Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom (571 Views)

Macaroni Mock APC Trolls For Lamenting About Cyber Bullying / Police Re-arrest Brothers For Defiling Twins In Rivers / Police Arrests Three Brothers For Killing A Security Guard On Christmas Eve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Some Fulani Herdsmen, on Sunday, attacked two brothers at Ikot Atasung, Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State killing one and leaving the other severely injured.

It was gathered that the herders had a clash with the brothers after the duo warned the herders to take their cattle out of their farmland, Daily Post reports.

A source said the brothers had complained that the cattle were destroying crops in the area and subsequently told the herders to take their cattle to the bush for grazing.

The herdsmen got infuriated with the warning and thereafter attacked the siblings with a machete, cutting them fatally.

One of the brothers reportedly died on the spot while the other, who is severely injured was admitted to a hospital in Ikot Ekpene, and battling for his life.

The incident happened around Community Secondary Commercial School, Ikot Atasung/Ikot Obong Otoro, popularly called Urua Obo, off Umuahia road in the Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area.

Meanwhile, the Ikot Ekpene Local Government Chairman, Unyime Etim who confirmed the incident, said, “The victims were hunters who usually set their traps in the bush and on getting there to check their trap around 3 am, they met the herdsmen who had invaded their farms with cows.

“I learned that while they persuaded the herders to leave, the herders cut one of them in the armpit and the back, and he died on the spot.

“I am told the other brother is in critical condition but I saw the corpse of the one killed by the herders.

“I went to the place with the police, leader of Hausa/Fulani community and they have promised to fish out the culprits, whom they said had left the area.

“For now I cannot say what happened till one of the victims is resuscitated and we can hear from him. The youths wanted to revenge but I needed to calm them down.”

The police spokesperson in the state, Odiko Macdon confirmed the incident, describing it as unfortunate.

Odiko, who said the perpetrators would be fished out and brought to justice, said the police commissioner, Andrew Amiengheme had ordered a full investigation into the matter.

He said, “We have received that report, it is an unfortunate one. The CP has ordered a discreet investigation into the incident with the aim of apprehending the perpetrators of the act.

“And I want to believe that in no distance time, we will have an update on the incident because those who have committed the act must be brought to justice.”

Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by rexlims(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
And d stupid govnor recently decamped to apshit.
Akwa ibomites enjoy d change and next level of things to come.
Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by gloriaunobi(f): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Yoruba and Benue people need to apologize to the entire south......had it been that Biafra emerged as a country in the 60s we would have been hearing how Fulanis are dealing with the Hausas in foreign medias today but so unfortunate cos of Yorubas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by Jostoman: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
Cross River is now their easy passage to South south just the way they are using IMO STATE to enter southeast right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
rexlims:
And d stupid govnor recently decamped to apshit.
Akwa ibomites enjoy d change and next level of things to come.
Are you that uneducated which state governor decamp to APC , you are confusing my state to cross river state
Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by Cedarlivia(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
These herders are heartless. You destroy another's source of livelihood in the name of running your business, and then have the effrontery to kill them in their land for complaining. Na wa o.

That was how they ruined the farm I spent so much on, and fed my crops to their cattle. Imagine if that was my only source of income. angry

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by updatechange(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
This people are looking for tompolo's trouble... Let me sir down and watch what's next.
Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by fitzmayowa: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
They trespass on your farm you complain you get chopped like cow meat, when the locals retaliate and chase the terrorists away the Army shows up to protect them....

Well 2023 is not far they keep pushing every region to the wall acting as if they have the monopoly of violence while their brother in aso rock is busy planning on how to revive grazing route in 2021, they will sure get what's coming to them in double fold when the time is right and no one would show them mercy then....

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by KAHBOOM: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Very stupid local govt chairman angry

Why calm the youth down

This pipu think that they are smart.They keep shielding the troublemakers amongst them..Anytime they commit and u report to their leaders they tell u that those involved left the area.
Its time pipu use those leaders as scapegoat so others will learn to present the trouble makers to avoid wahala.
Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by Ojiofor: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
One Fulani RUGA apologist will come here and tell us how 90% of cows in the south belong to southern businessmen.
Why not allow the southern businessmen to defend their cows whenever cows are under attack?
Re: Fulani Attack Brothers For Lamenting Cattle Invasion Of Their Farm In Akwa Ibom by rayvelez(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
Find the bastard and cut your own or probably set him ablaze.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Former Nigeria President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Endorsed Egbeje Ede / Albino Monkey Is Back To The Zoo / Didn't Southern Governors Know The Contents Of PIB Beforehand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.