Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself (14559 Views)

Six Important Ways To Please God / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Akube1z: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Here are Six ways to love your neighbor as yourself

1) By receiving Jesus Christ into your life (hope), receiving the Holy Ghost (Righteousness) and seeking above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2) By loving your enemies, forgiving and embracing peace with your neighbor.

3) By showing mercy and care to your neighbor.

4) By giving as charity to your neighbor, friends, poor & needy.

5) By shunning evil to do good and attaining righteousness.

6) By saving a sinner's soul from death, by converting him to Christ, preaching the gospel of hope and walking as Christ walked.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Akube1z: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
Bible verses.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Exodus 20:16 (KJV)

Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbor, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

Leviticus 19:13 (KJV)

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

Psalms 15:1-3 (KJV)
Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

Proverbs 3:28-29 (KJV)
Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.

Proverbs 25:17 (KJV)

These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

Zechariah 8:16-17 (KJV)

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25:34-46 (KJV)

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Luke 10:25-37 (KJV)

James 5:19-20 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Galatians 6:1-2 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Matthew 5:9, 44 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Akube1z: 8:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Akube1z: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by TimmyTen(m): 8:23am On Jun 27, 2021
They preach it everyday, no one lives it, yet they feel perfect.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by SimplyShit: 8:23am On Jun 27, 2021
Which neighbor? The only neighbor I have is Simplyleo and I will never ever love him

Laye laye

3 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by All4fun: 8:25am On Jun 27, 2021
That's good but what about in cases they don't show U love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by MadamVanessa(f): 8:25am On Jun 27, 2021
Loving your neighbor as yourself is one of rare virtues seen among christians today. Infact christians don't care , all what they know is to go to church every Sundays, to showcase their new clothes and shoes .

Last week, i went to a super market to get some provision. There was this man from winners chapel that was preaching to a young man, i picked interest in what the man was preaching, i relaxed inside my car and listened to him. When he finished preaching, the young man asked him for help, that he was very hungry he should help him with anything or he should buy a bread for him in the super market. Imagine what the so called preacher answered the boy, that he can't give anything to unrighteous person, untill he comes to his church and give his life to Christ, then he can asked him anything. Tell me the different between this church and occult fraternity. So until i come to your church before you deem it fit to help me....lol

I don't know if this the type of teaching winners chapel teaches. But i wouldn't want to believe it. If it's not, then there people who are hell bent in spoiling the church name.

I just came out of my car and told the young man that there's no need of him listening to this type of a preacher. Very uselessss evangelist from winners chapel.

7 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by PCG001: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2021
7. вy aѕѕιѕтιng yoυr neιgнвor'ѕ нυѕвand тo perғorм нιѕ dυтιeѕ wнen нe'ѕ noт aroυnd
or
noт perғorмιng нιѕ dυтιeѕ well

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by TheVoice21(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by illicit(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2021
grin
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by mrkings84(m): 8:28am On Jun 27, 2021
You can't love some neighbors, infact some neighbors are very different to live with in same compound.

There's this lady I met in the compound where I newly packed in, on my right y she is my nearest neighbor.
This lady is so mean. For instance, she doesn't answer greetings, even when she manage to answer, u won't even hear her. The worst is she will never greet first.

How does someone come back from an outing, meet fellow tenants (not one person that I may say she has something against that person), she will just walk pass....

Me I have decided to take her as one who doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by vickydevoka(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2021
Loving your neighbor like yourself is one of the hardest things in the bible. Na so I get one neighbor for my compound Dem no de great me. Buh everyday I de great them. Untop na women de bi. I Felt embarrassed bcus as an Igbo man de god's will be angry to continually great a gender that bend down b4 she urinate. Na so I withdrew. All man de for dere own now. Our generation is finish, since social media, bleaching cream and make up came to 9ja our gals just de misbehave. Opon na fake body Dem de flunt still person no de hear word

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by OLRAYS(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2021
SimplyShit:
Which neighbor? The only neighbor I have is Simplyleo and I will never ever love him

Laye laye
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by DropsMic(m): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2021
The one golden law
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by hopefulLandlord: 8:37am On Jun 27, 2021
It's easy to say things in religion than doing them.

Let me state one true fact here that you can disagree with as much as you can but it's true. YOU CANNOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. you can love them as much as you can but never as much as yourself. you can deceive yourself into thinking you love them as much as yourself but you know deep down you don't

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by hofeshhomes: 8:37am On Jun 27, 2021
cool
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by dchamp234(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2021
We already know all these.. but thanks .
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Skyfornia(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2021
It is not possible to love someone else like yourself...except the person is your child.

It is a mirage!

4 Likes

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by oluwaseyi0: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2021
All of you keep underestimating my neighbor, all my neighbor in this neighborhood are very rich, they should be the one to be kind to me
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by mosaicafrique: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market Ojo lagos.
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Splinz(m): 8:54am On Jun 27, 2021
SimplyShit:

Laye laye

Ah! Why na? smiley
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Bahamas95(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2021
SimplyShit:

Laye laye

1 Like

Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by tobechi20(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2021
Good
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by AntiChristian: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2021
So Jesus is sitted at the right hand of the father?

His mother will be at the left side right?
And they should all eat together at the dinning table with the 24 elders!

What does God need all these crowd for?
To help him? Is he not all-powerful?

Just as the father loved the son to sacrifice him for His other sons, you also love your neighbor!

What kinda father sends His son to be killed? How will you feel if your father does that to you?

That's not love!
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Triangles1(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Because bible say we should show love to our neighbors doesn't mean we should kiss our neighbor.
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Ayo2004: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2021
You can never love your neighbor half as much as u love yourself

Infact,Nigerians hate their neighbors but on Sunday,they will be forming Jesus
Today is Sunday,all the oloshos and yahoo boys on my WhatsApp status are posting gospel videos,Bible quotes and church pictures.Religous doctrines are not practiced but everytime,we talk like we are Christians

Infact,there is no true Christianity in Nigeria,it is an avenue for greed,person enrichment,a way to disguise wickedness e.t.c
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2021
Loving your neighbor is the hardest commandment ever
Re: Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself by NaijaSumi: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021
GOD IS LOVE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPM's Apostle Chibuzo Gives Woman, Free Housing, Cash, Scholarship For Kids / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / Dolly Parton & Dionne Warwick Team Up For New Gospel Song 'Peace Like A River'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.