Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt (52881 Views)

Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / After Buses Were Burnt@endsars,i Told Sanwo-olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk-Buhari / Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Misterone: 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
vedaxcool:

The whole endsars saga proved that despite states having the legal capacity to address issues they will always act powerless and be looking.

All the panel of justice were set up by states they did not need PMB they could have easily solved the problem each time SARS exceeded their limits but no they acted like there was nothing they could do..

PMB followed their lead and let them while they hung themselves till their senses returned. We cannot continue to pretend Govs have no role to play in maintaining law and order.
Yeah! We heard of one OC Akwuzu, one James Nwafor frolicking with Peter Obi. He was even made a commissioner

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by West2019(m): 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
360degreess:
Good mr president.some lagosians joined hands with some bad bele people to destroy lagos during ENDSARS.Everybody should be treated in the language he or she will understand better.
keep silent
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
Moradeyo95:
he has a point bro...the presidency should have like a media damage control team....I fink dey do...secondly...the protest was partly cus of the Twitter suspension which was still cus of the president tweet been taken out of context.....so yes damage control would have adviced him "action speaks louder"

I don't understand what you are saying. My response is about a president who kept quite for long while the country was burning during the end Sars protest and now wants to blame Governors and everyone else except himself.

Nobody mentioned Twitter ban!
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by chaloskyx: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nigerians please stop complaining and accept your bad leaders and failed country you guys are meant for each other after bubu another useless leader would emerge and you would all vote for him so just know this Nigeria would never be great it would never ever know stable electricity of growth you would continually go to your pastors to pray for Nigeria and they would always fleece you for your hard earned money and you guys would always be used as an example for all the terrible things that characterises a bad country................thats the honest truth
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by kelbranty(m): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

People in An area in Lagos get to suffer because hoodlums burnt buses.

They had nothing to do with it. The evil dictator proudly said they should walk and you are supporting him.

Now you're calling them hoodlums. But when government tagged them as hoodlums then, y'all lashed out at the government, you said they were protesters. Anyways, I personally wasn't expecting to see any of those buses in Lagos again after the protest.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Moradeyo95: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Meninmen:

I don't understand what you are saying. My response is about a president who kept quite for long while the country was burning during the end Sars protest and now wants to blame Governors and everyone else except himself.

Nobody mentioned Twitter ban!
undecideddamage control would have adviced him to reduce his public engagements hence is almost silence.....not saying it's the best....buh I fink it would have been better for him to keep quiet than to speak and make statement nigerians will go and take out of context in a very tensed atmosphere...
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by kelbranty(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Reason before typing.

If someone burns down your mother's shop, you will not help her get her business back and advice her to starve.

You sef reason before you type.

If the shop was very helpful to the people around, yet people around could burn down the shop in the name of protest, then they don't deserve the shop around anymore (except they're contributing to rebuild). The mother would move on to other things or be relocated to another area where she's valued. Las Las Na d area ppo go suffer till they get someone else to fill the gap the mother was filling b4.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Moradeyo95:
undecideddamage control would have adviced him to reduce his public engagements hence is almost silence.....not saying it's the best....buh I fink it would have been better for him to keep quiet than to speak and make statement nigerians will go and take out of context in a very tensed atmosphere...

Lol. Funny people that don't know their history. When has Buhari being known to talk on vital National issues?

But he can release statement on Ruga. He can release statement when there are reprisal attacks on fulani herdsmen. He is not scared of his statements being misinterpreted on such occasions.

Please go and sleep. You are not making sense!

And if you think it was best for a president to keep quite while violent protests rock many states of the Federation, then you are not a serious human being. His silence did more harm that good.

So, why did he finally speak through a broadcast when he saw it was leading to anarchy? He should have kept quite all through!
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Elvis778(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
Rahkman:
Ibos burnt those buses
Middle finger....you are irredeemable
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Elvis778(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Rahkman:
ibos destroyed lagos
Is there no limit to your stupidity?
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Elvis778(m): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2021
savagerhythm007:
But no be lie oh. As bitter as it sounds, bubu is right. Touts hijacked that protest and destroyed properties worth billions. We really need to stop our animalistic behaviour if we want to be treated as proper citizens
Touts that they sent......should the innocent suffer for what a few hooligans did? Besides, we all know those tugs were government sponsored tugs, why else would security agents act powerless while hoodlums go on rampage destroying public properties?
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by CoolAmbience(m): 12:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Flexherbal:
Once most politicians get into power, they change and begin to speak languages that the people do not understand.

Government should learn how to carry the people along, to avoid protests.

We do not support the destruction of government properties.
Na all of us get dem.

What useless protest warrants destruction of public properties and taking of lives?

Buhari is even too lenient. If I am President, I will not take it for a second.

That's stupidity!

We need to start treating these people in the language that they understand.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by CoolAmbience(m): 12:22am On Jun 13, 2021
Commentor:

You lot are hypocrites.

Address people so they can as always twist it out of context and use it as the pretext for anarchy.

Try again.

My brother, these people no well at all.

If President address us, problem... If e no address, trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by CoolAmbience(m): 12:23am On Jun 13, 2021
2mercy:

When you speak in clear terms..... Nobody will twist his words...

So, he telling us open grazing is what he wants, taking us back to first republic but we are still using the 1999 constitution is twisting his words.

No let me abuse you this morning

My friend, go and sleep.

You have nothing tangible to say.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by chidiwar(m): 12:32am On Jun 13, 2021
Go get airdrop using this link

https://unioswap.com/JKQH2I

Paste ur ETH wallet address from any of ur trading platform
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Farki: 12:39am On Jun 13, 2021
slydog:

When you investigate and take them down, does it bring back the buses? Even insurance companies will not replace these buses if they were comprehensively insured

There are things called fines and taxes.

The estimated cost of replacing the burnt fleet was 3.9 billion naira.

If we take 1000 naira from the population of 20 million Nigerians that are alleged to live in Lagos we have raised 20 billion naira needed.

We may not even need to raise taxes or fine traffic offenders much to get this income, simply asking for a contribution fund and being transparent with the money will see these buses paid off.

Governing is not hard, but we Nigerians make it sound impossible.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by emmyN(m): 12:49am On Jun 13, 2021
PVision2020:

You and I know it was the protesters that plunged the state into anarchy. Stop the hypocrisy and blame game.

No we don't. Protests were relatively peaceful until state-sponsored hoodlums started attacking protesters. You hold an A1 in hypocrisy.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by wackpoet(m): 1:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Commentor:

You lot are hypocrites.

Address people so they can as always twist it out of context and use it as the pretext for anarchy.

Try again.
It went south because you unfortunate lots hired thugs to disrupt the protest and make it violent. You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Lasay: 1:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Please help a brother I need a good job to take care of my loving family, I will appreciate anyone with contact to kindly assist me. My rent is almost due I'm just trusting and believing God for a miracle. My digits are zero 7 zero thirty four thirty four zero 338
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by PVision2020(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2021
emmyN:

No we don't. Protests were relatively peaceful until state-sponsored hoodlums started attacking protesters. You hold an A1 in hypocrisy.
If your narrative makes you feel okay...fine

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by slydog(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Farki:

There are things called fines and taxes.

The estimated cost of replacing the burnt fleet was 3.9 billion naira.

If we take 1000 naira from the population of 20 million Nigerians that are alleged to live in Lagos we have raised 20 billion naira needed.

We may not even need to raise taxes or fine traffic offenders much to get this income, simply asking for a contribution fund and being transparent with the money will see these buses paid off.

Governing is not hard, but we Nigerians make it sound impossible.
At least you realize that taking down the perpetrators will not bring back the buses, but rather taxing and finning the entire state will help us raise money. As simplistic as it sounds, if it were so easy, the states and FG will have no need to borrow funds, just explain to your citizens that road A, V, and C are critical infrastructure that must be contracted and they should contribute N500 and anytime we need stuff, just keep taking from the population and we'll see how far that goes.
There are sociocultural organizations, groups and classes, if you've headed any people, where to raise minimum amounts happen with so much strive, complains and issues, how much more the entire state where you will hear people say, "I don't use the bus, those who use it should pay"
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Gbengbelu: 4:07am On Jun 13, 2021
Okey o, we don hear
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Olatomiwami(m): 5:59am On Jun 13, 2021
Aonkuuse:
Hypocrite!!! You would have said it is just like deliberately breaking your plate. African mothers will give you thorough beating to an extent u will prefer using your hand to collect food. You people should keep deceiving yourselves by hailing people who destroy public properties in the name of
getting the government's attention

U lack comprehension, direct your anger to your brothers that kill and burn govt investments and security agents, a case of cutting your nose to spite their faces.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Olatomiwami(m): 6:03am On Jun 13, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Is it everyone in Lagos that protested? So why should everyone suffer?

You guys stop the defense.

The President goofed in his statement as he has goofed his whole time as President.

He is a failure and you can not make sense out of his failed statement.

His handlers knew Buhari is archaic old fools, hence they made u believed he is senile, now that he has talked, u can all see that he better remain silent than adding salt to an injury.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Friend22(m): 6:08am On Jun 13, 2021
2mercy:
After he allowed it to go south by not addressing during the protest by can now grant interview when he see his government is loosing face in the international community

I believe you were in a coma when he said to tge protesters that:"we have heard your demands loud and clear ."
No wonder he said Nigerians are forgetful people and I believe he was referring to you and 15people that liked your mention.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Olatomiwami(m): 6:09am On Jun 13, 2021
Modikko:
As far as I am concerned, the statement is in order

Not only in order to him, not to the populace, is a coded msg to EASTERNERS too, that all the properties burnt by Ugm is solely the responsibility of the SE, bad nigga.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Friend22(m): 6:11am On Jun 13, 2021
2mercy:

When you speak in clear terms..... Nobody will twist his words...

So, he telling us open grazing is what he wants, taking us back to first republic but we are still using the 1999 constitution is twisting his words.

No let me abuse you this morning

Is the issue being discussed about open grazing or burnt buses?
I wonder the kind of education some of you got.

You guys are just too self entitled that everything you demand must be met immediately like badly brought up child.
You guys need to grow up.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Friend22(m): 6:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Olatomiwami:

His handlers knew Buhari is archaic old fools, hence they made u believed he is senile, now that he has talked, u can all see that he better remain silent than adding salt to an injury.

So,when you allow some idiots among you to mess up everywhere you expect the president to spend time cleaning up your mess?.
Is that how a responsible father behaves?

This deluded self entitlement your guys carry around is the major problem of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by abimic(m): 6:37am On Jun 13, 2021
I support the president on this, the burning of the buses was really a bad thought, berger station and the other around oyingbo were razed down. I couldn't have said anything less if I were the president. National assets should be protected by all, since the protesters have the number, they should be able to tame the stubbornly, defiant and destructive minded ones.
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by savagerhythm007(m): 7:31am On Jun 13, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say I am the cause. I am saying, I wonder how you guys celebrate and defend evil.

How much are you guys paid to feel comfortable trying to defend the president's stupidity.
I guess you have no sense..
Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by Flexherbal(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

What useless protest warrants destruction of public properties and taking of lives?

Buhari is even too lenient. If I am President, I will not take it for a second.

That's stupidity!

We need to start treating these people in the language that they understand.

Good day.
Hope you read there, that we do not support destruction of government properties?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abducted Kaduna-Abuja Train Passengers Regain Freedom / Dino Melaye Flaunts Sports Cars Worth Millions In Abuja (Photos, Video) / Aye Dee: Nigerians Being Lied To, Buhari & Governors Didn't Meet At Abuja House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.