Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces (20948 Views)

Are Female Members Of Nigerian Armed Forces Allowed To Plait Their Hair / NPOWER Has Changed My Career Prospect. / Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
marvin906:

I wish it's as easy as most of you guys make it to be.
Advice to the girl..
Try the navy or airforce..
The pay is good
Likely location is a military hospital

Alaye, don't discourage anybody abeg!

Don't project your own reality on others.

There are over 8 thousand Nigerian Doctors in thr UK alone.

Not to talk of the US.

The UK army was headhunting for Doctors a while back.

She should try Navy Or Airforce, the pay is good?

How much is the pay?
...and for a Job where your chances of further Medical training is slim?

Abeg!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
Islamabadd:

A military Doctor who is a consultant and a Major General earns about 2 million per month.

That gives you about 100m in 4 years, not even 5.

Go figure, dunce!

You are a thief!

Is this not your original post?

Join the army.

The bigger the crowd, the better cash.

Don't look at salary, its just MSS standard.

But if you hold a command position eg even managing an MRS not to talk of a hospital, for one year is enough to pay you the equivalent of a consultants salary for 5 years.

But you gotta use your head...

If you liaise with the corps Heaquaters, your CO and finance, you'll take home almost 100 m in 5 years...

Once again, if you know you know.

First hand experience!

Where did you mention Major General there, or is it Major General that manages MRS?

Ole!

He should liaise with Finance and CO?

Are you not ashamed of yourself!

They should share money while the soldiers live like Dogs?!

And you mention Major General like its pure water... is it every body that will make that rank?

Is 30 or 35 years beans?

Ole!

3 Likes

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

Ole!

Explain how a Military Doctor makes 100million in 5 years?!

Dunce.

You told me to explain this and I felt a dunce will understand it only when I explain it this way.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
Islamabadd:

Dunce.

You told me to explain this and I felt a dunce will understand it only when I explain it this way.

You are a criminal!!!

How does an officer manning the MRS after liaising with the Financial Officer and his Commanding Officer make 100 million in 5 years.

Effing criminal!!!

Will every medical doctor become a Major General?

Is the renumeration of officers not in black and white?

Are you not an idiot?!

You should be shot!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by calcal: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
So, after all the years, na zoo army you won join. those guys are dying like chicken.

Sanwo-Olu just open another hospital in EPE
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by marvin906(m): 12:07am On Jun 15, 2021
Mummyfour:
i have read about our armed forces, but my brother, even a military guy was suggesting she can go abroad because of nepotism and the treatment that people get in the Nigerian army.
I was shocked.
I was told that there are ways though, genuine ways that we are considering

Truth lot's of nepotism..
No offense but you do know the army is different from airforce and navy..
The army is trash but the airforce and navy are better treated anyways..
For the nepotism well is has never been this bad....
Like I said a non citizen becoming a full member of another country's military hmmmm its possible but the person won't go far until he or she becomes a citizen of that country or have a permanent residence in the country
Well depends on the country you want..
UK and US citizenship and residency..
The Commonwealth route she can try Sha
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by marvin906(m): 12:10am On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

Alaye, don't discourage anybody abeg!

Don't project your own reality on others.

There are over 8 thousand Nigerian Doctors in thr UK alone.

Not to talk of the US.

The UK army was headhunting for Doctors a while back.

She should try Navy Or Airforce, the pay is good?

How much is the pay?
...and for a Job where your chances of further Medical training is slim?

Abeg!

Dude I don't have strength to banter words with you..
The UK army are looking for doctors for their military you couldn't even research before vomiting those statements..
Go and check the UK military unless your from Ireland or a citizen of the common wealth nation you can't join the army unless Nigeria is part of the commonwealth the other means is to have a permanent residency..
Even with that you have to pass the training
And you think all this is easy
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Doctorfitz: 12:26am On Jun 15, 2021
hybridblood07:
So, Air Forcd has started paying MSS

U say
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Aaronzy: 12:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Marigold2rock:

Bro no more MSS allowance in Air force. It is now Medical scarce allowance , which is 49500 that cuts across all medical field in airforce plus ippis which is about 262,000 naira first year in the service as a doctor. Its not dat juicy in the airforce for doctors.In the other hand the people benefiting more in the medical field in air force are the allied health professional . Like there is no difference in Salary between a nurse , med lab scientists ,medical records and a Medical doctor
please, what does MSS allowance mean?
And how long does it take for a medical doctor to be promoted from sublieutenant to lieutenant in the Navy OR flying officer to flight lieutenant in the air Force OR lieutenant to captain in the army
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 12:56am On Jun 15, 2021
Just a question because I only only know about Army
Doctorfitz:

U say
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 1:39am On Jun 15, 2021
marvin906:

Dude I don't have strength to banter words with you..
The UK army are looking for doctors for their military you couldn't even research before vomiting those statements..
Go and check the UK military unless your from Ireland or a citizen of the common wealth nation you can't join the army unless Nigeria is part of the commonwealth the other means is to have a permanent residency..
Even with that you have to pass the training
And you think all this is easy

Wow!

Don't tell me you didn't know Nigeria was part of the Commonwealth?

Wow!

This is serious!

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by marvin906(m): 3:17am On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

Wow!

Don't tell me you didn't know Nigeria was part of the Commonwealth?

Wow!

This is serious!

Just listen to your self..
Are we part of the common wealth..
If we are not then where did you see that they are looking for Nigerian doctors in the army
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 3:50am On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

You are a criminal!!!

How does an officer manning the MRS after liaising with the Financial Officer and his Commanding Officer make 100 million in 5 years.

Effing criminal!!!

Will every medical doctor become a Major General?

Is the renumeration of officers not in black and white?

Are you not an idiot?!

You should be shot!

Guy, are you drunk as usual?

As in, are you normal?

You asked a simple question and I answered.

If you want to ask specific questions on how any other office rank medial doctor can earn legitimate cash off that magnitude from the army, you can humbly ask and I'll oblige you.

But if you start by yammering like a rabid, inconsequential self confessed dunce, then who am I to give away a valuable information to an undeserving, hollow drunkard like you.

I truly spit on your acute, irredeemably execrable tomfoolery!

Twa!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 4:09am On Jun 15, 2021
Islamabadd:

Guy, are you drunk as usual?

As in, are you normal?

You asked a simple question and I answered.

If you want to ask specific questions on how any other office rank medial doctor can earn legitimate cash off that magnitude from the army, you can humbly ask and I'll oblige you.

But if you start by yammering like a rabid, inconsequential self confessed dunce, then who am I to give away a valuable information to an undeserving, hollow drunkard like you.

I truly spit on your acute, irredeemably execrable tomfoolery!

Twa!

You are a criminal and people like you should be shot!

B*stard!

What dumb answer did you give?
From a new entrant making 100 million in 5 years, you jumped to a Major General...

slowpoke!

What Major General does not earn in that range before?

If you can, mention the 'legit' ways to make money of that magnitude.

If e sure for you!

Or you think I don't know what goes on in the Army?

For you to try to whitewash these despicable acts going on, speaks so much about the kind of Vermin you are...
The worst kind.

You want someone to feed fat off other people's money while they live like animals.

You and your kind will get their just recompense in this World or the afterlife.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by drfeyisayo(m): 4:10am On Jun 15, 2021
Almaigaa:
I know some Doctors in the Army. Those guys enjoy so many benefits compared to their counterparts in Government own hospitalsite and private hospitals. They go to foreing Countries for medical Courses, on the expense of the Government.
You better wake up from your slumber of falsehood.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 4:12am On Jun 15, 2021
marvin906:

Just listen to your self..
Are we part of the common wealth..
If we are not then where did you see that they are looking for Nigerian doctors in the army

Nigeria is not part of the Commonwealth?

Really?

Are you serious?!

Wahala dey o!

grin

P.S I know a Nigerian Orthopaedic Surgeon in the UK Army by the way...
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by drfeyisayo(m): 4:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Aaronzy:
please, what does MSS allowance mean?
And how long does it take for a medical doctor to be promoted from sublieutenant to lieutenant in the Navy OR flying officer to flight lieutenant in the air Force OR lieutenant to captain in the army
5 strong years at the moment
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by drfeyisayo(m): 4:24am On Jun 15, 2021
drfeyisayo:

5 strong years at the moment
Medical salary scale
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

B*stard!

From a new entrant making 100 million in 5 years, you jumped to a Major General...

slowpoke!

If e sure for you!

For you to try to whitewash these despicable acts going on, speaks so much about the kind of Vermin you are...
The worst kind.

You want someone to feed fat off other people's money while they live like animals.

You and your kind will get their just recompense in this World or the afterlife.

I'm done talking to a despicable lowlife.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by marvin906(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

Nigeria is not part of the Commonwealth?

Really?

Are you serious?!

Wahala dey o!

grin

P.S I know a Nigerian Orthopaedic Surgeon in the UK Army by the way...

My bad forgot we where part of it..
But that route is next to useless..
Is easier to use citizenship or permanent residency..
I think your mistaken my words for something else..
What are the chances of a Nigerian with no direct connection to the UK get into their army
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Drella(m): 10:06am On Jun 15, 2021
sapphiere:
R.I.P in advance
Don't forget to give your ATM password to your wife or girlfriend. Because retrieving the dead's money from the bank is hard these days.

Very insensitive.

If it was a female,you would give reasonable advice in the most polite manner.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Drella(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2021
OP I don't know if doctors who are commissioned officers go to battlefield but I know they do get posted to combat locations such as the North East.
Mind you,even if they stay back at the base,boko haram comes to attack soldiers' bases like it's nothing.

Now, numerous doctors in the military has died over the years in combat region s(Commissioned officers).

In conclusion:All soldiers in combat locations have chances of dying.Just that the chances of a medical practitioner dying is lesser than that of the likes of artillery, armoury, infantry etc personnels.

My advice:
If you are doing it for humanity,you can join the military because if you die,you die for a just cause.Death is a must afterall.
JUST DON'T BE AN OVERZEALOUS SOLDIER.

If you are doing it for money,do not join the military.The day one dies,they won't continue to pay the salaries and benefits to one's family o.

cc Aaronzy

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by tafabaloo(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2021
hybridblood07:
I apologise for insulting you.

I appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
Islamabadd:

I'm done talking to a despicable lowlife.

Barawo Banza!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
marvin906:

My bad forgot we where part of it..
But that route is next to useless..
Is easier to use citizenship or permanent residency..
I think your mistaken my words for something else..
What are the chances of a Nigerian with no direct connection to the UK get into their army

How is the route useless, when one second ago, you did not know anything about it.

Or didn't know Nigeria was part of the Commonwealth.

Oga free wetin you no know abeg!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
You welcome boss.
tafabaloo:

I appreciate this.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Aaronzy: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
hybridblood07:
Just like the First person said, Navy is good but I'll advise you to join Air force which I feel it's more suitable. Army is also a good choice because they pay Medical personnel Scheme (MSS) from WHO and your starting salary with MSS in the army as Lieutenant is around 280-320k. My advise is you should sit down and think of the armed forces you like and make a good decision. Thanks
does it mean army pay doctors more compared to airforce and navy
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by NASTYNASOSO: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Google all what I said and tell me which is false. I'm waiting

HMMMMMMM.

JUST SHUT UP.
ARE YOU A MEDICAL DOCTOR?
HAVE YOU PRACTICED IN THE UK ?
DON'T JUST WRITE ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OF .

THIS IS SOMEONE'S LIFE AND CAREER DECISION WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Go for Air Force as first choice while Army shoukf be last option. You'll get all your entitlements in Air Force but the corruption in Army can make someone lose his mind. Air Force even though I'm in the Army
Aaronzy:
does it mean army pay doctors more compared to airforce and navy

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
HBB1:

B*stard!

slowpoke!

If e sure for you!

The worst kind.

Goat
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Aaronzy: 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
hybridblood07:
Go for Air Force as first choice while Army shoukf be last option. You'll get all your entitlements in Air Force but the corruption in Army can make someone lose his mind. Air Force even though I'm in the Army
thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records / Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.