Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Tired Of My Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tired Of My Marriage (81330 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Ben404040: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
It's a big cross that you ve carried. Fortunately or unfortunately your wife is the first daughter. There z nothing you can do at this time. They are always over caring. They most at times carry the burden of the family on their shoulders. They ll just need your support. You are actually an answered prayer to someone/ somepeople.

She will choose her family if it comes to that. Just work hard and pray you have more money to feed a nation. You will also be getting blessings from giving. You are lucky they are many, see them as your own too. Like my grandma will say...he that feeds a belly saves a life.

Thank God na just food they are eating. In my cousins case, the brothers fought him too.

On another note, you would have seen this before marriage too. My girlfriend does same thing. She works too. Salary finishes before month end. Now I am making plans to have 2 of them busy with school and skills.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Daniety(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid.

The problem I have is that, the girl's family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eyes to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when I noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money. Although my wife is very nice she earns salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money.

Before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it is making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys are number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.

Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way.

Before our marriage, we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us, the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it's a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have been able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do.

Hahahahahahah i know but keep ON enjoy her comfort pls because she your wife there is noting you can do about it's
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by LOKOLESCO(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
I prayed to almighty Allah that he should provide enough wealth for you cos when there is enough money,u wont even bother.don't blame the family of your wife cos u see them before you married your wife.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Joseph08(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Make I laugh small first grin

That's part of marriage my guy, you knew the family background before entering the marriage proper didn't you?

Your wife's siblings are now part of your family also, so chasing them away or frowning your face whenever they visit sends a bad signal to their parents and your wife won't be happy with you at all.

My little advice sit your wife down and explain the situation calmly in a way she would understand, so she can caution them on how to visit. Nothing last forever a time will come when you will relocate and it won't be easy for them to come as usual.

For better for worse no be for mouth o grin

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Abfinest007(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:
No need for a long story, I got married 2 yrs ago, during our friendship I mean courtship it was very sweet and lovely, we got married 2 yrs ago and I have 1 kid.

The problem I have is that, the girl's family come to greet almost every time and when they come they eat like elephant, anything eatable they eat it, they don't use eyes to see bread tea or butter in my room, they will finish it within a day, I will end up spending a lot during the time, when I noticed that it becomes offen i started telling my wife that I am broke, I don't have money. Although my wife is very nice she earns salary of 40k a month, and do funds and cook many times with her money.

Before now I was it okay, we are like a family, now i just realized that it is making me not think straight within a week oil and cooking things we bought will just finished the cartoon of indomitable that last the 2 of us before 1 month or month plus will just finish within 4 days of thier stay, some time 3 of her family will come once and another set will come again, my wife is the first daughter, the poor parents gave birth to 9 kids all in the name of looking for a boy, so she said although the 2 boys are number 7 and 9 position, her parents should be around man 60s and the woman 45yrs old. so now I am tired of the marriage, I don't know how to talk to my wife about it, that I don't like how thier family do come offend since we got married, my families has never come to sleep over in my place for a night talkless of spending holiday in my place my parents gave birth to only 3 of us 2 boys 1 girl.

Now i am just tired I can't be responsible for someone else burden why give birth to many kids and unable to train them, i plan to have only 2 or 3 kids only, and her family want to make me be like thier father sitting at home doing nothing depending on pension for survival, i have realized that I can't achieve what i should have achieved if i continue life this way.

Before our marriage, we agreed no family members is coming to stay with us, the issue now is they don't stay but come to eat and go, it's a big cheating to me I am tired for real, even if I say I don't have money and she use her own. The money should have be able to do other important thing . She spending is also affecting me a lot, we should have been able to buy land or car or live well, not feeding battalion. I am tired please I need advice on what to do.
honest reply bros move to a distance place
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Cruziero75: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kuku fry him, e be tinz grin
Sapa nice one shocked
Xenry:
This is what happens when you marry from a poor family, you will automatically become a burden bearer for all.
Tell your wife to feed her family, while you feed yours! Imagine feeding a family of 11 just because you are married to One—that's unfair na! grin
Try and relocate if you can. Because with the way they use to feast on your food, they might as well feast on your flesh when the food is gone grin.
But they eat too much ooo! Damn! sad
I tell you bro, Redpill no fit handle this problem ooo. So you need to Japa! wink
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Shouldn't ideally end your marriage because of food. Anyone that visit me should be able to eat and he/she likes. Feed people with joy is a secret to wealth, but with grudge, then the burden piles.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Successmind(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
I laugh like lion.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by ThatFairGuy: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Why una dey eat like elephant grin grin
HONESTFACT101:
so anichebe just this week we came to your house you came here to make it seem we are are hopeless poor gluttons whom have been feeding fat into your pocketundecided......signing out✈
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by emonis88: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
so anichebe just this week we came to your house you came here to make it seem we are are hopeless poor gluttons whom have been feeding fat into your pocketundecided......signing out✈
So na u dey go chop d guy food finish abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by tellwisdom: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bola146:
I understand your worries. Sir, I know that you knew or saw this coming( that is why it's good to stop what you can't continue) they are her relations, they are her cross, she can't ignore them away. It's now left for you to sit your wife down maybe to minimize their coming or solutions to it. You can still be helping with the little you have, it's better than to ignore them totally.

angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Icumsa45:
That's why I am not a fan of marrying a lady with plenty younger siblings especially when they are not wealthy. You go be their burden bearer.
thats how one wanted to trick me into marrying her , she says she wants to settle her siblings first.. Omo i run. Before you know it, na me go turn to UNICEF

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Yankee101: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Oga your problem is not the family, pray to earn more money.

If you don't have enough resources to have free food available for a few extra people in need in your house, it's poverty.

Ask God for more resources, not divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by BareFacedLies(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Slimdan360:
Stop being a selfish and stingy person,the more u give,the greater u receive,know this and know peace

So he should bankrupt himself because he wants to be generous?
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by OvaSabi1(f): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
You need to think properly. If you relocate, they will find an excuse to travel down to where you are.
When next they come around, sit them down and ask them how school is going for them and what they're up to. Suggest they try to learn a skill/handwork and profer business and academic advise to them. Tailors for example are always booked, busy and running away from customers because of the workload especially those who are really good. Is it that type who will now have time to be visiting people upandan?
The best thing is to talk to your sister and both of you should talk to them about finding one hustle or the other to keep them busy.

People are saying that it is poverty. See, those family members will compete with your children. When my brother's wife died you need to see how her sisters rushed to come and pack her bags and shoes. They were also coming to the house to take some of the children's things before my brother remarried. The presence of a new woman was what stopped them from coming to take things from the house. Even if you were a billionaire this would still happen.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by IFSHR: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Relocate to a place where the tfare is like 2000 to and fro.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by duality(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
xavuv:
Immatured OP.

So You you think its by stopping to feed them that will make you achieve things like cars, house and other comforts,lol. grin

If i were in your shoes, i will gladly make them comfortable according to my ability whenever they visit and not complain or have grudges against my inlaws or wife. And see how God will bless me.

Note: i said according to my abilty, i will not overstretch. If there is food in the house, we eat, and i won't hide it if there is none either.

And when there's none you do what
You starve you immediate family?

At what point did your parents stopped feeding you.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Change ur mentality op . stop seeing ur family menbers around u as people who are there to consume your food. food is nothing op. am nt sure u even lov ur wife. do u knw that these are family menbres, and that you wil not always have them around you. be wise op, think like a matured man.

4 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Femeto: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
For better for worse. You didn't only marry your wife you also married her family.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by uuzba(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
ebuclassic18:
sir is part if marriage but my question is hope her family are grateful to you not all will accept them
Which kine it's part of marriage?
Oya they should bring their own toto when he wants to do that thing na, as them don put their hand inside him marry complete.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by TruthinAction: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
Discus with your wife how you both can empower a few of them to own their own businesses. Tell her you don't want them to keep coming to the house to eat. You can help from a distance. They should work with their hands no matter how small the business is.
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by MaaziIgbokwe(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
Op.....This is a cross you have to carry, the lord will grease your elbow... Overpopulation has done more harm to Nigeria than bad government

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
Choi see as local man dn tire
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
IFSHR:
Relocate to a place where the tfare is like 2000 to and fro.
2000naira? Thats small.. They should relocate to niger state. Let me see how they will travel and meet him.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by AuroraB(f): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ninobraw:

If your wife weren't earning money, you'd have flogged her back to her parent's. Bros, even if you were rich, you'll still feel this way about your in-laws, nekwe gi undecided

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by duality(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Yankee101:
Oga your problem is not the family, pray to eaen more money.

If you don't have enough resources to have free food available for people in need on your house, its poverty.

Ask God for more resources, not divorce.

You people just throw around the word " poverty" like clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by nanauju(f): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
poverty is too bad,it will make you behave abnormal and think weird things,what better joy will a man have if his in-laws come to his place and he will feed them very well and even given them transport money when going,when my in-laws use to come to my house I usually prepare nsala soup myself for them with catfish and oldlayers,poverty it shall not be well with you.

Please keep quiet! Because your own don ready ready no mean say another person own no go done

Be humble
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
BareFacedLies:

So he should bankrupt himself because he wants to be generous?
no mind them..it is easy for them to spew rubbish on public forum without thinking through
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Hushmoni: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
The fact is that your the one that is poor, it's better you accept that, why must you be complaining of your in-law eating what you have. It's better you leave their sister for them, I can see that she's the one feeding you. MUGU
Re: Tired Of My Marriage by adecz: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
▶️▶️⏭️� I sight a staunch member of
The "Stingy Men's Association Of Nigeria"❌❎❌

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of My Marriage by Seunhezy: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
This one na everyday na,,,there are many things that kills faster than death itself grin grin
okoroemeka:
poverty is too bad,it will make you behave abnormal and think weird things,what better joy will a man have if his in-laws come to his place and he will feed them very well and even given them transport money when going,when my in-laws use to come to my house I usually prepare nsala soup myself for them with catfish and oldlayers,poverty it shall not be well with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I Suspect My Wife / Wife Burns Husband's Official Documents In Lagos Over His Adulterous Acts / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.