Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? (12608 Views)

I Hate Being Broke- What Skill Can I Learn Today? / What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC? / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by onotuventures: 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
sirblend:

It's better you get a laptop.
Pls what features does one need in a laptop to learn graphic design and video editing?
I'll appreciate your advice.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Cutezt(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
I realize that I need like 20 above to get a PC that I can work with and it will be a lot of struggling for me to raise that kind of amount thats why I decided to ask for help.

20 what? Lmao, you are not serious about learning then. If you will be learning with full HD camera footage, the least pc is maybe 80k, if you can get a core i5 or higher with at least 8gb ram and 64bit, even at that, it will still be dragging a lot, so you will need a lot of patience to use it. We will talk about graphics card later when you are advanced.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by MedicalSamwise(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
I realize that I need like 20 above to get a PC that I can work with and it will be a lot of struggling for me to raise that kind of amount thats why I decided to ask for help.

20k or 200k?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by infofta(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
For you to be a professional video Editor you need some graphic design ideas. A video Editor works with graphic software and video editing software. You need to know how to use photoshop and basic knowledge of animation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by LandMann: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05

Things are very difficult for Nigerians now so you may find it difficult getting someone to give you any laptop you believe they're not using.

If you believe in your goal and you are ready to work hard to achieve it yourself without waiting for one helper somewhere, I will suggest you use the phone you have now to start doing freelance work till you raise enough money to buy your own laptop.

Go to QA and Gotranscript. Register there and start transcribing... Look for those who have excess work on nairaland and help them do it. Before the year ends you'll make enough money to buy a good laptop to facilitate your learning and even pay for training or premium courses.

If you finish learning, go to Upwork and Fiverr and set up your account there and start making money without waiting for anyone to help you.

This route is not going to be easy... You'll suffer and become frustrated along the way. But if you persevere, you'll come out successful within one year.

If you keep hoping on Nigerians to come and help you, bro you'll be delayed from achieving your goals.

Just look for way to be earning foreign currency small small with your phone first before thinking of learning those skills.

All the best

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Yusy0041: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:

That's nice too but phone will always have limits to what computer can do
Bro pls i also want to learn more on graphics
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by sirblend: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
onotuventures:

Pls what features does one need in a laptop to learn graphic design and video editing?
I'll appreciate your advice.
It' depend on the kind of app you would be using for graphic design and video editing.
But I would suggest you go for a minimum of 8gb ram/corei5 laptop with a very large hard disk of 500GB for a start.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Daniluv1(m): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:
andyblinks05

Things are very difficult for Nigerians now so you may find it difficult getting someone to give you any laptop you believe they're not using.

If you believe in your goal and you are ready to work hard to achieve it yourself without waiting for one helper somewhere, I will suggest you use the phone you have now to start doing freelance work till you raise enough money to buy your own laptop.

Go to QA and Gotranscript. Register there and start transcribing... Look for those who have excess work on nairaland and help them do it. Before the year ends you'll make enough money to buy a good laptop to facilitate your learning and even pay for training or premium courses.

If you finish learning, go to Upwork and Fiverr and set up your account there and start making money without waiting for anyone to help you.

This route is not going to be easy... You'll suffer and become frustrated along the way. But if you persevere, you'll come out successful within one year.

If you keep hoping on Nigerians to come and help you, bro you'll be delayed from achieving your goals.

Just look for way to be earning foreign currency small small with your phone first before thinking of learning those skills.

All the best

Please can you explain more about the QA and gotranscript you talked about and how to make good use of it. I really don't the part you talked about helping those with excess jobs on nairaland
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Enskynelson(m): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
SecretReporter:
Please nairaland don't do any business with prince Gozie, he is a known fraudster and he his behind most fake Employment scheme on nairaland and Facebook, only GOD knows his intentions, I have more than two different group he has created to defraud people, his phone and details are in my wall, together we can remove fruad and save young girls from kidnapping....this is his number 07030507482[color=#990000][/color]
Please put the evidence of his dubious activities alongside your claim. Some persons have ended up spoiling people biz in this manner.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Sleekfingers: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:
andyblinks05

All the best

can you lists jobs one can do with a phone..kinda interested
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by kompolon(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Yes you can simultaneously learn the two. Graphics is an integral part of editing.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by kroger: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

Bro, we are both in the same boat. I'm currently learning Web Programming and I plan to start full practical on Graphics Design, UI/UX, and 3d design.
The painful part is that I don't have a computer but, I recently found a way to learn everything with my phone. I just discovered that I could run lots of these apps and programming languages on my phone.
Have you heard of ExaGear before? That is what I am currently trying to run in my phone. It allows me run PC software on my phone which means I can practice my designs with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Maya etc all on my phone by using a PC emulator. Read more about PC emulators and join me as we go against all odds to learn the skills that we love with or without a computer.

Wow I like your energy to learn against all odds. Send me a PM. Laptop is yours.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by awoofawoo: 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Where are you learning?
Unbiased1:

Bro, we are both in the same boat. I'm currently learning Web Programming and I plan to start full practical on Graphics Design, UI/UX, and 3d design.
The painful part is that I don't have a computer but, I recently found a way to learn everything with my phone. I just discovered that I could run lots of these apps and programming languages on my phone.
Have you heard of ExaGear before? That is what I am currently trying to run in my phone. It allows me run PC software on my phone which means I can practice my designs with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Maya etc all on my phone by using a PC emulator. Read more about PC emulators and join me as we go against all odds to learn the skills that we love with or without a computer.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by mrkings84(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
So I learned today that the word strengths is the longest English word with one vowel....

4 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by wasol: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

God bless you beloved for the encouragement you've given to Andy, please I will love to get more details on how to start the programming with my Android phone as well.
Thanks for the information and God bless you.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
bro we r in the same boat can i reach u via whatsapp?
Unbiased1:

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Johnnyessence(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
Yes, you can learn the skills simultaneously.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Johnnyessence(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:
andyblinks05

All the best
you are very right with this good advice you gave him here.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by LandMann: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
Sleekfingers:

can you lists jobs one can do with a phone..kinda interested

Daniluv1:

Please can you explain more about the QA and gotranscript you talked about and how to make good use of it. I really don't the part you talked about helping those with excess jobs on nairaland

Transcription (QA, GoTranscript, Fiverr, Upwork)

Data Entry/Collection and other micro jobs like creating emails, reading emails, etc. (Mturk)

Captcha solving (for earning crypto... painfully slow process to earn money for extremely lazy People, I have never tried this personally)

There are others. Just ask the question on Google and you'll get answers. Read wide beyond Nairaland. Don't wait for anybody to give you all information. Do your own research by asking Google and reading a lot or watching YouTube videos for guidance.

I don't know everything but I used GoTranscript and QA till I became extremely good and moved to better paying platforms mentioned above.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:

My friend start with what you have.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by vioment: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
It depends on your brain power
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Wakanakarue: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

Wow I love this, I also ve interest in graphic design, ui/ux, I am based in pH, we can be friends and encourage each other

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by naturefellow(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:

do you know how much editing you can do on your phone with Inshot alone?

If you really want to do videography or graphics design, forget the limitations. Do it with what you have, even if it's a phone. But get a decent camera phone. Better if you have a laptop with at least core i3 processor.

For now, focus your energy on one skill only. It needs all your attention to master it fast. Get a mentor, or be an apprentice/intern/assistant to a working professional to learn even faster.
Only after this can you branch out, and explore other skills.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Sleekfingers: 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
LandMann:

Transcription (QA, GoTranscript, Fiverr, Upwork)

Data Entry/Collection and other micro jobs like creating emails, reading emails, etc. (Mturk)

Captcha solving (for earning crypto... painfully slow process to earn money for extremely lazy People, I have never tried this personally)

There are others. Just ask the question on Google and you'll get answers. Read wide beyond Nairaland. Don't wait for anybody to give you all information. Do your own research by asking Google and reading a lot or watching YouTube videos for guidance.

I don't know everything but I used GoTranscript and QA till I became extremely good and moved to better paying platforms mentioned above.

thanks...jah bless

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Offpoint1: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
After forth and back about deciding what Skills to learn and what to do with my life, I decided to learn some skills (even though it will served as a side hustle). The skills I want to learn is video editing/ Graphics design. I choosed them based on interest.
Now my question here now is, Are the skills worth investing resources and time to learn?
Will I be able to get customer's to earn from ?
Will it be possible to learn both skills simultaneously?

And pls I do realize that some people have things that they don't use again and instead of giving them out they tend to stack it away in the store or basement. For me to achieve my aim I wish someone would help me out with his/her laptop that is no longer at use whether faulty or not, it will go a longer longer way in helping start up.

Thanks in anticipation
Andy
As a professional graphics designer with 7 years of experience, my advice to you is:

Start with one, MASTER IT before you proceed to others.

Start with Graphics, reason being "it's the first to make you money" there's high demand of graphics daily.

If you're starting with graphics: Learn illustrator first if you intend breaking into international freelance platforms and Add photoshop, and inDesign to it.

If you intend focusing on local market, learn Coreldraw and photoshop.

If you master the above, you can start learning motion Graphics... (using After Effects)

Get a pc with at least 6-8 GB of Ram, icore 3 and above, hdd can be from 120 GB and above.

Reasons I'm suggesting you start with Graphics:

*Video editing... you'll need a very good and expensive PC with good graphics card, RAM and Processor. (without this, Rendering will frustrate you till you give up)

*You need to be extremely good before you even consider taking jobs...

Going for the 2 at once will lead to abandoning all, because you'll never feel satisfied with yourself or progress.

14 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by Anselem4289: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

please how can I get your phone number I want to ask you something concerning exagear please, thanks dear.
Re: Can I Learn Both Skills Simultaneously? by SaintUlot: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unbiased1:

You can't compare a phone with a laptop, they are incomparable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Women Are Locked Out Of Nigeria’s Construction Industry / Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? / Celebrating High Flying Nigerian Businesswomen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.