Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Does The Supernatural Truly Exist? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does The Supernatural Truly Exist? (179 Views)

Does The Phoenix Browser Has Income Program Like That Of Opera? / If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Supernatural Truly Exist? by DavidAO(m): 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
If anyone asks me this question, then I might need to first ask them to define supernatural. What makes something supernatural? And when do we draw the line between natural and supernatural?

Linguistically, the term supernatural means above or beyond the natural. So when we say a thing is supernatural, we’re saying that that thing is beyond the natural.

Personally, I’ll say a thing that’s beyond the natural does not exist because nature itself is the essence of existence. Therefore, whatever is said to be supernatural will be above nature or completely outside nature. That thing does not exist. Nothing is beyond the essence of existence.

While this sounds like the popular view, I do have some objection to the popular view. I think the popular view on this matter holds to manipulate language with semantics and create a false reality as to what supernatural means.

When you ask someone what’s supernatural, they’d gladly say God is supernatural. When you probe further, they’d certainly bump on a spot where they’ll confess that they think God is supernatural because they cannot perceive him.

This gives us the understanding that the definition of supernatural has nothing to do with nature for most, it’s has everything to do with their perception. Therefore, people say God is supernatural because they think they cannot perceive God.

Whereas everything used to define God is natural. God is said to be light, love, true, wise etc, all these things are just natural so it really baffles me why anyone will say God is supernatural.

So the question might be: does the fact that we can’t see God makes God supernatural? If so, do we also say energy is supernatural? Do we say forces are supernatural? These are things that we do not perceive yet determine the reality, how then should the reality be limited to perception?

Let’s look at life, nature is the essence of life. Do we say a person is supernatural because we can’t see the essence in them? The essence is what life actually is. It’s that which makes the difference between the living and the dead. A body without the essence is dead and decays while a body with the essence is alive and living.

Since essence which determines the reality of a person is beyond perception, can we then say everyone alive is supernatural? This will be ridiculous to the ear and so does the idea that supernatural exist sound ridiculous to my ear. Everything is within nature, we’re only existing within our level in nature.

As a person, I do not believe anything is supernatural. In fact I think the term supernatural is a figment of the deliberately shallow human mind. No one can truly know life unless they first accept that life transcends that which is seen.

In my book the science of God and life, I scientifically proved why an angel is just a natural Being after I encountered one. People who have read the book have had a different understanding of what life and nature so I guess it’s substantial enough for anyone. In fact, the editor said that’s her favorite topic of the book and thanked me for helping her understand life beyond her perception.

Nothing is supernatural, everything is with in nature.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and life. www.davidaobooks.com

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading - Understanding Your Trading Edge / How Does Height Insoles For Shoes Can Help Us? / 10 Members Of A Family Die After Consuming Herbal Mixture In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.