Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both (47611 Views)

Twitter Ban: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow - CNN / Twitter Needs Nigeria To Grow - CNN / How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Workch: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Rissimenky:

Oh shut up and get lost, you illiterate dunce.

Just because you swim in low self-esteem and inferiority complex does not mean the Truth is not the Truth.

lol, I am telling you the reality. We are like in the stone age. So backward and archaic.

Try to handle the truth
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Workch: 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
Rissimenky:

Just because you swim in low self-esteem and inferiority complex does not mean the Truth is not the Truth.

Nigeria is by far the largest and most buoyant internet ecosystem in Africa. And will be the world's 3rd most populous nation after India and China by 2050.

Every digital company worth its salt is looking to invest big time in Nigeria.

What are you bragging about? Useless country that cannot provide constant electricity and potable water for its citizens.
Is this one a country? Lol cheesy

You probably don't even have power supply in your house currently
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by BlackFlamefromP: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
I can see that you are one of those people who have neither brain nor 'anus'. When people wake up to find that they are unable to login to their twitter account because of the ban on twitter, shie, na your anus them go use login to deactivate their account or do some other things? Do you think it's everybody that is so addicted to twitter that they have to resort to using vpn to bypass the restriction? Vpn comes with its own danger, so I don't think twitter is worth the risk; I can't advise anyone to use vpn just because of twitter. It's not worth it.

Btw, I'm not even suppose to reply you; I'm just doing this for the sake of those who may genuinely be mislead by your misleading and deceptive comment

larryjonze:

On another day would just ignore, you sound like a typical nigerian.
The fact that you havent deactivated means you have an option to access twitter when you want, all it takes is your decision. as long as the choice to visit twitter is totally yours then the BAN is ineffective.
As we speak, active or offline you still count as a member, that is what count as population stats. if una mean business then deactivate maybe then jack will take una serious. aishat understands & knows she had to deactivated.
The ban will be consider effective when its not by your decision you're offline.

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Rissimenky: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
What are you bragging about? Useless country that cannot provide constant electricity and potable water for its citizens.
Is this one a country? Lol cheesy

You probably don't even have power supply in your house currently

You are an illiterate know-nothing PEA BRAIN.

For your information, you COMPOUND DUNCE, 80% of nations on Earth are developing nations, and they all experience power cuts and limited power access, especially the larger populations like India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Egypt etc. There is nothing abnormal about it, and it doesn't make the people of those nations feel inferior like you.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/noida/residents-in-noida-complain-power-cuts/articleshow/83392008.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/work-interupted-unscheduled-power-cuts-irritate-public/articleshow/83072498.cms

https://www.middleeasteye.net/fr/news/egypts-power-outages-compound-559103879

So take your wretched self hatred and inferiority complex and stick it up your stinky butt.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Sipsum: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Dunlop did not comply with laws and relocated to Ghana. That is great.

Dunlop left Nigeria even before Buhari came in.
Government should just make sure that dunlop tires no enter Nigeria market.
They can't pay tax to Ghana and sell tyres in Nigeria.
Way to go Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Sipsum: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kubernetes:

Exactly, but twitter went as far as saying they don't know the person bearing PMB. Can u imagine!!!!

They have deny this, definitely from one of the animals tweeting fake news.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Workch: 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
[s]
Rissimenky:

You are an illiterate know-nothing PEA BRAIN.

For your information, you COMPOUND DUNCE, 80% of nations on Earth are developing nations, and they all experience power cuts and limited power access, especially the larger populations like India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Egypt etc. There is nothing abnormal about it, and it doesn't make the people of those nations feel inferior like you.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/noida/residents-in-noida-complain-power-cuts/articleshow/83392008.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/work-interupted-unscheduled-power-cuts-irritate-public/articleshow/83072498.cms

https://www.middleeasteye.net/fr/news/egypts-power-outages-compound-559103879

So take your wretched self hatred and inferiority complex and stick it up your stinky butt.
[/s] you don’t have potable water dude, you store borehole water in tanks, that’s not a quality lifestyle.

An average Nigerian lives like an animal and he’s comfortable with it.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Sipsum: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Osyxcel:

Very well said.

FG are targeting Twitter because there are more youths there. Let them touch Whatsapp and FB and they'll face backlash from a greater population including adults. Afterall, I read that FB also removed the post of the President, why were they not banned?

If any liberation is to come to the people of Nigeria from the wicked and oppressive governments we have today, it'll be triggered by the youths. The older generation have been subdued and caged with fear. That's what the Government doesn't want - liberation.

Government did not target Twitter, Twitter CEO fumbled and he got slapped.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Rissimenky: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
[s][/s] you don’t have potable water dude, you store borehole water in tanks, that’s not a quality lifestyle.

An average Nigerian lives like an animal and he’s comfortable with it.

You are an ignorant dunce with no brain. Pipe borne water only became widely available in the last century, in a world that has been civilized for TENS OF THOUSANDS of years.

So SHUT UP. Not having pipe borne water does not mean you ''live like an animal''.

People have lived VERY WELL INDEED having a well or borehole, and it is actually safer than pipe borne water, whose contents you don't really know.

The real issue is SAFETY of the water, and using boreholes ensures you are getting safe fresh water.

India and many other countries you worship have far worse water issues than Nigeria.

''India is suffering from one of the world's worst national water crises. ... More than 50% of the population has no access to safe drinking water and about 200,000 people die every year for lack of access to safe water.''

https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/science/indias-water-crisis-is-there-a-solution/2089860/

So go to India and call them animals, let's see how fast they whup your dumb behind.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Sipsum: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
nedzuby:

The truth is more countries are watching to see what will happen to Nigeria and as it is going, USA, UK etc can only threaten but can’t do anything to a sovereign country and with this outcome more Governments will start banning Twitter in their countries.

Twitter must have been overstepping their boundaries in so many countries.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by ledaman: 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The danger is that foreign tech companies should not be in a position to determine what is good to say and what is not good to say. It even gets more complicated when the CEO of the company keeps mixing his political views with what users of the company’s platform can say or cannot say.

Another problem is the issue of regulation. A media space that is unregulated will sooner or later create chaos. The media contributed significantly to the Rwanda genocide. We all saw the role Twitter played in the destruction of Lagos last year and the Capitol Hill riot early this year. It’s good for tech companies to promote freedom of speech but they must do so under a define regulatory framework and without political bias.

Twitter is registered as a business entity in UK, EU, India and other advanced countries. They should also be made to register as a company in Nigeria under our laws.
Knowledge and wisdom will never depart from you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Sipsum: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
lol, I am telling you the reality. We are like in the stone age. So backward and archaic.

Try to handle the truth

You and your people are like what you described.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by sabidey: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Most social media are built on fundamental of human existence - freedom and liberalism. Humans love freedom and that is the reason wars are being fought. Any platform that will not guarantee freedom of expression is likely pro-government and any platform without bias for people will make people to jettison such platform.

It is now people v governments in many lands with social media on the side of the people.
i don't think the social media is by the side of the people in the contest against the government. I think the social media has a hidden agenda, and playing the side of the people against the government is the only way to actualize their agenda
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Blessedassuranc:

No one is brainwashing anyone here.. RESPECT IS EARNED AND NEVER GIVEN. okay? As for your business flourishing, i just hope it isnt ontop of other people's blood .

Stick to the argument, don't deviate, don't derail. I'm sure that if you look around you, you will see many businesses flourishing as well.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
mayo47:

It's the reality. I am not sure how you arrived "we're a market to beat in Africa with our population". You might need to improve your understanding on economics and business environment. MTN and DSTV operate in oligopolistic market (Very few indusry players, thus will always make lots of money unlike in a competitive industry where the barrier to entry isnt low)

It is simple, very simple. Even if our purchasing power is infinitesimal compared to South Africa or Egypt, by the time you look at the population consuming a particular item or service in Nigeria, whatever deficient we have in terms of purchasing power, the number of people consuming such an item or service will make up for what you are talking about. That's how our population comes into effect.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Osyxcel:

Very well said.

FG are targeting Twitter because there are more youths there. Let them touch Whatsapp and FB and they'll face backlash from a greater population including adults. Afterall, I read that FB also removed the post of the President, why were they not banned?

Facebook didn't suspend the president's account like twitter did for 12 hours.
Jack didn't play any direct role in Nigeria unrest and some violence that ended with killings of security agents and destructions of properties that worth billions of naira

If any liberation is to come to the people of Nigeria from the wicked and oppressive governments we have today, it'll be triggered by the youths. The older generation have been subdued and caged with fear. That's what the Government doesn't want - liberation.

You are already liberated in Nigeria and have as much freedom as any American or British has, if not more.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by isahsalee: 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Have you try to study twitter policy , rules and regulation ? First, tweets must be reported before it can be flagged and possibly deleted.

Twitter is online platform. I think Nigeria is a signatory to open internet and freedom of expression as fundamental human right. Twiitter products and services can be assessed from Nigeria just like we can assess thousands of products without those companies having physical offices in Nigeria.

Twitter did not cause Rwanda genocide. There was no social media then. If there was social media, genocide might have been prevented because world would get to known about it immediately.

Reckless shooting of lekki protesters trigged waves of violence that erupted after that. It was not Twitter that first broadcasted it. People watched it in the live Instagram and the clips were shared via whatapp and Facebook. I think government should worry about whatapp and Facebook. The users of those platforms don't question source of information. Twitter users are known to question source of information. They are more mature and professional.

Government can regulate anything it wants. I am certain that if regulation is to prevent people from criticising the government , populace would find means of mobilising against it which may lead to civil unrest or war. Government should always open to discussion or use information in social media to solve problems.

Humans are borne free in all ramifications. Governments are known as oppressors. Ecc 8:9

Oga, tell Twitter to maintain its ground ooo because, owns the countries and can decides for the countries how the countries governed her citizens.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by isahsalee: 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
I have moved on since, am now with Koo and its cool for me.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
I can see that you are one of those people who have neither brain nor 'anus'. When people wake up to find that they are unable to login to their twitter account because of the ban on twitter, shie, na your anus them go use login to deactivate their account or do some other things? Do you think it's everybody that is so addicted to twitter that they have to resort to using vpn to bypass the restriction? Vpn comes with its own danger, so I don't think twitter is worth the risk; I can't advise anyone to use vpn just because of twitter. It's not worth it.

Btw, I'm not even suppose to reply you; I'm just doing this for the sake of those who may genuinely be mislead by your misleading and deceptive comment

I should av known i was talkin to a robot, my bad ! FIY with ordinary setting on opera mini you can visit twitter as you like, its doesnt require vpn. just wondering if aishat buhari could go thru the stress of deactivating via vpn who d fvck are you. whats so important in ur life anyway that 5min of trying to deactivate will jeopardize or take away. you aint just serious little wonder sane peope don"t take buhari serious.
aboki, you live in nigeria n all you're worried about is vpn risk grin can you even boast that your life n property is secured under these useless govt. come out of ur cave n listen to news you will know living in nigeria is a bigger risk & the most dangerous decision.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Ayobami7(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Okay
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by nedzuby: 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Rissimenky:

Nigeria is by far the largest and most buoyant internet ecosystem in Africa. And will be the world's 3rd most populous nation after India and China by 2050.

Every digital company worth its salt is looking to invest big time in Nigeria.

They have no idea how great Nigeria is. I see people come online to talk trash about Nigeria thinking other countries don’t have their own issues which might even be worse than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by nedzuby: 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sipsum:

Government did not target Twitter, Twitter CEO fumbled and he got slapped.

QED

Nigeria Government is holding Jack’s balls and no matter how much he incite the youths FG will not allow Twitter until he seats with them and agree their Terms and condition
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by nedzuby: 11:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
SaintLucia:
You still didn't answer his question.... Where is the freedom of speech if you continue to talk of freedom of speech and at the same time reporting people comments to be deleted? grin

Yes o.... Their rules and regulations is based on who have the most vernomous comment that can set Nigeria on fire if not Bubu administration won't have suspended them grin

It’s time for Twitter to agree/sign Nigerian T/C or make they carry their market go Ghana.

And from the look of things more Government will soon ban Twitter in their countries
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 4:16am On Jun 14, 2021
Sipsum:

Dunlop left Nigeria even before Buhari came in.
Government should just make sure that dunlop tires no enter Nigeria market.
They can't pay tax to Ghana and sell tyres in Nigeria.
Way to go Buhari.

Dunlop and companies that left Nigeria are still selling their products in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 4:20am On Jun 14, 2021
sabidey:
i don't think the social media is by the side of the people in the contest against the government. I think the social media has a hidden agenda, and playing the side of the people against the government is the only way to actualize their agenda
Social media have no any hidden agenda. They are just doing business.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 4:22am On Jun 14, 2021
isahsalee:

Oga, tell Twitter to maintain its ground ooo because, owns the countries and can decides for the countries how the countries governed her citizens.
Read about open internet which your government is a signatory to.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by olmoRoc: 6:52am On Jun 14, 2021
That's a lie. Indians and Nigerians need Twitter more.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Workch: 7:02am On Jun 14, 2021
Rissimenky:

You are an ignorant dunce with no brain. Pipe borne water only became widely available in the last century, in a world that has been civilized for TENS OF THOUSANDS of years.

So SHUT UP. Not having pipe borne water does not mean you ''live like an animal''.

People have lived VERY WELL INDEED having a well or borehole, and it is actually safer than pipe borne water, whose contents you don't really know.

The real issue is SAFETY of the water, and using boreholes ensures you are getting safe fresh water.

India and many other countries you worship have far worse water issues than Nigeria.

''India is suffering from one of the world's worst national water crises. ... More than 50% of the population has no access to safe drinking water and about 200,000 people die every year for lack of access to safe water.''

https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/science/indias-water-crisis-is-there-a-solution/2089860/

So go to India and call them animals, let's see how fast they whup your dumb behind.
How can you say that Indians and Nigerians don’t live like animals?

An average Nigerian don’t hVe access to standard lifestyle including you.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by babyfaceafrica: 7:04am On Jun 14, 2021
joyandfaith:

Social media have no any hidden agenda. They are just doing business.
you are naive, if you believe this, the same social media that harvest people information and sell? Lolz
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
you are naive, if you believe this, the same social media that harvest people information and sell? Lolz
You have no brain if you think social media are just about hidden agenda.
Useless conspiracy theory.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by babyfaceafrica: 7:14am On Jun 14, 2021
joyandfaith:

You have no brain if you think social media are just about hidden agenda.
Useless conspiracy theory.
resorting to insults as usual
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
resorting to insults as usual

You started the insult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Maryland Wears New Look Ahead Of Lagos@50 Anniversary (photos) / Pictures Of The Battle For The Mace Of The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.