Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (87945 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Jbleenk: 7:16am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
lol. Fayemi can't even handle a gun

My mind tells me it’s him. U check it now which other gov in sw can it be?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 7:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Jbleenk:

My mind tells me it’s him. U check it now which other gov in sw can it be?
Aregbe, the generator repairer terrorising the old oyo state back in the days cheesy.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Tobilobaniho: 7:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You don't even know anything lool. Fayose had both his ond and hnd from ibadanpoly. If you had said fayose is stubborn, I'd have agreed with you because his dad always said this. Please i need you to point to me what's false about the fayose that i know.

Aregbe is one of those referred to by the woman, the same who later became governor. He was also a reps member twice , representing alimosho constituency in Lagos. The same learned generator mechanic work in ibadan before leaving his master. This isn't even a new thing so I wonder why many here didn't know this before now. Aregbe grew up in the heart of ibadan. When he wanted to become governor in osun, his people even accused him of his dirty past, while in ibadan, but as you know, tinubu covered all that up. MKO later handed him over to tinubu for grooming after he had changed from his habit. Tinubu was one of MKO's followers. Responses here suggested to me that, most of you are of indomie generation. Did the woman say one of them travelled to the UK? You cannot leave for any western country and come back to Rob, except your village people are after you. Aregbe was among the notorious armed robbers destabilising the old oyo state back in the days. He's an ilesha man which was part of oyo state then before he met MKO
stop trying so hard to exxonerate Fayose, Aregbesola was never house of representatives member. He even graduated from poly Ibadan as far back as 1980.He was a two time commissioner under Tinubu as commissioner for works. The perfect fits for this act is Fayose. Forget the ruse his father is a pastor. Have you forgotten the Bimbo Daramola story. I listen to one of Fayose assassin story in church. Those guys are wicked. And he spent most of his life in Ibadan. Aregbesola early life was even in OWO... Only God know the truth. But one thing I am sure of his Fayose na better guy man..
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Emmayen(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Please read what she said again slowly
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Malawian(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state
Not Tinubu, Bobo Chicago was in Chicago doing white powder things. It has to be someone that is rascally and toutish. It is not Fayoshe because he is too young. It has to be among the other trio. Location of where this happened can pinpoint the culprit better as you can't rob where you don't know very well.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by BassReeves: 7:22am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
[s]Dont waste much time guy. Aregbe is the one, you can contest this hard fact anywhere[/s]
When was Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, a twice Lagos Federal House of Reps member? Smh. KMFT.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol!

I’m Fayose fan but shit looks like what he will do.

I would have said Tinubu but dude was busy pushing drug in Chicago then.

Wrong.

Tinubu was already Abiola's protégé by then.

That's him directly behind Abacha in this pic.

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2021
BassReeves:
When was Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, a twice Lagos Federal House of Reps member? Smh. KMFT.
Hun! ...guys please stop jumping to comment without fact-checking. It would only make people think you're truly lazy as buhari had said. It doesn't cost you anything if you find out some stuffs you're not clear about
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Adeolusan123(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Pls mention thr names nah,abi sorosoke madam
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Chinny024(f): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2021
What's is the name of that man caught on camera with Hammer.. I mean the one that have robbed women physically, emotionally and otherwise!!!
Remind me please!!!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2021
ariesbull:

No position of company called treasure...or is he treasure of Mobil market pepper sellers association

Another uneducated guy with an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2021
Femmhi:

She said "the wife of the govenor is still alive" how then choulm it be fayose?
vjdgnus

Is Fayose’s wife dead?

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Dhortune(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?

Did you read the part that said "come to my house whenever you need money for school"
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Tolu181: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2021
SEGLIZ:

the money was clean, the issue was MKO don't incorporate his business. he was running a pure sole proprietorship style of businesses.
hence after his death his children were at liberty to close shop on many of not all the businesses.
the money was clean kill you there
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Dhortune(m): 7:33am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.

Didn't you read the part that states "come to my house whenever you need money"

Won't you know who come to your house.
Let's not just mark everything as false think small too or else Nigeria will soon make you loose the ability to think
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 15, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
She should mention names or IPOB spirit is at work
I agree with you. The only way I will believe is of she mention names
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by klas(m): 7:33am On Jun 15, 2021
IPOBrep:

You should be ashamed of yourself for exhibiting such level of ignorance in a public forum.

I have been in the finance industry for 15 years now, show me your proof with a link or hide your face in shame.

A treasury office staff is not a treasurer. At best they can be called treasury officers. That doesnt make them treasurers ,the roles are different, the industry does not allow for such

Ask bankers arround you.

Treasurers are used mostly by charitable organisations

You must have spent that 15 years as a cleaner in your so-called finance industry.

See ExxonMobil publication attached. I only show you Mobil because it has been specifically mentioned here.
Google for others.

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Harmattan123(m): 7:36am On Jun 15, 2021
Armed robbers of nowadays have a wide mouth stipend and patience can't satisfy them
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ghettochild(m): 7:38am On Jun 15, 2021
christistruth01:

Fayose was a Danfo Driver not an Armed Robber

Stop being ridiculous
Exactly the main reason he could have been a part time driver n a part time robber as well
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You don't even know anything lool. Fayose had both his ond and hnd from ibadanpoly. If you had said fayose is stubborn, I'd have agreed with you because his dad always said this. Please i need you to point to me what's false about the fayose that i know.

Aregbe is one of those referred to by the woman, the same who later became governor. He was also a reps member twice , representing alimosho constituency in Lagos. The same learned generator mechanic work in ibadan before leaving his master. This isn't even a new thing so I wonder why many here didn't know this before now. Aregbe grew up in the heart of ibadan. When he wanted to become governor in osun, his people even accused him of his dirty past, while in ibadan, but as you know, tinubu covered all that up. MKO later handed him over to tinubu for grooming after he had changed from his habit. Tinubu was one of MKO's followers. Responses here suggested to me that, most of you are of indomie generation. Did the woman say one of them travelled to the UK? You cannot leave for any western country and come back to Rob, except your village people are after you. Aregbe was among the notorious armed robbers destabilising the old oyo state back in the days. He's an ilesha man which was part of oyo state then before he met MKO

The part in bold is absolute rubbish. Aregbesola was never in the house of reps or house of assembly. He was a commissioner before contesting for governor of Osun state.

Personally, I suspect him and Fayose simply because their lives before politics has been shrouded in controversy. Fayose was a well known hustler in Ibadan before politics. So many people have testified that he was once a cab driver and later a 419 kingpin. I won’t be surprised if it is revealed that he was once an armed robber.

4 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by victorazy(m): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
u no sabi read, an ex governor

Na only Fayose be ex governor?

If to say u read a d comprehend you would rather have picked Aregbe

WAEC hard cry
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by OlaJokO: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
Same name came to my mind...lols
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Awoleesu(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2021
illicit:
Fayose or Akeredolu

You need to consider the age and antecedents... Aketi na SAN fa!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by perdollar(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2021
Let me name names
Gov: Bola Tinubu
Others: Gbaja
Dino
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

The part in bold is absolute rubbish. Aregbesola was never in the house of reps or house of assembly. He was a commissioner before contesting for governor of Osun state.

Personally, I suspect him and Fayose simply because their lives before politics has been shrouded in controversy. Fayose was a well known hustler in Ibadan before politics. So many people have testified that he was once a cab driver and later a 419 kingpin. I won’t be surprised if it is revealed that he was once an armed robber.
Tinubu to the best of my knowledge was a cab driver in America while on exile. Make una keep defending rubbish. Go and read the osun state people's reaction about aregbesola when he was contesting the governorship position in osun state for the first time. From generator repairer to governorship. Even the certificate he claimed he had at ibadan poly was greeted by controversies. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend your man . But that doesn't change the fact that he had a very dirty past . He may have changed now
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Curious345: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2021
illicit:
Fayose or Akeredolu
you must be Fulani

Why singling out two governors who banned open grazing ?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by richardwarner(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
read inbtwn lines to understand before u spew gibberish... she said he ask them to come to d house...ode
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by seunmsg(m): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Tinubu to the best of my knowledge was a cab driver in America whikenon exile. Make una keep defending rubbish. Go and read the osun state people's reaction about aregbesola when he was contesting the governorship position in osun state for the first time. From generator repairer to governorship. Even the certificate he claimed he had at ibadan poly was greeted by controversies. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend your man . But that doesn't change the fact that he had a very dirty past . He may have changed now

I’m not defending anybody. I made it very clear that I suspect him and Fayose because their past before politics is shrouded in controversies. You’re the one defending your man Fayose and not me. I’m not defending Rauf in anyway. I only corrected the falsehood that he was in the house of reps or assembly.

3 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2021
christistruth01:

Fayose was a Danfo Driver not an Armed Robber

Stop being ridiculous

What do you mean? Don't you know that every danfo driver is a potential thug and every thug is a potential armed robber.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by murphyibiam15(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state
Is Ekiti not a yoruba state?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by BassReeves: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
[s] Hun! ...guys please stop jumping to comment without fact-checking. It would only make people think you're truly lazy as buhari had said. It doesn't cost you anything if you find out some stuffs you're not clear about [/s]
Mr Methuselah Workaholic, talk is cheap.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Present how Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, was twice a Lagos Federal House of Reps member? Smh. KMFT.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by lollybee15(m): 8:05am On Jun 15, 2021
illicit:
Fayose or Akeredolu
You are brainless since you don't know Akeredolu as a well-respected lawyer, a former NBA President.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is This The Youngest Nigerian Soldier?(photos) / Abba Kyari's Arrest, Extradition: FBI Agents Meet Nigeria's Police IGP / South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.