Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks (15761 Views)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / "How A Little Girl Almost Ruined My Life" / How My Mom Ruined My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Spiritmask: 2:48am On Jul 25, 2021
This loan shark are killing me, I want to pay them, but if they disturb me too much, I will not pay again, but for branch, any time money enter my hand, I will pay them off
Owing them for more than 2 weeks, but they are not aggressive. But for lcredit, they should get ready to take me to court. After sending message to my contacts and calling them, they still want me to pay.

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Papygwan: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Assurance20:
There was a time I used about 5 loan apps, & honestly the interest is like 20% or more for 2weeks loan or less, & the sooner you pay, the higher your ratings to access higher loans. At a point in time, a popular loan app(used for over 3years) even offered me #90,000 loan to pay back monthly(high interest rate) within 6months. I was so engrossed in these apps that before I knew what was happening I was borrowing from one app to pay another loan, the interest rates are so ridiculous that if not careful, you will keep living in debts, To cut the long story short, I was oweing 5 loan apps about 250k. It took me nothing less than 7 months to pay off all the debts & I deleted all the apps & decided never to borrow again.

Even after I deleted the app, one of the major apps kept calling that I'm one of their good clients with good ratings, & kept asking why I don't take loans again, they kept on with sweet talks & even offered much higher loans cheesy, I just laughed angry yeye people

The only reason you could have owed so much is either you are an Addicted sport bettor or undisciplined crypto trader, one bad thing about sport betting is if addicted(talking from experience), you'll keep borrowing to chase losses hoping you will win to settle the debts but you would end up in more debts, & for crypto trading, never fomo or buy assets@ All time high,& most importantly don't invest more than you can lose.

Advice: Man up & look for a way to pay all the debts & delete those apps, Trust me the interest they offer are outrageous & it only takes the grace of God to remain sane once you are trapped in their debts.

Your life is far worth more than #700k.
I can offer to borrow you about #200k without interest to pay back either monthly at an agreed amount if you're genuine...

Tough time don't last, only tough people do smiley

Undisciplined Forex trading is what got me where I am

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by destiny4luv(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Loan sharks terrible people they can give someone heart attack especially when u don't have the means to pay back. I have gotten messages of people they tagged criminals not just them but their entire family, and even if such person's pay back the damage has already been done. They was one they sent me about a lady I knew, I called her she said she is no longer paying since they have already drag her and her family to the mud. I just laugh; but such messages can break someone with a soft heart totally. Let me share my younger brother's experience with them. I didn't know not until he did what he did with different loan shark app before he decided to share with me. He works with a construction company for about two years before the contract ended and he was out of job. While working he didn't invest anything at all, God help him, so the thing tell on him after few months without a job, the pay off he was given he managed it for sometime till he eventually finished all. He was now really down financially, sometimes he called me and I do send him money, but I always advice him to look for something to be doing until he gets a job and be wise and discipline this time around if he secured anther job.

So according to him, instead of sitting at home thinking his life and mistakes he as made financially, he decided to meet a friend who owns a business center close to him to be assisting him in his business. His friend's business center is close to one higher institution so he is always busy and always having lots of customers, so the friend agreed that he should join him for the time being. So his major job there was online registration like NYSC, JAMB, registration, online job application like Npower, FRSC, Army, any federal job registration online that was what he was doing and sharing the percentage of what he makes daily with his friend. While his friend just focus on other stuff like typing, photocopy, project work etc.

U know any federal job u are applying for always require ur Gmail or email address. And my younger brother according to him after he has scanned any required documents of the person applying for any job he transfered them to his phone and use his phone to complete the registration process. And some job requirements after putting ur Gmail and password they send u a link to ur Gmail to complete the registration which my brother will now use his phone to login to the person's mail and complete the process. Now according to my brother he did lots of registration especially Npower so he has access to lots of customers mail and some will even call him to be checking their mail for them Incase any update. So my brother automatically has different new contacts on his phone over a thousand phone contacts of people he didn't know. How come, he said most people contact are linked to their mail, so whenever he logs into such account of any of his customers the contact automatically save in his phone with the person's name too. He said he deleted and deleted but at a time he got tired and just live them because customers will always come on a daily basis for the same thing.

Along the line I guess he was making much more money than expected the friend became jealous with the sharing formula and decided to put him on monthly salary of 20k, for someone that is making at least 3k per day my brother declined the offer and they parted ways. Things became tough for him again. So one day he has no money and decided to borrow money from this loan sharks, according to him, transfered all his personal contact to his small phone and deleted all of them from his big phone, so the only contacts on his Android phone was people he never knew and people who don't know him too as a result of different customer Gmail he logged into and their contact detail automatically transfer to his phone.

So he applied for a loan, in one of the app, and after accessing his contacts and all that they gave him the loan 20k, when d due date to pay comes no money he download another app borrowed to pay the first one. That was how my younger brother became a professional loan shark borrower. He said he has all the loan app u can ever think of and since he will borrow from this to pay this they keep on increasing his loan. Some will give him 50k others 70k others 50k just like that until he accumulated a depth of almost a million naira.

The thing hooked him he knows they is no way he can pay back that amount without a job, he said he just simply remove his SIM card from his phone which is linked to his bvn and went to his bank block all his atm and changed his bvn phone number to a different one. This different loan app tried all means by reach him all to no avail. His Facebook account which they have, his picture is not there, because he has never posted his pics there b4, he is more of a private person and he used a different English name in that fb account they have, while his name which is in his bank account is his native name which those loan shark has and no body know my brother by his native name except family members. So no way of reaching him apart from mail of threat they sent to him on a daily basis. It's been over six months now but nobody in the family or friends knew about it, except me my brother just told of recent. They must have sent those damning and heart wrecking messages to those contacts on his phone thinking they are his contact. And those people will just be wondering who is this person because they don't know my brother and my brother don't know them.

When my brother told me, I was so angry with him I almost strangled him but I just let go. I told him why will he do a thing like that. Did he think they won't be any effect. He said the only effect that would have killed him is when they truly have his real contacts he said he would have just died because he can't withstand the embarrassment it will cost him, friends and family. He just got a job recently and I guess that's why he is confident in telling me. I told him when he balance himself he should try and payback his depths gradually. He said some of the loan sharks even sent him mail beging him to just pay only the capital and forget the interest chai that one make me laugh I say chai u don put this people for one chance. I just imagine what the op is going through, but ending ur life is not the solution. People dey lost millions and even owing millions them nor die, they find a way out and today it's history to them. Pick urself up man look for other alternatives to meet up and move on. Life goes on. God help u. Peace.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Dozis: 5:29am On Aug 09, 2021
Spiritmask:
This loan shark are killing me, I want to pay them, but if they disturb me too much, I will not pay again, but for branch, any time money enter my hand, I will pay them off
Owing them for more than 2 weeks, but they are not aggressive. But for lcredit, they should get ready to take me to court. After sending message to my contacts and calling them, they still want me to pay.
How far with these people, Lcredit and co, have you been able to pay
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Spiritmask: 9:26am On Sep 05, 2021
Dozis:

How far with these people, Lcredit and co, have you been able to pay

No
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Itswell777: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2021
I'm going through it o, borrowed from Lcredit in April, I've been paying interest on interest, I pay 11500 every 2weeks to Lcredit, which is 23000 per month out of 35k salary, because of a 40k loan, and I don't want to borrow higher to pay as the loan will keep going up.
Now I'm fed up, because of 40k I've paid this people 115k, and they want to still keep collecting it, Im scared of them sending messages to my contacts, but at this point, I'm wondering if I won't let go like this, as I'm meant to pay again today, but I don't have, will I go and borrow again?
They're killing me softly, I wonder if they'll agree for me to pay little by little.
Just confused.

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Itswell777: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2021
Assurance20:
There was a time I used about 5 loan apps, & honestly the interest is like 20% or more for 2weeks loan or less, & the sooner you pay, the higher your ratings to access higher loans. At a point in time, a popular loan app(used for over 3years) even offered me #90,000 loan to pay back monthly(high interest rate) within 6months. I was so engrossed in these apps that before I knew what was happening I was borrowing from one app to pay another loan, the interest rates are so ridiculous that if not careful, you will keep living in debts, To cut the long story short, I was oweing 5 loan apps about 250k. It took me nothing less than 7 months to pay off all the debts & I deleted all the apps & decided never to borrow again.

Even after I deleted the app, one of the major apps kept calling that I'm one of their good clients with good ratings, & kept asking why I don't take loans again, they kept on with sweet talks & even offered much higher loans cheesy, I just laughed angry yeye people

The only reason you could have owed so much is either you are an Addicted sport bettor or undisciplined crypto trader, one bad thing about sport betting is if addicted(talking from experience), you'll keep borrowing to chase losses hoping you will win to settle the debts but you would end up in more debts, & for crypto trading, never fomo or buy assets@ All time high,& most importantly don't invest more than you can lose.

Advice: Man up & look for a way to pay all the debts & delete those apps, Trust me the interest they offer are outrageous & it only takes the grace of God to remain sane once you are trapped in their debts.

I can offer to borrow you about #200k without interest to pay back either monthly at an agreed amount if you're genuine...

Bro I'd be glad if you can offer me too.
I'd be so glad as I'm confused at the moment.

I'm going through it o, borrowed from Lcredit in April, I've been paying interest on interest, I pay 11500 every 2weeks to Lcredit, which is 23000 per month out of 35k salary, because of a 40k loan, and I don't want to borrow higher to pay as the loan will keep going up.
Now I'm fed up, because of 40k I've paid this people 115k, and they want to still keep collecting it, Im scared of them sending messages to my contacts, but at this point, I'm wondering if I won't let go like this, as I'm meant to pay again today, but I don't have, will I go and borrow again?
They're killing me softly, I wonder if they'll agree for me to pay little by little.
Just confused.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Mocheeda274(f): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Assurance20:

Hello Ma’am
Please ma’am I need ur help
Early last year, I went into mini importation, I had about 500k
So I bought goods worth 380k
Wen the goods arrived, I was able to sell and I made a lot of profit and I did another importation and another one again
The last one was when I got hooked, COVID 19 happened
So my goods was stuck in China
And then rise in dollar happened, a lot of things happened. I borrowed someone about 70k till now nothing. My problem is wen the goods got to Nigeria, I did not have enough money for shipping and I started using loan Apps
So I was able to get my goods, but no sales. I was selling one by one and the money was going into bills.
Now I have about 150k to pay loan apps�☹️��.
Some are threatening to send messages to my contacts ☹️
The problem now is I just got a job in a bank and it’s not even up to a month and I’m scared they will send a message to my boss at work and I will lose my job. Ma’am I don’t want to loose my job. I’m very hardworking, I don’t know what went wrong. I have been having sleepless nights for days now. Please I need help. I don’t mind a loan
I will be paying back something every month from my salary till I finish making the payments.
I’m hooked ma’am
Help me please �����
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Mocheeda274(f): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
CrazyMan:

The question is, all the money you've been borrowing, what have you been using it for?

I got one of their messages last week, I knew the guy involved so I called him and to inquire how much the loan was that they had to embarrass him this way, I was shocked when he told me that he borrowed 14k. To be honest 14k cannot solve any financial problem for you, it won't even successfully pay your bills for a week. After promising to assist him in clearing it, he finally opened up to me that he used it to play bet9ja, I was shocked, I mean how can you collect loan from a loan shark just to play sport bet. I immediately knew that he's not the only one in this mess, so many young guys are in his shoes and that's how their lives have become useless.

You claimed to be gainfully employed and earning about a 100k...with that salary, your bank can give you a reasonable amount of loan. My advise is that you approach the bank you receive salary from and request for a loan to clear those loan sharks (Your bank should be able to give you at least 500k, with that you can clear 95% of them) then your bank can be debiting your salary gradually until your loan has been fully cleared.

Hello
Please I need ur help
Wen the goods arrived, I was able to sell and I made a lot of profit and I did another importation and another one again
And then rise in dollar happened, a lot of things happened. I borrowed someone about 70k till now nothing. My problem is wen the goods got to Nigeria, I did not have enough money for shipping and I started using loan Apps
So I was able to get my goods, but no sales. I was selling one by one and the money was going into bills.
The problem now is I just got a job in a bank and it’s not even up to a month and I’m scared they will send a message to my boss at work and I will lose my job. I don’t want to loose my job. I’m very hardworking, I don’t know what went wrong. I have been having sleepless nights for days now. Please I need help. I don’t mind a loan
I will be paying back something every month from my salary till I finish making the payments.
I’m hooked
Help me please �����
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Mocheeda274(f): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nozino:
You scammers have succeeded in ruining this forum with your scam tactics. Helping people on nairaland is now a silly thing to do. Shame!!

Hello Ma’am
Please ma’am I need ur help
The problem now is I just got a job in a bank and it’s not even up to a month and I’m scared they will send a message to my boss at work and I will lose my job. Ma’am I don’t want to loose my job. I’m very hardworking, I don’t know what went wrong. I have been having sleepless nights for days now. Please I need help. I don’t mind a loan
I’m hooked ma’am
Help me please �����
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by kronos1: 5:59am On Sep 11, 2021
Thank God op got a way out.
Only people who have borrowed or related to those who have borrowed from these loan sharks can understand.
Had to pay off my siblings own about 700k also recently, he started as little as 15k. But borrowed from one app to pay another not knowing that about 4 of these apps are owned by the same Chinese company. I didn’t believe at first also until I saw how lean he became due to thinking and almost committing suicide. Thank God he opened up and help came.

My advice is if you find yourself in this mess, swallow your pride and open up to siblings and friends on time.
The loan app won’t help reschedule your loan.
They charge almost 50% interest rate in 7days
Don’t pay one loan with another loan. Interest will quadruple and you won’t be able to pay off.

Please stay off these loan app, borrow from friends and family instead.

To those supporting the loan app saying they have T&C, those T&C are bs they themselves don’t abide by.

My sibling overpaid 9credit by about 27k, after we have written to them for over a month now, they haven’t refunded the money, instead they were suggesting he borrows the money again and he’ll pay back with interest, on top of his own money. I’m still looking for the contact they could be reported to.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by IPO1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please, i truly need your help.. I'm into Mini Importation, i lost my goods to armed robbery june this year and since then I've been struggling to meet up with life demands.
I've debts all over my neck worth about 400k.
I truly need your assistance to help get me back on my feet.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Assurance20:

Damn..... This is my life in a single post other than I'm not a bettor.
Crypto ruined me. I lost all my capital about 650k. I'm living a struggling life now. I've never borrowed money in my life but now I can't do without borrowing.

I'm currently owing 5 different loan apps plus my rent all summing to 130k. But I'm going to be paid 94k before weekend for a small contract work which I will conclude tomorrow.

Like this I'm so confused. My lawyer is threatening me. The loan apps are bombarding my phone threatening to send those messages to my contacts But I need to pay my rent first. Na now I know why people dey commit suicide.

The kind pressure way I dey now. My heart just dey pump. Omo can't wait to pay these guys o... I didn't know what I was enjoying before. Debt is the baddest thing that can happen to someone. Omoooooooo.
I don die

2 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Ameboperoo(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

Crypto ruined me. I lost all my capital about 650k. I'm living a struggling life now. I've never borrowed money in my life but now I can't do without borrowing.

I'm currently owing 5 different loan apps plus my rent all summing to 130k. But I'm going to be paid 94k before weekend for a small contract work which I will conclude tomorrow.

Like this I'm so confused. My lawyer is threatening me. The loan apps are bombarding my phone threatening to send those messages to my contacts But I need to pay my rent first. Na now I know why people dey commit suicide.

The kind pressure way I dey now. My heart just dey pump. Omo can't wait to pay these guys o... I didn't know what I was enjoying before. Debt is the baddest thing that can happen to someone. Omoooooooo.
I don die
O was in your shoes before I reason am. My blood pressure went up and I just thought if I die now, these people will still go on with the defamation and my wife and children will be affected too. So I took my time to relax my mind. Somebody says "nothing is coming down that the ground cannot take". Just relax and take things one step at a time. They have been bombarding my contacts with messages and even calls but I just try as much as possible to stay focused if not, you won't be able to concentrate on anything again. I am beggining to pay some even though they still send messages and call me. I picked up when I can and ignore when I can't. Thank God for Truecaller. You will know who is calling.

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Ifypat1234: 7:32am On Nov 06, 2021
H2ho:

So you ain’t dying no more grin grin

Babies everywhere angry
[quote author=IgiveLadiesBj post=105998039]

I don die[/quote

I find my self in the same category... Please who can help me out of this mess?
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Olurich84(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2022
I believe op. I'm currently in the position myself. Borrowing from other platform to repay does nothing but imprisonment. I have up to 20 loan apps on my phone due to robbing peter to pay Paul. I lived my life each day with the fear of my phone ringing because of loan collectors. I always feel the blood draining & breathing heavily whenever I think about my debt. I pray to be rescued. If you've not been there, you will never understand.

4 Likes

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Ransom4real(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2022
[quote author=Ifypat1234 post=107370327][/quote]..pay rent first,,loan app will get tired of calling. cheesy grin.when u get money u pay them
.the pressure is too much these days
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Iceking1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
Dozis:

I get your point that scammers are on the prowl on nairaland.
I do not hold brief for the op but there was a time I was owing fairmoney 150k, carbon 195k and palmcredit 35k at the same time, what happened was that I started small and was paying promptly as at when due and they kept increasing the loan until it started choking me, so imagine if this is the case with the op and from his screenshot I saw up to ten loan apps there, so don't just assume it's a scam because you have never been in this kind of situation before and you may never know.
What the op posted may or may not be a scam but having been in this kind of mess before I tend to believe him. It happens bro and he's not begging for help from nairalanders.
I will post my own story here one day.

Good evening sir, please does fair money send derogatory messages to your contacts when you default?
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Dozis: 7:41am On Dec 28, 2022
Iceking1:

Good evening sir, please does fair money send derogatory messages to your contacts when you default?
No but they can report you to credit bureau which will adversely affect your credit rating
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Iceking1(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dozis:

No but they can report you to credit bureau which will adversely affect your credit rating

I borrowed 35k to pay 45k from fair money, I used it to trade crypto and lost it all, I borrowed 20k from branch, I used it to trade also and lost it all.

All this happening because I lost 1.5m to crypto 2 months ago, my whole entire life savings with absolutely nothing to fall back on, for weeks I couldn't boost of 1k after the loss, I was hungry drinking Garri day and night, a lot of days sleeping with totally empty stomach.

Then I resulted in taking money from loan apps to see if I could double the money, and I lost everything down to ZERO, the loans I collected is expiring January 1st and I don't even have ordinal #200 naira, no work, nothing nothing, no hope of paying back. I live in fear day and night as each day's passes by because I fear of the consequences of what the loan apps might do to me, I now live in great and constant fear as each days passes by and repayment date draws near.

I fear that they might send messages to my contacts or even arrest me, because right now I don't see myself paying even 3 - 4 months from now, I have sold all I have including my phone, I'm left with nothing.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Iceking1:

I borrowed 35k to pay 45k from fair money, I used it to trade crypto and lost it all, I borrowed 20k from branch, I used it to trade also and lost it all.

All this happening because I lost 1.5m to crypto 2 months ago, my whole entire life savings with absolutely nothing to fall back on, for weeks I couldn't boost of 1k after the loss, I was hungry drinking Garri day and night, a lot of days sleeping with totally empty stomach.

Then I resulted in taking money from loan apps to see if I could double the money, and I lost everything down to ZERO, the loans I collected is expiring January 1st and I don't even have ordinal #200 naira, no work, nothing nothing, no hope of paying back. I live in fear day and night as each day's passes by because I fear of the consequences of what the loan apps might do to me, I now live in great and constant fear as each days passes by and repayment date draws near.

I fear that they might send messages to my contacts or even arrest me, because right now I don't see myself paying even 3 - 4 months from now, I have sold all I have including my phone, I'm left with nothing.

They will not arrest ,sure banker.
U loose 1.5 for crypto,u still go borrow more money to invest on crypro wey u know say u go loose again.. Haba

1 Like

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Mocheeda274:

Hello
Please I need ur help
The problem now is I just got a job in a bank and it’s not even up to a month and I’m scared they will send a message to my boss at work and I will lose my job. I don’t want to loose my job. I’m very hardworking, I don’t know what went wrong. I have been having sleepless nights for days now. Please I need help. I don’t mind a loan
I’m hooked
Help me please �����

.....remove Ur boss phone number from Ur contact...cram the number..
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Iceking1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
stacyadams:

They will not arrest ,sure banker.
U loose 1.5 for crypto,u still go borrow more money to invest on crypro wey u know say u go loose again.. Haba

That's how it went, I was so desperate to recover my loss even though I can never recover as little as 2% of my loss with the borrowed money, I was really really desperate then. It was just last month.

I have been online since morning reading about the consequences of not paying back, from what I learnt fair money doesn't send messages to contacts, but they will black list one's bvn and one won't be able to receive or send money, the account will become useless.

All the same, I sell the only thing I have left which is my foam, to pay fair money y half of the money, as for branch, I don't know when I will pay but I believe I will pay someday.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Iceking1:

That's how it went, I was so desperate to recover my loss even though I can never recover as little as 2% of my loss with the borrowed money, I was really spending desperate then. It was just last month.

I have been online since morning reading about the consequences of not paying back, from what I learnt fair money doesn't send messages to contacts, but they will black list one's bvn and one won't be able to receive or send money, the account will become useless.

All the same, I sell the only thing I have left which is my foam, to pay fair money y half of the money, as for branch, I don't know when I will pay but I believe I will pay someday.
..them no go block Ur account bro..

Lol..most loans apps will call u,threaten u,call Ur contacts,add interest .they will try to take money in Ur accounts when money drops ,but if they can't ,they will resort to peaceful talk grin.they will ask u when u want to pay,they will plead with u las las to pay what Ur owing and forget the interest.... U for no sell Ur foam. grin..some won't bother to call u again walai
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Iceking1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
stacyadams:
..them no go block Ur account bro..

Lol..most loans apps will call u,threaten u,call Ur contacts,add interest .they will try to take money in Ur accounts when money drops ,but if they can't ,they will resort to peaceful talk grin.they will ask u when u want to pay,they will plead with u las las to pay what Ur owing and forget the interest.... U for no sell Ur foam. grin..some won't bother to call u again walai

Boss you're serious? They won't report and get my account flagged through my BVN

I haven't sold my form yet, but I already posted on jiji for sale, if it is indeed true that they won't flag my account through my favorite BVN then I won't sell my foam anymore and wait to pay them whenever I can, but is it really true that they won't flag all accounts linked to my BVN?
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Iceking1:

Boss you're serious? They won't report and get my account flagged through my BVN

I haven't sold my form yet, but I already posted on jiji for sale, if it is indeed true that they won't flag my account through my favorite BVN then I won't sell my foam anymore and wait to pay them whenever I can, but is it really true that they won't flag all accounts linked to my BVN?

They won't flag Ur bvn...I promise u..no just sell Ur foam...they can only put Ur bvn on credit bureau which means some financial institutions such as banks may not give u another loan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Iceking1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
stacyadams:

They won't flag Ur bvn...I promise u..no just sell Ur foam...they can only put Ur bvn on credit bureau which means some financial institutions such as banks may not give u another loan.

Thanks boss, if only you knew the huge relief this just have me. Thank you
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by stacyadams: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Iceking1:

Thanks boss, if only you knew the huge relief this just have me. Thank you

Just relax Ur mind
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by Icent99(m): 6:47am On Jan 31, 2023
Ivebeenafool:
Good evening lalsticlala and nairalanders,

I hope this makes front page.

Sometimes last year, I had an accommodation issue and I needed money to bail myself out of it,I called friends to borrow from bit none was forthcoming, so I delved into the world of loan sharks and that was where my life was ruined without any hope or remedy.
I have a job and I earn over 100k per month, the money I borrowed initially was what I could have paid comfortably without bathing an eyelid, but the problem is that these fintech and loan sharks can only give you a loan to pay back in one week with outrageous interests. When the loan I took matured, I didn't have money immediately to offset it because it was not the end of the month, I now borrowed from another loan app (these apps are designed in such a way that you must grant them access to your contacts, so that if you default for even a day, they will pull your contacts and send damaging messages to your contacts). So it has now become a continuous cycle of borrowing from one loan app to pay another to the extent that I'm now owing about 700k in loans, that's how bad and vicious it has become, everyday of the week, I receive one threatening message or the other and being a staff of an organisation, I try as much as possible to pay so that it doesn't get to my bosses in the office and now I'm in a quagmire, all efforts to come out of this have proved abortive, my family keep asking me what is wrong with me, the house I rented is a out to expire and I have no hope of renewing the rent because of loans with outrageous interests. I've sold the little property that I was able to acquire, all in a bid to get out of it but all to no avail.
This evening now, they are going to send damaging texts to my contacts but I don't care anymore, 'cos I'm going to end it all (20 tablets of diazepam 5mg will do the job and it will be painless, I will only sleep and wake up in eternity) I only pity my poor mum.
Please nairalanders, learn from bad experience, no matter what you are going through, never borrow money from any loan app, even if you are so sure of paying, something might go wrong and you will end up worst than ever.
My friends don't even pick my call anymore, because they know it's money I'm going to ask of, I'm tired and worn out, I had to let the girl I want to marry go because I can't drag another person's daughter into my mess, I'm no longer mentally stable, at a point my boss noticed and asked me why I always lose concentration, I just told him I'm fine.
Lalasticlala please take my post to front page so that others can learn from me.
I wish i saw this earlier, this is me right now. Took me three months. From November last year till now to rake in over 900k in debts to loan sharks.
Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by sonssyo: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
This year will sure be the last, this January i will be paying 160k,90k and 50k (last payment respectively) to loan apps from my salary, i will delete them from my phone, no going back, i have already planned my life this year in a way that will help me. I will start contribution of good sum this January, from there my year is taken care of. I don't want to see nor transact with the loan apps again in 2023. They tried for me thou, although i pay on time but discovered that i was enriching them for nothing. Live your life with your available income

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks by DeusXmachina: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Damn, I thought I was the only one struggling with this.
Fairmoney 130k 66k
Migo 167k
Kuda 40k paid off.
A friend that helped me clear some of my debt 40k paid off.

I'm a corper currently, so I've been using the small allawee I've been receiving to reduce the amount of debt on my head.
I was emotional at first, but I honestly no longer care. We'll all die someday and non of this will matter.

I've paid off Easemoney and Okcash first because they were the smallest amounts and were the most annoying.
Currently I'm prioritizing paying off my friend, because I value maintaining our friendship on good terms, over my worry about these lenders.
Kuda is next.

I feel bad for the not prioritizing migo, because they are the most patient and understanding of the bunch, and didn't charge me defaulting fees, after I contacted them explaining my situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Continue With The Relationship? (25+ Only) / Help! He Can't Beat His Wife Anymore (She Learnt Karate) / Boy Abandoned By His Father At 5 Turns Out To Be The Lawyer Who Saved Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.