|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,690,444 members, 6,338,593 topics. Date: Monday, 14 June 2021 at 02:17 PM
Fulani Eviction: Don’t Allow Anarchy In Your State – El-Rufai Warns Governors / Total Anarchy In Benin As over 11youth Confirmed Dead By Gunshot / Loomed Anarchy In Nnewi - Senator Dr Ifeanyi Ubah To The Rescue (2) (3) (4)
|A Chronology Of The Recent Anarchy In South East, Nigeria by God1stson(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11|
How did it all began?
Let us not get it twisted, it’s good we trace the history of this present anarchy that had invaded the South East. I’m not gonna bore you with vast writings or big grammar, I will try to be concise as much possible;
1. Before Operation python dance, many responsible Igbo youths didn’t give a hut about IPOB. Infact, other youth saw them as jobless
2. After Python dance, IPOB members were killed massively both reported and unreported. Even innocent Igbo youths where tagged IPOB
and killed without proper investigation.
3. Most of the brothers of the slain Innocent Igbos and IPOB members became embittered yet our governors in their “wisdom” called them
miscreants and did nothing for those who reported these injustices or even tried to calm flared nerves, they followed in the footsteps of
the FG to call them all terrorists.
4. Fast forward to after 2015 elections, Fulani herdsmen attacks on Igbo settlements and southern states increased with brazing audacity.
5. The towns which were affected will lose relatives, farmlands and maiming. When they report to the police or army, you will hear “we are
investigating the matter” and that’s the end. Intact, the police will turn around in some cases to arrest some youths for claiming the
attackers were Fulani herdsmen.
6. Igbo youths and stake holders starts begging the South East Governors to form a regional security outfit to coordinate the security of the
South East, but Umahi in particular and Obianor will claim state security apparatus was enough. One will witness where herdsmen will
attack in one state and migrate to another where they hide under Fulani umbrella or run to police or military for protection.
7. And the herdsmen menace continued from Uzouwanni to Ezza, to mbano even to some parts of Delta state.
8. Now came the promise of Nnamdi Kanu’s Security outfit, ESN, offering to protect the people. And the Igbo youths in the affected areas
embraced it with their whole heart. An adage says that “when the desirable is not available the available becomes desirable.
9. Now, most of the aggrieved brothers whose relatives were killed by python dance also embraced the ESN as a means of retaliation. Also,
people whose relatives were killed by herdsmen jumped into the sail. And suddenly, a group that were never taken seriously by the
youths became a vent to express their bitterness. Influx of youths became possible even some offering not to be paid. And pledging to
die provided they are offered the opportunity for vengeance.
10. While all these were happening, the presidency was dinning and winning with Miyetty Allah and urging them to continue their conquest,
this can be seen in the utterances and the body language of the president. As he continues like Robin hood to trace the ancient cattle root
and grazing reserves down south.
11. Violence does no good. I may not support an outright succession but a restructured Nigeria will save a lot of lives. Where states or
regions will have greater autonomy to secure or empower her people.
12. Finally, the 2 groups that should be held responsible for the happenings in the SE; First, the SE Governors. They were so afraid to offend
the man in Aso rock or their northern friends. Now they have a bigger problem in their hands, they have suddenly formed Ebubeagu after
13. The second blame goes to our insensitive, archaic, and tribalistic Aso rock dwellers, like the proverbial Jacob routing to be ahead of Esau,
forgetting that God told Esau to resist the yoke when the burden becomes too much to bear. His nepotistic disposition to Fulanization,
Islamization and Northernization is the single reason for every violence in the nook and cranny of this nation and He and his cabal cannot
pretend to be ignorant of this.
All the views expressed here are personal and does not represent the opinion of any association or groups of individual. I came to this conclusion as a critical observer of the political space and a student of research, who wants to trigger the idea of treating the cause of an ailment and not merely the symptoms.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49