Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions (33246 Views)

Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys / Acceptance Fee: The Protruding Menace In Our Institutions / Universities Sex Abuse: Aisha Buhari Wants Muslims, Christians To Fight Menace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Kimjongun: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2021
That's the number one effect of illicit money, anywhere it enters it destroys that's why serious countries frown at money laundering.

Illicit money is very very bad for the society.

Look at the standard of music released in our music industry before Yahoo boys start going into music.

Look at the social moral degeneration in our society. Look at the way Yahoo culture overflow our societal values.

Look at our women, the mothers of our next generation, if this menace is not curbed ASAP Nigeria is doomed! We are going to breed generations of lazy dependants and thieves(this is already happening there places you can't live in peace without youths (that can work) coming to ask you for handouts).

Look at the way our work culture has been bastardised, young people no longer want to work or reason too hard.

If you complain people will say you are jealous, not knowing those things have very serious integral effect on their lives

10 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Chyma231(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2021
You wey be lecturer , are you not a thief ? Don't you sell text book and handout in a high price Don't you Bleep female students for grades ? Why you are hating now is because they have taken all the fine girls that you have your eyes on and give them money to sort you whenever. Because your stupid ass need money more than pussy , you will take money and give grade. Bleep you for posting this , Bleep Nigerian government for failing the youth !!! Oga no post this kind rubbish again. If yahoo sweet u , go and join !

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by bluefilm: 9:54am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include

- examination malpractices
- absenteeism from classes, practicals and even examinations
- indecent dressing and make ups by male students
- fighting dangerously among yahoo boys gangs
- assault on other students
- assault on lecturers and other workers
- asking female lecturers out (sometimes including married women)
- over speeding on campuses (roads in most campuses are very narrow)
- upsurge in the intake of alcohols, hard substances including weeds
- lack of respect for anyone including institution's management members.

There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing.

These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places.

My question is where is this country heading?
Is there any solution to this menace?
For I know for sure is that there is always a repercussion for these.
Do we really have a future in these?

Eyaaaaa.... lecturer is now measuring Dick with some of his students.

And discovering that his own dick is growing shorter and shorter with each passing day.

I know that feeling.

But to tell you the truth Mr Lecturer, Yahoo Boys are the least of your concern right now.

Your major concern should be how to impart sustainable knowledge that will arrest the dwindling standard of education in your country right now.

In case you are not aware of it Mr. Lecturer, Yahoo Boyism is a direct fall out of that fallen standard of education.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include

There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing.

These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places.

What do u expect when school fees are skyrocketing every year, expenses on the parents are too heavy because they have been on almost same useless salary for a decade but the cost of everything keeps going 100% higher every 24 hrs... You people (lecturers) fail students for blocking money and vandalize the pussy of young girls u are supposed to guide through school. You even fvck married female students too. Fail students on tests because they have not bought hand outs. Ogbeni if truly u are lecturer u lack common sense. If u want to really tackle and eradicate this matter first deal with the cause. If not it will come up worse. Its like taking pain relievers for a brain tumour. This is our problem in this country. Tackle the problems from the root cause and see how it will grow again.. You don't expect all those pressures on the kids with no way out na. And u expect them to either dropout from school? Carry guns on the high way? Prostitution?

What u are complaining about is the end result of a failed system not just the govt but the entire system. You don't contest wrong govt policy or school policies and decisions. You dey siddon look but when result come back to u now u want to put all the blames on the kids and pretend to be perfect. This is what u all do. Put a spoke in the wheels and blame the younger generation when it goes south.. After creating monsters u want singing cherubs... Deal with it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by sweetrace(f): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Stop being jealous naw.

When did students becoming rich from vices become a problem of a lecturer who is supposed to focus on how to sell handouts? grin

Stop being so ignorant. It is a problem for the lecturer when the students flout the rules and regulations of the classroom and the schools. It is a problem for not just the school but the entire nation. You obviously don’t know the job of a lecturer or you won’t have made that ignorant statement.

4 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by dewpoint: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2021
So fucking true.. We all gat right to make our choice to live as well as the consequences. My choice cant be anyone else's.
Gkay1:
Because you are struggling doesn't mean everybody will struggle to be opulent.
Stop giving excuse or jealous over someone's life.
LIFE IS PER HEAD.
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by greatcrown: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Very sad. The future is terribly in jeopardy. I never knew we have so much Yahoo boys and or sympathizers on Nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Fiscus105(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
are you joking.no be some lecturers/VC dey sponsor and enable cultism for some universities? Go back and read your history.

Look at what point happening in university of Ibadan for example a professor who happens to be a VC embezzled money and because his tenure was up and he didn't want his secret to be revealed that he stole money planted his own people.meanwhile there were other candidates.na there fight burst

Another professor be NDDC chairman.carry Covid money chop.when it was time to account for the money he dey form fainting.abeg lecturers misbehaviour and academic arrogance has made them loose their respect.if they didn't abuse their positions,they would have still been respected

Learn how to read and understand rather than jump to attacking, sleeping with students and selling of hand outs as you claimed in comment, have they started today? In the past when all these were happening, were students not respecting lecturers?
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by okekekelechib(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2021
Y
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by fromdeEast: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2021
DON'T BLAME THE YOUTHS OF THESE DAYS IN NIGERIA. THIS IS THE FOUNDATION NIGERIA BUILT FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S FUTURE. DEGREE 419 VERSES POLITICAL ROBBERS, LECTURERS SEX FOR MARKS DEMANDING, JUDICIAL SYSTEM SCAMMERS, ECONOMIC FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION "EFCC" FRAUD STARS, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, INTELLIGENT "THIEVES, EMBEZZLERS" ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME.
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by ArcFresky(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since ?

As bad as this is, please start from our leaders, your school leadership first.
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Monchengladbach(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2021
My advise is stay on your lane

And thank your stars that you even have

a job as a lecturer.

The system demands shrewdness

If your lucky you have a Federal job/State

Job/Bank job thank your stars.

And if you have IQ that helps you make

money big ups so far its legit.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by mrwonlasewonie: 10:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Angelfrost:

What exactly is your point??!... That the evil being committed by lecturers makes criminality from students acceptable or permissible?!!

Let us know when and where to draw the line of reasoning, please... You don't use an evil act to defend or excuse another evil act. That's poor intelligence and low morality.
I am not defending or justifying EVIL.i am saying the lecturers who should be gatekeepers of morality and maintaining decency amongst our youths are the very ones indulging in despicable acts of rape, SEXUAL harassment, cultism,extortion etc.how are these vices different from Yahoo boys.they are all birds of a feather.a thief cannot catch/judge a prostitute or armed robber.theyre all birds of a feather.

It's our value system and crop of leaders we need to change then everything will fall back to line.lecturers Will begin to behave like lecturers and students will begin to behave like students

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Etuagievin(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Can you imagine how commenters support evil practices in our society ! Its such a pity. We have really gone far . All of us, including the those supporting fraudsters will still suffer the ugly effects.

7 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by opebiboy: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2021
Lol. Funny you. Yahoo boys are building hotels everywhere and investing massively you are here talking about karma. Karma don't exist. Death is the end of all men. All men will die so face your lane and stop the jealousy
Osanoghodua1:
I read comments here and I am weak. This means that this generation is doom. You really don't need to engage in fraud to be rich. I made over #30m from Crypto this year alone by investing in new projects, my portfolio was built from 0 Kobo via perticipation in Airdrop/bounty. Money gotten was used in buying low cap coins, had over 1600 cake, 4500 bake, 38k JulD, 1.8M UBIX, Uni, Chainlink, 1nch, and 15bnb, 15Eth and many more.

You see, God will judge every evil, yahoo people always have a bitter end it may take some time but judgement will be melted on them.

Eccl.8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not speedily executed, therefore the heart of men is set to act wickedly.
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by opebiboy: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2021
The heart of man is indeed wicked. See how your body dey pain you on top people who don't know you exist. Don't face your life, your children will beat and disgrace you outside for being a poverty stricken dirty father in the future.
RichBoy247:

They will all end up miserably

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by opebiboy: 10:05am On Jun 12, 2021
Nothing like karma. people die everyday. You might even be the one to die first hating on another persons success
Olam09:
Karma is real and it's gonna catch up with them one day
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by opebiboy: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2021
Nothing like yahoo plus. They hustled and cashed out. stop hating. face your miserable life
Kuginzi:
This thread have been taken over by Yahoo boys. Yahoo yahoo Defending Yahoo plus
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by cbrezy(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2021
sonofanarchy:
Pure jealousy and sadistic, I bet those nice lecturers are the ones enjoying the students, free ride, flexing while you wicked souls will continue to wail.

You're absolutely right
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Tony142: 10:09am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:

Boss, you wrote a nice thread but guess what? An average nigeria guy is criminal minded, so despite the fact that your article is good they will not still support it, they will insult you instead, 90% of the guys that will comment in this thread are yahoo boys, so expect insult wink

5 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by ladgentle(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2021
I'm not surprised on the direction of the majority of response grin

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by mrwonlasewonie: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2021
Fiscus105:

Learn how to read and understand rather than jump to attacking, sleeping with students and selling of hand outs as you claimed in comment, have they started today? In the past when all these were happening, were students not respecting lecturers?
if you don't understand something you ask instead of jumping into conclusions or casting aspersions yes lecturers deserve respect and were respected but the decadence in culture promoted by the media and celebrities promoting, justifying and glorifying fraud made it worse.a song by nice saying "Kinshatilowo, Awon temi shashe or Olu maintain song like yahoozey" are songs that glamourize fraud and downplay it's negative impact. the lecturers that should say black is black and white is white have been stained by corruption so they don't have the moral justification to reprimand, correct or scold students for engaging in violent, disrespectful or fraudulent acts again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
I am not defending or justifying EVIL.i am saying the lecturers who should be gatekeepers of morality and maintaining decency amongst our youths are the very ones indulging in despicable acts of rape, SEXUAL harassment, cultism,extortion etc.how are these vices different from Yahoo boys.they are all birds of a feather.a thief cannot catch/judge a prostitute or armed robber.theyre all birds of a feather.

It's our value system and crop of leaders we need to change then everything will fall back to line.lecturers Will begin to behave like lecturers and students will begin to behave like students

Beautifully and aptly written... I completely concur! Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Jealousy no go kill you!
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Miarose: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2021
Well, the market has crashed. Backed to reality.
Osanoghodua1:
I read comments here and I am weak. This means that this generation is doom. You really don't need to engage in fraud to be rich. I made over #30m from Crypto this year alone by investing in new projects, my portfolio was built from 0 Kobo via perticipation in Airdrop/bounty. Money gotten was used in buying low cap coins, had over 1600 cake, 4500 bake, 38k JulD, 1.8M UBIX, Uni, Chainlink, 1nch, and 15bnb, 15Eth and many more.

You see, God will judge every evil, yahoo people always have a bitter end it may take some time but judgement will be melted on them.

Eccl.8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not speedily executed, therefore the heart of men is set to act wickedly.
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Chuka200: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:

Mumu so you think people have a joint future together hahahahahahaha mugu 1 you are on your own “do we really have a future in this Shithole”I presume asshole
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by livinbygrace: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2021
You know dey this country or are you blind?The Education system now encourage Yahoo,in a situation where you spend 8yrs for a useless four year course and you expect boys not to hursle?
Going to school in Nigeria now is like wasting of time and some boys are seeking for admission just to get correct contact for Yahoo and not to study anything ,at the end they sort their way out.
Moreover the hardship in Nigeria now is really reshaping destinies and of care is not taken kid napping,armed robbery and other social vices will be on the increase soon.So maintain your lane
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by livinbygrace: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Stop being jealous naw.

When did students becoming rich from vices become a problem of a lecturer who is supposed to focus on how to sell handouts? grin

No mind am,make him no face work .Maybe dem don snatch him wife
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Trueyarn(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2021
I was broke when I did my first degree, you wicked lecturers showed me pepper. I am coming back for my Masters, not like I really need it from the look of things but I just wanna come oppress you guys. You have not started wailing yet, you guys gonna see crazy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Memberclub(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2021
96% of all student on campus are poor. i don't undertand what your are trying to say here
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Olam09(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2021
opebiboy:
Nothing like karma. people die everyday. You might even be the one to die first hating on another persons success
Idiot you're calling pure wickedness success.. i pray your mum and dad get scammed with thier live savings and I'll see maybe you'll term that as success idiot.. karma is gonna catch up with all of them including you one day.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Prof. Okwechime Emmanuel Of UNIBEN Defends Lecturers / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Kano Student Sets Himself On Fire Over Inability To Pay NECO Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.