Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:36 AM

June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils (63193 Views)

June 12 Protests In London (Videos) / June 12 Protests Hit Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan (Pictures) / IPOB Planning To Hijack June 12 Protests, Cause Mayhem - CNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by WinterMinter(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
You're mad
[s]
Antoeni:
Buhari has no house in Lagos or Ibadan. He won't retire to SW , SS or SE after his presidency. The possibility of him using that railway or Expressway is almost zero. He did it for you and I.
STOP HATING!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by danilmo: 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Abascoh:
No sensible Igbo person should join the back stabbing Yoruba chameleons on any protest. They will only end up betraying igbos and siding with their Fulani masters to attack them. End SARS was not long ago nah, didn't we see the worse kind of chameleonish behavior by Yorubas? They ended up turning it into an "Igbos are destroying Lagos" agenda. The blunt truth is that Igbos will be used as a scapegoat by the army and other security agencies if they join the protest and the Yorubas will turn around and support their Fulani masters in their brutality against Igbos. Every wise igbo person should stay away from any protest that has to do with one Nigeria. Yorubas and other one Nigeria tribes can go and protest for their one Nigeria.

Why is it that ipob use to do their thing backward way and wen it backfires they ll start crying fire.

Today is a national official day for protest, after today everything go end and everyone go back to status quo.. The whole region are in support of this day,

Any protest aside today has no bases, it ll be regarded as anti govt/authority protest which security operative will tend to use force...

Just ask itself why has FG not arrested Sunday?? Is it because he is powerful?? No.. But he has his tactics and he is answerable to Yoruba elders..
The other time he advised followers to desist from insulting Tinubu, he apologized to Oni of ife and many others after stepping on their toes, automatically these guys will defend and back him codedly.. Igboho didn't insult or throw jab at Yoruba co southerners hence he garners general southern support both politically and locals. Hence heavy baking. If they arrest him then SW will shut down for him... That is the kind of level he is currently hence the confidence to move, dare police self.

Come to think of KANU, he started by Insulting Tinubu(Man with the highest political vigour in Southwest and general Yoruba, politicised his movement to anti APC pro PDP, EndSars protest he made radio announcement in how Lagos should get burnt, insulted igbo elders who seems not to declare support for him openly, sent his boys to beat ekweremadu up... U are still thinking why he was forcefully arrested and hated by some?? It's a simple case..

Make peace with people of other region and stop bitterness ,forgive and forget some things that is how to progress politically/Democratically ... To me Biafra is very easy to get without much bloodshed..

Nnadi KANU need to go back to his drawing board, this is no longer 1980 where war will get u what u want, a complex legal backing, support is enough to get things done..

The only problem Oduduwa has is Tinubu who did not openly declare for Oduduwa and we understand him, probably for some political reasons of 2023 whether him or his godsons,
Good or bad till then..

9 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Kagd10: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
SoBright101:
This protest is not to celebrate Abiola but against bad government.

It's to celebrate Nigeria's democracy birthed by Abiola and several Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by oluwasegun007(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
Abascoh:
No sensible Igbo person should join the back stabbing Yoruba chameleons on any protest. They will only end up betraying igbos and siding with their Fulani masters to attack them. End SARS was not long ago nah, didn't we see the worse kind of chameleonish behavior by Yorubas? They ended up turning it into an "Igbos are destroying Lagos" agenda. The blunt truth is that Igbos will be used as a scapegoat by the army and other security agencies if they join the protest and the Yorubas will turn around and support their Fulani masters in their brutality against Igbos. Every wise igbo person should stay away from any protest that has to do with one Nigeria. Yorubas and other one Nigeria tribes can go and protest for their one Nigeria.

Check my pics below, you'll know your contribution to anything in this country has little effect. When the N and SW talk....you know what to do.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Ategberoson(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
southeast remained calm after Buhari threat, average Igbo fear of Fulani order than anything, no Igbo want to hear Fulani language that they understand

June 12 is not about Igbo alone but about Nigerians, Igbo ain't the only one suffering from this bad governance. in fact Igbo people are at the receiving ends of this govt than Yoruba people. So Igbo sitting down and protesting doesn't change the fact that this Government had failed humanity

the protesters don't care if southeast now look like zombies, the voice of the people should be heard that's the most important thing. because you do railway for me doesn't me you should kill my people

human lives over useless railways

1 Like

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
neyyoh:

Mikecold

See this..
Divide and Rule
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Abascoh:

The only way to win this struggle is for the Igbos and yorubas to set aside their differences and fight for freedom.
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by cybertruss(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Yes, there's calm in SE. The title of the protest is not interesting to an average SE. SE people don't like Mr president, but care more for call of referendum which they believe is a better solution. However some members of SE eating the national cake will disagree with this idea.

This protest is seen as a good thing. The Yoruba people are trying to correct the wrong election of 2015.

Secondly, any protest in the SE is an instant massacre because soldiers will fire live ammunition and clean up the area.

They will be labeled IPOB even if they were not members.

To be honest SE is under serious military suppression. Mr president is more interested in suppressing the people in SE than fighting insurgency in the Northeast of Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Orch1981: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Na so e be bros
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by flokii: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Richandsimple:
They don't have the mental capacity to engage at this level.
Have u ever come across a cerebral Igbo activist?
The few obscure ones recruited by Nadeco were enticed with money.
U no see how PMB dey disrespect them anyhow?E don see them finish.
Just give them dr country and see fowl yansh!

Of a truth, all freedom fighters in Nigeria's history were from South West.. even the prominent ones we have today are all from SW.

How else can we explain bravery please.

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Mitsurugi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
J2381:
Guy shut up once again! Don't let hunger and joblessness make a complete fool out of you.

Your useless conspiracy theory don't fly. You sound very silly to say the least.

If you're asked how you came about this foolish notion of yours, I'm sure you won't be able to provide a viable answer other than the nonsense you just spew.

Don't blame him. Why did Yoruba even on this forum begin the odious lie that it was the Igbo who burned Lagos during ENDSARS?
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by AfonjaConehead: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
All the coneheads know is Igbo affairs...they are not bothered about about the north

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Newton85: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
Where are our idiotic Yoruba "sophisticated morons" who were doing some nonsensical #IamIgbotoo rubbish days back? Where are our silly, naive Yoruba brothers who want some despicable "Southern Unity" with Eboes? The Eboes are telling you that June 12 doesn't concern them, that it's a Yoruba affair, and they are right. They voted for Fulani Bashir Tofa over abiola anyway. But, keep doing some rubbish #IamIgbotoo and screaming "Southern Unity." You will learn someday.

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
The above division is why we have leaders like Buhari and company running the show

As things stand the sane opposition is divided along ethnic and tribal lines

Once again Bubu wins
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Orch1981: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
You are animal in human form
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Mitsurugi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
flokii:

Of a truth, all freedom fighters in Nigeria's history were from South West.. even the prominent ones we have today are all from SW.

So let the SW liberate us na. SE will support them with funds grin
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by phidipe(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Were nsoro, oponun ode.Whst is meaning of Afonja, ask your Coward Nnamdi Kanu, chest beater no action. Eranko
0jgti7gko08yhfe:
Afonja protest grin
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by smithyemy: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Why some ibos we come here and says trashes. Are you aware some Nigerian did supported Ibos in during your BIAFRA protest.
I personally argued tirelessly while in Nigerian during one of the protest staged by pro- biafra group. I did sacrificed my sweat in support of Biafra Republic. To add more, presently in United Kingdom i cannot count the number of times i have supported the BIAFRA Movement despite the fact i am a Yoruba guy.
Furthermore, do you know how many IBOS have became gainfully employed through the help of my wife, who is also a Yoruba lady here in UK? Also, do you know how many Ibos my wife have accomodated for months here in Uk?
My question is how many Yorubas you have help in ur life?
Stop uttering hatred speech.
Those that promote or does hatred speech against another tribe always end up loosing many good things .
My prayer for you is for the Almighty God to deliver you from this attitude.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Thinkfree(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
The Yoruba protest is not happening in abuja why?
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Sleekfingers: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
JEWcELofHELL:
A Yoruba protest?

https://dailytrust.com/june-12-calm-in-southeast-as-southwest-boils

How southeast no go calm? Abi una want make buhari tell dem the language dey understand......

Awon onion bandits and online warriors
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by MarketDispatch: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Sensational front page headline...
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Cammo: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Antoeni:
Buhari has no house in Lagos or Ibadan. He won't retire to SW , SS or SE after his presidency. The possibility of him using that railway or Expressway is almost zero. He did it for you and I.
STOP HATING!
He built the railway for his terrorists "cousins" in Niger.
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by AfonjaConehead: 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
flokii:

I pray lies will not kee you....and again,your freedom fighters of now like Igboho and maybe sowore,do you have respect for them?
Between them and tinubu,who do you people have respect for?
Do you have any respect for the like of FFK and Fayose?

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Sipsum: 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
Arrogantbro:
No unity to even fight the bad government and leaders of this country. Southeast doesn't give a Bleep as if the pains won't touch them after all. What a pity

What are you wailing about?, are Igbos supposed to be protesting in Yoruba land?.
They did the right thing, " they should just dey their dey ", Yoruba matter no concern Igbo.
Every where is calm, either sponsored or arrange so far no one is burning or looting anywhere, we are happy.
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by West2019(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
Antoeni:
STOP HATING!
so you vote buhari to.power to.help.only him family and state right..mumu u be
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by arcis: 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
Tareq1105:

If we don't protest against the killings in the country how are we going to be alive to use the railway or expressway?

Are you comfortable with the killings in the country?

There's no hatred here, it's a protest against evils in the land committed by those saddle with the responsibilities to protect us.

are you protesting for the killing or you want Buhari out of government? Some of you are just to ignorant on how to hold government accountable.. I just pity some ignoramus among the so called protesters who may be injured.

If you have no business outside..stay indoor.

Come 2023..vote for someone you believe can turn the country to DUBAI..all these protests and named calling wouldn't change anything it can only end in Sorrow which we dont pray for...

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by BKayy: 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
colestephan86:

They are protesting, not killing their kinsmen that are police officers.
I think the easterners are tired of wasting their own lives at the moment
Which people killed the 300+ unarmed Igbo people in the Fp?
Is it not the same so called brothers in the police and Military?
If you don't know the meaning of Ideology, Google it. They chose their side and are the greatest problem we have.
For killing their fellow Igbo in cold blood, they will never know peace. Not in this life or next
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Sima04: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
all I can say is
we in the south east are like sand. God in his infinite mercy and wisdom Has made us that way, we can't be destroyed we can't be burnt, all we do is change form to the current realities and adapt.

NDEWO

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by emonis88: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Bar1941:
Now we can see the real cowards and betrayals. They showed this attitudes during #ENDSARS protest and here they are again. They will only brag on social media and other news medium but when it's time for action they run away. Their leaders are even worst, they will run away and leave their followers to their fates, example Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu and the likes.
Don't be daft. During the endsars protest what was it d Southwest said? That it was igbos that were destroying lagos. Now them dey their own u call them cowards again? U ve a hidden agenda.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by r4bbit: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Abascoh:

You b mumu... Wic endsars did yorubas turn against who.. Which scapegoat are you talking about #my guy DAT one careless orientation oo ...
If you don't want to protest.... No body force u#
As Suffer no deh tire yu na
#am not against biafra
#but I no want stupid cappings
If you don't want to join because of biafra fine#
But no carry your useless mentality come disturb pple weh get sense
#know dis and know peace
Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by nnamdi282(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Only Nigerians protest against Buhari Govt.
We protest for freedom.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils by Bar1941(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
BKayy:

You don't even know what the protest is all about.
Man from a group known for their undiluted cowardice.

Undiluted cowardice like Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu I guess? No one bothers if you chicken-hearted set of people joined or not, calling the Yorubas cowards is what your entire tribe should eschew from.

Currently among the freedom fighters in Nigeria, it's on record your Nnamdi Kanu is the only lazy ass fighter ranting from exile, even ordinary Igboho that joined yesterday is here fighting with his people. Sowore that has all it takes to run away and use just his news medium (Sahara) didn't do that because he knows the importance of leading from the front.

Go and read the history of the deaths of Gen. Adekunle Fajuyi and Gen Johnson Aguyi-Ironsi, then you will know the level of bravery the Yorubas can display.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Before We Forget History: Tinubu CV Vs Saraki CV / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) / Wike: I Was A Drinking 40-Year-Old Whiskey When Atiku Marched To INEC In Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.