Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks (15762 Views)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / "How A Little Girl Almost Ruined My Life" / How My Mom Ruined My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by flokii: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
Something needs to be done about these loan sharks or apps or whatever they call themselves before we'll witness a surge in suicide cases in the country.. I mean how will you just send out damaging msgs about a person to their contacts tagging them as criminals, fraudsters and other unprintable names. o wrong now.

What if the boss or spouse of that person sees it, you'll ruin the person's life just like that because of 50 - 100k debt. Our govt. needs ro wake up o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by FrancisEjen: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
You didn't State the initial amount you borrowed,so that we can avoid borrowing from that particular amount that will cause us to take our lives... lol ogbeni farabale.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Dexpro: 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
OP, you're really neck deep with this loan shark people but that's not a reason to contemplate suicide. Never.

Now listen to my story. I hope everyone on this thread would learn.

I wasn't tied down by loan sharks. But somehow, my debt was standing at about a million plus as at 1st Jan. 2021. Mind you my monthly salary is 100k with some lil change on it. A very corporate job. Things went south to the extent my creditors came to report me to my boss.

I wasn't shaken. Matter was taken to NSCDC and I was detained. My wife was terribly disturbed. And agreement was entered because I made it clear I won't excrete money in detention. My boss came to bail me. Did my analysis and came to the conclusion that my 100k salary can never offset the debt.

My hustling instinct kicked in. I left the 100k per month job. I went and stored my certificates. Took up keke driving on higher purchase. I make an average of 9k daily. On Saturdays, I make close to 15k. I pay 17k weekly for the keke. Every week, I stash up 40k(160k in a month.)

I've been paying 150k monthly. I can't come and go and kill my self(Street slang) grin

I'm a graduate with many professional qualifications. But the system we find ourselves is bleeped up.

Oga get creative. Think outside the box and abort this suicidal thoughts.

It is well with you.

48 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Sanguine(f): 12:27am On Jun 13, 2021
Dear OP, please don't mind those people telling you not to contemplate suicide. You're very free to contemplate suicide or any of its accomplices, and actually commit it. Nobody will miss you, because nobody actually really cares!

But if you love yourself, suicide is never an option. Like somebody said, it's a straight way to hell. But then again, you apparently don't even like yourself. So please feel free and suit yourself. It is a free world plus, this country is already overpopulated!

God bless you, in Cahpeerule lehrers!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Daniel058(m): 3:34am On Jun 13, 2021
How did that happen? You can't be able to get up to #10,000 From them as first time borrower .Op say the truth! Did you get the loan and use it for gambling?. You said you earn 100k monthly? And you signed up just yesterday.... cry
cry
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by irijuola: 3:53am On Jun 13, 2021
Curious345:
Please can we see your picture ..

You shouldn't be ashamed of showing yourself since your back is already againt the wall ..

Post your pics here and get 100k from me direct
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by uboma(m): 7:01am On Jun 13, 2021
ogashman:
Op is a liar

How were u able to accumulate up to #700k as a first timer?

Again, u said u couldn't pay the first loan because it was at the middle of the month and u have not received salary, so what happened to the salary u received at the end of that month and subsequent months?

I guess you failed to read the initial post by the op. He never said he is a first timer. According to him, he's been involved in continuous borrowing.... How does continuous borrowing translate to being a first timer?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by uboma(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2021
Daniel058:
How did that happen? You can't be able to get up to #10,000 From them as first time borrower .Op say the truth! Did you get the loan and use it for gambling?. You said you earn 100k monthly? And you signed up just yesterday.... cry
cry

Having a betting app on his phone, I am sure that he's addicted to gambling too.

3 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Assurance20(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2021
There was a time I used about 5 loan apps, & honestly the interest is like 20% or more for 2weeks loan or less, & the sooner you pay, the higher your ratings to access higher loans. At a point in time, a popular loan app(used for over 3years) even offered me #90,000 loan to pay back monthly(high interest rate) within 6months. I was so engrossed in these apps that before I knew what was happening I was borrowing from one app to pay another loan, the interest rates are so ridiculous that if not careful, you will keep living in debts, To cut the long story short, I was oweing 5 loan apps about 250k. It took me nothing less than 7 months to pay off all the debts & I deleted all the apps & decided never to borrow again.

Even after I deleted the app, one of the major apps kept calling that I'm one of their good clients with good ratings, & kept asking why I don't take loans again, they kept on with sweet talks & even offered much higher loans cheesy, I just laughed angry yeye people

The only reason you could have owed so much is either you are an Addicted sport bettor or undisciplined crypto trader, one bad thing about sport betting is if addicted(talking from experience), you'll keep borrowing to chase losses hoping you will win to settle the debts but you would end up in more debts, & for crypto trading, never fomo or buy assets@ All time high,& most importantly don't invest more than you can lose.

Advice: Man up & look for a way to pay all the debts & delete those apps, Trust me the interest they offer are outrageous & it only takes the grace of God to remain sane once you are trapped in their debts.

Your life is far worth more than #700k.
I can offer to borrow you about #200k without interest to pay back either monthly at an agreed amount if you're genuine...

Tough time don't last, only tough people do smiley

19 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by HUSTLER001: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2021
Dexpro:
OP, you're really neck deep with this loan shark people but that's not a reason to contemplate suicide. Never.

Now listen to my story. I hope everyone on this thread would learn.

I wasn't tied down by loan sharks. But somehow, my debt was standing at about a million plus as at 1st Jan. 2021. Mind you my monthly salary is 100k with some lil change on it. A very corporate job. Things went south to the extent my creditors came to report me to my boss.

I wasn't shaken. Matter was taken to NSCDC and I was detained. My wife was terribly disturbed. And agreement was entered because I made it clear I won't excrete money in detention. My boss came to bail me. Did my analysis and came to the conclusion that my 100k salary can never offset the debt.

My hustling instinct kicked in. I left the 100k per month job. I went and stored my certificates. Took up keke driving on higher purchase. I make an average of 9k daily. On Saturdays, I make close to 15k. I pay 17k weekly for the keke. Every week, I stash up 40k(160k in a month.)

I've been paying 150k monthly. I can't come and go and kill my self(Street slang) grin

I'm a graduate with many professional qualifications. But the system we find ourselves is bleeped up.

Oga get creative. Think outside the box and abort this suicidal thoughts.

It is well with you.
strong man!

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by somehow: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2021
There was a time I was in more than 4m debt due to a failed business.

Why would you want to kill yourself because of ₦700k?

If you think you're alone in this, then you're wrong.

There are people passing through worse case scenario but still optimistic

At least you have a job. Sit down and put pen to paper, plan an exit route, contact all the loan apps and draft out a repayment plan with them

Divert 50% of your earnings towards offsetting them on installmental basis.

You will be alright laslas

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by ruggedtimi(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2021
Ivebeenafool:
Good evening lalsticlala and nairalanders,

I hope this makes front page.

Sometimes last year, I had an accommodation issue and I needed money to bail myself out of it,I called friends to borrow from bit none was forthcoming, so I delved into the world of loan sharks and that was where my life was ruined without any hope or remedy.
I have a job and I earn over 100k per month, the money I borrowed initially was what I could have paid comfortably without bathing an eyelid, but the problem is that these fintech and loan sharks can only give you a loan to pay back in one week with outrageous interests. When the loan I took matured, I didn't have money immediately to offset it because it was not the end of the month, I now borrowed from another loan app (these apps are designed in such a way that you must grant them access to your contacts, so that if you default for even a day, they will pull your contacts and send damaging messages to your contacts). So it has now become a continuous cycle of borrowing from one loan app to pay another to the extent that I'm now owing about 700k in loans, that's how bad and vicious it has become, everyday of the week, I receive one threatening message or the other and being a staff of an organisation, I try as much as possible to pay so that it doesn't get to my bosses in the office and now I'm in a quagmire, all efforts to come out of this have proved abortive, my family keep asking me what is wrong with me, the house I rented is a out to expire and I have no hope of renewing the rent because of loans with outrageous interests. I've sold the little property that I was able to acquire, all in a bid to get out of it but all to no avail.
This evening now, they are going to send damaging texts to my contacts but I don't care anymore, 'cos I'm going to end it all (20 tablets of diazepam 5mg will do the job and it will be painless, I will only sleep and wake up in eternity) I only pity my poor mum.
Please nairalanders, learn from bad experience, no matter what you are going through, never borrow money from any loan app, even if you are so sure of paying, something might go wrong and you will end up worst than ever.
My friends don't even pick my call anymore, because they know it's money I'm going to ask of, I'm tired and worn out, I had to let the girl I want to marry go because I can't drag another person's daughter into my mess, I'm no longer mentally stable, at a point my boss noticed and asked me why I always lose concentration, I just told him I'm fine.
Lalasticlala please take my post to front page so that others can learn from me.
baba relax...I am owing one of this loan app 6k for two years now. Never pay. They can't do shit. One recently threatened to post my pictures on social media.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Dexpro: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2021
HUSTLER001:
strong man!
My brother, wetin man go do?
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Sanchez01: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2021
The scenario here is very simple; you kept on borrowing from various loan sharks as a result of your credit rating and never bothered to pay back. You probably enjoyed the idea of getting "free" credit alert, so much so that you squandered the whole thing on what doesn't make sense. Say you kept borrowing; what prevented you from making repayments when you earn about a N100k monthly, even if it was in bits?

I know most people with a lifestyle of borrowing barely have savings, which accounts for why you resorted to selling your properties but what happened to your salary while you borrowed to the tune of N700k (which I find unbelievable BTW)? I wouldn't advise you to take your own life. Think of the pain you and the scar you'd be inflicting on your family. Live through the shame, slave and work to pay them back. Inform your bosses, line manager, or supervisor and tell them you are being threatened. This will help cushion the effect of these sharks informing your colleagues and bosses.

Finally, NEVER borrow from loan sharks! Anyone who is a regular with them can never amount to a thing.

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by AeroplaneApple: 9:25am On Jun 13, 2021
Don't borrow if you can't pay back. Avoid loan apps They are loan sharks and their percentage is too much
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by AAbuja: 9:30am On Jun 13, 2021
ruggedtimi:
baba relax...I am owing one of this loan app 6k for two years now. Never pay. They can't do shit. One recently threatened to post my pictures on social media.

As at April I was owning one 15k with its accumulated interest. They called my late mum's number
they called my Dad and my ex fiancé and her mother. Imagine the Shame I faced??
The day I payed... I deleted all the loan apps.

Now I am in dire need again, I am trying to see if there is any app that can give me upto 65, 000 but guess what grin the phone I am using operates Android kitkat4.4.2
Those apps doesn't work on my current phone grin they don't support my phone

Peradventure anyone wants to help me with a personal loan that i can pay in 6 months spread please kindly reach out to me. Happy Sunday and stay blessed
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by ihatebuhari(f): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2021
UnknownT:
Liquidate the assets you have in your Binance account and pay some.
Like someone explained for a first timer, it will be impossible to owe upto 700k even if you are owing all the fintech loan sharks because none can give you upto a reasonable amount. For someone that earns about 100k, which amount did the first loan shark borrow you (plus it's accumulated interest), also how much did the 2nd loan shark borrow you (plus it's interest) that you couldn't offset when salary came? Maybe you were not even offsetting the loans and they went that high. If your rent is above your monthly salary, I doubt any of these loan sharks can lend a first timer more than 100k at first time

Picture attached:
April I got the first sms, I called the guy involved, he was laughing about it, I asked him the amount he was given, he said 5k.
May, I got the 2nd sms. I haven't got another one again, maybe he has finally paid up grin grin
hahaha
Hahaha
Hahaha
What kinda text is that? Just because of 5k loan
Mehn has Africa got to this level?

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2021
AAbuja:

As at April I was owning one 15k with its accumulated interest. They called my late mum's number
they called my Dad and my ex fiancé and her mother. Imagine the Shame I faced??
The day I payed... I deleted all the loan apps.

Now I am in dire need again, I am trying to see if there is any app that can give me upto 65, 000 but guess what grin the phone I am using operates Android kitkat4.4.2
Those apps doesn't work on my current phone grin they don't support my phone

Peradventure anyone wants to help me with a personal loan that i can pay in 6 months spread please kindly reach out to me. Happy Sunday and stay blessed

You’re looking for a 65k loan to pay back in 6 months and you went as far as graduating to a fiancé; not even Friends With Benefits...

Come Una no de fear poverty for this country? Abi na because them no list am as mortal sin ?

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Robert777789(f): 10:25am On Jun 13, 2021
your story shocked me! I sympathize with you. but I do not think that all credit organizations are scammers. you can find many good and safe organizations that will give you credit and will not cheat you. I am sure that you should familiarize yourself with the services of this company in more detail. I took installment loans online last week and do not regret it. i am sure they are reliable and i can trust them
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by AAbuja: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2021
iamadonis2:

You’re looking for a 65k loan to pay back in 6 months and you went as far as graduating to a fiancé; not even Friends With Benefits...

Come Una no de fear poverty for this country? Abi na because them no list am as mortal sin ?
You judge me based on a single post which is fine.
You don't have to become a millionaire before you do some things, moreover you should understand the difference between fiancé and being married or wedding

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by pateffy: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2021
I believe the person because have been there before, how it got to 700k is very possible here is how it happens every time he pays a particular loan they increase the loan so he can collect more , he collects it hoping to solve some problem and pay back , now the 700k is not just one app it's alot of apps he can owe a app like carbon 70k , quick check 70k, fair money 100k, e.t.c. with interest

Bros don't commit suicide o, you will come out of it gradually, just keep on telling people and when you pay a particular app don't go back to borrow from the app to use it to pay another app, that's always the culprit,

3 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Mostcharming(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2021
I believe ur story and a good lesson is to be learnt here cause same thing happened to me.. don’t ever use funds from a loan app to offset due payment from another app. About a couple of months ago I was in need of cash urgently but the time frame given was so short but I had no choice, when the loan payment was due I registered another loan app to pay for the first Nd like that the non ending cycle started. How borrowing 10k for 14days turned to a 150k debt for me still baffles me. But Thank God I made up my mind to stop the crazy cycle n offset all bills with hardwork. I’m NEVER EVER using any of those apps EVER again.

14 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by ReacherSaidNoth: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2021
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2021
AAbuja:

You judge me based on a single post which is fine.
You don't have to become a millionaire before you do some things, moreover you should understand the difference between fiancé and being married or wedding

My guy grin grin

No loud am. No loud am. We de catch cruise
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by November24(f): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2021
My brother,I was there before,man up bro,ur name will be destroyed if you commit suicide. As long as you will pay back relax,you can even tell them you will be paying like 5k each monthly.

Send me ur phone let's talj

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by sisisioge: 11:13am On Jun 13, 2021
UnknownT:
Liquidate the assets you have in your Binance account and pay some.
Like someone explained for a first timer, it will be impossible to owe upto 700k even if you are owing all the fintech loan sharks because none can give you upto a reasonable amount. For someone that earns about 100k, which amount did the first loan shark borrow you (plus it's accumulated interest), also how much did the 2nd loan shark borrow you (plus it's interest) that you couldn't offset when salary came? Maybe you were not even offsetting the loans and they went that high. If your rent is above your monthly salary, I doubt any of these loan sharks can lend a first timer more than 100k at first time

Picture attached:
April I got the first sms, I called the guy involved, he was laughing about it, I asked him the amount he was given, he said 5k.
May, I got the 2nd sms. I haven't got another one again, maybe he has finally paid up grin grin

Wow! Those text were really bad. I guess the new generation fintechs have gotten ruthless with their recovery. Back then they weren't that aggressive with the recovery, they'd rather plead for the repayment. But if you look at the matter from these fintechs' point of view, people owe them in scary millions that would make you wonder if the debtors have conscience at all. To make matters worse, some are so determined with their default that they would even insult the agents, discard their sins or even stop using their bank accounts. No wonder they decided to shame them like that. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Imagine a company having over 500million in over due loans to a multitude of 5k crooners...na war o.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Sariel(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Man like me, I pray you will be better soon.
Good luck, you'll need it.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Klass99(f): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
smiley
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by iiamharkinwaley: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sorry man

I Buy Bulk BTC @ 498/$

Best rate here ���

Tel : 07044718874

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Continue With The Relationship? (25+ Only) / Help! He Can't Beat His Wife Anymore (She Learnt Karate) / Boy Abandoned By His Father At 5 Turns Out To Be The Lawyer Who Saved Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.