Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (37849 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Gambit23: 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
JayB11:

Sir, nothing is tied to my balls, if Nigeria breaks, it is destined to break. You are hopeful and i too that we will resort to other means of survival. Virtually, you may think about North going down in ashes but it may not even seem so. But i am still maintaining to you that Biafra is only the 5 South Eastern States.

U are in no position to tell me who is IGBO or who is not, neither are u in a position to tell me who is biafra or who is not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by chinedumoooo: 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
360degreess:
Everyone is tired of the inyamris.. They are everywhere in this country but yet they are the ones calling for the division of this country.. They forgot that their entire region is less than half of Borno State. grin grin grin grin
You made my day as an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
pansophist:

Why you believe the worse ?

And why don't you think that all these (your fears) will be negotiated before our union commences ?

Forget story, I know una personality and ways
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by limeta(f): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
musicwriter:

Now I know why the position the North has on Biafra.

Listen to me brother/sister...

Secession doesn't mean that Igbos would not continue to live in Northern Nigeria or other parts of Nigeria. Of course, we'll continue to live in the North just as peaceful Fulanis and Hausas would continue to live in Onitsha, Owerri, Aba, etc. But we'll be living in two different countries.

Go and spread this to your people.

wrong mention
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by pansophist(m): 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
michaelpop50:

Forget story, I know una personality and ways

Go sleep. You no get better talk for mouth
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by MakotoShishio: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
If they leave, will you also allow Ijaws, Yorubas, Tiv etc to leave?

Timmi:

The question you people should address is “who is holding the IGBOS from leaving Nigeria”. No one stands on their way of leaving except themselves. Henceforth they should all be moving to their southeastern states from wherever they are now. Nigerians will roll a red carpet for them to leave so we can finally not be identified with corrupted people and be accepted as honest hardworking Nigerians.

They’ve done enough to soil our image at the international community.

They just need to know that they can’t force the South South people into their Biafran union.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by AntiBeEmCe(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lionofthedesert:

Why are you not holding your leaders responsible ? they just concluded that they have no desire to secede......

its pathetic how you hinge your freedom to the NORTH, are you that helpless?

Who are the leaders? The ones that are feeding fat from the overripe corruption in the failed contraption?

They were not the ones that started the calls for secession...so they are not the ones that will end it.

Leaders ko...leaders leading only their stomachs.

As for the bolded => when biafra first seceded, the north ( and by that, I mean the fulanis) fought with them... firing the first missile into their new nation.

Now, biafrans have started calling again for referendum and the "North" again, has sent soldiers to come and kill nd terrorize the East in the name of keeping One-Nigeria.

And you talking arrant rubbish about the north not holding us down. Are the fulanis not the ones in power? Have they not been in power since the beginning of this contraption?

Mind ur business okay...this doesn't concern you in anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by pansophist(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
360degreess:
.. grin grin While I was growing up I used to think that those people are among the smartest tribe we have in this country, but they have disproved me beyond reasonable doubt.

I feel sorry for how low your brain have become. See what the zoo educational system have cause on your brain. I felt like laughing, but choose to pity you instead. May God have mercy on your dumb soul.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
pansophist:

Go sleep. You no get better talk for mouth

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Omodua(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
gentiles:

North is the food basket of the nation. Can you tell us the contribution of Oyo, Osun and Ekiti state to the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Skull mining? Yahoo-yahoo? Cowardice?
Benue is the food basket of the nation which is in middlebelt. Not far North.
The States you mentioned have huge mineral deposits which can't be found in the North. Compare those States with arid zones of Sokoto, Kebbi,Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina etc which you belong. We can't coexist because of obvious inherent contradictions. You're a bore and parasitic!

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Danchibez: 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
JayB11:

Uneducated bunk, do more research, dwell more on the interest of South South on Biafra.....come back and tell me if any of the oil producing states will follow Igbos.

Which state in Igboland that is not oil producing state? Anambra state alone has more than 30 oil wells not to talk of Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and so on. Besides, oil is becoming obsolete in this era therefore, it is not our problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by MakotoShishio: 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
Niger Delta, Ijaws, Tivs and Yorubas also deserve their own referendums.

Bovis:

I totally agree with this proposal. The Igbo people have no economic leverage on Nigeria therefore, should be allowed to secede peacefully

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Paretomaster1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
Iceman2017:

We can wait for such day. Give Biafra 5 years, your type will be looking for Biafran visa
Why will I want to visit the crime headquarters of the World?

I bet your likes after one year of Biafra will change your name to MUSA or Ajayi just to gain access to Nigeria..

Ever heard of "NORTHERN IGBO" before? Ask OHANEZE.. film never even start o, una Don dey claim Northerner..

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by imagrg(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
Forget these feud. Let's think of how to make a better Nigeria please.
NIGERIA NEEDS PEACE MORE THAN ANYTHING NOW!
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by johntolu: 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

This is one foolish statements too many. Who in the first place kicked against a referendum and succession in the Nigerian constitution?

Go and find out, and you'll be shocked, the successionist "Igbos" who are clamoring for the division of the Nigerian state are not students of history and cannot see that, they plotted the graph of what's happening to them in the today's Nigeria.

'The fathers were the ones who ate the sour grapes, but the children’s teeth were set on edge';
Exodus 20:5, Numbers 14:18, Exodus 34:6-7, and Deuteronomy 5:9.

The only reason leaders of the Igbo race scuttled the attempt made by leaders of Western and Northern Nigeria in having secession clause, in the 1954 constitution,
was pure greed and the realization of the fact, back then, that the Igbo race will be nothing more than leeches without the Nigerian federation.

Except below, is the reason given as justification, by Dr. Azikwe, for his opposition to the secession clause during the 1954 constitutional conference.

https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/#.Xy9j7NbRuxk.gmail

Fortunately, he and his cohorts back then, witnessed the effect of their short sightedness and greed before joining their fathers.
Their opposition to secession back then, led to the Civil war and the heavy casualties suffered by the Igbo race. It is also responsible for the current 'premium tears' and clamoring for a Biafran state by the Igbo ethnic Nationality.

Karma is indeed, a Bitch.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Timmi: 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
MakotoShishio:
If they leave, will you also allow Ijaws, Yorubas, Tiv etc to leave?

Those ones are not clamoring to leave.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by musicwriter(m): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
limeta:

wrong mention

Sorry, about that. But I've just quoted the right person now, so please delete mention if you can.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Igboid: 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
johntolu:

'The fathers were the ones who ate the sour grapes, but the children’s teeth were set on edge';

The only reason leaders of the Igbo race scuttled the attempt made by leaders of Western and Northern Nigeria in having secession clause, in the 1954 constitution,
was pure greed and the realization of the fact, back then, that the Igbo race will be nothing more than leeches without the Nigerian federation.

Except below, is the reason given as justification, by Dr. Azikwe, for his opposition to the secession clause during the 1954 constitutional conference.

https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/#.Xy9j7NbRuxk.gmail

Fortunately, he and his cohorts back then, witnessed the effect of their short sightedness and greed before joining their fathers.
Their opposition to secession back then, led to the Civil war and the heavy casualties suffered by the Igbo race. It is also responsible for the current 'premium tears' and clamoring for a Biafran state by the Igbo ethnic Nationality.

grin grin

How did Zik stop Awolowo and Balewa from inserting secession clause in the constitution?
He pointed gun at their heads or he used Otumokpor to make them to accept NO Secession clause?

I find this claim of Zik stopping NIGERIA from having Secession clause in the constitution ridiculous.
Not only because it assigns supernatural powers to Zik, but because it is really funny and laughable and reeks of desperation. grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
johntolu:

grin grin

Thank you for this, history on point.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
Igboid:

How did Zik stop Awolowo and Balewa from inserting secession clause in the constitution?
He pointed gun at their heads or he used Otumokpor to make them to accept NO Secession clause?

I find this claim of Zik stopping NIGERIA from having Secession clause in the constitution ridiculous.
Not only because it assigns supernatural powers to Zik, but because it is really funny and laughable and reeks of desperation. grin

Then give us an answer!
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by johntolu: 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
Gambit23:

Once u sign up for the UN charter, U have automatically signed that a referendum is allowed in ur country.

Try n study/understand international law

Says a LamidiCownu brainwashed Ipig;

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41584864

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Igboid: 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Then give us an answer!

I'm not the one who says Zik removed Secession clause or stopped it from being added.
It's usually Unity begging Yoruba Muslims and Northerners that do.
The onus is on them to tell us how Zik made Awolowo and Balewa to accept no insertion of seccession clause.

And I'm waiting to hear their answer.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by johntolu: 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
Igboid:

Open the attached link and read the reason(s) Azikwe gave for his opposition and the reason why Britain supported his stand.
Azikwe never denied the position he took and he defended it till his death.
You can not cry more than the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by gentiles(m): 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
Omodua:
Benue is the food basket of the nation which is in middlebelt. Not far North.
The States you mentioned have huge mineral deposits which can't be found in the North. Compare those States with arid zones of Sokoto, Kebbi,Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina etc which you belong. We can't coexist because of obvious inherent contradictions. You're a bore and parasitic!
What's more parasitic than Oyo, Osun and Ekiti state?

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
Igboid:

I'm not the one who says Zik removed Secession clause or stopped it from being added.
The onus is on them to tell us how Zik made Awolowo and Balewa to accept no insertion of seccession clause.

Okay, take a look at his 1953 speech

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
johntolu:

Open the attached link and read the reason(s) Azikwe gave for his opposition and the reason why Britain supported his stand.
Azikwe never denied the position he took and he defended it till his death.
You can not cry more than the bereaved.

Equally I added this.

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by johntolu: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
Igboid:

The answer(s) are in the attached link, in Azikwe's own words and he never refuted them before he joined his ancestors.
You do not want to believe some of the 'tales by moonlight stories', told you by your Uncles, while growing up.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by kechywillz(m): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lord please let this prayer be answered
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Igboid: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
johntolu:

The answer(s) are in the attached link, in Azikwe's own words and he never refuted them before he joined his ancestors.
You do not want to believe some of the 'tales by moonlight stories', told you by your Uncles, while growing up.

Lol!

Quote the part where he used gun or jazz to make Awo and Balewa to accept his "No seccession clause" proposal. grin

I'm waiting
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Igboid: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Equally I added this.

I'm waiting for the part he used guns or jazz to make Awo and Balewa accept "No seccession clause". grin
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2021
Igboid:

I'm waiting for the part he used guns or jazz to make Awo and Balewa accept "No seccession clause". grin

Lols, who said he used jazz.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Igboid: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Lols, who said he used jazz.

So how did he make Awo and Balewa to accept "No seccession clause" ?
He used gun?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Godwin Obaseki In Aso Rock (pictures) / Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor / Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.