Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Tired Of My Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tired Of My Marriage (81334 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by aktolly54(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
@op. Tell your wife to find job for her siblings and they will be able to cater for themselves. Their coming to your place will be reduce and they will be fine

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Ayo2004: 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2021
You better carry pankere and chase them away before they kill u...
But u sef get mind o,u marry eldest daughter with 8 siblings from poor family in this Nigeria,if u say na love,I fit comot your teeth from here

Anyways,this just goes further to prove that babymamaism rocks cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Judybash93(m): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Move your family to somewhere far
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lols

5 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Taywon: 12:19am On Jun 13, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
so anichebe just this week we came to your house you came here to make it seem we are are hopeless poor gluttons whom have been feeding fat into your pocketundecided......signing out✈
Hungry man

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2021
My Guy say em dn tire to feed battalions
grin grin grin

All I see is a Weakling.. you got no nerve, ball or steel..
Na only Wail you go wail..
I just learn something new now..
If I must marry a girl from a football team home, she must be the last or second to last child.. not among the first 3 ..
Cos.. em younger ones go wn dey come my house.. lol

5 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by baralatie(m): 1:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Mordson:
But this is not enough to make you get tired of your marriage.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 3:50am On Jun 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
easy for u to say.

my cousin told me he was coming to spend 1 month with me, he works alright, I told him he will take care of his own feeding.

i didnt hear from him again
that's a very wrong move,that your cousin will not forget that statement till his or her dieing days,it is better for him to come whatever is available will be managed,I had such experience when my two cousins were living for a brief period with me in enugu,my wife grew tired and told me she will stop feeding them I said NO,we shall manage,but now one of those my cousins got married to a very very wealthy Tyre importer in onitsha and the other is now working in a big oil company ,till date the reverence and respect they have for me and my wife is limitlessness, little do they know what really happened behind the scene.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by stupidmod3: 4:00am On Jun 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
that's a very wrong move,that your cousin will not forget that statement till his or her dieing days,it is better for him to come whatever is available will be managed,I had such experience when my two cousins were living for a brief period with me in enugu,my wife grew tired and told me she will stop feeding them I said NO,we shall manage,but now one of those my cousins got married to a very very wealthy Tyre importer in onitsha and the other is now working in a big oil company ,till date the reverence and respect they have for me and my wife is limitlessness, little do they know what really happened behind the scene.
am single n not working on salary he is.

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 4:10am On Jun 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
am single n not working on salary he is.

they say experience is a good teacher,you moved too fast in playing your hand and letting him know what is your mind,I can remember when I was in a very similar situation,my cousin told me he was coming and been my blood relation I cannot even think of refusing or inserting conditions, little do I know that the guy is loaded with cash and simply needs a place to lie low,I was sad the day he was going,he was paying for everything even dstv sub.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Slimdan360:
Stop being a selfish and stingy person,the more u give,the greater u receive,know this and know peace
Lies!!!

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by stupidmod3: 4:23am On Jun 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
they say experience is a good teacher,you moved too fast in playing your hand and letting him know what is your mind,I can remember when I was in a very similar situation,my cousin told me he was coming and been my blood relation I cannot even think of refusing or inserting conditions, little do I know that the guy is loaded with cash and simply needs a place to lie low,I was sad the day he was going,he was paying for everything even dstv sub.
nope didn't I, i simply let him know d leaving condition, wud it b better if he had come n I start giving altitude? am a straight forward fellow dont have time for saying one thing n doing another.

like i said hw works unless he was looking for where to b eating 247 while saving his money then he isnt a good fellow

8 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Map1(m): 6:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Asquare84:
Op your case is even better that your wife is bringing something to the table, as I type this I am the soul provider for the family, I mean even common salt I buy, wife doesn't do anything thing as I am typing this her younger brother who is managing with a salary of 30k impregnate a lady and she was operated through CS, her mom on hearing this came to my house with two of her children age 14 and 9. Not minding the ungrateful wife that I will give money to stock foodstuffs she will be complaining money is not enough yet she will not provide anything, she nagg alot and no respect for me. It very wrong to Marry from a poor family background.
hnmmmmm many young men thought marriage is a bed of roses and about sex not knowing what beyond it is above that,the day a man married a jobless selfish and ungrateful woman is the day he dig his grave,I really feel for you and understand you just take it easy,my advice for you is that don't go for large family atleast 2kid is ok and let your wife go to learn a trade.goodluck

7 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 6:40am On Jun 13, 2021
Very simple solution.

1 Go to Oyingbo market and buy a big bag of unpeeled Egusi.

2 When next they come to your house, put off the TV, say something like 'Aunty Chizoba and Uncle Pius, when you finish eating, help me peel small egusi".

3 Use paint rubber and pack a heavy heap of egusi in front of them let them peel.

Sit back, relax and see what God will do.

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by mu2sa2: 6:55am On Jun 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
easy for u to say.

my cousin told me he was coming to spend 1 month with me, he works alright, I told him he will take care of his own feeding.

Hahahaha!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Rickmann: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid,the problem i have is that, the girl family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eye to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when i noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money, although my wife is very nice she earn salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money, before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys is number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.
Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way,
before our marriage we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us , the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have a be able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do

I hear some suggesting that you relocate..you don't run from your problems but face them. Besides how does running solve this issue? They will only locate you wherever and the parasitism continues. In my opinion, I think there should be an intense dialogue with ur wife making her see reasons why that cannot continue. Open her eyes to the demerits of allowing such things..your obligation and loyalty lies with ur immediate family and no one else..besides, Your family is still young and needs to grow.

See me sounding like a married man grin

7 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Temmylee01(m): 7:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Aje oloun you dey motivate me cheesy
MrMcJay:
Very simple solution.

2 When next they come to your house, put off the TV, say something like 'Aunty Chizoba and Uncle Pius, when you finish eating, help me peel small egusi".

3 Use paint rubber and pack a heavy heap of egusi in front of them let them peel.

19 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Asquare84(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2021
For those suggesting he relocate that may not even work, In my case my wife mother travel all the way from Jos to abuja with two adult male children to come and visit the son that impregnant a lady outside wedlock, my question is if she is coming to abuja why bring a boy of 12 and 9 years to come to my house in abuja.

Secondly no body should blame the opp from marrying from a family of 8 children, life orientation matter alot, I am the only male child from a family of five children yet for once I have not step my leg to my in law house or call them for any form of assistance.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by josh123(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid,the problem i have is that, the girl family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eye to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when i noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money, although my wife is very nice she earn salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money, before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys is number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.
Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way,
before our marriage we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us , the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have a be able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do
relocate to a far place
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by ObiaboAdoka(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bola146:
I understand your worries. Sir, I know that you knew or saw this coming( that is why it's good to stop what you can't continue) they are her relations, they are her cross, she can't ignore them away. It's now left for you to sit your wife down maybe to minimize their coming or solutions to it. You can still be helping with the little you have, it's better than to ignore them totally.
Wife material sighted. U can help a man build his home. Keep it up.

5 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by detectivejones: 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
If she spends her money to feed them when you complain about being broke, then I don't see the issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Sugar97(f): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
MrMcJay:
Very simple solution.

Lmao. This is the funniest response on this thread so far grin cheesy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by cayorday89(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
poverty is too bad,it will make you behave abnormal and think weird things,what better joy will a man have if his in-laws come to his place and he will feed them very well and even given them transport money when going,when my in-laws use to come to my house I usually prepare nsala soup myself for them with catfish and oldlayers,poverty it shall not be well with you.
There is a situation on ground and you are not addressing it but narrating how you do things to your in-law and indirectly calling OP a poor fellow, whereas it's the same poverty that made your in-laws to come to you for food, what is bad is bad whether rich or poor, don't cast all your burden on someone else especially if you also can't bear 10% of it... Op I feel for you, take decisive actions and so what is right for your peace of mind and sanity... Yes it's a thing of joy to render help to one's in law but not at the detriment of one's progress..

14 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Originalsly: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bro.... as man of the house... you need to put your foot down. Ber family members are coming to eat period. Why would they not come if they can feast everytime they do? You shouldn't tell her to stop them from visiting.... but what you can do is cut out the feasting. Sit down with your wife and make out a budget.... how her money is to be spent... let her salary be the one responsible for feeding the family for the month ... and whatever else so that she has just enough for her personal maintenance. You can even settle for a part to send for her parents. Yours for other stuff and X amount goes to savings for the house and car... leaving you with the same amount or even less for your personal maintenance and to send to send to your parents. Agree to stick with the plan. Then raise the topic about her family members and their feeding... that we can no longer afford that since it will disrupt our plans for the future. In reality... I'm almost sure she will agree... but relatives will continue to visit.... and she will continue to feed.. business as usual. Do not intervene. When she cannot uphold her end of the agreement ... she will reach out to you. That's when you hold your ground. If there is nothing to eat... then let it be.... allow the child to suffer as well.... child suffers mother suffers even more... and worse because she will know the child is suffering because if her. Allow this to happen... only then she will put an end to the family feasting frenzy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by cayorday89(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Oyiboman69:
blaming the couple for being poor...there is a limit to everything. even the richest man cannot feed everybody always. stop being unhelpful cos you you prepared one so call soup for your in laws sometimes undecided
God bless you, that guy sounds like he never did what he boasted of doing, if I leave my parents house to enjoy what they can't afford me in another man's house, what does it make my parents no be poverty? And he thinks he is wise by stylishly calling the couple poor..

5 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Donpenny(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kai this kind feeling can pain most especially if you're the ambitious type. You feel as if you plans are being derail by some unserious gluttons. I suspect my next flat neighbor is expirencing same thing op, this an hard working guy even goes to work at time on Sunday but his efforts are not showing in their room. No sitting chairs just empty space with 3kids with both wife and husband family feeding of the young man effort without the wife doing nothing. I felt for him. How can someone grow with such burden

4 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
It's only food they come to eat and your body is peppering you like this? What if they make a huge request as inlaws, what Will you now do?

Imagine, you're even complaining about the money their sis is spending on them to feed. You are so stingy! Abeg change.

If you are in a position to even feed someone, thank God. Stop complaining.

If you don't want them in your house any longer, tell your wife. Period!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by SoftChordz: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
easy for u to say.

lol hahahaha that cousin na bastard so e no plan to contribute.. nowadays for naija if u de find person go make u de ready to contribute unless the person de sharp Wella. And doesn't mind but as e de be man suppose de try hold him own though life no stable.

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by SoftChordz: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
MrMcJay:
Very simple solution.

lol laugh wan keee me as I de read ur post, u be tortoise aswear... Na the egusi go chase Dem comot. See format!!! LOL

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Luak(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
It's a problem you are expecting much from your wife's income. Just stick to a budget(feeding allowance), she will adjust bcoz of her child. It's her responsibility to talk to her siblings. You must Chanel 2/3 of your income to profitable investment. Focus on your immediate family while not making enemies of your in-laws
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by djon78(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
poverty is too bad,it will make you behave abnormal and think weird things,what better joy will a man have if his in-laws come to his place and he will feed them very well and even given them transport money when going,when my in-laws use to come to my house I usually prepare nsala soup myself for them with catfish and oldlayers,poverty it shall not be well with you.

Exactly

It's poverty that will make someone cry about his in laws coming to finish his food

@Op

Learn not to only live for just you, your wife and kids

Expand your mindset
That thinking only breeds poverty

People that cry like you barely make it above average in life

Allow your in laws to come and eat from you
Even if they finish what you bought

When you don't cry over there eating
And you expand your mindset
the subconscious infinite intelligence
Will create way for you to expand your income and earnings

I have seen this practically

Had two relatives then
One was always crying about people eating his family food

Another relative opened his house and allowed people to eat whatever they like
He made sure every one was satisfied

End result

The relative that was always crying and complaining about eating his food retained very average
Never really making it big

But the other one that opened his home to visitors went on to become extremely rich
Taking care of many families up till today

Infact my observation from that experience guides me in my own Home even today

I ensure any visitor to my house feast like a King
Food people will eat ain't any problem what's over

People that cry like you always remain average in life
Change your mindset
Your wife even has a liberal mind

What your in laws eat can never make you poor
Rather it will bring blessings and open doors to you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Heartdanny(f): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
This is exactly the problem my elder bro is facing in his marriage his in-laws are all adult in their 20s and 30s that refused to do nothing for a living Some are even older than him. Their mother and the last child lives there since they got married and the others comes on daily basis. You can hardly go there without meeting 3 or 4 of them at a time. Any time I go to the state he is residing I only go to his house to see his kids and I most go that same day because I don't feel comfortable in his house cos of his In-laws.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I Suspect My Wife / Wife Burns Husband's Official Documents In Lagos Over His Adulterous Acts / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.