Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

A Stiff Elbow. HELP - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Stiff Elbow. HELP (660 Views)

Elbow-bumps And Footshakes: The New Coronavirus Etiquette? / Rashes On My Laps And Elbow / Help! My 5 Year Old Boy’s Palms, Elbow And Knees Have Been Peeling Since He 2. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Stiff Elbow. HELP by 9jajoseph: 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
My brother of 11 years old had an accident while playing ball(a month plus now). He dislocated his Elbow joint. Some guys around him helped him to set it in order, tied it with bandage. Some days later the joint in the elbow got dislocated again. A friend recommend I take him to one Ijaw man nearby to get it fixed.

I took him there, he charged me before commencing treatment. he rubbed him some oily substance and pushed the dislocated joint to the rightful position. And tied it with stick and bandage

My brother went through hell that day. All the pain killer drugs and sleeping tablets I got for him. None worked. I took him back there the following day because of the pains. The Ijaw man loose the bandage.

I took him home and within some hours his hands started swellow to the extent that he couldn't lift the hand up due to the heaviness. I got a drugs (hydrex) for him. Within some 5 days the swellow hand dried up. Now I noticed that the fingers aren't twitching again. And the elbow is stiff. I took him to the ijaw man he starts messaging it once in 2 days for 2 weeks plus. But there wasn't any improvement neither was the finger moving again. I got really pissed and told him to stop the treatment.

I took him for xray to ascertain if he have a broken bone but the xray reviewed that the bones are not broken and bones are in the rightful position.

I want to know if there is any hospital or any orthopedics that can tell me why his fingers has not been twitching for a month plus now and why the elbow is stiff before taking him to hospital again.

Below is the xray results. Am in Lagos

Lalasticlala pls can you help me move it to the front page

Re: A Stiff Elbow. HELP by frozen70(f): 1:04am On Jun 14, 2021
9jajoseph:
My brother of 11 years old had an accident while playing ball(a month plus now). He dislocated his Elbow joint. Some guys around him helped him to set it in order, tied it with bandage. Some days later the joint in the elbow got dislocated again. A friend recommend I take him to one Ijaw man nearby to get it fixed.

I took him there, he charged me before commencing treatment. he rubbed him some oily substance and pushed the dislocated joint to the rightful position. And tied it with stick and bandage

My brother went through hell that day. All the pain killer drugs and sleeping tablets I got for him. None worked. I took him back there the following day because of the pains. The Ijaw man loose the bandage.

I took him home and within some hours his hands started swellow to the extent that he couldn't lift the hand up due to the heaviness. I got a drugs (hydrex) for him. Within some 5 days the swellow hand dried up. Now I noticed that the fingers aren't twitching again. And the elbow is stiff. I took him to the ijaw man he starts messaging it once in 2 days for 2 weeks plus. But there wasn't any improvement neither was the finger moving again. I got really pissed and told him to stop the treatment.

I took him for xray to ascertain if he have a broken bone but the xray reviewed that the bones are not broken and bones are in the rightful position.

I want to know if there is any hospital or any orthopedics that can tell me why his fingers has not been twitching for a month plus now and why the elbow is stiff before taking him to hospital again.

Below is the xray results. Am in Lagos

Lalasticlala pls can you help me move it to the front page

I thank God that his bone wasn't broken, but there are more to look out for more tgst than bone

His nerves may have been affected

His ligaments may have been affected

It could be the vain supplying blood that was affected

The blood supply to the fingers may have been reduced or not supplying at all due to the injury

You don't need to panic, take him to orthopedic hospital at Igbobi for proper treatment and diagnosis before it gets out of hand

Once a part of the body doesn't move, it means no blood supply there and blood is life

I never liked the bone setters because they may cause more harm

The elbow has a joint and I hope its still intact
Re: A Stiff Elbow. HELP by 9jajoseph: 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
frozen70:

I thank God that his bone wasn't broken, but there are more to look out for more tgst than bone

His nerves may have been affected

His ligaments may have been affected

It could be the vain supplying blood that was affected

The blood supply to the fingers may have been reduced or not supplying at all due to the injury

You don't need to panic, take him to orthopedic hospital at Igbobi for proper treatment and diagnosis before it gets out of hand

Once a part of the body doesn't move, it means no blood supply there and blood is life

I never liked the bone setters because they may cause more harm

The elbow has a joint and I hope its still intact
I really appreciate your input. I will do that right away. But don't know where this igbobi. Below is the doctors report

Re: A Stiff Elbow. HELP by frozen70(f): 4:46am On Jun 15, 2021
9jajoseph:
I really appreciate your input. I will do that right away. But don't know where this igbobi. Below is the doctors report
The reports are OK if not for the fulness of the tissues, he just need proper medical attention on it by an orthopedic doctor

Igbobi is nit far from where you did that test in yaba

From Ojuelegba take a bus going to Palm Grove and drop at Igbobi hospital

From Oshodi, take a bus going to Yaba Paml Grove and drop at Igbobi hospital then cross to the other side
Re: A Stiff Elbow. HELP by 9jajoseph: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2021
frozen70:

The reports are OK if not for the fulness of the tissues, he just need proper medical attention on it by an orthopedic doctor

Igbobi is nit far from where you did that test in yaba

From Ojuelegba take a bus going to Palm Grove and drop at Igbobi hospital

From Oshodi, take a bus going to Yaba Paml Grove and drop at Igbobi hospital then cross to the other side
I really appreciate. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Graphics!! / How To Fade Hyperpigmentation On The Face / AIDS Is Real ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.