Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25155 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 3:14am On Jul 14, 2007
Really its my opinion.

I always have this funny feeling when watching rock videos or listening to them.

Does anyone feel like that?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by busygirl(f): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2007
It's demonic. . . .I don't even listen to rock music. . . .
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by boysteve1(m): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2007
satanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by gbadex1(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2007
Ignorance, they say is a disease. . .
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by busygirl(f): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2007
WATEVA. . .If you see most of the rock videos you'll definately understand!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by gbadex1(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2007
Knowledge is definitely the cure. . .

Pray tell, what then happens to Gospel Rock music?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by gbadex1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2007
Knowledge is definitely the cure. . .

Pray tell, what then happens to Gospel Rock music?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2007
@gbade
Am sure every1 except u knows am not talking about gospel rock.

its jst wat i feel,watched a tv programme cald rock tv yst9th and i had nightmares. Am not sayn all rock songs,but almost all are demonic especially hard rock
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by PoDeep(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2007
Yeah, rock music tends to move to the satanic side. Some rap do too.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Cactus(m): 2:48am On Jul 15, 2007
generalisations about rock music is false

listen to the likes like

coldplay
lifehouse
maroon 5
aerosmith
30 seconds

hopefully then you will be able to appreciate rock music

basically you can also say that rap music is demonic lol go figure
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by chiogo(f): 3:07am On Jul 15, 2007
err. . .who knows?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by narcissus(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2007
Basic fact, music is a powerful tool for conveying ideas emotion and spiritual essence and this cuts across all genres. So, Rcok has the capacity, as does hip hop, R&B etc, for "demonic influence" However, this does not imply that all rock is demonic. So it's left to you to decide what form of rock you listen to. I listen to rock a lot and I daresay it's probably one of the most meaningful genres we have at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Palbony: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2007
They have a connection with satan. Hate rock.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by initiator(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2007
On spot.

Music is a neutral medium that can be converted to any end. You can as well label rap music demonic cos it potrays nudees, vanity (bling bling), violence, drugs and crime.

Rock is intimate wen soft, expressive wen hard, but always always sincere in its assesment of reality.

But always remember, coldplay's the best band eva! Even timberland agrees.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by iice(f): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
'Tis why i like it! grin To each his/her own abegi!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ladebi(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2007
Gush rock music satanic then we are all satans Do yall know rock is a way of life as hip hop is.what makes it satanic please. i need your answer author of the book am not jealous of the cover.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ladebi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
or because you feel funny when watching a rock video about gospel rock they are all rock if rock is satanic gospel rock is included.

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2007
Oh, please!

Rock music is no more or less "satanic" than any other manifestation of music.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2007
Its my view sha.Una know say people are not d same
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2007
@tosinadeda & others:
I trust that I did not offend you with my statement. If so, please be aware that such was certainly not my intention.

Rather, please allow me to ask why you feel as you do in this regard.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by RuuDie(m): 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2007
Same was said abt btnh, scarface, luther, whitney & even P&G. . .
Well, if its true. . There might as well not be heaven c'os not very many folks will end up there! ;d

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by LILDICEs: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2007
a rap song is always talking about how fresh how real how much money u got how gansta u are and shit,how to get girls.

a rock song is always talking about how gay how weird,and rock people are gay people undercover,dress in tight jeans piercing every part of they body looking nasty sneefing coke amin the hip hop tradition is something that black people got from the hood while they were struggling hard life,but a rock song is always talking about stupid shit and having a hole bunch of tattoos.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Banderas(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2007
R&B singers have tattoos as well. You do realise that traditionally, many african tribes also have tattoos. There is nothing demonic about rock music. However, if your subconscious has informed you that a certain kind of dressing is demonic, you're bound to go along. I mean, who here has ever seen a demon? How do you know what devils look like??

I think R&B is far more abusive and is quite detrimental to moral values.

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ladebi(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2007
Banderas:

R&B singers have tattoos as well. You do realise that traditionally, many african tribes also have tattoos. There is nothing demonic about rock music. However, if your subconscious has informed you that a certain kind of dressing is demonic, you're bound to go along. I mean, who here has ever seen a demon? How do you know what devils look like??

I think R&B is far more abusive and is quite detrimental to moral values.
Hey please are you talking about rhythm and blues or rugged and bruttal.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2007
there's nothing demonic about rock IMO, its just that certain sub-genres of rock are extremely negative, negative themes, negative methods of delivery, negative credo,

which is why the finest icons of the genre live less-than-exemplary lives and they are always OD-ing/ committing suicide

1 Like

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 12:02am On Jul 23, 2007
Hmmm
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by narcissus(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2007
LILDICE$:

a rap song is always talking about how fresh how real how much money u got how gansta u are and shit,how to get girls.

a rock song is always talking about how gay how weird,and rock people are gay people undercover,dress in tight jeans piercing every part of they body looking nasty sneefing coke amin the hip hop tradition is something that black people got from the hood while they were struggling hard life,but a rock song is always talking about stupid shit and having a hole bunch of tattoos.
It'amusing to say the least, your argument. Have you ever really listened to rock? I might be suffering from selective amnesia but most rock songs i listen to speak in very lucid terms about the depth and complexity of the human ex;perience. It's also true that some rock stars are all you described in your post but those you allude to are not representative of the entire genre. It's like drawing blanket conclusions on hip hop as violent, shallow, materialistic, denigrating to women, lewd (which some would ascribe to the work of demons of the last days) etc because of the work of some of their artists while ignoring the lifting work of people like talib kweli, dead prez, common, kanye west etc. So, I think it would be fair and only logical to understand the diffrerence between the main form and the extreme of any social or artistic expression.

2 Likes

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2007
Nice post
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by iice(f): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
Well said!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2007
Indeed!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by aquastar(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
most rock video are made with the intention of shocking you, it does not mean all rock music is demonic, are Stephen king books and scary movies demonic as well? try and be logical in your thoughts, we Nigerians need that.

sure some of them are blasphemous and all that but thats secular entertainment for you , you need too sieve the stuff u listen to but over generalization is usually bad.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
WHAT!? Not all rock music is satanic, although one would understand why you would come to such a judgement. Same goes for Hip Hop, Rap etc

Personally i think people should judge music mainly by their lyrics smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IK Osakioduwa Leaves Rhythm FM After 18 Years / Where Are Our Women, Our Divas? / 'My Darlin' Video By Tiwa Savage Ft "Grandma Savage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.