Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend (34382 Views)

He’s Very Stingy And I am tired / 7 Guilt-free Excuses To Cut A Bad Date Short / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by slimman007: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Baba shut up. Who says anything about providing all my needs? Is he god? Una no just get sense and you allowing yeye sentiment cloud common sense and reasoning

Nothing like sentiment here it is an obvious fact there are limit to what the guy you are dating can do for you and if you are a lady in a relationship and you are not helping out it means when you are marry you will be a liability and massive burden to the man.So ladies with such mindset should be avoided at all cost by men

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Ferdinandu(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
Please help my friend suggest very good flimsy escuses to dump her hardcore stingy but very good boyfriend.

He's very good on all other aspects but his stinginess is beyond human comprehension and my friend don't want to appear as been materialistic.

The last straw that broke the camel's back was when she demanded if he could get her pads and some few stuff on his way to her place and when he eventually bought and brought the items to her, he calculated everything he bought and was waiting to be paid which she eventually did and imagine he got the nerves to collect the money from my friend (Just some few thousands), he's very rich so brokenness is out of it.

We've exhausted all the escuses we thought would work out to dump him but he somehow have ways around them (very annoying) and my friend wants to be diplomatic. Please your suggestions are highly welcomed. Thanks
You and your friend are pack of typical entitled Nigerian lady. Please help me get these things I don't have money is different from help me I will refund you.
The earlier that young man flee from both of you, the better for his life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Ekwuemechidubem: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Maybe you don't know his story
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2021
ClearAll:
he would share or even cater for everything at home, maybe, just maybe he might not be giving her money freely but she’d be happy unless she wants to emulate her friends with all the big Cars, shoes and dresses, just maybe she ought to be doing all those extra expenses with her own money

And

[b]Who says he wouldn’t be a better person when married, [/b]baba no wan spend make another person come rip where he no sow, una gender are unpredictable, no vex.

These are red flags in relationships. This is why a lot of marriages don’t last, they saw signs during their relationships but they felt once they got married things would be different.

ASSUMPTION is bad especially in relationships. That was why I told the OP to tell her friend to talk to the guy first

1 Like

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by slimman007: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2021
McOluOmo:
u'r the best, are you free this weekend? Just wanna buy u beer!

I am at home observing June 12 protest.Thank you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Slurity(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2021
amazingspiderma:

As a married man person, there comes a time in a courtship where you have to test the waters. It helps inform future decision making.
Atleast the guy was not abusive. There are ladies who not just take care of themselves, but show financial Independence.
You can't buy a pads for yourself. How can you take care of children if there no money coming from the man tommorow.
Some people don't know the up's and down's that comes with life.

Fantasy is a huge problem.
That is not a test at all, test comes once in a while and not every time. If the story of the op is correct, that guy is nothing but a stingy guy that will never change even as a husband.
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Layyord(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
I'm sorry but what's yours to help in a relationship matter?( people wont stop mixing relationship with friendship)
Do you plan to make your friend marry your brother?!
You think there's a perfect guy out there or your friend has planned not to have more than enough!!
Good guys are rare and i pray you don't regret it later sha
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
You still don't get it,there are certain things any lady should not overlook in a relationship, a man who doesn't priotize your needs clearly shows you are not part of his life and if you eventually marry such man he won't care about your needs and that of the kids and besides my friend is not materialistic but a reasonable man should know what to do.There was a day they went out together and he stopped to buy some banana and my friend wanted some as well,he bought his own and paid and stretch forth his stingy hands to collect money from my friend to pay for her own,who does that?stop taking sides and hit the nail on the head

What are you seeking opinions on exactly?
You don't need an explanation to break up. There's absolutely no need even telling him about his ways because he knows exactly what he's doing.

Very objectively, no girl should be with a man like that, the attitude is uncaring and shows a lack of a sense of responsibility. He doesn't feel the least bit awkward about his attitude. It's because of the level of responsibility he's operating from.

And I won't be surprised to learn that he's completely different with other girls. cheesy They may even consider him a cheerful giver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by slimman007: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
Simran94:

These are red flags in relationships. This is why a lot of marriages don’t last, they saw signs during their relationships but they felt once they got married things would be different.

ASSUMPTION is bad especially in relationships. That was why I told the OP to tell her friend to talk to the guy first

That lady can't say the man hasn't been providing for her in his little way is just that she sees that relationship as "POVERTY Alleviation PROGRAM" where all are needs must be fulfilled which is the typical emblem of an average Nigerian ladies.Once an average Nigerian lady agrees to date you automatically her financial needs must be met

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by mrkings84(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2021
Ordinary pad u are waiting for a guy B4 u can use it..... No be juju be that??

Stingy girls everywhere!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Ishilove: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
You still don't get it,there are certain things any lady should not overlook in a relationship, a man who doesn't priotize your needs clearly shows you are not part of his life and if you eventually marry such man he won't care about your needs and that of the kids and besides my friend is not materialistic but a reasonable man should know what to do.There was a day they went out together and he stopped to buy some banana and my friend wanted some as well,he bought his own and paid and stretch forth his stingy hands to collect money from my friend to pay for her own,who does that?stop taking sides and hit the nail on the head
Even people that are not intimately involved with me buy me things, not to talk of someone I am dating. How can he be so stupendously stingy?
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
He knows my friend is very reserved, he will quickly grab that we planned it.Can you imagine he's hinting on proposal, I mean who marries a hardcore stingy man
Lol.. I knew i was right. Anyways back to the topic; tell ur friend there's no need being diplomatic about anything. Appearing materialistic to who exactly. Is she living for people's validations or she wants to be happy? I done miss u oo cheesy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Ten06(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2021
If he is very stingy and you can't leave him, which means he is using his rod to dig deep and uproot your sense from under

The only solution is for you to start paying him anytime he dig deep

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by steffi01(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Break it off, then you failed his test. You think you are only one who observe he's stingy towards you. He will be so disappointed though, thinking you might be different from other girls who are just there for the money alone. Determine your fate by dumping him, yeah go ahead. He would miss you though but he would have already realised you are not worth the energy.

If u get sense, this is time to pull him closer and invest all in him.. That's showing him you love him not his money and watch what happens later.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Geenosko: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
Please help my friend suggest very good flimsy escuses to dump her hardcore stingy but very good boyfriend.

He's very good on all other aspects but his stinginess is beyond human comprehension and my friend don't want to appear as been materialistic.

The last straw that broke the camel's back was when she demanded if he could get her pads and some few stuff on his way to her place and when he eventually bought and brought the items to her, he calculated everything he bought and was waiting to be paid which she eventually did and imagine he got the nerves to collect the money from my friend (Just some few thousands), he's very rich so brokenness is out of it.

We've exhausted all the escuses we thought would work out to dump him but he somehow have ways around them (very annoying) and my friend wants to be diplomatic. Please your suggestions are highly welcomed. Thanks

This story isn't complete. What was the deal? Could it be that your friend (which we assume is you) is a spendthrift and the guy isn't one who is a fan of unnecessary expenses?

You said he's doing well financially so money is not the problem, why do I sense entitlement here?

The money is just some" few thousands" abi why is she so pained if money isn't an issue for her?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by FarahAideed: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:

I am sure dude just has 2 thousand dollars and you say he is very rich cheesy..please only use the term very rich for somebody who is worth abouve 25 million dollars
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by skywalker240(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2021
Teddyaiyez:
He is good In what aspect ? How is he good when he is not caring and generous to his girlfriend. Abi na bed u dy say he for good. Dump his selfish ass at once
Sir as a bonafide nairaland member, your supposed don tell you say na op be that her imaginary friend and that good na op de take am, my brother any girl wey call you stingy but good, as far as na Nigerian girl, omo Na be that guy get Master class for Dokemanticus na grin

Ever wondered why most of them keep going back to that that their broke boyfriend's? Most of them can't even leave the relationship def.
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by breathelove(f): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2021
Girls out there, have you ever asked yourselves why men are usually wealthier than us women. We attend the same school, we have the same laptop they use for yahoo and we even collect money from them. We keep listening to the same advice from foolish friends and celebrities. If collecting money for sex or a relationship was the way, half of all Nigerian girls would have been richer than E money.
many girls have been collecting this money since they were teenagers yet their lives remain the same.
My advice, find real value guys, seek mentorship and connection, not money. Learn to give value. Don't bargain with sex. Never make sex a form of exchange or currency. If you do, like it or not, you are a prostitute.
Follow the guy who is stingy with his money but generous with his knowledge. You have been collecting money all your life yet you remain a dependent.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by breathelove(f): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2021
omoyeni37:

I checked your profile, and i saw that you are from ghana, i wasn't surprised because most nigerian girls don't reason like you do. God bless you maam.
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
He knows my friend is very reserved, he will quickly grab that we planned it.Can you imagine he's hinting on proposal, I mean who marries a hardcore stingy man
Mayb he's jus testin her patient. She sud try talk to him about it. U never can tell she sud hang in der
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Kondomatic(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2021
AutoChick4U:
You lack sense. What's bad in asking ur bf to buy you toiletries on his way to your house? Her pad probably wasn't enough or she was caught unawares. She gave him d money back but you men no even read to comprehend but rush to comment like illiterates.

Don't they teach comprehensive English in school again? Fools can't reason outside d box
Every living human is an illiterate, one way or the other.
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by oyejideogunjumo: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:

How do you think he will fix those things which are personal?
Is that what you call stinginess?
The boy is not sure whether you will eventually marry him so he has to take his time.
Do you want him take full responsibility and then regret it later.
Don't scare him.
Leave him to show who really is and in any area you think you need correction politely tell him.
Not fixing your personal things like hair, undies , pads is not stinginess but purely not his priorities at least for now.
You should even be ashamed to discuss that with him

1 Like

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by seyoops4u: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2021
lol..
Your friend = You grin grin

But you don't want us to know ... There was a caught
Rozcol:
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
He came with his ride

Je should have calculated what he spent on fuel, wear and tear of the car

1 Like

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Prettylima(f): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2021
Kondomatic:
Or may be worse but then my way is not the standard for all.

Giving is a gift, there are so many Nairalanders that are dirty rich but they don't give but I have seen someone receive money during a give away here and gave someone who wasn't so lucky something from the little he got. If it's not in you, forget it.

Now back to the OP, if my imaginary girlfriend calls me on phone and asks me to help her buy some stuffs, I will ask her for the money even before buying the stuffs. The things that could make me buy the them first before/without collecting money are if we agreed on "pay on delivery" or maybe the level of the relationship or the way she's been spending on me.

I give when I want to give not when I am indirectly compelled to give.

Do you know that there's a difference between "Babe, I need these things but I am tall on cash please can you get them for me" and "Babe please help me get these stuffs"

The first needs my favor, the later is sending me on errand.

You send me, you pay.

Besides the OP is one hell of a crafty lady.
She said that she(her friend) asked him to buy her stuffs and pad.

Why did she name pad and left the others? Simple, to get you all on her side.

So if your lady asks you to buy her stuff(iPhone 12, Lexus RX 350, MacBook and Gucci wears) and pad you will not collect the money because you wan prove say you be man?
Point bro

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by jubrilELsudan: 11:38am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:
Not as easy because some family and friends are aware of the relationship

YOU AND YOUR FRIEND AND SOME FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND YOUR STINGY COCONUT HEAD BOYFRIEND ARE ALL VERY STUPID.

Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by 21stDecember: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2021
Kondomatic:
You're not financially responsible if young women do not think you're stingy.

Oil dey your head brotherly

Kondomatic 1985
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by nduchucks: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2021
Tell your friend to simply stop sleeping with him and stop responding to all lovie Dovie moves.

They guy will disappear naturally.
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by 21stDecember: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2021
Kondomatic:
Or may be worse but then my way is not the standard for all.

Giving is a gift, there are so many Nairalanders that are dirty rich but they don't give but I have seen someone receive money during a give away here and gave someone who wasn't so lucky something from the little he got. If it's not in you, forget it.

Now back to the OP, if my imaginary girlfriend calls me on phone and asks me to help her buy some stuffs, I will ask her for the money even before buying the stuffs. The things that could make me buy the them first before/without collecting money are if we agreed on "pay on delivery" or maybe the level of the relationship or the way she's been spending on me.

I give when I want to give not when I am indirectly compelled to give.

Do you know that there's a difference between "Babe, I need these things but I am tall on cash please can you get them for me" and "Babe please help me get these stuffs"

The first needs my favor, the later is sending me on errand.

You send me, you pay.

Besides the OP is one hell of a crafty lady.
She said that she(her friend) asked him to buy her stuffs and pad.

Why did she name pad and left the others? Simple, to get you all on her side.

So if your lady asks you to buy her stuff(iPhone 12, Lexus RX 350, MacBook and Gucci wears) and pad you will not collect the money because you wan prove say you be man?
Correct one!!
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Craigbrown4076: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2021
Remijuice:
No need to end anything officially since you're not married.

Start another relationship with another guy. Give other guys a chance in your life. Your reason should be that he is not caring and romantic.

Since he's not taking care of your financial needs find another Maga..

Are you serious? She should start another relationship while being in the ongoing one?

How would you feel if your girlfriend is a two timer?

I wonder how some guys use their head.
Re: Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2021
Rozcol:

Has he married your friend? Nigerian girls see relationship as a business venture to make money and get everything FOC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Should I Still Accept Him After Dumping Me For Another Lady? / What I Saw At The Mall Yesterday / Lady Wants Her Ring Back After Refusing It When Her Bf Proposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.