Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige (10301 Views)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 2:57am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

How is it tribalism, by stating the obvious. ACN is a Yoruba party. Why is it that ACN has swept the SW, but not any other region?

ACN will remain a regional party.

How did they sweep Edo?? How did they get some sits in Benue?? What about Anambra What about the political heavy weights in Akwa Ibom Guy, YOU see it as a regional party, Atiku did not when he wanted to contest. Its only you guys on NL. ACN will surely win more states if/when they preform well in their states. You can count on that.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 2:57am On May 06, 2011
If only you know what the ACN formula is offering you people, you would grab it with both hands.

True Federalism, a high degree of regional independence and the rapid advancement that will definitely be the fruits.

You are blinded by hatred for anything that remotely involves Yoruba people, so you don't count.

EzeUche_:

How is it tribalism, by stating the obvious. ACN is a Yoruba party. Why is it that ACN has swept the SW, but not any other region?

ACN will remain a regional party.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:01am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

How did they sweep Edo?? How did they get some sits in Benue?? What about Anambra What about the political heavy weights in Akwa Ibom Guy, YOU see it as a regional party, Atiku did not when he wanted to contest. Its only you guys on NL. ACN will surely win more states if/when they preform well in their states. You can count on that.

We already know why they swept Edo. And the emphasis is SOME seats in Benue, and only two positions in Anambra. ACN was not going anywhere in Akwa Ibom state, but the current governor's heavy handed activities is what made people think ACN had a chance.

When have I heard this before?

Watch ACN crumble as the fratricidal politics of the SW consume it.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:02am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

If only you know what the ACN formula is offering you people, you would grab it with both hands.

True Federalism, a high degree of regional independence and the rapid advancement that will definitely be the fruits.

You are blinded by hatred for anything that remotely involves Yoruba people, so you don't count.

Igbos will never see eye to eye with the Yorubas in politics. We have different interest.

I and many other Igbos do not want anything from a party that is the legacy of the mass murderer Awolowo.

So keep ACN in the south-west. Thank you.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 3:07am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

We already know why they swept Edo. And the emphasis is SOME seats in Benue, and only two positions in Anambra. ACN was not going anywhere in Akwa Ibom state, but the current governor's heavy handed activities is what made people think ACN had a chance.

When have I heard this before?

Watch ACN crumble as the fratricidal politics of the SW consume it.

Uche, your lack of objectivity and the inability to put your hatred for the Yorubas is really affecting the way the approach issues. The point is, will a Yoruba man be the ruler of your state?? Is Ngige a Yoruba man In Akwa Ibom, if not for the dirty politic played by the PDP governor, you know the ACN senator might just win.

Btw, why do you always change the goal post everytime You said we should vote for GEJ and PDP based on individual not on Party. Now, you want to vote for someone based on his/her affiliated Party. Why
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 3:10am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

Igbos will never see eye to eye with the Yorubas in politics. We have different interest.

I and many other Igbos do not want anything from a party that is the legacy of the mass murderer Awolowo.

So you think you can insult Awolowo and still stay in their region and be comfortable. Well, I sincerely hope most Igbos do not think like you because when these people turn "red" eye on you guys (remember how Igbos laughed at Ahmado bello's death), you will be surprised that the peace loving, cowardly yorubas can be like this. This is my last reply to you here.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:13am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

So you think you can insult Awolowo and still stay in their region and be comfortable. Well, I sincerely hope most Igbos do not think like you because when these people turn "red" eye on you guys (remember how Igbos laughed at Ahmado bello's death), you will be surprised that the peace loving, cowardly yorubas can be like this. This is my last reply to you here.

When did I ever stay in the SW? Sorry, but most Igbos and other Easterners do not have a favorable view of Awolowo. He is considered a tribalist by many and we all find it weird that you all worship him.

Awolowo killed many of my people through his policies and you want me to show respect? Sorry but "Pa" Awolowo will never get my respect.

It is not that I dislike Yorubas, I just hate your politics. And I have a dislike for Awolowo, which can be considered hate.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:14am On May 06, 2011
See what you are. Who is talking about Awolowo here? We are talking about our future and that of our children.

Think about it. You want to be old and gray at 60, 70 and 80 or whatever and still be carrying on about a man that has been dead for almost 30 years now.

[size=14pt]We hold on to so much crap from the past that it completely prevents our future from unfolding.[/size]

There is no vision of a common greatness, only the smallness that attends continued hatred over events that are decades and centuries in the past.

Really sad.

EzeUche_:

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:16am On May 06, 2011
^^^^

Still fresh in the mind of many in the East. My parents survived that war so it will continue to remain fresh. It is not like it was a war that occurred centuries ago as you try to portray it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The sad fact is that you all are trying to push your party on a region that does not want it.

Now keep it in the SW.   angry
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:21am On May 06, 2011
No!

You just hate Yoruba politics? The politics that got rid of cretins at the helm of our affairs. I see the point now. Since you wish nothing good on Awolowo and his people, you would rather prefer the curse of bad governance on our people to the competence, at least so far, being displayed by ACN governors.

Look it didn't start with Fashola. OBJ, Yar'adua and GEJ combined had the same space of time as Tinubu and Fashola. Compare their performances then let's talk.

I just hope your hard-riding, empty, braggado doesn't encourage GEJ to misuse this one opportunity.

EzeUche_:

When did I ever stay in the SW? Sorry, but most Igbos and other Easterners do not have a favorable view of Awolowo. He is considered a tribalist by many and we all find it weird that you all worship him.
Awolowo killed many of my people through his policies and you want me to show respect? Sorry but "Pa" Awolowo will never get my respect.
It is not that I dislike Yorubas, I just hate your politics. And I have a dislike for Awolowo, which can be considered hate.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:27am On May 06, 2011
@koruji

Dude, you know why you keep misfiring in your arguments with me on this matter? Its because you have convinced yourself that I am working for GEJ, I am not.
I am simply telling you the perception on the street and the right thing to do is correct it instead of posting in super-size font about Obj and other stuff that is peripheral to the conclusions of the man on the street.
In honesty, I didn't go past the first couple of lines of what you posted, not out of disrespect, but because you are so wide off mark that you are only seeing the colours you are painting.

I hold the firm belief that Tinubu is a fascist from observation. I don't see how constantly referring to external matters to that belief will change it.
That perception is also very widely held, so calling me names and making sad inferences is not going to change it one bit.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:28am On May 06, 2011
That is exactly my point. You can't distinguish between forgetting and moving on.

Obviously you cannot forget - nobody would ever ask you to forget and it doesn't matter how you interpret the events.

What is required is to set a proper role for remembrance so it doesn't cloud your need to make progress, and seek men of similar disposition towards reconciliation.

EzeUche_:

^^^^

Still fresh in the mind of many in the East. My parents survived that war so it will continue to remain fresh. It is not like it was a war that occurred centuries ago as you try to portray it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The sad fact is that you all are trying to push your party on a region that does not want it.

Now keep it in the SW.   angry
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:29am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

No!

You just hate Yoruba politics? The politics that got rid of cretins at the helm of our affairs. I see the point now. Since you wish nothing good on Awolowo and his people, you would rather prefer the curse of bad governance on our people to the competence, at least so far, being displayed by ACN governors.

Look it didn't start with Fashola. OBJ, Yar'adua and GEJ combined had the same space of time as Tinubu and Fashola. Compare their performances then let's talk.

I just hope your hard-riding, empty, braggado doesn't encourage GEJ to misuse this one opportunity.

Did I say such? I am not your people's enemy. Simply stating that the ACN is a Yoruba party. And I am not the only one who holds this perception.

And due to the legacy of Awolowo with this particular party, I cannot support it.

How can you say I dislike your people when[b] I am in full support of Fashola[/b] and will vote for him if he runs for president?
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:32am On May 06, 2011
@Beaf
Now I am really getting worried. The other day you were accepting congratulations and issuing it to others over your work in getting GEJ elected. You come on NL shouting yourself hoarse over something that was said to GEJ.

You are not working for GEJ? Does that even sound right to you? I remember that you have said such a thing at various times, but at other times go on to provide inside information.

Wo you are working for then.

Beaf:

@koruji

Dude, you know why you keep misfiring in your arguments with me on this matter? Its because you have convinced yourself that I am working for GEJ, I am not.
I am simply telling you the perception on the street and the right thing to do is correct it instead of posting in super-size font about Obj and other stuff that is peripheral to the conclusions of the man on the street.
In honesty, I didn't go past the first couple of lines of what you posted, not out of disrespect, but because you are so wide off mark that you are only seeing the cours you are painting.

I hold the firm belief that Tinubu is a fascist from observation. I don't see how constantly referring to external matters to that belief will change it.
That perception is also very widely held, so calling me names and making sad inferences is not going to change it one bit.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:34am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

The true federalism offered is nothing but poison. It is not possible to have true federalism while employing a fiscal structure that is even more dependent on Abuja than the current one. True federalism requires that both administrative and fiscal structures be decentralised, whereas the version ACN is selling requires that Abuja gives more money to the states, rather than the other way round with the states paying taxes to the centre.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 3:38am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf
Now I am really getting worried. The other day you were accepting congratulations and issuing it to others over your work in getting GEJ elected. You come on NL shouting yourself hoarse over something that was said to GEJ.

You are not working for GEJ? Does that even sound right to you? I remember that you have said such a thing at various times, but at other times go on to provide inside information.

Wo you are working for then.

Lol! That put a smile on my face. I wish I could send you some chilled odeku and goat peppersoup for your valiant efforts to label poor lil me, but you fail wella! cheesy
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 3:42am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

Did I say such? I am not your people's enemy. Simply stating that the ACN is a Yoruba party. And I am not the only one who holds this perception.

And due to the legacy of Awolowo with this particular party, I cannot support it.

How can you say I dislike your people when[b] I am in full support of Fashola[/b] and will vote for him if he runs for president?

F u and beaf and F  your like for fashola

f both of you with your bigoted views

i hope tinubu and fashola are reading this or somehow information gets to them so they can see how creating a multethnic government can do.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 3:49am On May 06, 2011
^^^

I always knew alj_harem was a Yoruba. This post clearly represents it.

No Northerner would care if I insult ACN.  grin

Anyway, I still support Fashola. He is making Lagos business friendly for us Igbos.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 3:54am On May 06, 2011
@Ezeuche
I was making a sacarstic point at you.

Still you have probably heard the expression "You don't understand what is said until you understand what is not said". What you say forms a chain to other things left unsaid.
If you hate Yoruba politics, then you have to tell me what politics is that which you hate.

You are now linking Awololwo to ACN - a man that has been gone for almost 30 years to a party that is but 5 years old.

Have you read anything in the ACN manifesto that, taking away all veneers of sentiment, Igbo people would not want? Have you heard anything about ACN attempting to impose any Yoruba man as a leader in the SS/SE? No! What is your problem then, other than that ACN is currently holds sway in the Southwest which was Awolowo's old stumping grounds.

The same PDP that you could not stand under OBJ is now your darling just because power got closer to the SE via SS. Bottom-line is PDP under GEJ is injurious to the aspirations of Yoruba/Igbo people within the Nigeria state, just like it was injurious to the SWers/Nigeria while under OBJ. Take that to the bank.

SWers fought PDP's corruption and incompetence under a Yoruba man - if we are to behave like everybody else we would have cuddled him. The man was so bad even when he made a deal to save his political life, he dishonorably decided to steal the rest of the political cake for himself. [size=14pt]Now you hate the politics that trimmed his thieving hands?[/size] If GEJ wants to toe the same line then it is up to him.

As I implied before, SWers are not married to ACN. We are married to good governance. Let ACN fumble then watch them poured out like poissoned water!!

Amidst all this talk I have hope that President GEJ will turn a new leaf on Nigeria - that is my wish.

EzeUche_:

Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 3:55am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

Anyway, I still support Fashola. He is making Lagos business friendly for us Igbos.

you iddeiot whether i am yoruba or not is not the issue here

i am a pure northerner born in lagos and spent my life between lagos/borno and anambra so doubting me will do u no good

AS I SAID EARLIER I DISLIKE TINUBU AND ACN BUT WITH UR VIEWS AND BEAF'S VIEW, F U, F BEAF AND F YOU AND UR LIKE FOR FASHOLA

to be honest with you i DISLIKE fashola now for his views on igbos in lagos, he needs to do something fast as they are taking him for granted

he needs to learn from almajiris how it is done so they will stop saying rubbish on the internet
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 3:56am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

You are so so sooo wrong. In fact, you could not be more wrong. I have posted it on this forum once that a former Northern Governor's son is in my Uni and his dad is in ACN because he told me. Man, not everyone must support your views you know. . .  Just saying sha.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by jason123: 3:57am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

@Ezeuche
I was making a sacarstic point at you.

Still you have probably heard the expression "You don't understand what is said until you understand what is not said". What you say forms a chain to other things left unsaid.
If you hate Yoruba politics, then you have to tell me what politics is that which you hate.

You are now linking Awololwo to ACN - a man that has been gone for almost 30 years to a party that is but 5 years old.

Have you read anything in the ACN manifesto that, taking away all veneers of sentiment, Igbo people would not want? Have you heard anything about ACN attempting to impose any Yoruba man as a leader in the SS/SE? No! What is your problem then, other than that ACN is currently holds sway in the Southwest which was Awolowo's old stumping grounds.

The same PDP that you could not stand under OBJ is now your darling just because power got closer to the SE via SS. Bottom-line is PDP under GEJ is injurious to the aspirations of Yoruba/Igbo people within the Nigeria state, just like it was injurious to the SWers/Nigeria while under OBJ. Take that to the bank.

SWers fought PDP's corruption and incompetence under a Yoruba man - if we are to behave like everybody else we would have cuddled him. The man was so bad even when he made a deal to save his political life, he dishonorably decided to steal the rest of the political cake for himself. [size=14pt]Now you hate the politics that trimmed his thieving hands?[/size] If GEJ wants to toe the same line then it is up to him.

As I implied before, SWers are not married to ACN. We are married to good governance. Let ACN fumble then watch them poured out like poissoned water!!

Amidst all this talk I have hope that President GEJ will turn a new leaf on Nigeria - that is my wish.

I'll advise you to leave Ezeuche. He is simply an unrepentant bigot (No offence to whom it may concern).
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 4:00am On May 06, 2011
jason123:

I'll advise you to leave Ezeuche. He is simply an unrepentant bigot (No offence to whom it may concern).

Worry about someone else.

Koruji is making very good points. However, I disagree with him. Learn from him, then you will be able to understand I do not hate Yorubas.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:00am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

moreover so because i am a northerner, it means i should not like ACN

you see HOW BIGOTED YOU ALL ARE , can you imagine shocked angry angry angry

such bigoted politics displayed here by ezeuche makes me want to beat him up so fast his legs will not even touch the floor

you too stu.pid ideeiots just because i am a northerner, i should dislike ACN,.,.,.daƙiƙance sususuwar ni nyamaria
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 4:02am On May 06, 2011
alj_harem, you are just as much a Northerner as I am Yoruba. tongue
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:04am On May 06, 2011
even the iddeiots called CPC leaders in the east said they disown buhari, why if i may ask?? they are bigots

this is to all northerners, middle belt, yorubas, edo and parts of delta and portharcount. STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE LIKE EZEUCHE, THEY ONLY SEE THINGS THROUGHT ETHNIC LENS AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY

chikena
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by Beaf: 4:05am On May 06, 2011
^
Who left the zoo gate open? grin
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by EzeUche2(m): 4:05am On May 06, 2011
ACN is a regional party. People cannot explain why ACN only did well in the SW, and not in any other state besides Edo state.

Until you all answer that, the perception will remain the same.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by koruji(m): 4:05am On May 06, 2011
@Beaf
Well, lets talk policy a little bit. When Fashola called for revisions to the revenue allocation formula that is based on two things. As you mentioned below we still have a centralized fiscal system -within that system the FG cannot sit in Abuja and jack up the minimum wage, without thinking about how the states can cope. The simple answer is follow you bill with the money. That is the first reason. The second is this silly attempt in the NA assembly to collect even more taxes that would usually go to the states and bring it to the center - they are currently tinkering with thresholds for taxation that would reduce states internally generated revenue tremendously.

They are already collecting all the oil revenue and redistributing it through straws, now they want to do the same to ordinary taxation. The VAT is not enough for them anymore. That is a serious constitutional crisis in the making.

What ACN is calling for is a balanced restructing of our polity. Not a seccessionist agenda, not a "it is all our resources you can feed on air" agenda, and certainly not this monkey-dey-work-baboon-dey-chop unitary system.

Beaf:

The true federalism offered is nothing but poison. It is not possible to have true federalism while employing a fiscal structure that is even more dependent on Abuja than the current one. True federalism requires that both administrative and fiscal structures be decentralised, whereas the version ACN is selling requires that Abuja gives more money to the states, rather than the other way round with the states paying taxes to the centre.
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:06am On May 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

alj_harem, you are just as much a Northerner as I am Yoruba.   tongue

i am glad you are yoruba you confused ideeiot, was it not another ideeiot brother that called himself yoruba (emeguali) and other called himself a north(hausa/fulani)

such retards

this is just the beginning angry
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:07am On May 06, 2011
Beaf:

^
Who left the zoo gate open? grin

who is laffing with this monkey undecided
Re: ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige by aljharem3: 4:09am On May 06, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf
Well, lets talk policy a little bit. When Fashola called for revisions to the revenue allocation formula that is based on two things. As you mentioned below we still have a centralized fiscal system -within that system the FG cannot sit in Abuja and jack up the minimum wage, without thinking about how the states can cope. The simple answer is follow you bill with the money. That is the first reason. The second is this silly attempt in the NA assembly to collect even more taxes that would usually go to the states and bring it to the center - they are currently tinkering with thresholds for taxation that would reduce states internally generated revenue tremendously.

They are already collecting all the oil revenue and redistributing it through straws, now they want to do the same to ordinary taxation. The VAT is not enough for them anymore. That is a serious constitutional crisis in the making.

What ACN is calling for is a balanced restructing of our polity. Not a seccessionist agenda, not a "it is all our resources you can feed on air" agenda, and certainly not this monkey-dey-work-baboon-dey-chop unitary system.

man, you are trying to convence this beaf since page 1 and yet they have still not change

what makes you think it is page 4/5 the animals will change undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayemi Hands Over Mineral Support Center To Governor Tambuwal (Photos) / BREAKING: British And US Fighter Jets Lands In Dapchi Nigeria - Pics / Gbajabimila & Agege At The Opening Ceremony Of The 64th Commonwealth Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.