Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Experienced Mothers Help Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Experienced Mothers Help Me (971 Views)

Mothers… Help us Understand This! / Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. / Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Mothers Help Me by Easybela(f): 6:06am On Jun 14, 2021
Its almost 2weeks I put to bed,since then,I have taken and still taking whatever people recommended for my breast to produce much milk but yet,my breast is still not producing enough milk for my baby, I have to introduce water to support the breastfeeding because he cries so much whenever he sucks but not satisfied. Pls what's the implications of giving him watery papa at this stage? Or should I rather support the breastfeeding with milk?,pls,if you have gone through this,how did you cope?
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Sunnymatey(m): 6:27am On Jun 14, 2021
Have you tried eating watery boiled white rice?
With enough pepper

Mind you, no fish o or maggi, cray fish.
Just watery rice, salt and pepper.
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Rotimioyin12: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2021
Please give the baby formula, no water or no watery pap as it doesn't have the right nutrients for the baby
There are instances like in your case were the mother doesn't produce enough breast milk and in this situation you should supplement with formula .

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by legacystore: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2021
Easybela:
Its almost 2weeks I put to bed,since then,I have taken and still taking whatever people recommended for my breast to produce much milk but yet,my breast is still not producing enough milk for my baby, I have to introduce water to support the breastfeeding because he cries so much whenever he sucks but not satisfied. Pls what's the implications of giving him watery papa at this stage? Or should I rather support the breastfeeding with milk?,pls,if you have gone through this,how did you cope?

Get Nan 1 n feed him for 3 months at least b4 pap
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Easybela(f): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2021
I have done that and everybody shouted at me for giving him milk so early
legacystore:

Get Nan 1 n feed him for 3 months at least b4 pap
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Easybela(f): 6:59am On Jun 14, 2021
Thanks
Rotimioyin12:
Please give the baby formula, no water or no watery pap as it doesn't have the right nutrients for the baby
There are instances like in your case were the mother doesn't produce enough breast milk and in this situation you should supplement with formula .
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Foodqueen(f): 7:09am On Jun 14, 2021
People always av different opinions for new mothers.

Do what's best for you and your baby(introduce formula).

You should eat enough fruits and vegetables and most importantly eat healthy.

If you can drink garri pls do.

Garri work like magic for me

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Easybela(f): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2021
K
Rotimioyin12:
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Easybela(f): 7:13am On Jun 14, 2021
Wow,garri? I went through C.S,hope it will be safe for me?
I really appreciate you all,thanks everyone
Foodqueen:
People always av different opinions for new mothers.

Do what's best for you and your baby(introduce formula).

You should eat enough fruits and vegetables and most importantly eat healthy.

If you can drink garri pls do.

Garri work like magic for me
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by legacystore: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2021
Easybela:
I have done that and everybody shouted at me for giving him milk so early

It's not just milk it's a baby formula. People around you are starck illiterates don't listen to them. Get information from Doctors or Nurses where u delivered ur baby to confirm this.

Concerning ur breast milk, have u tried palm wine works like magic

3 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2021
You are visiting quack hospital, you really don't like yourself
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:56am On Jun 14, 2021
Then I hear eating ugwu is good for breastfeeding moms
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by mutter(f): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2021
Please give him appropriate milk but only after breastfeeding.
Sometimes it takes longer but then the milk increases.
... and if it doesn't just give the bottle.
It isn't your fault

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by wunmi590(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Easybela:

Introduce milk supplement as some people have suggested...

Or you tell your husband to help you suck you breast, it might have been a little bit block for your baby to suck out...

It happened to my wife, then after two days, the breast milk was coming out well and my baby was sucking it fine...

My baby doesn't joke with breast ooo... grin
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by fonzieclothing(f): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Instead of giving him pap, you the mother should be the one taking very watery pap with liquid milk. And if its OK by you, you could also look for Pammy and take. Na you go dey fine pad to hold the flow.

3 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations on your delivery.

It's normal for your breastmilk to be slow due to the CS you said you did...you haven't regain your full strength and haven't started eating normally.
The tip that worked for me was drinking hot pap myself, and bournvita separate, pap will make your breastmilk filled to your baby's satisfaction, don't introduce any formula yet, the baby is still little, work on your diet and you'll see the changes.
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Abilistic(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
Baby's formula like should be best instead of watery pap.

Please drink enough pami - palm wine, it helps
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by mysticgal(f): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
I may not be a mom or stuff but go to health section and look for new babies thread. They have answers there. They are mothers and always helpful. Besides that a cousin sister of mine who went through same thing took something called lactation cookies and it helped with her milk supply. You may want to try it.
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by LadySarah: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

Enter here and get the help and guide you need.
Meanwhile your baby should be on Nan1 or Sma etc. depending on ur pocket for at least 3 mths before introducing the watery pap.
Also understand that not every woman's milk runs(well).Just try not to worry much and be positive.Also keep putting baby to the breast,it will stimulate it the more.
Congratulations
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by TinaG(f): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Kindly get SMA gold for him, it's more better and more nutritious for him.
Re: Experienced Mothers Help Me by Janosky: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
Fresh,early morning palm wine & fresh fruits like watermelon & pineapple very good for nursing mothers.

Also, breastfeeding your "big baby" spouse works wonders- the nipple ducts will open like flood gate.
(After all,dem boobies is on loan from spouse to new born baby until weaning).

(1) (Reply)

Husbands/men Which Of These Can You Do? / Money Management in Marriage / Did You Ever Wet The Bed, If You Did, At What Age Did You Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.