Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Gurus In The House (siena And Others) Help - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gurus In The House (siena And Others) Help (611 Views)

Transmission Problems-code P0780: Siena and other Auto Gurus / Siena And Other Car Experts. Please Help Me Out / Siena And Sultaan Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In The House (siena And Others) Help by seaylan: 1:12am On May 05, 2011
I have a 1999 rav 4 base /Lwith a 2.0litre I4 EFI engine. The check engine light is on and scanning revealed the PO401 EGR flow insufficient code. It also revealed no catalytic converter. Searching on the internet I discovered that what could lead to insufficient exhaust gas flow could be a problem with the EGR valve, the VSV swith, insufficient pressure or a blockage along the line. I also discovered that the fact that I am not having a catalytic converter (obliviously stolen) could lead to insufficient back pressure which could reduce the recirculation of exhaust gas. (I stand to be corrected). I have since made efforts to discus with mechanics and auto electricians but many of the people I have come in contact with don't seem to have an inkling of what I am saying. Please can anybody help with the catalytic converter for this car, I wish to buy. I am also fearful of the effect on my engine since the recirculation helps in cooling the engine and sometimes I hear a kind of intermittent clapping noise around the hood area. Any help whatsoever will be appreciated.
Re: Gurus In The House (siena And Others) Help by Nobody: 9:32am On May 05, 2011
I suggest you search for a thread where siena has commented recently and paste your question there, it is most like ly he wont see this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone In Need Of An Agent To Assist In Buying Cars From Cotonou 08027814695: / Clean Nissan Armada Suv 2007 For Sale / ***+*extremely Clean 9ja Used 2009 Kia Sportage*****+*dont Miss This=price N3.25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.