Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Allow Ojukwu Philosophy Of Fairness To Guide APGA Primary- John Nwosu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Ojukwu Philosophy Of Fairness To Guide APGA Primary- John Nwosu (289 Views)

Tinubu Should Step Down For Obi In The Spirit Of Fairness To The IGBOS / Anambra Election APGA Primary: INEC Officials Monitoring The Process(photos) / APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allow Ojukwu Philosophy Of Fairness To Guide APGA Primary- John Nwosu by TonyRazor(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2021
Allow Ojukwu philosophy of fairness to guide APGA primary- Aspirant

John Nwosu, is a governorship aspirant in the Anambra November 6 poll on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance. In this interview he urges the party to respect the ideals of the late leader of APGA, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu in its primary election scheduled for June 23.

How prepared are you for November 6 poll?

I’m someone who believes in God’s intervention in anything I’m doing. Politics is not a do -or-die affair. I was in this race about eight years ago and was told that it was not our turn then. Governor Peter Obi then was in charge and he was the one who introduced this zoning stuff saying that power should go to Anambra North. I contested because I was against zoning then because it was never in the constitution. But I also believe that people can come up with an understanding on how they would want power to rotate among them but in that case, there was no discussion of any sort then. So I said no and I contested to challenge him that it was wrong to do it that way. Today, power has been zoned to the South Senatorial District and what everyone is saying is since the central has taken eight years, the north is completing its eight years, let the south now go and do their own turn so that the circle can be completed. It is after the south that people can now come back to the table to decide either to continue with zoning or leave it open.
I have been consulting widely and reaching out to stakeholders. The most important thing is not jumping around everywhere and putting up posters here and there, the most important thing is securing the party ticket during the primaries.
My party APGA, has not been so rosy because there were some issues but I have been meeting with party stakeholders , telling them the need to embrace peace and go into the primaries with one mind to ensure a free and fair contest. Having free, fair and transparent primaries will go a long way to give us the right person to take over from the incumbent governor. I’m no more a greenhorn in the race and I’m well known in the state, that’s why I believe that if I win the party ticket , winning the governorship election proper won’t be a problem. I’m coming from the problem solving background of Information Technology , having managed my company, Jetlink Group successfully for the past 27 years. Currently, we are engaged in the National Identity Number enrolment nationwide which is one of the noble ideas that the current Buhari administration is implementing. The importance of data and statistics in national planning cannot be overemphasized. Without statistical records, there is no way a country can progress because you cannot plan. I strongly believe that I’m in the race to win and we are crossing all Ts and Dots;

Within the South District, there is also another struggle on which block takes it between the old Nnewi, Old Aguata and old Ihiala axis. What is your position on that?

Looking at the three blocs in the south, I am someone that believes in equity. Aguata bloc has produced an elected governor in the past in the person of Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, the Ihiala axis has produced a governor too in the person of Mbadinuju . It is only Nnewi axis that has not gotten even one. But if you look at the political history of Anambra State, Nnewi axis has shown commendable leadership and sacrifice in the past. They have sacrificed so much for the entire Igbo race. When you remember the late Ikemba Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu who is the image behind my party, APGA, you will see that it is just proper that you give it to the Nnewi man. We believe that Nnewi has the right people to govern Anambra State. Come to Nnewi today and you see that most of the development projects have been done through private efforts and we believe that with such innovative ideas and ingenuity, given the chance in the public sphere, a typical Nnewi man will do it better as Anambra Governor. We are relying on equity, fairness and competence too.

But power is taken and not given. What do you think the Nnewi political bloc can do at this point to grab that power?

I believe in negotiation. All the Anambra people are brothers likewise the entire Igbo people. I don’t believe in brute force, rather I believe in constructive engagement and reasonable arguments in solving problem. What Nnewi axis is doing which I expect them to do more is engagement. Engage our brothers in the southern zone and even other senatorial zones. Convince them why it has to be Nnewi this time and let there be a consensus on the reasons. You don’t get political power with physical fight. When we engage more with our brothers from the other side, they will allow us take a shot and work with us. If it works out, it’s not going to be a one-man show government. Democracy they say is government of the people by the people and for the people. Our own government will be all embracing. It has been put in practice in my company where we have people from all tribes and geopolitical zones working and with offices across the regions too. I believe that what Anambra needs now is a bridge builder who can unite all together irrespective of area of origin, religious denomination or creed.

What key things do you think you can bring on board to change the development trajectory of the state?

Transparency in governance will be my watchword. Building up of institutions to be bigger than the individual. Let the laws guide the system and we shall invest more in infrastructure and education. We shall also invest in power because with power in place, industries will thrive in the state thereby creating jobs and reducing crime and insecurity.
As an Information Technology person, that aspect will drive our administration. If you look at countries like India , they are not exporting oil but they are exporting technology to the world. They are outsourcing to the extent that as at last year, their foreign inflow to the economy in form of technology was about $32 billion . So I believe in setting up IT skill acquisition centres across the three senatorial zones and changing our obsolete educational curriculum to ensure that at any level of education you attain or drop out, you can fend for yourself.
In India today, a primary school leaver can do coding , manage machines in the factory but in Nigeria , some industrialists have to hire engineers from Germany to set up a soap making machine. This is unbelievable. Taking a clue from this, we must redress our lack of maintenance culture. I will set up a road maintenance fund because it is cheaper to build and maintain than waiting for the whole road architecture to collapse before you repair .Maintenance culture will not only be limited to roads but in all facets.

It's like APGA has settled for an anointed candidate?

I don’t believe there is an anointed candidate but even if such exists, I can tell you that it will boomerang. The best bet is to orientate the people and allow a level playing field for all the aspirants. During the first outing of Governor Obiano after becoming governor in 2014, he called all of us that contested the primaries with him both in APGA and other parties for a meeting but all the promises he gave us were not fulfilled. But we are not complaining but rather moving ahead. I believe that it won’t be business as usual this time. I know that our great leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu even in his grave now would wish that real democracy be practiced in our great party, APGA by giving power to the grassroots. It is only true democracy that can save this country. Rigging of elections brings bad leadership and when you take money and rig, the person sees it as a business and if he enters there, he will first of all try to recoup his expenditure before doing anything. After that, he sees governance as a private business. I’m a true democrat who contested primaries with the incumbent Governor but has been with the party all through. Democracy should be allowed to thrive in APGA and the best way is to give the ticket to someone who has been through thick and thin with the party and not fair weather politicians who left to seek greener pastures before now and returned or those who joined the party because they fell out with their former party. Such people may be given power and within six months, they will dump the party and go over to their former party.

Your message to the electorate and party leadership?

Let us be fair minded and look beyond our individual gains to pursue a collective goal. We need somebody that has the fear of God, a humble person that is approachable because it is only the best that can give us the best, an excellent result. Let the primaries be free and fair. Elections are lost when the primaries are rigged. We have to do the right things for the right candidate to emerge.

Re: Allow Ojukwu Philosophy Of Fairness To Guide APGA Primary- John Nwosu by triple996(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2021
They don't care about ojukwu.
He killed only 3 million.
Dey are after kanu whom they hope will kill nothing less than 13 million wink
Re: Allow Ojukwu Philosophy Of Fairness To Guide APGA Primary- John Nwosu by XavierD(f): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2021
Mr John Nwosu of Jetlink... please before you tell the whole what to do to save Anambra, go home and pay your staff on time.

Jetlink please pay the staff you laid off during COVID-19 their entitlements, pay them their pensions and last salaries. The staff turnover in your company is too high. Employ today, sack tomorrow...mouth full of lies and deceit. Holy pretender, fake religious man.

One day, Industrial court will come for you and your partners who has treated staff unfair especially Airtel Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] PDP Governors Meet In Uyo Over National Issues / Sen Effiong Bob: The Lion Of Akwa Ibom Politics / More Aircraft Enroute Uyo For Ibom Air- Gov Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.