Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,380 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert (55037 Views)

Denmark Vs Finland Game Suspended As Medics Confirm Eriksen Is Stable / Danny Welbeck May Not Play Football Again - UK Doctor / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
If it was AFCON the player would have died.
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
niyidenrele:
What is it with Internationale Fc and cardiac arrest with players ?
First it was Kanu Nwankwo
Now Eriksen

Papillo did not have a cardiac arrest at Inter; a routine echocardiogram found something wrong with one of his heart's valves when he was undergoing a medical for Inter...and so he had to undergo a surgery which fixed the issue and enabled him to resume playing again

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by thundafire: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Joysticks:
Do we have doctors during Nigeria football league matches that can attend to emergency like this?
even the doctors in the teams don't have equipment
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by kissdabride: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
kenzysmith:
when u go get sense? When?
No e no go get sense and e no fit get
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by paschalj4(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Joysticks:
Do we have doctors during Nigeria football league matches that can attend to emergency like this?
Not exactly, a similar scenerio happen about two years ago of one nasarawa united player though i can't recall his name. That slump and died on the pitch, during a league match with kastina united, due to lack of professional medical team that are trained for emergencies like this. well i hope that erik get well soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
thundafire:
even the doctors in the teams don't have equipment

We do,: our hands, the medications...and yes, defibrillators are available in this country.

Infact what was done for Eriksen is shown below....

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by kenzysmith: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
Judolisco:
E don try... 30yrs old... We thank God say him no die... I pray dis doesn't end his career though....
market vaule drop suitors we run away unless he can continue his career at kano pillars were dey don't value life. To me is career ending ask fabrics mamba, ask martin petrov, ike cassilass who all colaspse on the field their career all came to an end Erikesen can't be an expectional
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Ayo2004: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
GeneralPula:

So you people are still so pained?

Well, I don’t care about Manu. I’m a Chelsea fans and Chelsea alone dealt with Barcelona..

We disgraced your team with 10men against 11men Barca..

You may have a say over Manu, but not on all EPL clubs. Kichiko?

Same Chelsea that only Messi has more CL titles,super cup titles,league titles,ballon d'ors,golden shoes and so on...
Chelsea and Barcelona no be mates at all
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by williaam(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Why do you guys like comparing everything to Nigeria, i guess if this had happened in Nigeria, you will say it's because we lack facilities

Foreign guys cherish and embrace theirs but all we do is rubbish and downgrade ourselves

Is Nigeria not a country, why won't we compare this countries to Nigeria. The supposed useless giant of Africa
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
kenzysmith:
market vaule drop suitors we run away unless he can continue his career at kano pillars were dey don't value life. To me is career ending ask fabrics mamba, ask martin petrov, ike cassilass who all colaspse on the field their career all came to an end Erikesen can't be an expectional

Muamba had a heart issue...which necessitated the placement of a pacemaker to regulate his heart rhythm....thus his career ended.

Petrov had leukemia..which was successfully treated.

Cassilas also had a heart attack...but he was 1) 38 years old 2) career was almost over anyway.
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by kissdabride: 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Owen Hargreaves retired @ 28.
Sebastien Diesler retired @ 27.
Yes they do but Erikson with his brilliance and performance will not want to considered retirement as an option.Like I said he would be manage Just as Wenger manage KANU and still play for a long time before retirement such calibre of Erikson don't fear risk moreover now that is aware he would not rest in his oars as the treatment will be constant
Everything about life is risk
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Localmann(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Life is more than football so sad for Chris
Quick recovery Man

Contact me for your Gift card redeem check my signature
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by emmiebrizzie: 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
I pray he recovers soon

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by blowjohn(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
Asour:

Isn't it too early to tell?

I am certainly no medical expert but isn't the effect of this more psychological than physical?

Fabrice muamba comes to mind. They really may recover physically but the mind really doesn't.

Oga. This is not psychological.
Better he quits football.
Infact he will quit by the time they read the risks and complications to him.
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Ayo2004: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
kenzysmith:
when erikesen was at his prime at spur if he had move then did u think they would not give him that amount
Oga,there was no point in his life that he would collect 400k per week
Even man u agbas never reach that level yet sef
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Had it been,... this happened in Nigeria,... them for still dey press hin chest or they pour am water for face up and down,... He for no make an alive again self�
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by BuyAndSellStuff: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
kissdabride:
Yes they do but Erikson with his brilliance and performance will not want to considered retirement as an option.Like I said he would be manage Just as Wenger manage KANU and still play for a long time before retirement such calibre of Erikson don't fear risk moreover now that is aware he would not rest in his oars as the treatment will be constant
Everything about life is risk

What is he playing for again? Trophies or is it money?

You really think whites think like us? If his case is serious, he will retire because they value their life above all else.

His future is still bright so he doesn't have to risk his life for money like Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Eyya glad � he is alive
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by LordPsalm(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
I knew, they hardly play again, same thin happened to OUR OWN SAN IKER CASILLAS FERNANDEZ cry cry
This ex Man U player 'BLIND' have had 2 episodes of this case and is currently playing with that defriblator machine in his heart as we speak.
This life no just balance.
Despite all the quality medical checks he usually have at club level.
Thank God he pulled thru...
If this should mark the end of his career, he should accept it in good faith. He's written his name in the sands of time.
Somethings are just beyond comprehension
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by kissdabride: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

What is he playing for again? Trophies or is it money?

You really think whites think like us? If his case is serious, he will retire because they value their life aboe all else.

His future is bright so he doesn't have to risk his lif for money like Kanu.
Really whites are different
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by BullyBullies: 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Why do you guys like comparing everything to Nigeria, i guess if this had happened in Nigeria, you will say it's because we lack facilities

Foreign guys cherish and embrace theirs but all we do is rubbish and downgrade ourselves

Thanks for this comment.

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by razzydoo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Sometimes imagine what happens when the human heart stops. Like what do we do and where do we go during that period
Good question o bro. They said his heart stopped for 5mins, i doubt because if that happened, he would be brain dead.
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by PS712: 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
I think, everyone should know CPR just like ABC. And also know how to use a fire extinguisher or what do to an individual who is choking. Such knowledge is life saving and should be broadcasted to all.
I can't like your post more. Everyone needs to know how to perform CPR and other first aid regimes, as well as how to approach pressures with calmness!
Three weeks ago we lost a very beautiful, youthful young lady cause we made the wrong approach to the situation. That experience ever since got me feeling very bad like I failed her.
It was early (around 7am) of 29th May, a Saturday. While I slept (because I had woken earlier and only went back to sleep before 6am) that I heard yelling of my name to wake and come to the rescue of our neighbour's sister, ...she had gone to bed healthy only to be found helpless, losing breath and eyes turning that morning. They were already bringing her out of the house (carrying her) to my car because the car my neighbour drove home (cause he sells cars) that Friday night broke down close to the house, so I entered and we sped out of the house. When we drove out I asked which hospital we were taking her to and they told me the name, which was about 15 mins drive on high speed. I felt it was far, I felt we should just dash into any nearby hospital that has oxygen facility to sustain her breathing but I didn't voice out. We finally got to the hospital, when she was taken in, and laid on stretcher the doctor resumed some procedures which included checking heartbeat, pulse and then he performed CPR on her when he had called for oxygen, he then excused us, we left him and the nurses. About 15 mins later, he appeared with that look you know things didn't go well. She was gone. He told us we brought her dead already cry cry cry cry cry
Pretty lady, gone. Just like that. I keep wishing we stabilized or at least sustained her heartbeat before driving that long distance, or we should just have entered the nearest hospital.
We need to learn all these small things.

3 Likes

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by oloyedewaris(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
williaam:

Is Nigeria not a country, why won't we compare this countries to Nigeria. The supposed useless giant of Africa
If we do great things will you also compare
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by jspinsight: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Only native doctors dey stadium

Joysticks:

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Reference(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
What do they mean by 'if'. His heart stopped for several minutes and was only restarted with a defribillator and persistent CPR.

He is simply done from any sort of physical activity for life. Just lucky to be alive. How many come back from that.

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Elxandre(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
GeneralPula:

So you people are still so pained?

Well, I don’t care about Manu. I’m a Chelsea fans and Chelsea alone dealt with Barcelona..

We disgraced your team with 10men against 11men Barca..

You may have a say over Manu, but not on all EPL clubs. Kichiko?

fan and not fans bro. kiss
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by sylve11: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
If I were to be him, I'd quit without thinking twice. sad cool
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by musty2245: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Joysticks:
We have, and fr yr information nothing like this will ever happen in Nigeria
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by musty2245: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kaysnow:
If it was AFCON the player would have died.
That's why it can be AFCON
God bless AFCON
God bless federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by Gjmff: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
Why
Re: Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert by africandollar: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hmm..na so Sam Okwaraji sef take mud that year o! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patrice Evra Visits Lagos, Plays Chess Under Oshodi Bridge (Pictures) / Dead Body Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By JTF (Graphic Photos) / Checkout The Award Given To The Man of The Match ( Hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.