Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (87960 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Sedonxavi: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
SmartPolician:
I don't even care about this story. I am worried that Abiola's sons and daughters couldn't manage all the businesses he established.

Something is fundamentally wrong with us black people. The man died and his chains of businesses died with him.
. Your comment shows how naive you are. You haven't heard about how Abacha destroyed all Abiola business enterprises. If Nigeria govt want to destroy Dangote business empire it will only take them two months. Go and read history

3 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by MASTERMIND04(m): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
Blackfire:
Guess..

Fayose
Fayose
MC okuomo
Is MC oluomo a governor? Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by smartolala(m): 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
temitope27 post=102There 714463:
Maybe fayose
There is nothing like may be it is fayose,it is fayose.He has a lite hiace bus that they used then.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Sedonxavi: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aregbe or Fayose or Akala. Just thinking aloud
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Daddy46: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.
omisore of osun state and gbenga Daniel way an eiye leader you may be riht,fayose was just rugged,aregbesola,ladoja,akala self mad
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by grandstar(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
SmartPolician:
I don't even care about this story. I am worried that Abiola's sons and daughters couldn't manage all the businesses he established.

Something is fundamentally wrong with us black people. The man died and his chains of businesses died with him.

Are you a stranger in Jerusalem? It would have been easier managing the Greek meltdown in the early 2010s than the estate Abiola left behind.

He left behind too many wives, concubines and children. He also died completely unprepared, making sharing his estate more nightmarish.

Most importantly, even overseas, children or grandchildren fritter away the family silver. Stop blaming the black man

6 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by CryptoRepublic1: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
All Nigerian politicians had criminal backgrounds period.

I'm not surprised.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by adm212144: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2021
Miosendyin:
Very sure the robbers are Muslims and are like their Muhammad
you are a mad man .Christians have long history of robbers than Muslim with likes of oyenusi and Anini .Shina Rambo all go to church with blood monies
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by CryptoRepublic1: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
grandstar:

Are you a stranger in Jerusalem? It would have been easier managing the Greek meltdown in the early 2010s than the estate Abiola left behind.

He left behind too many wives, concubines and children. He also died completely unprepared, making sharing his estate more nightmarish.

Most importantly, even overseas, children or grandchildren fritter away the family silver. Stop blaming the black man

Stop making excuses, it's true that majority of the wealthy blacks always die with their empires fact.

I've my theory to it ,but I'm too lazy to type now.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Sleekfingers: 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor

help me tell them o.......as a matter of fact, tinubu was also dey run tinz with Mko.....though na for background......but some idiotic nairaland youths are mentioning tinubu's name.......

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ategberoson(m): 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Thugging hailing louts ... all goes together in yorubaland and you know they later kept contact and became BABA BOYS..

Anybody that believe Nnamdi KANU that's not a warlord close to Ojukwu would bring Biafra can believed everything

majority of you people in the village in East always sound dumb, don't know why

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by GeneralPula: 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
GogetterMD:
Ladoja is that you?

It can never be ladoja..

Ladoja nah rich man oo..

Very very rich..

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by GeneralPula: 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state

Akala
Fayose
Oyinlola

Nah between those 3
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
No. Fayose was already wealthy before becoming governor. Have you heard of stainless autos in challenge ibadan back in the days? His dad is still alive. He's a retired Christ Apostolic Church Pastor. While his wife, the daughter of former assistant General superintendent of same church worldwide. His wife's dad's name was Makinde from Erio Ekiti...now late. Think again. Let me burst your bubble. That man is now one of the ministers in Buhari's cabinet. He was a generator repairer before that time. MKO later linked him to Tinubu. He was voted house if reps twice before becoming governor . He truly went back to school, before becoming governor. Hope you could guess right now
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
Kzinne:
Jeez. Imagine the people we have in power. No wonder they keep robbing the people
You see your life? grin Na dem una dey vote for. The majority of them are cultists back in the universities
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Abimbola007(m): 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Why are people saying Fayose grin
But the man is capable of this
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:01am On Jun 15, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
She should mention names or IPOB spirit is at work
She's right. That person is a serving minister, a former governor
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 15, 2021
grin grin

I don't know why I find this report so funny.
Many of us right now,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:04am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?
Calm down. The story was real. From your comment, you didn't read it till the end. The woman said MKO said they should go back to school and always come to him whenever they needed anything....except you can't recognise people at first sight would you not recog such people again and again. If not for anything, MKO would have reminded her of whom they were, eachtime they came for school fees
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Transfigure: 12:06am On Jun 15, 2021
Pls desist from attacking what u dont know. There is Treasury Department in Mobil and tbe head of the dept is referred to as Treasurer. Tinubu worked in Mobil Treasury Dept confirmed but what i cant confirm is if he was the Head because outsiders make mistake of referring to any senior person in the dept as Treasurer.

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what? [/quote]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by babatee90(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
I swear you are mad o grin cheesy
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ChoCho54(f): 12:14am On Jun 15, 2021
SmartPolician:

The government killed his businesses before killing him.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ChoCho54(f): 12:15am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.
Omor! See omoluabis! cheesy
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:15am On Jun 15, 2021
fregeneh:

Minus tinubu, he was already a senator by then
Minus fayose too, his dad is a retited CAC pastor while his wife a daughter of a cac assistant General superintendent, now late. I know her dad well. Moreover, fayose was a car dealer in challenge ibadan back in the days. He already had money before joining politics . He wasn't sponsored by anybody to go to school except his dad. He studied a science course at Ibadan poly. I'm surprised nobody was able to guess right from the beginning of this post

3 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ussv: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Why don`t I believe this story ?
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Ladoja is a 1st Class Engineer and already a Senator then too. The only outsider in terms of the character of SW Governor is Mr Peter Ayo Fayose. Most SW state governors are First Class materials with strong academic background. Even Asiwaju Tinubu is a 1st Class too.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria.

You could have just checked his profile

Early life of Rashid Ladoja.

Ladoja was born on 25 September 1944 in Gambari village near Ibadan. He attended Ibadan Boys High School (1958–1963) and Olivet Baptist High School (1964–1965). He studied at the University of Liège, Belgium (1966–1972) where he earned a degree in Chemical Engineering. He obtained a job with Total Nigeria, an oil company, where he worked for 13 years in various positions before entering private business in 1985. His business interests include Shipping, Manufacturing, Banking, Agriculture and Transportation.[1] He was elected to the Senate of Nigeria in 1993 during the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic, he was a member of the United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) during the Abacha Political Transition.

Not Ladoja, not tinubu, not even fayose whom I know very well before becoming governor through his wife...keep guessing. The person is a serving minister in the current administration and a former generator repairer whom MKO handed over to tinubu for grooming after he became a changed person. He went to school in his later years sef grin

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Necksonnel: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Blackfire:
Guess..

Fayose
Fayose
MC okuomo

No bro, forget fayose loud mouth. Na Aregbesola fit do that kind thing. Former osun state governor. That man na thug before just like Mc olu omo. He only happen to be somehow educated.
Imagine if olu omo is educated. He could have become lagos state governor. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Necksonnel: 12:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Not Ladoja, not tinubu, not even fayose whom I know vert well before becoming governor through his wife...keep guessing. The person is a serving minister in the current administration grin

AREGBESOLA

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by NotGej: 12:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Madam Abiola rest your case of fairy tales no one is interested in them. You are seeking relevance in this shit hole country.

What a shameful concocted story. I dare you to name names or forever hold your peace. You are part of our problems, as your husband benefited from the plundering of our resources. You are liable as you partook in same.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Necksonnel:

AREGBESOLA
Ha!!! Good night
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Misterone: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Fayose Na soft kid...

Ekiti no get that mind

Oyo n ogun grin
most likely fayose. He went to Poly Ibadan and was a shuttle bus driver at that time. He had his own thugs then. Another likely Candidate is makinde . He is young and fits the profile of a young man who would be in School as at 1990s when Abiola was the rave of the moment.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Eriokanmi: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Necksonnel:

No bro, forget fayose loud mouth. Na Aregbesola fit do that kind thing. Former osun state governor. That man na thug before just like Mc olu omo. He only happen to be somehow educated.
Imagine if olu omo is educated. He could have become lagos state governor. cheesy grin grin
Not fayose...naaah! Keep guessing guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Arrest, Extradition: FBI Agents Meet Nigeria's Police IGP / Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.