Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,386 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

What To Do If You Hate Your Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do If You Hate Your Job (10823 Views)

Do You Hate Your Job? / What's That Statement You Hate The Most From Any Company Or Any Organization? / Why Go Back To The Job You Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Robertkenny(m): 2:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Adepetun R. Kehinde

A lot of my friends are in companies that they don't want to be in, have a routine that they hate and are frustrated almost three times a week. When I try to reason with them and tell them to quit their job and try for a better job or startup, it doesn't work, because I get the following answers
• I need to gain more experience here then I will quit
• If I leave so early it will put a bad impression on my resume
• You got lucky, doesn't mean I will
• I don't have any contacts, don't know where to start
Apparently the approach of asking them to leave never worked but there had to be another way. Because when someone gets trapped in the circle of their excuses it's difficult for them to get out unless someone else shows them a unique way, mine was this.
I told them "Don't quit your job, just give 10 interviews."
What does that mean?
Instead of telling them to quit, I told them just check out ten companies you would like to work at, mail them, tweet to them or check out their careers page and give an interview with them. That's it, no big deal, only ten interviews. And give the interviews like you have nothing to lose.
One of my friends got a double package offer in the second interview he gave, one in the first she gave. They both quit their jobs.
Just give ten interviews in the next 4-6 weeks, that's it, no big deal.

Shared from Bogger

What will you do if you hate your job?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by meritadavize1(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Ftc for the first time in ma life ����... Shout out to GYB

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Mustiboy(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Many Nigerians hate their jobs. It's just the fear of hunger that will follow if they stop working that's making them endure.

How can a married man with kids be earning 30k monthly? Some even less than that, especially those graduates teaching in private schools.

Meanwhile, the so-called G-Boys roaming our streets these days earn a lot more, thereby prompting them to flaunt their wealth in the faces of these men. Is life fair? No!

If these men say enough is enough and decide to explore the illicit means to earn a living, we'll stop having a functional society.

For how long will anyone endure? Buhari is not making life worth living for these people.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Codedboy95(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
You make it sound easy, some people apply to as much as 30 jobs before getting one interview invite.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by ainas247: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
I will quit...

Meanwhile I will setup high converting Google ads for your products or service chat up...
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by richmond500: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Jejely resign
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by snowland(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Just give 10 interviews in the next 4 - 6 weeks, abi what did I just read?

I go interview myself? No be person wey dem invite to an interview dey give(borrowing your word) interview.

I go just quit. Simple.

8 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Onyi22(f): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
sad
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Magabush1(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
I don't even have a job so what do I hate now
Robertkenny:
Adepetun R. Kehinde

A lot of my friends are in companies that they don't want to be in, have a routine that they hate and are frustrated almost three times a week. When I try to reason with them and tell them to quit their job and try for a better job or startup, it doesn't work, because I get the following answers
• I need to gain more experience here then I will quit
• If I leave so early it will put a bad impression on my resume
• You got lucky, doesn't mean I will
• I don't have any contacts, don't know where to start
Apparently the approach of asking them to leave never worked but there had to be another way. Because when someone gets trapped in the circle of their excuses it's difficult for them to get out unless someone else shows them a unique way, mine was this.
I told them "Don't quit your job, just give 10 interviews."
What does that mean?
Instead of telling them to quit, I told them just check out ten companies you would like to work at, mail them, tweet to them or check out their careers page and give an interview with them. That's it, no big deal, only ten interviews. And give the interviews like you have nothing to lose.
One of my friends got a double package offer in the second interview he gave, one in the first she gave. They both quit their jobs.
Just give ten interviews in the next 4-6 weeks, that's it, no big deal.

Shared from Bogger

What will you do if you hate your job?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by lanre88(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2021
80% of Nigerians hate their present job yet to take a bold step and venture into something better is a big task for them. The fear of loosing your present job keeps haunting you get you know with your current job, you cannot have your mind of dream life with that job even in the next five to ten years.

While I was in the banking industry, same applies to me but I was focused and told my colleagues I would leave the industry even when my pay was much.

I found a gold mine in Networking that I hated all my life, atimes what might actually be our major success might be that thing we never wanted to do.

Find your passion and work towards it, to me networking forever.

A word is enough...

5 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by prince2blinks(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2021
I no understand....
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Franchise21(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2021
Noted
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
What is "just give ten interviews" if the person had those options coming what is the person doing in a hated job..

If you hate your job, consider the opportunity cost it would have on yourself and family alongside whatever you want to get into and what edge or advantage you have at it. If the odds dont favour you.. hold your job before you fall into depression

Never go into the streets(business) without a business you have advantage at, it quickens your progress faster or else you would join the queue where majority end up frustrated due to low income and an already high taste of life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by fatymore(f): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
I simply quit grin
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Dyke15(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Bro ur happiness really matters
Anyways, am Proudly Dot.com
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by oluwaseaun(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
I dont hate any job so far they dont owe me my salary and my leave bonus is paid.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by nairalee(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2021
Start plotting your exit. Save alot and apply alot in other places.

After a while u can leave either by getting another offer or starting up something you like with what you've saved.

Nothing is more important than your sanity and happiness

5 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by dmbb: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2021
Why not love your job?
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by oranget(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2021
snowland:
You quit. Simple.
Quit and go back to what? Sitting at home? The solution the OP suggested is the best bet.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by labisibrass(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
Okay
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by kennethfranc(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
Quitting mine this August

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by MarketDispatch: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
Hate Job for this Buhari period?

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by falseprophet: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
why would anyone do a job he hates if not for the fact our stomack controls our future, an average Nigerian can't afford to be hungry today for a better tomorrow because they'll hold onto any scrap just to put body and soul together...

This i have seen!

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by stupidmod3: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2021
quit.

which one b d long story again
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by LightUpWithKemi: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Lol. In this buharic era, no hatred for any job. Inasmuch the bills are being paid, stick to it jejely.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by JamParkMe: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Today's youth want to eat their cake and have it. Someone is paying you to complete certain tasks and you are complaining you hate your job. You are not supposed to love your job so much otherwise it wouldn't be a job anymore but a hobby. It's very hard to find a job so satisfying you wake up every Monday morning looking forward to it.

Just suck it up and do your the work you are paid to do.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Seniorwriter(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2021
Follow your passion as a side hustle!

If you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you are yet earning even $5 daily via online activities then it's your own undoing(Fault).

There are so many ease2access activities you can monetize a skill or two with.

We are heading towards an era where peoples wealth will be in just USERNAME & PASSWORD! and inheritance will be shared in that regard.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by Ezedon(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2021
You quit
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by lanre88(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2021
LightUpWithKemi:

Lol. In this buharic era, no hatred for any job. In as much the bills are being paid, stick to it jejely.

You see a typical Nigerian, wonder who cursed us.

What happens to venturing into something else better yet pays alot?

Work smart and never hard.
Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by YoungLionken(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Simply quit! Mental health comes first before financial status...

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Hate Your Job by money121(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax / What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.