Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,401 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? (17581 Views)

Seriously Sick Ada Jesus Taken To Odumeje’s Church To Beg For Forgiveness (watch / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / Drug Addict Daughter Delivered At Dunamis International Gospel Centre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Igbojihadist: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2021
emmiebrizzie:

You are not supposed to be fasting if you are sick, and if it happens in the middle of the fast, you are suppose to stop. It doesn’t mean that your fast will spoil, you will just continue from where you stop, whenever you’re better.
thanks
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Born2Breed(f): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2021
Continue fasting you hear....fasting go cure you na. Abi not b who dey alive dey fast n God go bless?

On a serious note, your stomach walls will be affected if you take any drugs now. So eat very well,infact very very well for at least a day before you go on medications.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by lilije(f): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Even in churches, good pastors will tell you not to fast when you are on drugs. Eat and take your drugs. When you are healthy, you can continue with your fasting
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by sigiyaya112: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please I need advice on this. I was given fasting and praying which is supposed to end today but yesterday night i was not feeling alright then I visited a doctor who gave me some medications and placed me on drug, I'm suppose to use some this morning but I'm afraid I might spoil my fasting.

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday
And make sure you eat something before take any medicine sad
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by generationz(f): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

Please I need advice on this. I was given fasting and praying which is supposed to end today but yesterday night i was not feeling alright then I visited a doctor who gave me some medications and placed me on drug, I'm suppose to use some this morning but I'm afraid I might spoil my fasting.

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

So your doctor didn't ask if you have eaten and give you injections?
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by kizyalex10(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday
lol religious fanatism,no keep fasting and also add ulcer to d list of ur problems...even d disciples asked Jesus if they re to fast nd he replied why re u fasting when the person is here with u,lol.i have realised that living a Godly life ie doing the right thing ,is better than all d prayers nd fasting in dis world
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by buzorcharles(m): 9:59am On Jun 13, 2021
U are a goat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by kingjooo(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2021
Please brothers and sisters help me, i resides in abuja and i can do any job provided it's legal.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2021
God is not a man, that he should lie; Neither the son of man, that he should repent.
You are ill, and you cannot force GOD through prayers. How about getting better, then come back and do your prayers than this one you plan on doing at this point.

Na person way day alright day serve GOD. Yes, GOD heals, the only way he does this, is by using medication to get well, then , you do what's due of you.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by DonCortino: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Foolishness!
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Arimzodd: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2021
Pls..kindly suspend ur fasting.....if d body fails ur spirit leaves ...give to ceasar what belong to ceasar....
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Reference(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2021
FrancisDiote:
Stop the fasting and treat yourself. When you are healthy, there will be many more days to observe fasting, God is not a wicked God.

Remember dead body no de zanku

Absolutely.

Some ignorant parts of modern day Pentecostalism frown against medicine and medical practices as standing against their faith and God.

But the same Word that promises you healing and health, delivers victory and success, provisions and prosperity, security and safety.

But will God agree that because He said so you will not train to fight battles towards victory, you donot need to read to aquire education or you donot have to work to prosper, or you should not lock your car door in the church carpark or wear safety belt as you drive home.

No. God did not say we should do nothing about our situation. As a matter of fact your action justifies your faith. God sees your actions and He knows you mean business and agree with His promises.

If you pray for healing or deliverance or prosperity or safety or dominion, whatever, believe that God will do it through whatever means the Word declares but if you do nothing, God has nothing to work with and you can die in full view of all His Angels as a sad testimony of misunderstanding.

Break your fast. Have yourself checked out and believe God to return to fulfil your vows.

God is not the author of pain, sickness, disease or death. He obtains no pleasure whatsoever in your pains. Jesus broke Jewish tradition to heal people. What is a fast that He cannot agree to break. You prove nothing by seeking Him in pain. He is love, not a taskmaster. Don't play religion.

We have gone through all these things and have been lighted.

1 Like

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Jukwasi: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday
Fast as your body carry you and God understands. Don't do pass yourself. Get well soon.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by AAbuja: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2021
Fell ill too. Had to stop yesterday and eat and drugs.

Will get back to prayers by Tuesday. Prayers are concentrated on when one is healthy
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by braine(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2021
Have you seen a dead person fast? No, i guess.

Only the living fast.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by redsun(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2021
You need healthy foods to fend off sicknesses. And if you deliberately deprive yourself of vital nutrients and medicine when you need it most, it means non-voluntary euthanasia; you don't want to die but out of ignorance and misleading advice, you are about to.

Your body is around a clock mechanism that requires all the essential maintenance to remain functional and effective. In a country like Nigeria where there is nothing in place to keep people healthy and alive, you have to rely more on your instincts, intuitions and practical knowledge to stay healthily alive.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by AAbuja: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2021
pedel:
What exactly are you hoping to get from the fast maybe it's something we can help you with? You don't have to kill yourself.
Yes sir, I am fasting because I need alot of changes and improvements
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Amoamare: 10:09am On Jun 13, 2021
No don't take the drug , you will spoil your fast. Even if you die , no cause for alarm , heaven awaits you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Gambit23: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Keep making frantic efforts to kill urself
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Whiteways: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Remember non of us here can reward you. This fasting should be a secret btw u and ur maker. As a mumu man, you may kwantiniu ur pasting.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Verot92: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Kill your self .. ur eye go clear
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Manaty2nice(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2021
��..you don't have sense oh.. You no well oh.. You dey sick you dey fast... [quote author=Igbojihadist post=102668218]Good morning Nairalanders.

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una hap
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Eserise1(m): 10:18am On Jun 13, 2021
When you are sick you aint suppose to fast again, break your fast eat good food take medication
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Penguin2: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

What kind of church do you lots attend for goodness sake?

Hope you know if you dying while fasting, you killed yourself and you will go to hell for taking your own life?
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by kprez(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2021
No need to use drug, just fast for 40 days and wait for God to come and heal you.
shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by abdsamad(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2021
It is kukuma somebody that is alive that will complete a fast
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by khadaffi(m): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Please if you want to fast, fast! Don't fast and use drugs. Most drugs when taken on empty stomach will either cause ulcer or send you to your ancestors. Be warned. I forsee us typing RIP very soon
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by aniblue(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Eat before taking medication,
Drugs is for the body,
Fasting is for your spiritual life,
The spirit (& or soul) needs the physical body to function properly.
So, eat and take your medics as prescribe by a professional doctor, you can also pray along even if you're eating.

Even if you're fasting, I'll advice you take fruits, water & other light meals.... Alot of people have past on after going on dry fasting,
Be wise. Wishing you a quick delivery.
Stay alive & stay safe
Cheers!
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by WinterMinter(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2021
[s] bruv you health is more important than fasting,if you die your fasting is irrelevant[/s]
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by princewarri1985: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2021
Dont worry just wait untill after you have died before you will know that you will use drug, dumbo
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by mizdams(f): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2021
STOP the fast, finish your medications and resume the fast. Use your brains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Midnight Back To Sender Prayer Points / Abia: Police To Arraign Man Refusing To Pray, Disrupting Church Service / Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.