Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 AM

June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) (66914 Views)

A Bus Carrying Northerners With Guns Intercepted In Akure By June 12 Protesters / Idahosa: June 12 Protesters Are Sponsored, Arab Spring Won’t Happen In Nigeria / June 12 Protesters Arrive Ojota Park In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Realtest44: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
Abacha reign am just very sorry for my words in those days.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by duni04(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
HRMK:
ok!what stopped u from taking part?cowardice?which of ur relation was part of the protest?since they av bn doing this,what has changed?is mass protest the only way to be heard by govt?ur not dfft from runaway nnamdi kanu sending igbo youths to their early graves!too bad!!
Nnamdi kanu is organising people to kill others. Besides being undemocratic, that is morally wrong. Nigerians on the other hand do not have access to stable electricity, are being killed like chickens everyday by fulani herdsmen and are suffering severe econmic hardship. Protest is their way of expressing dissatisfaction with the way things are and their way of saying the man they vited for, if he has any honour, should go so that someone that has the skills and knowledge to solve the country's problems can take over. Bros it is not okay to sit and keeo quiet. This is not a monarchy! In a democracy everybody with a voters card is a powerful stakeholder and has the right to ask questions and demand for change. If you are scared of the Nnamdi kanu approach to tackling issues well that is on you. But as for me, i know what democracy is and will not keep quiet and do nothing in the midst of all the chaos in Nigeria today. Nigeria is the plan B of millions of people. They have to speak out because their lives depend on it!

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Cammo: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Rugaria:
They'll still vote for him if he comes for 3rd term..
You vote in a proven dullard, not once but TWICE!
Only to start fighting with the police on the road to remove him!
You vote in inepts just to spite others! Unrepentantly!!!
And no matter the atrocities commited by his regime elsewhere, you don't care as long as he shares the crumbs with you!
Pathetic!
Nonsense! Nobody voted for ugu even at the first election. He robbed his way into power.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Reelmii: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
criuze:
No rights is Nigeria

Worst than Nazi
all the rights have been sold for #1,000
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Donchieli: 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Shetemi12:
How can protest remove a sitting president.. ?

In a saner clime it can

There's a country (PERU) where the interim president resigned because of mass protest against his rule
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by modsfucker: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
duni04:

Bro i think you really need to read up on what democracy is. I don't think you know what it is. Because what you're saying angers you is exactly what democracy is. The basic principle of democracy is the "people". The people decide to elect you, the people decide you're good or not good enough and the people remove you. It's all about the people. The fact that we have cowards in Nigeria that mistake monarchy for democracy doesn't mean that is the true colour of democracy. How can a President that enjoyed a democratic ascent to power suddenly say protests are not allowed in the same democracy you piggubacked off to become President. The day even 50% of Nigerians realise what real democracy is and how bad they've been cheated. They will be really angry.

Nobody says protests are not allowed.. A lot of protests have taken place and will continue to take place under Buhari... But any protest that seeks to remove the President, not through the constitutionally provided procedure, is dead on arrival and must not be condoned.

Whoever believes he has valid reason that Buhari should go, should go and convince his representative at the NASS, and that representative will sponsor a bill, describing how the President committed an impeachable offense. That would be debated and that would kick-start the impeachment process.

Buhari was elected by over 15 million people, so I don't see how a futile protest by a handful of persons will lead to his removal from office... Besides, he hasn't committed any impeachable offense.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
modsfucker:

There's nothing bad in protesting. However, the motive of this Sowore's protest, Buhari Must Go, is what makes it bad.

We all have elective representatives, and if at all we want the President to go, we should do so through them... Or how do you mean it should be? A mounting pressure and the next day the President resigns? The last time I checked, Buhari was elected by millions of people, and the few people I see protesting are not even upto 10,000.

Buhari Must Go is simply a request for the failed dictator to save what is left of the name Buhari and resign.

We can not expect a rubber stamp National Assembly and representative to do that when Buhari has a track record of breaking the Constitution.

Sowore is right to demand Buhari must go.

Buhari is a total failure.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Kaymaxine(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
The policeman always wearing his cap backwards has always been going against all the codes and conduct of the NPF!!!

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
modsfucker:

Nobody says protests are not allowed.. A lot of protests have taken place and will continue to take place under Buhari... But any protest that seeks to remove the President, not through the constitutionally provided procedure, is dead on arrival and must not be condoned.

Whoever believes he has valid reason that Buhari should go, should go and convince his representative at the NASS, and that representative will sponsor a bill, describing how the President committed an impeachable offense. That would be debated and that would kick-start the impeachment process.

Buhari was elected by over 15 million people, so I don't see how a futile protest by a handful of persons will lead to his removal from office... Besides, he hasn't committed any impeachable offense.

Stop talking National Assembly. Those guys are part of the problem. Protest is the best way to go when the whole system is corrupt.

You can not get good from an evil body.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by iampeterben(m): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
How I wish my fellow Nigerian youths can use this energy to go get their PVC and bring in the right persons for the job.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by modsfucker: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Stop talking National Assembly. Those guys are part of the problem. Protest is the best way to go when the whole system is corrupt.

You can not get good from an evil body.

And you think it will yield the desired result?
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
SimplyShit:

Abeg getat

Thank you my brother, Simplyshit cheesy

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Story
yanabasee1:

He will remain Buhari and will face his earthly judgement before going to meet his creator...
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Antoeni:
It’s Only 10% Of Protesters That Have Genuine Intentions, The Rest Are Thieves, Thugs, Hoodlums , Looters Look For Opportunities to Call Out Their Evil Intentions

How did u arrive at ur conclusion?
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
The key word here is "interim"!
Donchieli:

In a saner clime it can

There's a country (PERU) where the interim president resigned because of mass protest against his rule
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by modsfucker: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Buhari Must Go is simply a request for the failed dictator to save what is left of the name Buhari and resign.

We can not expect a rubber stamp National Assembly and representative to do that when Buhari has a track record of breaking the Constitution.

Sowore is right to demand Buhari must go.

Buhari is a total failure.

Are you expecting Buhari to resign because of some protest spearheaded by some disgruntled failed politician? Do you think it's achievable? Okay, good luck with that.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by SimplyShit: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

Thank you my brother, Simplyshit cheesy

My brother man where have you been?

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Rugaria: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Cammo:

Nonsense! Nobody voted for ugu even at the first election. He robbed his way into power.
Lol
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Your assertion is right but we all saw how the last protests went.
Government's duty is also to protect lives and PROPERTIES!
duni04:

Nnamdi kanu is organising people to kill others. Besides being undemocratic, that is morally wrong. Nigerians on the other hand do not have access to stable electricity, are being killed like chickens everyday by fulani herdsmen and are suffering severe econmic hardship. Protest is their way of expressing dissatisfaction with the way things are and their way of saying the man they vited for, if he has any honour, should go so that someone that has the skills and knowledge to solve the country's problems can take over. Bros it is not okay to sit and keeo quiet. This is not a monarchy! In a democracy everybody with a voters card is a powerful stakeholder and has the right to ask questions and demand for change. If you are scared of the Nnamdi kanu approach to tackling issues well that is on you. But as for me, i know what democracy is and will not keep quiet and do nothing in the midst of all the chaos in Nigeria today. Nigeria is the plan B of millions of people. They have to speak out because their lives depend on it!
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by lexy2014: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Shetemi12:
How can protest remove a sitting president.. ?

If u have at least 50k to 100k people on d streets in every major city in d country on a daily sustained basis, then d protests can remove a sitting president
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
SimplyShit:

My brother man where have you been?

I dey kampe! cheesy

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
modsfucker:

Are you expecting Buhari to resign because of some protest spearheaded by some disgruntled failed politician? Do you think it's achievable? Okay, good luck with that.

I don't give a F if the failure resigns or not. Buhari fails with ease. If he decides to stay longer, he will just keep tarnishing his name.

I am addressing your point and showing you why Sowore and who ever protest that Buhari Must Go is Right.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
modsfucker:

And you think it will yield the desired result?

That is up to the failure of a dictator to decide. He is clearly terrible at it.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by ipodstinks: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
Antoeni:
Oponu
You be ode
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by SimplyShit: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

I dey kampe! cheesy

Bless up

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by HabaHaba: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
spearman:
Na dis Ojota people bring Buhari come power.

Yes sir! I remember clearly their campaign during 2015 elections. How even girls with different logos of APC on their T-shirts almost got naked campaigning for PMB/Osibanjo.
Kai! See their fate now, a very sorry development for them!

#If they knew what tomorrow holds!

#BUHARI IS A DICTATOR!!!

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Lewiseze1988(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nor be small tin
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by harbeeb4luv23(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
Protesters are using face mask... Our useless police didn't use... And this same police are the one arresting...

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Lewiseze1988(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
e don red
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by duni04(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
modsfucker:

He doesn't need to commit any impeachable offence. In Ukraine Yanukovych fled the state house after days of prolonged protests by people that didn't want him again. In georgia, Shevardnadze fled the state house in a chopper after protesters camped outside the state house and said they didn't want him there again. In Tunisia Ben ali fled in a chopper after protesters came out enmass and said they didnt want him again.
The power belongs to the people in a democracy! It is very unfortunate that you do not know the power you hold.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by modsfucker: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
duni04:

He doesn't need to commit any impeachable offence. In Ukraine Yanukovych fled the state house after days of prolonged protests by people that didn't want him again. In georgia, Shevardnadze fled the state house in a chopper after protesters camped outside the state house and said they didn't want him there again. In Tunisia Ben ali fled in a chopper after protesters came out enmass and said they didnt want him again.
The power belongs to the people in a democracy! It is very unfortunate that you do not know the power you hold.

Good luck with your powers. Hope your sit-out at the Villa Gate would be aired live.
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by modsfucker: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I don't give a F if the failure resigns or not. Buhari fails with ease. If he decides to stay longer, he will just keep tarnishing his name.

I am addressing your point and showing you why Sowore and who ever protest that Buhari Must Go is Right.

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Governor Zulum's Convoy In Borno State / Helicopters Of The Nigerian Airforce (Pictures) / Zainab Abdullahi: 'Aisha Yesufu Is A Jew In Islamic Shirt'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.