Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? (38559 Views)

Please Guys What Advice Do You Have To Give On This Issue / What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / What Advice Can You Give to Somebody About To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Connected1: 3:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Is it okay to get married at 24 (male), spouse 25 with an income of 140k ( 100k + 40k ) conjuctively a month?
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Map1(m): 3:28am On Jun 15, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Pray

My dear, do not marry just anyone all because you are due for marriage, otherwise you’d see anyhow.
Before accepting to marry anyone, please and please involve the Author of marriage and our creator who knows the person you want to be with 100% and while doing this, work on yourself as well and pray to be a better spouse for your partner.

1. Do not fornicate with your partner before going into that marriage o! The accuser is always looking for opened doors to accuse you before God. Thank God we are serving a Merciful God but He is also a Consuming Fire.

2. God is not an author of confusion, so He won’t give you someone you are not compatible with! Watch out for compatibility as this would be necessary for peace to reign in your home.

For instance, I wouldn’t advise an introvert to marry an extrovert if you can’t handle his or her moving around, just stay off!

3. Ladies be submissive and respectful o! Dump all those feminists talks at your father’s house as no man will tolerate your rudeness, being disrespectful and nagging like wetin I no know!
Treat your husband like a King, trust me that is his MuMu Button o! Treat him like a king and he’d be willing to do just about anything for you.

4. Pray! This should be like your top most priority in that marriage. Don’t be on social media all day, go down on your knees for few hours and pray as a couple. Pray together please, as this is the unity the devil is fearful of. When two or more people....you know the rest. Pray together o!

5. Kill pride and be extremely humble. Stories like, he offended me so he has to apologize first should be left in your church bin after the ceremony biko! Don’t keep malice oooo...I repeat, do not and never keep malice! Forget pride, just walk to hubby or wife and start bombarding him or her with kisses and hugs, whether you are at fault or not. Be childish, tell Your spouse to carry you like a baby, pull a childish stunt to get your spouse attention and let peace reign. It is for your own good o! Don’t be forming I can keep malice for 200 years, na bitterness and sadness go finish you.
Also learn to forgive like a child. Don’t say things like, I need time to forgive you...which time biko? Unless of course he is a cheat and a wife beater, then you might forgive but I understand emotionally things can’t go back to normal. But once you pray for the right spouse, God will fight for you.

6. No room for Laziness in marriage darlings! You are Lazy? Dirty? Go work on yourselves now! You can’t enjoy such marriage. Also assist each other, wives are not slaves so men do what you have to do as a loving husband and how a king treats his queen.

7. Ehhhhh!!!! Third party Hian! Don’t try it!!! Erm “ I’ll report you to your Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Friend etc ...” eh! Don’t try it o! You only need God to resolve your issues. No single outsider should know what is going on in your marriage o! Quickly settle things before it gets out of hands.

8. Erm “My best friend is coming, My friends are coming “ ughhhh! Which nonsense friends? Better shut your home against friends if you want peace of mind. Not literally in a rude way, but there should be no form of closeness again, you are now married! Men! I understand you like to hang out with your friends but limit this as you are no longer a boy! You are now a man with responsibilities, so spend your time on productive things.

9. Be a good example. Treat each other in a way that you’d be grateful to God for bringing you two together. Communicate often, be each other’s best friend, look at situations from two angles and not just yours, correct each other with love, Study the word of God together and discuss your flaws and how to work on your flaws together. Laugh more and frown little or at all. Be an example of how a Christian home should be.

10. Don’t cheat on your spouse as all I have stated would totally be a waste of time if you do this. You won’t even escape God’s punishment and your life would remain sour unless you repent.
Don’t cheat on your spouse o!

10b. Ahhhh Finance! How could I have skipped this shocked Ladies and Gentlemen, this is one of the major Koko in marriage o! Wives be like “ I can’t spend my money o” mostly after getting sick advice and Lori iro advice from fake friends! Hubby be like, “pay me back that money you borrowed from me” shior! Mtchew!!!!
If you can’t handle having a joint account, not with a cheat o! Those cheats will spend your money on side chicks and side boos, that’s why it’s essential you pray like Elijah before accepting to marry anyone biko! Nothing is more sweet like having a joint account with your spouse with super understanding and same spending lifestyles! You will so enjoy this marriage ehn! Especially if you both are not materialistic and would rather invest than buy overrated Aso ebis!
Ladies, this is majorly for you! Who told you that man is your ATM? You work, he works but your money is for yourself in particular ? What happened to being joined as ONE? Why would you watch your hubby suffer while you have more than enough to support him with even if you don’t want a joint account. I’m begging you please, do not leave financial responsibilities to men only! They are not robots na! Work hard, improve on yourselves, pray to God for creation of wealth opportunities, Be each other’s support pillar, don’t frustrate and fight over money issues. You must understand that you are no longer different individuals but now ONE.
Men if your spouse agreed to submit her salary or profits to you, and you spend such money on useless things like giving one side chick girl that is playing mind tricks on you or you trying to get in her pants....I hope you know God will forget you and no one will help you.
Don’t fight over finance please, and if you need to do things 50-50, do it peacefully and if you as a husband you are capable of shouldering all the responsibilities please do it without feeling like a god.

I have so much to say but I pray the Holy Spirit leads you right and help you to speak when you should, act right and stay mute when you should, also do not forget your in-laws are important! Treat them like your blood even if this is a bit stressful, God will definitely find a way to reward you and there is nothing we ask our Dear Father in Heaven that He won’t do. For instance you could say, “Daddy, I’m stressed could you please make my brother in-law to stop acting irresponsible “ and He will answer you.

God bless you as you invite Jesus into your home.
kikikiiiiikiiiiii you design it as if it's a Road Map, let me tell you this in Fela's voice marriage is a gamble is either you win or lose but but keys that builds a Home is understanding, endurance, wisdom, knowledge and unity.las las don't marry a kid and jobless lady oluwa a wa pelu yin o

1 Like

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Kaybae(f): 3:29am On Jun 15, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Oh he told you he didn't sign agreement of only you? Did he sign agreement of going behind your back to cheat before you married him? Nigerian men na their way be that, they cannot own up to faults and apologize when they get caught cheating they will either try to deny it or blame you the woman.

Find happiness elsewhere like your kids or your hustle or hobbies don't let him get the idea that his actions are making you sad, live a happy fulfilled life and ignore him, na that one go pain am pass when he sees that you don't give a shit about him.

Anyway just use your intuition and do what you think it's best, I was giving advice based on how I would act in similar situation. I can never let a selfish man spoil my happiness.
. Thanks so much, I really appreciate, I was a guest on nairaland all this while and have even been begging him to allow me join, he said no but I joined last month when I caught him with condom..... It's a long story Sha, happy to be a part of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 15, 2021
I'll come back and comment when I marry grin

I never marry cool
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 15, 2021
Made619:
stay single....

As in ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by DirectTokunbo: 3:36am On Jun 15, 2021
Belial06:
Spend less time on nairaland opening pointless immature childish threads and spend more time in the real world learning and developing yourself

Grow up

LoL. You are not a joyous person at all
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by yusluvad(m): 3:39am On Jun 15, 2021
Lol! grin grin
Ficient:
Make sure the friendship bond is very strong, don't marry bcuz of big yansh
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by baby124: 3:40am On Jun 15, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
You are GUARANTEED to likely lose your peace of mind immediately after marriage.
GUYS be wise.
So Love carefully.

The 1ST thing a bad wife attacks is ur FREEDOM.
The 2ND she offers is disrespect.
The LAST you experience is mental torture...
Then peace of mind would have eluded you.
I think you are confused and on the wrong thread. What kind of freedom are you looking for in marriage? You want to put someone’s daughter in sorrow. If you are a lesser human with no impulse control, disrespectful and lack basic intelligence then by all means stay single.

There is no so called freedom in marriage. Not in any marriage in the world. Marriage is a commitment to your spouse and you answer to that person. You need better mentors in your life. Your mentality will be your end.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by coronavirus19: 3:40am On Jun 15, 2021
Belial06:
Spend less time on nairaland opening pointless immature childish threads and spend more time in the real world learning and developing yourself

Grow up
Who tf is this??
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Kaybae(f): 3:48am On Jun 15, 2021
baby124:

I think you are confused and on the wrong thread. What kind of freedom are you looking for in marriage? You want to put someone’s daughter in sorrow. If you are a lesser human with no impulse control, disrespectful and lack basic intelligence then by all means stay single.

There is no so called freedom in marriage. Not in any marriage in the world. Marriage is a commitment to your spouse and you answer to that person. You need better mentors in your life. Your mentality will be your end.
. Do they know they are putting anybody in sorrow? Imagine after catching a cheating husband and you started crying and asking why, instead of being sober he said" ekun e ko move mi, ma su kun abosi because I never sign agreement of only you"( i.e, your cry does not move me because it's like crocodile tears, I never sign........) Now tell me if such man knows what it's feel for another person's daughter to be in sorrow?

9 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by SecretReporter(f): 3:56am On Jun 15, 2021
Draslo:

Shut up, this isn't immature or pointless.

The best advice I ever received from a married man is to open a trust fund for your kids' education even before you meet their mother.
how did you go about with the advice ?
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Kingzeez10: 4:01am On Jun 15, 2021
revolt:
Stay away from girls raised by single mothers ....they'll destroy your home...
You're right. I'm a living witness

3 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Flakky26(f): 4:13am On Jun 15, 2021
Never expect too much from your spouse in the early years of your marriage because you might be disappointed. The seed you have not sown, don't expect to harvest it. Have a cocoa expectation that is more valuable than corn that is just 3 months. If you have corn expectation, you might be frustrated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Successmind(m): 4:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Be prepared for every unexpected and unforseen crazy drama,be closer to God(pray oftently) and care and be faithful to one partner.....��sure you will be successful in life and your marriage if you do dis......

2 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Draslo(m): 4:17am On Jun 15, 2021
SecretReporter:
how did you go about with the advice ?
I already started.
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by jonaifame22(m): 4:21am On Jun 15, 2021
dacblogger:
Don marry...it's just too stressful.

Or if you choose to marry ,DNT expect anything from your partner...go in there with strong mind or you will die of heartbreak.
how far?
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by pode(m): 4:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Which of the marriage couple, 80s, 90s, or 20s because if it is 20s, please forget it

3 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Solubahneje: 4:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Who is this supporter of APC
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Belial06:

Grow up

Useless cultist that has nothing upstairs

2 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Solubahneje: 4:25am On Jun 15, 2021
Boy any problem??
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by 12345baba(m): 4:29am On Jun 15, 2021
No marry till ur pocket tell u truth

1 Like

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Shokoloko(f): 4:44am On Jun 15, 2021
Kingzeez10:

Do you have any proof?

Be careful, Her baby has been crying for cereal since 10th of April

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 15, 2021
If your salary is not up to 300k monthly (depending on your location) dont marry a jobless woman,whether she has a vision or not..even if it is a skill she learnt,let her be doing something.
Men,if you want to be happy in marriage, seek God first...avoid looking at outward appearance, she has to be intelligent and smart to avoid olodo kids.Work on your libido and cut off some friends that always discuss rubbish that can influence you.
Ladies, go and get a job...work on your attitude, learn to be prudent and seek God's face bf u say yes!

10 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Mairice125: 4:47am On Jun 15, 2021
The reason for sex is to procreate .know this and know peace !
Strech:
tanks honey , you just made my night.. ever since my wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl, this is exactly 1 year 3 month, I don join vaseline crew, imagine an active young man like me not having sex for more than a year.. I bin wan send am go him papa house. . But your words really change my mindset.
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by frozen70(f): 4:49am On Jun 15, 2021
prettyheart:
Married people please gist us

Just make sure you have courtship with whomever you want to marry and make sure you marry your friend

Understanding your partner is like reading well for an examination, of course you will pass if you read hard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Tundex911: 4:50am On Jun 15, 2021
Dem righteousness squad gonna say WATCH AND PRAY...

Smh

1 Like

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 15, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Pray

My dear, do not marry just anyone all because you are due for marriage, otherwise you’d see anyhow.
Before accepting to marry anyone, please and please involve the Author of marriage and our creator who knows the person you want to be with 100% and while doing this, work on yourself as well and pray to be a better spouse for your partner.

1. Do not fornicate with your partner before going into that marriage o! The accuser is always looking for opened doors to accuse you before God. Thank God we are serving a Merciful God but He is also a Consuming Fire.

2. God is not an author of confusion, so He won’t give you someone you are not compatible with! Watch out for compatibility as this would be necessary for peace to reign in your home.

For instance, I wouldn’t advise an introvert to marry an extrovert if you can’t handle his or her moving around, just stay off!

3. Ladies be submissive and respectful o! Dump all those feminists talks at your father’s house as no man will tolerate your rudeness, being disrespectful and nagging like wetin I no know!
Treat your husband like a King, trust me that is his MuMu Button o! Treat him like a king and he’d be willing to do just about anything for you.

4. Pray! This should be like your top most priority in that marriage. Don’t be on social media all day, go down on your knees for few hours and pray as a couple. Pray together please, as this is the unity the devil is fearful of. When two or more people....you know the rest. Pray together o!

5. Kill pride and be extremely humble. Stories like, he offended me so he has to apologize first should be left in your church bin after the ceremony biko! Don’t keep malice oooo...I repeat, do not and never keep malice! Forget pride, just walk to hubby or wife and start bombarding him or her with kisses and hugs, whether you are at fault or not. Be childish, tell Your spouse to carry you like a baby, pull a childish stunt to get your spouse attention and let peace reign. It is for your own good o! Don’t be forming I can keep malice for 200 years, na bitterness and sadness go finish you.
Also learn to forgive like a child. Don’t say things like, I need time to forgive you...which time biko? Unless of course he is a cheat and a wife beater, then you might forgive but I understand emotionally things can’t go back to normal. But once you pray for the right spouse, God will fight for you.

6. No room for Laziness in marriage darlings! You are Lazy? Dirty? Go work on yourselves now! You can’t enjoy such marriage. Also assist each other, wives are not slaves so men do what you have to do as a loving husband and how a king treats his queen.

7. Ehhhhh!!!! Third party Hian! Don’t try it!!! Erm “ I’ll report you to your Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Friend etc ...” eh! Don’t try it o! You only need God to resolve your issues. No single outsider should know what is going on in your marriage o! Quickly settle things before it gets out of hands.

8. Erm “My best friend is coming, My friends are coming “ ughhhh! Which nonsense friends? Better shut your home against friends if you want peace of mind. Not literally in a rude way, but there should be no form of closeness again, you are now married! Men! I understand you like to hang out with your friends but limit this as you are no longer a boy! You are now a man with responsibilities, so spend your time on productive things.

9. Be a good example. Treat each other in a way that you’d be grateful to God for bringing you two together. Communicate often, be each other’s best friend, look at situations from two angles and not just yours, correct each other with love, Study the word of God together and discuss your flaws and how to work on your flaws together. Laugh more and frown little or at all. Be an example of how a Christian home should be.

10. Don’t cheat on your spouse as all I have stated would totally be a waste of time if you do this. You won’t even escape God’s punishment and your life would remain sour unless you repent.
Don’t cheat on your spouse o!

10b. Ahhhh Finance! How could I have skipped this shocked Ladies and Gentlemen, this is one of the major Koko in marriage o! Wives be like “ I can’t spend my money o” mostly after getting sick advice and Lori iro advice from fake friends! Hubby be like, “pay me back that money you borrowed from me” shior! Mtchew!!!!
If you can’t handle having a joint account, not with a cheat o! Those cheats will spend your money on side chicks and side boos, that’s why it’s essential you pray like Elijah before accepting to marry anyone biko! Nothing is more sweet like having a joint account with your spouse with super understanding and same spending lifestyles! You will so enjoy this marriage ehn! Especially if you both are not materialistic and would rather invest than buy overrated Aso ebis!
Ladies, this is majorly for you! Who told you that man is your ATM? You work, he works but your money is for yourself in particular ? What happened to being joined as ONE? Why would you watch your hubby suffer while you have more than enough to support him with even if you don’t want a joint account. I’m begging you please, do not leave financial responsibilities to men only! They are not robots na! Work hard, improve on yourselves, pray to God for creation of wealth opportunities, Be each other’s support pillar, don’t frustrate and fight over money issues. You must understand that you are no longer different individuals but now ONE.
Men if your spouse agreed to submit her salary or profits to you, and you spend such money on useless things like giving one side chick girl that is playing mind tricks on you or you trying to get in her pants....I hope you know God will forget you and no one will help you.
Don’t fight over finance please, and if you need to do things 50-50, do it peacefully and if you as a husband you are capable of shouldering all the responsibilities please do it without feeling like a god.

I have so much to say but I pray the Holy Spirit leads you right and help you to speak when you should, act right and stay mute when you should, also do not forget your in-laws are important! Treat them like your blood even if this is a bit stressful, God will definitely find a way to reward you and there is nothing we ask our Dear Father in Heaven that He won’t do. For instance you could say, “Daddy, I’m stressed could you please make my brother in-law to stop acting irresponsible “ and He will answer you.

God bless you as you invite Jesus into your home.

Joint account ndi mmmuoooo!
Bring and i bring,and the marriage keeps going and growing.

3 Likes

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Mecka: 4:52am On Jun 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Me i go cheat for marraoge women are scum

All of them olosho fucking men for money.....
what if your wife dey give u beta style plus bj. Wetin u go do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Don’t Like Them / Lady Confesses To Cheating With 20 Different Guys After Splitting With Boyfriend / How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.