Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) (66973 Views)

A Bus Carrying Northerners With Guns Intercepted In Akure By June 12 Protesters / Idahosa: June 12 Protesters Are Sponsored, Arab Spring Won’t Happen In Nigeria / June 12 Protesters Arrive Ojota Park In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by bajosky: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
MY CANDID ADVICE TO 9JA PROTESTERS UNDER THIS SANE APC NEFARIOUS GOVT.

1.ALL PROTESTERS MUST SIGN A SELF DETERMINED FORWARD EVER POSITION ONES THE PROTEST STARTS.
2.LOOK OUT FOR SABOTEUR /HOODLUMS.
3.NEVER GET SCARED OF OPPOSITION ie Securities on uniform.
4.FINALLY BE FIRM ON "ANY PROTESTERS ARRESTED THAT IS INTENDED TO BE TROWN INTO A WAITING VAN OR TRUCK( ALL PROTESTERS SHOULD EITHER JOIN THE TRUCK OR THE TRUCKS LEAVES EMPTY WITHOUT PICKED UP AT THE PROTEST GROUND .
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by calcal: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Gamesmart: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

How did u arrive at ur conclusion?

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
I agree to most of your post. However, you misunderstood me...
Yes, protesting is good but I will say it again and again and again, black people don't know how to protest!

I see how Oyinbos protest, they will just gently form a kind of solidarity, most of it done out of view. They also VOTE to register their dissatisfaction.
But Nigerians eh...? They will start burning tyre, creating chaos and most times, they start to loot and damage other people's property.
Then they will NEVER vote. They will grumble and grumble and then on election day, they are sleeping at home.

You cannot change a democratic system by street protests.
IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

That is NOT a good way to protest.

duni04:

What on earth are you talking about? Have you lived abroad before? I have! I don't see it in movies, I have lived it! They have systems that work!!! Not because they have 2 heads, but because everyone is accountable and people don't sit in their homes and bitch or whine! Everyone is a stakeholder! They harass their leaders and demand everything from them. That is why their systems work. Whereas you would rather sit down in your house and enjoy 2hrs of electricity without complaining. That is a ridiculous way of living. If you don't ask/demand, you won't be given anything!
And please stop this attitude of looking down on people that are brave enough to demand more from the system. They are the real heroes of democracy. They are the reason leaders think twice before they steal or abuse their power. Because they know there will be people ready to go out on the streets and make life hell for them if they mess up. Nobody takes a coward that sits at home and doesn't complain serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Police Officer Shoots Omoyele Sowore / Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.