Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) (58843 Views)

Lasisi Elenu Shows Off Pregnant Fiancee, Rants About Her Pregnancy Urges / Ankara Gucci Rants About Lekki Flooded Roads / #bbnaija: Tboss Rants About New Housemates Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Gmajor(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.

I'm 100% sure that if you're were taught Islamic studies in primary school, your parents would have raised alarm.
Don't you think that applying a double standard here makes you a hypocrite?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by omonighoblessing(f): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2021
But there are Muslim oriented schools also.... If she no like CRS why not remove her from the school and enroll her in the Muslim schools. She's just looking for attention abeg. Biko no give me migraine undecided
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by godlessmind: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
Is she teaching her daughter atheism or what...?
Atheism is the cure for Religion..

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by omonighoblessing(f): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2021
Gmajor:

I'm 100% sure that if you're were taught Islamic studies in primary school, your parents would have raised alarm.
Don't you think that applying a double standard here makes you a hypocrite?
why did she take her to the school where they teach CRS when there are schools where Islam is thought

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Gmajor(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2021
kadraxkyle:
You are not a Christian nor a Muslim, but you are attending a religious school. Nonsense!

Did you not school in Nigeria?
Religion is taught in all Nigerian schools including government schools

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Lewisalexander(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2021
Baawaa:
You want to destroy her life like yours

Her life is far better than yours

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by azpekuliar: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:

There is nothing wrong with that!

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by TemmyT002(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2021
There is nothing special about you. Take your child elsewhere.
Radarada

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by MisterGrace: 9:30am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:

That shouldn't be your problem.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by compton11(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2021
Savagecontents:
We are all taught Arabic in 100l in the University, that doesn't make us change our belief, it's just a subject not a renouncement
nigga Arabic is language not religion

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by MisterGrace: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2021
TemmyT002:
There is nothing special about you. Take your child elsewhere.
Radarada

What is special about you?

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by MisterGrace: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2021
Baawaa:
You want to destroy her life like yours

You this religious lots are something else.

How is her life destroyed?

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by wallarwallar(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian model Adetutu Alabi, also known as Adetutu OJ, has lashed out at schools saying her daughter was given “Christian assignment” in school, despite stating she’s neither a Christian nor Muslim, Igbere TV reports.

The single mother of one complained bitterly on her Facebook page on Thursday, adding that schools try to force religion on students.

She said,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3004288593115835&id=100006041704036

Adetutu came to limelight in 2018 when she was followed on social media by Rihanna.

She started a campaign called #tribalmarkschallenge where she advocates for a ban on facial scarring in Africa.

Why cant dis idiotic figure complain to d school authority but choose to rant on social media. Low life

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2021
NEXT... i wasted my time reading this.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by hush15: 9:38am On Jun 13, 2021
habsydiamond:
What's the saying for.. When u are in Rome u behave like a Roman's.... It's not compulsory she must convert... She can be doing the subject without putting her mind to it.. If u are not interested in conversion no matter how hard they try it won't happen.

Better still, what is she doing in school? She should stop her from attending such schools or home tutor her. That's why there is GCE....

Her rant is is just clout chasing

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by magicminister: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2021
I understand how she feels but I think we need to be more open minded. Was born and raised in a Christian family but was taught Islam and Christianity in school. It was very interesting and I learnt a lot e.g. the 5 pillars of Islam, Basmala, etc.

Kids can learn multiple languages, religions, and so many things... keep them exposed. The more they learn, the more they know and this can help them greatly!’

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2021
crackhouse:
The environment though. Not conducive for education.

Good one. That was my first observation. So with all her heavy make up this is where the little girl does her assignments?

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by patorial(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
I could also guess her daughter isn't an Englishwoman while she is willing to study English in school.

She is not being indoctrinated, just exposing her to other things she doesn't know. She can still choose her choice of belief after the assignment.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by authority2006(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
[s] Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.

Trashy epistle.
Let us emancipate, respect the choice and rights of others. We don't need to force our ways or belief on others once they made it clear to us what their interests and beliefs are. The is the attitude that makes Christians trample upon the Muslim girl students, mentality of either our way or get out.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Buksaylor: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2021
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian model Adetutu Alabi, also known as Adetutu OJ, has lashed out at schools saying her daughter was given “Christian assignment” in school, despite stating she’s neither a Christian nor Muslim, Igbere TV reports.

The single mother of one complained bitterly on her Facebook page on Thursday, adding that schools try to force religion on students.

She said,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3004288593115835&id=100006041704036

Adetutu came to limelight in 2018 when she was followed on social media by Rihanna.

She started a campaign called #tribalmarkschallenge where she advocates for a ban on facial scarring in Africa.

Is that her house..?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Ugandatales: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2021
"I'm in a country that will either make you be a Christian or a Muslim by force."

This is so true. We overlook how crazy this is because we are all indoctrinated to either of this religions as kids, so we think it is normal. But it shouldn't be by force.

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by patorial(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

Trashy epistle.
Let us emancipate, respect the choice and rights of others. We don't need to force our ways or belief on others once they made it clear to us what their interests and beliefs are. The is the attitude that makes Christians trample upon the Muslim girl students, mentality of either our way or get out.

What you don't know is that, as a human being living in a religious environment, you really need to know about the religions around you.

I bet you didn't protest while you were taught English and French in school even you are an UARian
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by authority2006(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2021
hush15:

Better still, what is she doing in school? She should stop her from attending such schools or home tutor her. That's why there is GCE....

Her rant is is just clout chasing

Some of you still need miles to cover in recognising and respecting rights of others. If a parent says: don't teach my kid bible or quran, you would rather tell such parent to withdraw her kid from your school instead of respecting her atheism? And people like you are the ones shouting islamisation agenda up and down. Hypocrites

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Yankee101: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2021
This won't give you the asylum you seek

Nonsense
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2021
Whats wrong if she does?
Ever8090:

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2021
habsydiamond:
What's the saying for.. When u are in Rome u behave like the Romans..I .. It's not compulsory she must convert... She can be doing the subject without putting her mind to it.. If u are not interested in conversion no matter how hard they try it won't happen.

Nice talk from someone that doesn't want Sharia..

Why teaching religion in the first place?

Religion has do us bad than good in this country

I am very sure, we would have progress more than this if not for religion of na me close to God pass or na me be son and daughter of God

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Wadosky(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Her problem is psychological,
trying to rebel against the world for giving her tribal marks.
She wants to pay the society back by being the opposite of everything the society expects her to be.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mikeget804: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2021
What a stup*d rant! If u aren't a Christian, then get a CRS text book for ur child. You can learn CRS as a subject not because u are a Christian. And u don't compulsorily need a Bible to study CRS. Or better still, take ur child to a school where IR studies or CRS is not being taught. Simple and stop ranting over nothing.

We have serious problem like insecurity u should rant about.

Most of these our yeyebraties erh, I feel like spanking them most times. Kissssssßs

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Minjim: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2021
Allow your daughter discover herself.

You keep teaching her your religion and also allow the schools to do same.

When she is matured, she'll discover herself
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
We are all born Atheist..

Until some religious nuts gets hold of you.. undecided

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Minjim:
Allow your daughter discover herself.

You keep teaching her your religion and also allow the schools to do same.

When she is matured, she'll discover herself
Lol..

All these religious fanatics..

Allow her daughter discover herself?

Why don't they allow the daughter to discover herself by not forcing religious crap on her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Obi Cubana’s First Son, Alex’s Grades In School (Photos) / "Yvonne Said Nigerians Are Useless And silly": Man Accused Of Assaulting Actress / Mark Angel Comedy Almost Beaten For Shooting #ENDSARS Skit Amidst Unrest

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49