Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) (58839 Views)

Lasisi Elenu Shows Off Pregnant Fiancee, Rants About Her Pregnancy Urges / Ankara Gucci Rants About Lekki Flooded Roads / #bbnaija: Tboss Rants About New Housemates Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by ovieigho(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2021

Sey we no do ATR ( African traditional religion ) in school ni grin

Don’t discriminate pls
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Abimbola007(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2021
This happens to muslims as well. We go to private schools and they force CRS on us
Her child shouldn't be taught what she doesn't believe in

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by davien(m): 8:59am On Jun 13, 2021
See what people are saying up in the thread, you guys are heavily indoctrinated to think this is okay. Would you be glad if your child was being taught a foreign religion as the default belief she should have?
I've always said the same thing that this country forces one to think only two religions are relevant whereas none really are, there are hundreds of thousands of beliefs to pick from. What happens when a Hindu comes to Nigeria and wants children here? People try to fling their nonsense religion on them without even considering theirs may not be correct.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by tunapawizzy: 8:59am On Jun 13, 2021
Savagecontents:
We are all taught Arabic in 100l in the University, that doesn't make us change our belief, it's just a subject not a renouncement
Arabic na language.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by biafranrealson: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2021
Tiger face
Must you come to social media to rant ?
Dont you know the road to your daughters school?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by MARKone(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2021
She should send the child to Sango or Amadioha group of schools.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian model Adetutu Alabi, also known as Adetutu OJ, has lashed out at schools saying her daughter was given “Christian assignment” in school, despite stating she’s neither a Christian nor Muslim, Igbere TV reports.

The single mother of one complained bitterly on her Facebook page on Thursday, adding that schools try to force religion on students.

She said,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3004288593115835&id=100006041704036

Adetutu came to limelight in 2018 when she was followed on social media by Rihanna.

She started a campaign called #tribalmarkschallenge where she advocates for a ban on facial scarring in Africa.

This girl na heavy olosho

Would still hit it tho grin
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.
Mr Prof, would you have said same if it was Islamic studies that is being forced on her child

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Osanoghodua1: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Savagecontents:
We are all taught Arabic in 100l in the University, that doesn't make us change our belief, it's just a subject not a renouncement

You mean Arabic is part of your course in Uni? I thought it's a joke
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by ThatFairGuy: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Then take your child to fayemi Elebubon or onirungbon oogun undecided
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by letitrainnow(m): 9:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Nawa, wetin be this?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingjooo(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2021
Please abuja residence,hire me i can do any job to feed myself and my litle kid. I lost everything i had during the end sars era last year 09039974800
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by crackhouse(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2021
The environment though. Not conducive for education.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2021
Totally support her.

We need Traditional Religion as a subject as well. Until then, Nigeria is doomed.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by shegoon: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2021
Aunty! Religion study is part of Nigeria school curriculum, hence you have to abide to that or remove your daughter from school to learn trade. Guess u didn't forget they impose maths, Economics, biology and perhaps physics on her. You getting a tribal mark doesn't alter your senses and stop this unwarrant disgrace upon yourself.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Ooe33: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2021
She is just been st>p!d, it's not about the religion but about curriculum.
People take french/Italian/German etc and those aren't their first language.

There is nothing stopping her from floating her own sch and not taking religious studies there
B@f@@n like her. In her mind she is a liberal, a free thinker.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by tribalistdcriti: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Nonsense and jargons Hoe with tiger whiskers
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian model Adetutu Alabi, also known as Adetutu OJ, has lashed out at schools saying her daughter was given “Christian assignment” in school, despite stating she’s neither a Christian nor Muslim, Igbere TV reports.

The single mother of one complained bitterly on her Facebook page on Thursday, adding that schools try to force religion on students.

She said,

Adetutu came to limelight in 2018 when she was followed on social media by Rihanna.

She started a campaign called #tribalmarkschallenge where she advocates for a ban on facial scarring in Africa.
how can you decide for your kid not to be a Christian or a moslem, the purpose of religious study in schools is to give the child a good moral upbringing. And also if you don't want your child to belong to religious school why not take the child and homeschool her yourself or possible take her to China where religious study is not compulsive for kids.. small education una go dey do like say una don get brain.. Shingbine nor dey that scorched head of yours
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Kuginzi: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2021
personal59:
Hmmmm

Nigerians and sentiment....

Had it been it's Islamic Knowledge assignment am very sure it would have been different story by now

But since it's crk ... When you are in roman bla bla bla

She doesn't want any for her daughter but all you up there can see your life

Alabosi people
Rightly said! They're like Chameleons.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by MXD5050: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
Your analysis is well informed
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mu2sa2: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
They want to impose their religion, continuing with the practice started by the white man. The white men used wuru-wuru: They will cajole you to be praying with your eyes firmly shut. That's it, by the time you open your eyes you're "saved" but your land is gone.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kevoh(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2021
kadraxkyle:
You are not a Christian nor a Muslim, but you are attending a religious school. Nonsense!
You don't have to go to a religious school to experience such. I have seen such in my kids nursery books even the hand writing books.
I just ignore it. Just because non religious people are not speaking up does not mean it is not happening.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
This are some of the reasons why kids are sent back home or expelled because of ignorant parents.

Did she or did she not know that the school made certain subjects compulsory?

They usually give parents the compulsory subjects their kids will do in school.

She can enrol her daughter in a school where religion is not taught, and stop showing the world how ignorant she is.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:

You are really wise and educated

Please can you help us over throw Buhari and become the president
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by SocialJustice: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Mumu over sabi
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by iswallker(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
personal59:
Hmmmm

Nigerians and sentiment....

Had it been it's Islamic Knowledge assignment am very sure it would have been different story by now

But since it's crk ... When you are in roman bla bla bla

She doesn't want any for her daughter but all you up there can see your life

Alabosi people

Nobody likes terrorists

See what buhari is doing us currently

Looking for grazing routes in another man's land

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Sterope(f): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2021
She shouldn't do the assignments. Had it been it was IRS, the comments will be very different.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by ceaser: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Nice. Carved a niche and brand for herself

Tribal Mark TM® Model
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Sterope(f): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Arabic is a language not religion.
Savagecontents:

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by joyandfaith: 9:20am On Jun 13, 2021
Citizenshelm:

She said,

Religious knowledge should be removed from syllabus up to secondary school level.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Sterope(f): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2021
Your opinion. She does not need to justify herself to you.

othermen:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Yvonne Said Nigerians Are Useless And silly": Man Accused Of Assaulting Actress / Nigerians React To Obi Cubana’s First Son, Alex’s Grades In School (Photos) / Victor Osuagwu Pictured With Norsemen Confraternity Members In Ghana. Photo