Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? (1622 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Alawe(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
Between someone "you don't love that much" but you're sure of her Character, that you will live well with her
And,
Someone you "love so much" but you aren't sure of her character if you can live well with here.

Which one can you get married to?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
First one
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Amanee(f): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
None of them, marriage shouldn't be a trade-off between your peace of mind and feelings

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Winneygirl(f): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Do you even know their opinion about your own character, or this is based off of you thinking that your 'character ' is just fine?

8 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by crackhaus: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
This should not be a difficult choice at all...
Go for the first one 100%.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by ifex370(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
You can't be really sure of someones character.

Go with the one you can serve and is willing to put in as much work towards a collective success.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by victoryukpong(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Winneygirl:
Do you even know their opinion about your own character, or this is based off of you thinking that your 'character ' is just fine?

true, I've come to know that marriage chemistry has to have a chemistry Union between both your feelings and peace of mind

I'm the type that loves to build my woman to my taste as far as she's willing to go the extra mile for me (that is if she loves me)

the first one looks ok, but do she love you or think of you as someone homely too

before embarking on such journey as marriage you bed to cover and secure all the roads successfully so that you're sure to live a happy life forever
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Winneygirl(f): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
victoryukpong:

true, I've come to know that marriage chemistry has to have a chemistry Union between both your feelings and peace of mind

I'm the type that loves to build my woman to my taste as far as she's willing to go the extra mile for me (that is if she loves me)

the first one looks ok, but do she love you or think of you as someone homely too

before embarking on such journey as marriage you bed to cover and secure all the roads successfully so that you're sure to live a happy life forever

The first mistake you are making is to think that you will 'build a woman to your taste'.
You want to change her from what she is to something you have in your mind as your ideal woman. There can never be true happiness in that union.
Instead of you to look for a lady that matches your 'taste', you want to take someone and 'mold' them into what you want. What about what she wants? You're not even considering that.
You just sound like an oppressor. You are already planning all the work she will have to do by "going the extra mile" for you.
Just say you're looking for a slave.

12 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by frozen70(f): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Alawe:
Between someone "you don't love that much" but you're sure of her Character, that you will live well with her
And,
Someone you "love so much" but you aren't sure of her character if you can live well with here.

Understanding one character is the way to go

Loving someone grows with time but a single dirty attitude can frustrate a relationship
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by mariahAngel(f): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Alawe:
And,

Feelings are illusions and can be deceiving.
If you're going to love, love intentionally and decisively with your understanding. It'll prevent you from getting carried away by excitement and overlooking what you cannot tolerate.
Don't lose yourself (self will) to feelings, whatever they may be. They don't last forever.
Don't fall in love, choose who to love.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by efficiencie(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
...love abi lust...feelings! Those feelings you have today will be satiated tomorrow and soon enough you will be left with reality...marry to have peace of mind and not a piece of (phock) meat...
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Greatzeus(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amanee:
None of them, marriage shouldn't be a trade-off between your peace of mind and feelings
Yes good marriage should provide both peace of mind and love. You are wise wink

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Victoria938(f): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
My ADVICE TO YOU IS TAKE IT TO GOD ALMIGHTY IN PRAYER. He is ever faithful and will reveal to you the wise choice.
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by jantman(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Alawe:
And,

Kill that your affection and go for the peace of mind own
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by victoryukpong(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Winneygirl:

The first mistake you are making is to think that you will 'build a woman to your taste'.
You want to change her from what she is to something you have in your mind as your ideal woman. There can never be true happiness in that union.
Instead of you to look for a lady that matches your 'taste', you want to take someone and 'mold' them into what you want. What about what she wants? You're not even considering that.
You just sound like an oppressor. You are already planning all the work she will have to do by "going the extra mile" for you.
Just say you're looking for a slave.

wait woah that was never my intention
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Between A and B, choose A.
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by ashewoboy(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amanee:

what type of partner should a person marry?
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by bestabigaelever(f): 12:52am On Jun 14, 2021
Choose peace of mind
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by legacystore: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2021
quote author=Alawe post=102679154]Between someone "you don't love that much" but you're sure of her Character, that you will live well with her
And,

Which one can you get married to?[/quote]

Love is not a feeling it's a choice so choose who to love.

Common sense
Character
Someone with source of income or at least hardworking

Very important in marriage stop chasing beauty (height, ass n boobs) n calling it love bc without common sense n character they will only give u high blood pressure.
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by WrksOnMyMachine: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2021
Alawe:
And,
Someone you "love so much" but you aren't sure of her character if you can live well with her.

A man has no business with love. Love is good, yes, but no man should base his union with a woman on love. That is a woman's job.

Arranged marriages are still the most successful marriages in the world. So, don't be a fool and base a lifelong decision on emotions.

Look at her family, look at her mother, her sisters, her friends.

Also do not marry from large families where each member is unemployed or underemployed.

Marrying from a small family 3, 4, 5; i.e I child, 2 children or 3 children. .. Always reject the first daughter from an economically disadvantaged family ... rarely does it turn out well.
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Winneygirl(f): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2021
victoryukpong:

wait woah that was never my intention

Well, that was what you stated.
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by victoryukpong(m): 2:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Winneygirl:

Well, that was what you stated.
phew i broke. up with her, happy now
at least i can now go for castration
let's call this chapter closed
Re: Which Of These Is Advisable To Go For In Marriage? by Elporo(m): 1:23am On Jul 24, 2021
angry

(1) (Reply)

Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS / A Satisfied Woman / Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.