem and self worth. Alot of jobs that should be done by machines are still being worked by humans, how can a human being be stacking 9" blocks for 1 naira per block and u call that "legit hustle ". That is slavery!!!

1 Like

Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by professore(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2021
Nice
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
900warriorz:
Like I do tell my employees cheesy

"The day you were saying I solemnly swear to take this role, I am Multi-tasking, ability to work under pressure without supervision and what have you, them force you?"
grin
That's clearly slavery then.
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by KillerBeauty(f): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
AfonjaMuslim:
The copy and paste article isn't about Nigeria. It's about Britain where people have a choice regarding jobs
I swear, the first sentence says it all. A survey in Britain. Op just copy paste and use Nigeria in the title.
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Gfskw: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Really
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by mamawa123: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
Meridien09:
Hi guys,
If you have an active bitcoin blockchain account dm me on telegram
@ bitloader100 for details.

Nothing needed from you upfront. We load your account and split the profits.

Let's make some money!

NOTE: I don't need new account or account with no transaction history.

Nairalanders need to beware of scammers or those who are going to wipe out their account
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by Clefayomide: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
Don't be surprised if you come across basic algorithm and data structure questions
Re: Important Things You Need To Know Before Accepting A Job Offer In Nigeria by XYZo: 3:29am On Jun 13, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
All of this makes sense
Before going for any interview. Don't eat beans, moimoi or Amara the night before

And if I do ? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For A Training In Oil And Gas Drilling, From Nddc / Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience / Fohow International Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.