Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game (55424 Views)

Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable / Ivory Coast Vs Ethiopia AFCON Qualifier Referee Collapses During Match (Photos) / Moussa Dembele Collapses During Training (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by phemmyfour: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
openmine:
Na wa ohh
Too many matches for an European based player!
No rest or even a single break!
From a hectic season in their respective clubs to friendly matches and then to a tournament!

I expected UEFA and the national teams to allow these players atleast two weeks to rest!
They are not robots or guinea pigs!

I know some will say they are paid heavily for such strenuous engagement but these players are human beings and go through a lot!
That's not the reason. Fatigue isn't the same as heart attack.

How many matches were they playing when Vivien foe et al lost their lives on the pitch
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Jh0wsef(m): 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
RichBoy247:

Who are the "we"?

We the football fans.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by motionarena: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
He is stable now.

Lord there is nothing you cannot do

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Ropostic120(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
[ it seems they have stopped the match
quote author=theoneJabulani
post=102653584]All attempts are being made to resuscitate him[/quote]
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by caprini1: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
RichBoy247:

Who are the "we"?
The football loving community.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by angelfallz(m): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
Possible fatigue
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by WibusJaga: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Thank God for the responsive medical team that know their onions.
Oyibos are enjoying a system where things work.

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
Football not easy man,I'm not sure I can play 45mins again.Would have needed multiple CPR to revive me
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by weezyk(m): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
theoneJabulani:
All attempts are being made to resuscitate him

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field late in the first half of his team’s game against Finland at Euro 2020 on Saturday in Copenhagen.

Eriksen was walking alone near the touchline in the 42nd minute when he appeared to stumble and then fall forward. His teammates immediately sensed urgent trouble, rushing to him and waving frantically for trainers to come to his aid.

The players, some of them in tears, then formed a circle to shield Eriksen as the medical teams performed urgent care on the player as he lay on the grass. At one point, television images showed a trainer performing chest compressions on Eriksen.

Trainers and medical teams worked on Eriksen on the field for nearly 20 minutes before transferring him onto a stretcher and carrying him off the field.

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfLjb6Yjgo
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by openmine(m): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
He is awake!
Thank God!
He has been transferred to the hospital
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Stoicbaba(m): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
Alhaamade:
Na wa ohh
Too many matches for an European based player!
No rest or even a single break!
From a hectic season in their respective clubs to friendly matches and then to a tournament!

I expected UEFA and the national teams to allow these players atleast two weeks to rest!
They are not robots or guinea pigs!

I know some will say they are paid heavily for such strenuous engagement but these players are human beings and go through a lot![left][/left]

Those players are not forced to play these matches...they are reviewed by the best sport doctors...

If you know how many hours I put in to earn...and all is my making, no one forced me...so, hey!! He is doing his job...
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by caprini1: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
phemmyfour:
That's not the reason. Fatigue isn't the same as heart attack.

How many matches were they playing when Vivien foe et al lost their lives on the pitch
Or Sam Okwaraji? The human body is like a well built machine ,that can also malfunction at any given time, without any sign.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Mehnnnnnnn, the scene was something else, the fans were praying, the wife was crying
Erikson pls we still need u in the world of soccer, get well soon brother
This [/s]cardiac arrest[s] I HV message for u, we really need u in Aso Rock. Abeg go their straight, somebody wey suppose get the cardiac arrest and attach u leave am go arrest an innocent and hustling guy

Too early to speculate... not enough medical evidence to support your claim
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by insidelife22(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
egorov:
Eriksson will come out alive in Jesus name.

He's awake and conscious
thank God oh
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by phemmyfour: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
caprini1:
Or Sam Okwaraji? The human body is like a well built machine ,that can also malfunction at any given time, without any sign.
Exactly
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by phemmyfour: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Official statement from UEFA: "Following the medical emergency involving Denmark's player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials. The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised."
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by cloud(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Stoicbaba:

Those players are not forced to play these matches...they are reviewed by the best sport doctors...

If you know how many hours I put in to earn...and all is my making, no one forced me...so, hey!! He is doing his job...
my friend go and sit down. No one asked you how much you earn or your commitment towards your job. Have a heart, this thread wasn't opened for insensitive comments like this

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by bubu2019: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
If na Nigeria Dem go use cold pure water kill him

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by engrjacuzzi: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
It's worth suspending the match. Fatigue has really caught up with Eriksen
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Skymason20(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good news , he is okay now. Quick recovery erik!!
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by solidokb96(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
God please don't let anything happen to eriksen please.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by KingDash: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
theoneJabulani:
All attempts are being made to resuscitate him
e no pai?
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by princenomics: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Just heard from BBC, he is awake and waiting for further medical treatment. Thanks to the medical team, players opponent and fans for their prompt response, support and prayers.
If na for naija, na express way to six feet below.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Chuzoetoh(m): 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2021
Swealy:
The way it looks it's like Eriksen is dead
you're not okay in the head, seek help.

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by DJInfluence: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
Thank God say no be for onikan stadium or national stadium Surulere this thing happen. Na Okwaraji story the thing for turn to.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by oneTIMEman(m): 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nawaoo

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by oneTIMEman(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
He will be fine

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by KingDash: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
you no well you go dey play ball, you die na family members go share ya benefits mumu erikson.
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by oneTIMEman(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
29 year old?
Re: Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game by mrkings84(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Thank God he made it alive. Am relieved!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim Footballers Who Celebrated 2020 Christmas On Social Media (Photos) / Coronavirus: Paulo Dybala Tests Positive For Fourth Time In Six Weeks / Rashford Makes Virgil VanDijk Crawl On The Pitch. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.