Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tired Of My Marriage - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tired Of My Marriage (81314 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Drizzy5001(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
It's seems like you stay very close to her family house, I will suggest u relocate to another area, that is quite far from them, by the time the check the distance, and transport fare to be spent, they will not bother visiting you again.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by wallarwallar(m): 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
This is serious. Sit your wife down and discuss the issue with her and pin point tangible reason why u guys can't continue like dis. Relocation within nigeria can not solve your problem I swear it will double the problem because they wud start sleeping over and spend long time plus you will provide transport fare wen they are ready to go. If u can relocate to another country dat wud solve the problem instanta..

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid.

The problem I have is that, the girl's family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eyes to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when I noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money. Although my wife is very nice she earns salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money.

Before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it is making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys are number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.

Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way.

Before our marriage, we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us, the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it's a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have been able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do.
We always warn you people to flee from broke bishes, but no, you will say it's your responsibility to be a man....smh sebi you be man, enjoy your suffer in manship please, you no come see better woman marry na broke bish wey be first dota of 9 other broke rats....smh
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Abeyjide: 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
The traffic on this thread really showed how vital is this issue and shows that most people also experienced such an issue.

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Funny comments, OP......marriage is for better for worse.
...I think you are enjoying the worst side of it as you didn't enquire or check well to know the level of the Worst in question before marrying your wife....

You are lucky she is a nice lady and an understanding friend to you, if not by now, you may be heading to yaba left....lols

Pls you guys should bring out a portion of the food you buy for the month and say this one belongs to our relatives.....

More important thing.....

Pray God blesses you more so you laugh at this post in your next level...

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Jameschimobi002(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
You no know from the beginning that she come from low family and she have 9 siblings ni.. Becs he puna dey swt u to forget say na problem u dey enter so... Oga continue that marriage oo or better still find a way to settle it with her and the family to reduce dea coming to your house... Cos e no easy for 9ja now oo..

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Dpundict: 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Is there a law that says you must live in the same locality? Well!! If no law then change town or put a very long distance between your family and them. My 1 piece though

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by studentofTruth: 11:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
MrMcJay:
Very simple solution.

1 Go to Oyingbo market and buy a big bag of unpeeled Egusi.

2 When next they come to your house, put off the TV, say something like 'Aunty Chizoba and Uncle Pius, when you finish eating, help me peel small egusi".

3 Use paint rubber and pack a heavy heap of egusi in front of them let them peel.

Sit back, relax and see what God will do.

Correct guy. Very smart!
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by OsusHunter: 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
[s]
airminem:
My philosophy is basically this, and this is something that i live by, and i always have, and i always will. Dont ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason, ever. No matter what. No matter where, or who, or who you were with, or where you are, or where you've been. Ever, for any reason what so ever...sad What am i even saying self angry

My fellow Nairalander op, it is well with you.
[/s]
Shut up!

See why you should stop eating noodles without onions?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Bruc89(m): 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
Report them to DSS
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid.

The problem I have is that, the girl's family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eyes to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when I noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money. Although my wife is very nice she earns salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money.

Before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it is making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys are number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.

Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way.

Before our marriage, we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us, the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it's a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have been able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by West2019(m): 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
You are a fool ,what is food
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by kelvinovie25(m): 12:02am On Jun 14, 2021
Best you relocate bro, go and look for an apartment far from them, it should cost them slot before they can come over, it will reduce frequent visit for a while.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Jayrow08: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2021
U no even thank God say u get and u still dey complain if to say dem dey come dem no see anything wack, se shame no go catch you?
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by MrSly(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2021
psalmuel76:
smiley smileyyou will need to calm down, talk to her, explain everything to her...and look for wayout to the problem......marriage is not a childs play.... this is just 2years, you just started......learn to be patience....
The meaning of the word 'incoherence' has been finally simplified here. Chai, my ribs.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2021
So it's not a problem if she supports you with her earnings abi? Remember that the parents trained her so she will assist in training others. You are not even paying school fees oo, only feeding and you're complaining. Well, it's wrong to eat like a glutton especially now. Sit ur wife down and tell her to curtail the way she cooks for them. Do not push them away. Your children too might need their help someday.

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Gambit23: 12:15am On Jun 14, 2021
Ninobraw:

""Before our marriage, we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us,''"

Na sense u no get

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Cousin9999: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2021
when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it

lol
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by princewarri1985: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2021
Hahahaha laugh won kill me here hahahahahaha i feel your pain bro! Hahahahahaha thank God am not married yet, and when i finally do, it has to be a girl from a rich family, hahahaha but why them won chop you fall, are you their father that keep producing children like rat? Hahahahaha, talk to your wife and be firm about it and tell her that you are not comforbable with the way her younger ones are trooping in and out your house to consume your foods like your house is a restaurants, tell her that these people if not called to order, they will send you both to village and also eat away you both future
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Vireani79: 12:33am On Jun 14, 2021
MOST WOMEN USE MARRIAGE AS A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM grin grin grin grin

THEY ARE SO POOR AND COME FROM POOR FAMILIES WHO HAVE NO SHAME
THE BEST WAY NA TO FORM FIGHT WITH THEM
JUST BEGIN GIVE ATTITUDE COS EVEN IF U TELL UR WIFE
THAT ONE NA STORY....SHE FIT TALK TO DEM MAKE DEM FORM WITHDRAWAL FOR A FEW DAYS BUT WITH THIS BUHARI ECONOMY....MANY PEOPLE DON LOST THEIR SHAME....DEM GO COME BACK AND RESUME OFFICE FOR YA HOUSE grin grin grin grin

JUST FORM FIGHT.....SHOUT FOR THEM
THEM GO RUN BUT DEM GO STILL DEY COME IF U NO DEY HOUSE SINCE UR HOUSE NA THEIR PERMANENT KITCHEN grin grin grin

MANY LIKE UR WIFE FULL TOWN
EVEN THOSE WEY THEY FORM INTERDEPENDENT LADIES FOR NAIRALAND

U MARRY DEM U MUST FEED CROWD grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:33am On Jun 14, 2021
Just relocate no other option than that
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Hassanmaye(m): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2021
Rickmann:

I hear some suggesting that you relocate..you don't run from your problems but face them. Besides how does running solve this issue? They will only locate you wherever and the parasitism continues. In my opinion, I think there should be an intense dialogue with ur wife making her see reasons why that cannot continue. Open her eyes to the demerits of allowing such things..your obligation and loyalty lies with ur immediate family and no one else..besides, Your family is still young and needs to grow.

See me sounding like a married man grin
Bad boy go marry jo
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Kingisibor: 12:38am On Jun 14, 2021
[quote author=Ninobraw post=102651450]No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid.

Hi straight and tell this your wife, you are man for God sake. Act fast now ....
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by princewarri1985: 12:38am On Jun 14, 2021
I know the comment is coming from a woman, so you mean he should allow them trooping in and out of his house like it's a restaurant abi?? Was he the one that told the girl father to marry a very fertile woman and they both start producing children like rat to pass the baton of poverty to? You see a young man who just married 2 years back intead of them to plan their future, the wife siblings are trying to eat their future away, BROS CHASE ALL OF THEM AWAY BEFORE THEY FINISH YOU, AND YOUR WIFE CAN GO WITH THEM TOO IF SHE DISAGREE WITH YOUR DECISION!

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Hassanmaye(m): 12:38am On Jun 14, 2021
Donpenny:
Kai this kind feeling can pain most especially if you're the ambitious type. You feel as if you plans are being derail by some unserious gluttons. I suspect my next flat neighbor is expirencing same thing op, this an hard working guy even goes to work at time on Sunday but his efforts are not showing in their room. No sitting chairs just empty space with 3kids with both wife and husband family feeding of the young man effort without the wife doing nothing. I felt for him. How can someone grow with such burden
Only God grace
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by mainman7(m): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2021
Shameless bitch nigger! Common, man up and be a responsible man!
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by witworth(m): 12:40am On Jun 14, 2021
Take the pain. Absorb it, Then cry it out aloud for them to know you're dying. Otherwise they will assume you're that okay with their useless habit.
Do it now

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by udemzyudex(m): 12:40am On Jun 14, 2021
CSTRR:

The real issue is that men don't marry high-flying Women.
They just fall in love with anybody and marry and then suffer the consequences.

Women always marry up, men should start doing the same.

If a woman does not have a job that pays her six figures, don't marry her.

You need that income in your marriage.

Interesting shocked
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by baby124: 12:46am On Jun 14, 2021
na2016:

If you like, be as rich as Dangote, if all your inlaws come to do this, you may not be happy. There should be some limit. Don't the inlaws have self-respect?
No self respecting human being will give birth to more children than they can take care of.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Joydan95: 12:48am On Jun 14, 2021
Ninobraw:

See ehn, family people need to be handled with strong hands else they will destroy your marriage and laugh at you at the end or insult you. When i got married, my mum started visiting everytime most times unannounced and my husband started raising concerns plus my mum’s call was always too much. My husband told me to tell my mum that he wasn’t comfortable with the way she calls me and come to our house unannounced. I tried but my mum didn’t bulge not until the day my husband spoke to her about her interference in our marriage. He told her she is only to call me twice in a week and come to the house once a month. My mum was hurt but I saw that she got the message this time. My husband even threatened that we will relocate to a very far distance if she doesn’t change.

5 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by baby124: 12:50am On Jun 14, 2021
Drizzy5001:
It's seems like you stay very close to her family house, I will suggest u relocate to another area, that is quite far from them, by the time the check the distance, and transport fare to be spent, they will not bother visiting you again.
The parents will send two-three siblings to live with them. Claiming they are suffering. They will move the problem permanently into his house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Wife Abandoned Husband Who Won N63Milllion From Lottery Afterwards / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village / I Suspect My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.