Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Does English Team Underperform? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does English Team Underperform? (345 Views)

Which English Team Has Won The Most Trophies Since 2000 To 2021? / 5 Reasons Why African Teams Underperform In The World Cup / Mbappe Could Have Been Bribed To Underperform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does English Team Underperform? by XYZo: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Right from the days of Beckham, Owen , Lampard, Gerrard etc till this time . The English team have always boast of world class players but nothing to show forth in results.

Whoever watched England vs Croatia would note thky to grind out a goal . Despite that the Croatian team has been terrible for a while .

Is this a curse or what ?
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Localmann(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
This is not a curse is because they are overrated in the biggest stages
With what they played against Croatia i don't think they can reach the semi-final of the on-going Euro

Contact me for your Gift card redeem check my signature
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by heniford2: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
Poor selection and coaching staff
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Majority of them are just bunch of overrated players.

And the players hardly go out to play in other leagues
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
heniford2:
Poor selection and coaching staff
If i was the coach, I would play Jack Grealish ahead of Sterling

1 Like

Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by heniford2: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If i was the coach, I would play Jack Grealish ahead of Sterling
true but sterling speed is a threat too but his composure is bad where he played foden is not best place and walker starting to against James
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Philip4564(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
heniford2:
true but sterling speed is a threat too but his composure is bad where he played foden is not best place and walker starting to against James
yeah I was telling someone at the viewing centre that Southgate played Foden out of position
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Philip4564(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Even their defence looks shaky this team will suffer against a better attacking team like Belgium
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by ojaysam25(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Most of their players are overated.
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by paulolee(m): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
overrated bunch all hiding behind the glory of EPL..
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by paulolee(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Localmann:
This is not a curse is because they are overrated in the biggest stages
With what they played against Croatia i don't think they can reach the semi-final of the on-going Euro

Contact me for your Gift card redeem check my signature
swears bro...I saw dt weak lineup n jua pity them...dey jus gat name bt not on form only 2 or 3 can make dt France team starting lineup going on form

1 Like

Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by paulolee(m): 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Majority of them are just bunch of overrated players.

And the players hardly go out to play in other leagues
they cant bcoz dey would lose the media hype in EPL n dts why lingaaard n even wilshare prefare to play for a lower league than going abroad bcoz na bench n loan go kee dm...
DTS d same reason dt sancho guy is trying to return to EPL..
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by paulolee(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Philip4564:
Even their defence looks shaky this team will suffer against a better attacking team like Belgium
they are poor all through their position even their midfield n attack n i dnt see them reaching the semis unless they pick form...
na southgate i pity bcoz na him go chop d sack bcoz he lack balls..
if a mourinho or pep coach dis team eeh. i swear so many things would change starting from dt weak lineup dominated by names banking on past glory..
Re: Why Does English Team Underperform? by Aurelius1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
You are all forgetting that the Croatians are no pushovers. A team with the likes of Perisic, Modric, Kovacic, Kramaric and Rebic is certainly not a small team. Let's see how they'll perform in subsequent matches before we judge them.

(1) (Reply)

Argentina 3 : 0 Ecuardo / Steven Gerrard Set To Face Celtic Champions League Third Qualifying Round Drawra / BREAKING: Sky Brown Crowned Great Britain's Youngest Olympic Medallist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.