Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:00 PM

How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? (885 Views)

PETER OBI: How Much Does Twitter Pay SM Influencers? / Breaking News!!! See How Much Nigeria Make From Crude Oil, Yearly!!! / How Does Twitter Ban By Buhari Stop Me From Using Twitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by wpadmin: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
To those saying that Jack Dorsey of Twitter is losing money from the Government's ban, I want to ask a question. How much does Twitter make from Nigeria?

I bet you it is not up to 0.1% of the companies annual profit.

Companies like Twitter and Facebook make money when people run adverts on their platforms. How many Nigerian companies or individuals run ads on Twitter?

Ever wondered why companies like Netflix and Spotify took years before they came to the Nigerian market. Ever wondered why Shoprite closed in Nigeria?

Some businesses cannot thrive here.

Look at Iroko TV.

The majority of Nigerians are poor and see most of these things as luxury.

If Twitter was a Nigerian company, they would have closed down. Twitter is still in existence because of profits from First world countries like the U.S and Europe.

Jack is only trying to fulfil his companies goal of being a global company or he is fighting for what he thinks is right.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by SMI2020: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
UAR you mean?
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by chatinent: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Points.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by NaMe4: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
Are you taking those urchins typing rubbish all over NL seriously?

A platform with over 200 million DAILY users, some ewarrior clowns on this forum have been typing absolute trash. Beg Buhari? For what?
Meanwhile, Nigerians still access the platform via VPNs.

Just senseless!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by Cryto(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
Why you want no,

Go protester
Nah so yahoo take start
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
Fine, since he isn't profiting from Nigeria let him leave Nigeria and go to a more profitable country

why complaining about the ban? It should be a relief to the company
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2021
wpadmin:
To those saying that Jack Dorsey of Twitter is losing money from the Government's ban, I want to ask a question. How much does Twitter make from Nigeria?

Companies like Twitter and Facebook make money when people run adverts on their platforms. How many Nigerian companies or individuals run ads on Twitter?

Ever wondered why companies like Netflix and Spotify took years before they came to the Nigerian market. Ever wondered why Shoprite closed in Nigeria?

Look at Iroko TV.

If Twitter was a Nigerian company, they would have closed down. Twitter is still in existence because of profits from First world countries like the U.S and Europe.

Jack is only trying to fulfil his companies goal of being a global company or he is fighting for what he thinks is right.
Be speaking English
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by wpadmin: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Be speaking English

Say something reasonable
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
wpadmin:

Say something reasonable
be speaking grammar
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by wpadmin: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Fine, since he isn't profiting from Nigeria let him leave Nigeria and go to a more profitable country

why complaining about the ban? It should be a relief to the company

There are some human beings who believe their purpose in life is to fight for those without a voice or fight for any cause they believe in even if it will cost their lives.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by wpadmin: 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nairaland should have an unquote or delete button. Some persons don't deserve the attention they get.
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by seunmsg(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
wpadmin:

Look at Iroko TV.

Nigerians are running Ads on Nairaland but you think they are not doing same on Twitter. Are you for real? I can be Twitter is making more money from Nigeria targeted Ads than Nairaland in a year. So, what’s your point exactly?

This conception that Nigerians are poor and can’t afford some things is just funny and silly at the same time. Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. Even if about 80million are dirt poor, we still have nothing less than 100million people that live above poverty line. That’s still a huge market by any standard.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by wpadmin: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
seunmsg:

Nigerians are running Ads on Nairaland but you think they are not doing same on Twitter. Are you for real? I can be Twitter is making more money from Nigeria targeted Ads than Nairaland in a year. So, what’s your point exactly?

This conception that Nigerians are poor and can’t afford some things is just funny and silly at the same time. Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. Even if about 80million are dirt poor, we still have nothing less than 100million people that live above poverty line. That’s still a huge market by any standard.

You believe 100 million Nigerians live above poverty line? I just hope this is true.

On Nairaland, you pay based on the Section you want to advertise on. Political section is currently 106k per week.

Twitter, Facebook and Google most times run a cost per click model.

In this model, you are charged based on the number of clicks you get.

Nigerians bid as low as 0.02$ for a click.

If I’m bidding for 0.02$ for a keyword, when I get 1000 clicks, I will pay only 20$.

Seun knows this model will not pay him for his business that’s why he is not using it.
Re: How Much Does Twitter Make From Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
On Nairaland, you pay based on the Section you want to advertise on. Political section is currently 106k per week.
For a section full of trolls and bored children? Lol. I’ve seen a few of the ‘famous’ political posters here on Facebook. They live on the same level as my gateman.

(1) (Reply)

State Capture: Law Empowers Lagos Take Over Tinubu’s ‘Corruption Case’ From EFCC / Fulanis Beneficiaries Of The Woes In The SE / Deji Adeyanju : Eyes Witness Told Vanguard They Saw A Male Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.