Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52022 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

357 Likes 43 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
It is well with all the graduates out there searching for source of livelihood.

161 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by wearsandtrends1: 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
I really hate to say this but i can relate...

I blew 10k jus this week and i am on a 20k salary

Back to square 1

Things are really hard my guy.

But once theres life theres hope

Abeg Nairalanders help my ministry i Buy customized wrist candy and other men accessories

Whatsapp 090.75986514

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by budaatum: 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
budaatum:

My dear, I laugh.

Yes, that is what I did. I cleaned non-government toilets to pay my way through school and to get my first degree, after which I could not get a job in my chosen field and so went on cleaning toilets.

Then I got promoted to chief toilet cleaner due to my diligence in toilet cleaning, and eventually became the manager of hundreds of toilet cleaners before being promoted again to become the manager of the managers of toilet cleaners, after which I got employed to manage thousands in other fields that had nothing to do with toilet cleaning, and this is like 30 years later so fill in the gap if you so please.

22 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=102693605][/quote]
Hmmmmm. This might not work for everyone you know. Nice one though.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Stevenbright(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
SpringofLife:

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

If you can teach, resign from the hotel, take up a teaching job. While on the teaching job, look out for pupils or students whose parents need home lesson for and get like two or more so that the lesson payment added to your monthly teaching salary will make it worthwhile. Save up and then start something for yourself.

416 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by wunmi590(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ever8090: 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Doing menial jobs at construction sites will fetch you more money and you will definitely be free from this disgusting stuffs i just read here..if you happen to get a site that will last for a month or two, you will make more than the 50k you are looking for..

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ibechris(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Interestingly,this is the time to re-educate and dispel those old thoughts that says,go to school and become rich" it does not work in this time of ours.

Nigeria govt has made it a sin to be employed without knowing anyone.

U have to face the reality my brother.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ThaThinka: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
As bad as this country appears to be, I almost found this hard to believe. Things happen and can be saddening.

Keep moving on, soldier! This phase shall pass.

I see you write well. Why don't you give online content writing a try? It might not make you rich, but you may be able to get something better than you currently earn. A secret: that's contributed greatly to my not worrying so much about lack of a job all these years.

As someone suggested above, you may also try working as a teacher. You will at least have more time to do other things or earn extra doing tutorials.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by FirefliesSun(f): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

You are still luck. The reason why I said this is because you still get to wake up in good health. All you just need is to think of a way forward. Things are bad in the country and that's a fact.

If you hear other graduates story ehemmmm u will cry. There was one I read a while back in jobs & vacancy section, I think the moniker is Aabuja , he talked about being a 2016 graduate. Check the thread, you will see people who are still unemployed at over 8 years after school. People who are still stucked with their aged parents.

Even me as it is,if I looked back and had to choose between working for other people, being emotional abused or being between learning a trade and being self employed: I will learn a trade. What can 35k do at the end of the day

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
It is well with you.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by iamademola(m): 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jalodo2: 1:22am On Jun 14, 2021
SpringofLife:

The bogus stories comes first ( the usual trend). You are doing 15k job,with all u describef? Them tie u? Even thiose women washing clothes for people in different households makes up to 20k daily. Menial jobs self no pay pass that? I believe u are exaggerating for pity biko. As usual u don prepare d moniker down for this. With ur 2:1 is teaching job not bether than what u described? True no job, people are suffering but this ur tory get as e be. U don take sugar spoil am cos u want people pity and probably.... raise 50k .... let me not conclude yet.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Hypnotise: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2021
SpringofLife Try to learn a skill like barbing or work on Fiverr as a freelancer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2021
ThaThinka:
As bad as this country appears to be, I almost found this hard to believe. Things happen and can be saddening.

I see you write well. Why don't you give online content writing a try? It might not make you rich, but you may be able to get something better than you currently earn. A secret: that's contributed greatly to my not worrying so much about lack of a job all these years.

As someone suggested above, you may also try working as a teacher. You will at least have more time to do other things or earn extra doing tutorials.

Please I'm really interested in the online content writing. Help me with any link if you have please. I believe I can do that very well. Thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2021
jalodo2:
The bogus stories comes first ( the usual trend). You are doing 15k job,with all u describef? Them tie u? Even thiose women washing clothes for people in different households makes up to 20k daily. Menial jobs self no pay pass that? I believe u are exaggerating for pity biko. As usual u don prepare d moniker down for this. With ur 2:1 is teaching job not bether than what u described? True no job, people are suffering but this ur tory get as e be. U don take sugar spoil am cos u want people pity and probably.... raise 50k .... let me not conclude yet.

Thank God you refrained from concluding yet. And of course, nobody ties me to the job but reading through it, you should understand I'm very far from happiness seeing myself where I am. Comprehensibly, the post is actually not aimed at generating the 50k as mentioned but rather a better employment opportunity. As for the teaching job, schools were among the places I applied but never got the job. Thank you for your concern.

62 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Justice505: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2021
ThaThinka:

Please teach me how to be a good content writer.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ThaThinka: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
SpringofLife:

Please I'm really interested in the online content writing. Help me with any link if you have please. I believe I can do that very well. Thank you.

We're making progress, I guess. smiley

I think the easier approach would be for you to read up about how to do online content writing (or online writing jobs) via Google. Then send me a PM when you need further clarification or have unanswered questions. Okay?

Justice505, I honestly can't say I can teach you how to be a good content writer. You just need to be able to write coherent sentences to start with; if that's covered, you could also do what I suggested above.

Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Twista88(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

Good evening sir.. I studied chemical engineering and I will be grateful sir if there's anyway you can assist me as I really need help.. I will be grateful sir.. Thank you

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by hottadiva(f): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
Can you drive? I have someone who needs a driver at mafoluku oshodi and is willing to pay 40k

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Twista88(m): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
iamademola:

Good evening sir.. I studied chemical engineering and I will be grateful sir if there's anyway you can assist me as I really need help.. I will be grateful sir.. Thank you ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by LaCremy: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
Springoflife go through my profile and contact me if you’re interested in writing.

9 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by GboyegaD(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
Oga, for your safety, quit the job. It is wrong for you to touch human excrete and blood stains from my understanding should be reported.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
LaCremy:
Springoflife go through my profile and contact me if you’re interested in writing.

Alright sir. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by JOACHINpedro: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2021
FirefliesSun:

You are still luck
How is that luck?? sad

Op I suggest you lay your complaint to the hotel manager. That work is demeaning to any human.
The Hotel HR should inspect the rooms of the customers checking out, if they messed it up let them clean their own mess.
I can't accept such modern day slavery.

SpringofLife
No hardworking graduate deserve such treatment.
I also suggest you do volunteering works to the firm you wana work for. The passion for the job would suffice the no-payment policy you would have agreed with them. Let it be a training for you. Maybe 3times a week thingy then get a menial job that can be getting you small small change for the body and soul to be kept together.
Anyways, I'm not yet a graduate but it breaks my heart to see people suffer after suffering in school.
Good luck bro

6 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by fannybaby(f): 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
iamademola:

Excuse me... Do you work in dangote group of company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

How is that luck?? sad

Op I suggest you lay your complaint to the hotel manager. That work is demeaning to any human.
The Hotel HR should inspect the rooms of the customers checking out, if they messed it up let them clean their own mess.
I can't accept such modern day slavery.

SpringofLife
No hardworking graduate deserve such treatment.
I also suggest you do volunteering works to the firm you wana work for. The passion for the job would suffice the no-payment policy you would have agreed with them. Let it be a training for you. Maybe 3times a week thingy then get a menial job that can be getting you small small change for the body and soul to be kept together.
Anyways, I'm not yet a graduate but it breaks my heart to see people suffer after suffering in school.
Good luck bro

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by lereinter(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2021
You didn't see secondary school to teach

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning / Mother Of 3 Rides Keke In Umuahia (Photos) / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.