Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,525 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession (5128 Views)

Just In: Yoruba Thugs Are Killing, Shooting Igbos And Destroying Igbo Properties / Nigeria Better Together, Tinubu Urges Agitators Of Secession / Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ofodirinwa: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
Now that I have your attention, here are 3 reasons why the seizing of properties is and has always been economic suicide for those that attempt it. You will notice that throughout history's biggest wars wars (WWI, WWII for example) there are no examples of seizing of private property even during or after an occupation. But this is not because of love or friendlessness, rather, logic.

1. Property Value: Property is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it. There are huts in choice locations that are worth more than mansions in desolate or isolated locations. Why. Because property is only as valueable as what people are willing to pay for it.
So lets say we have a city where 30% of the property is owned by Igbos. That 30% is removed from their homes and the homes are distributed for free. Why will you, with free houses and mansions are being offered up, go and buy or build a home? Why would you rent? What will happen is those selling their own will no longer be able to sell them until the free homes are occupied. Once they are occupied, they can only sell them at a severely decreased rate (30% lower than market value = not a profit). Remember, no city in the world is growing by more than 30% annually, especially cities that evict 30% of their population the year before. This means it will take years for the free houses to be filled. 2-3 years if you give them to any and everyone 10-15 if you're being selective and matching to income. 10-15 years where an entire city cannot sell property, find renters, markets lose 30% of their customer base for a decade, and nobody is building homes will be a slum by the time you're done with the project. If you chose 2-3 years, they will also turn the place into a slum because if someone was homeless the year before, they will not have what it takes for basic maintenance (retouching, repainting, plumbing, facility repairs, sewage, water, reroofing, gen, keeping the home modern) Go to old Port Harcourt if you don't believe me.

2. Property Incentive: Those who did not build or buy a home, cannot afford to keep and maintain it. The person waiting for a free home will not have what it takes to maintain a mansion. If they had the money to build or even maintain a mansion, why would have one, or they would not be waiting for a free home because they will likely have something. Unless the cities of Nigeria are teaming with homeless people who are also well employed, handing rich homes to poor people out of ethnic sentiment will make poor people and poor homes. Go to old Port Harcourt if you don't believe this basic economic principle. I used 30% in the last estimate but the truth is in come cities, especially choice locations, 50-70% Igbo ownership is not abnormal. Take Lagos and Festac or VI for example. If you don't believe me, look at old PH.

3. It doesn't matter: There is nobody who built 1 mansion who cannot build 2. Property is the result of your income. If you have the ability to produce the income to build a home and the home is taken, you can produce another one. Many look at the rapid recovery of Igbo cities after the Biafran war as some sort of miracle but it's basic economic logic. A person with a 5 story in Onitsha, if he loses the building, can quickly build another one. Everything it took for said Igbo person to build their home is still intact. 90% of Igbo ppl with mansions outside of the east have a mansion in their village that they already call home.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
Why couldn't he afford a Condom that night ?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by NotGej: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2021
Kindly apply caution in comments you make to avoid heating the polity.

1 Like

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ofodirinwa: 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Abandoned Properties, Old Port Harcourt Township, Modern Day (once considered a rival to Lagos)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ofodirinwa: 12:00am On Jun 15, 2021
NotGej:
Kindly apply caution in comments you make to avoid heat the polity.

basic economics. Let anyone emotionally incapable of handling the conversation overheat

9 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by spearman(m): 12:04am On Jun 15, 2021
Shut up. Nobody is stealing anyone's property. This is 2021. Igbos are welcome to live and proper in our Niger Delta Republic as foreign residents.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ofodirinwa: 12:06am On Jun 15, 2021
spearman:
Shut up. Nobody is stealing anyone's property

better.

1 Like

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by heniford2: 12:13am On Jun 15, 2021
Deep this post is very deep

6 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:25am On Jun 15, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
Now that I have your attention, here are 3 reasons why the seizing of properties is and has always been economic suicide for those that attempt it. You will notice that throughout history's biggest wars wars (WWI, WWII for example) there are no examples of seizing of private property even during or after an occupation. But this is not because of love or friendlessness, rather, logic.

1. Property Value: Property is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it. There are huts in choice locations that are worth more than mansions in desolate or isolated locations. Why. Because property is only as valueable as what people are willing to pay for it.
So lets say we have a city where 30% of the property is owned by Igbos. That 30% is removed from their homes and the homes are distributed for free. Why will you, with free houses and mansions are being offered up, go and buy or build a home? Why would you rent? What will happen is those selling their own will no longer be able to sell them until the free homes are occupied. Once they are occupied, they can only sell them at a severely decreased rate (30% lower than market value = not a profit). Remember, no city in the world is growing by more than 30% annually, especially cities that evict 30% of their population the year before. This means it will take years for the free houses to be filled. 2-3 years if you give them to any and everyone 10-15 if you're being selective and matching to income. 10-15 years where an entire city cannot sell property, find renters, markets lose 30% of their customer base for a decade, and nobody is building homes will be a slum by the time you're done with the project. If you chose 2-3 years, they will also turn the place into a slum because if someone was homeless the year before, they will not have what it takes for basic maintenance (retouching, repainting, plumbing, facility repairs, sewage, water, reroofing, gen, keeping the home modern) Go to old Port Harcourt if you don't believe me.

2. Property Incentive: Those who did not build or buy a home, cannot afford to keep and maintain it. The person waiting for a free home will not have what it takes to maintain a mansion. If they had the money to build or even maintain a mansion, why would have one, or they would not be waiting for a free home because they will likely have something. Unless the cities of Nigeria are teaming with homeless people who are also well employed, handing rich homes to poor people out of ethnic sentiment will make poor people and poor homes. Go to old Port Harcourt if you don't believe this basic economic principle. I used 30% in the last estimate but the truth is in come cities, especially choice locations, 50-70% Igbo ownership is not abnormal. Take Lagos and Festac or VI for example. If you don't believe me, look at old PH.

3. It doesn't matter: There is nobody who built 1 mansion who cannot build 2. Property is the result of your income. If you have the ability to produce the income to build a home and the home is taken, you can produce another one. Many look at the rapid recovery of Igbo cities after the Biafran war as some sort of miracle but it's basic economic logic. A person with a 5 story in Onitsha, if he loses the building, can quickly build another one. Everything it took for said Igbo person to build their home is still intact. 90% of Igbo ppl with mansions outside of the east have a mansion in their village that they already call home.
Never again will this nation experience war. The people who will seize other people's property are not on Nairaland and at no time was PH ranking next to Lagos, not now and not in the past. At best PH could be like Ilesha or Oshogbo set then and not even up to Ibadan, Kano, Kadunna , Enugu etc I have awesome Igbo friends and I love my Igbo brethren so much and nobody will ever steal their hardwork or shall we allow them become war victims in the same country we all inherited as a legacy of our forebears. Those who want to cause war between the Igbos and others are the ones who will leave Nigeria for us to become fugitives like the IPOB terrorists leader .
Never again will there be war! All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by chatinent: 12:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by heniford2: 12:28am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Never again will this nation experience war. The people who will seize other people's property are not on Nairaland and at no time was PH ranking next to Lagos, not now and not in the past. I have awesome Igbo friends and I love my Igbo brethren so much and nobody will ever steal their hardwork or shall we allow them become war victims in the same country we all inherited as a legacy of our forebears. Those who want to cause war between the Igbos and others are the ones who will leave Nigeria for us to become fugitives like the IPOB terrorists leader .
Never again will there be war! All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.
go and start saving money for passport because you will need it soon to come visit your friends in East soon for war is either we separate peaceful or bloody two things inbtwen undecided lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:37am On Jun 15, 2021
heniford2:
go and start saving money for passport because you will need it soon to come visit your friends in East soon for war is either we separate peaceful or bloody two things inbtwen undecided lipsrsealed
Do you think I am talking about jobless youths who don't come from successful backgrounds and resent and hate other Nigerians sir?
Sir, I am referring to real Nigerian patriots of Igbo extraction who are stakeholders in the Nigerian project who will rather chase terrorists out of the SE than leave Nigeria . They are the descendants of those wise men, our Nigeria patriots of Igbo extraction who double as founding fathers of Nigeria, who saw this map and knew the Igbo nation vision is far bigger than becoming a Lesotho that won't even have a navy. They are truly wise men and women.

Have you not wondered why Nigerians of Igbo extraction living outside the SE are not fleeing other parts back to the SE ? You guys must think they buy this your terrorism. They are bona fide stakeholders in other Nigerian communities outside SE! Some are even community heads, elders,religious leaders and opinion leaders outside SE ! They built Nigeria with others and won't throw all their hardwork away because of you sir.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by heniford2: 12:43am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Do you think I am talking about jobless youths who don't come from successful backgrounds and resent and hate other Nigerians sir?
Sir, I am referring to real stakeholders who will rather chase terrorists out of the SE than leave Nigeria . They are the descendants of those wise men, our Nigeria patriots of Igbo extraction who double as founding fathers of Nigeria, who saw this map and knew the Igbo nation vision is bigger than becoming a Lesotho that won't even have a navy.

Have you not wondered why Nigerians of Igbo extraction living outside the SE are not fleeing other parts? You guys must think they buy this your terrorism.
i usually use to see you as a smart dude but my mistake in putting high hopes on empty vissul you disappoint me, any igbo man that do not want Biafra is selfish and stupid with nothing to offer I will not waste my time arguing with you is waste of time believee me, u don't deserve my time.

25 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by IGBOSON1: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
Abandoned Properties, Old Port Harcourt Township, Modern Day (once considered a rival to Lagos)

You know, i was also thinking of Town area of Port harcourt as i was reading the OP! A lot of the abandoned properties seized from Igbo owners and handed over to the Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ijaw, etc, by the Rivers State gov't after the uncivil war (remember Diette-Spiff was serving as military administrator at the behest and pleasure of Dodan Barracks, so it presupposes he couldn't act on anything that didn't have their blessing)....a lot of those properties are rundown and and show neglect.

People who want to be mischievous normally say that Igbos bullied the other ethnicities in Port Harcourt out of the way and took loans (to the exclusion of others) to build those properties! By inference.....the large property potfolio of Igbos in Port Harcourt was down to 'cheating' others and 'greed'! Igbos have left Port Harcourt for the Ikwerre, Ijaw, Ogoni, ect, and have now focused on their own cities in the south-east, as well as other regions/states in other parts of Nigeria.

Now my question to all reading this post is: take a look at what Town looks like today.....now that others have taken over those Igbo properties; can you say the area has benefited from this singular act of wickedness? The people that stole those peoperties, how many of them do we hear of today that went on to achieve great things in life? Surely their succes would show in the state of their stolen peoperties! These ethnic groups who championed the abandoned property saga, how may of them can boast of cities and towns equal in stature, prominence and beauty as the cities Igbos went back to develop after the uncivil war? Apart from Port Harcourt (which is primarily built on and driven by oil and gas industry and derivation payments) which other city or town in Rivers state can compare with villages, towns or cities in the south-east that were built by the industry and sheer grit of Igbos?

Greed, wickedness, injustice and covetousness never pays!

Abiriba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kSRPDjmqKU

Alor Villa' Anambra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01EGmEGNj3o

Enugu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T1Oa1FscM4

Abakaliki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccNFByak1a4

9 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:05am On Jun 15, 2021
heniford2:
i usually use to see you as a smart dude but my mistake in putting high hopes on empty vissul you disappoint me, any igbo man that do not want Biafra is selfish and stupid with nothing to offer I will not waste my time arguing with you is waste of time believee me, u don't deserve my time.
You're too hasty in your judgement and intolerant of opposing views. I will just let your uncouth remark slide. Good night sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by spearman(m): 1:11am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
You're too hasty in your judgement and intolerant of opposing views. I will just let your uncouth remark slide. Good night sir.
You have no shame and self worth. With all the humiliation Igbos suffer in Nigeria culminating in a president that calls you a dotard, you're still here preaching One Nigeria because you don't want 5 states Biafra. Where is your pride? Everyone in this your One Nigeria hate you. Get some pride boy.

5 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ekpeitit(m): 5:05am On Jun 15, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Ekpeitit(m): 5:06am On Jun 15, 2021
This is how you know that a tribe is foolish.
Only a fool will go and build his house on his enemy's land.
Mumu Biafrans.
Of course all your properties will be burnt or confiscated.
Idiots.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Graysons: 5:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

1. [s]Property Value: Property is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it. There are huts in choice locations that are worth more than mansions in desolate or isolated locations. Why. Because property is only as valueable as what people are willing to pay for it.

2. Property Incentive: Those who did not build or buy a home, cannot afford to keep and maintain it. The person waiting for a free home will not have what it takes to maintain a mansion. If they had the money to build or even maintain a mansion, why would have one, or they would not be waiting for a free home because they will likely have something. Unless the cities of Nigeria are teaming with homeless people who are also well employed, handing rich homes to poor people out of ethnic sentiment will make poor people and poor homes. Go to old Port Harcourt if you don't believe this basic economic principle. I used 30% in the last estimate but the truth is in come cities, especially choice locations, 50-70% Igbo ownership is not abnormal. Take Lagos and Festac or VI for example. If you don't believe me, look at old PH.[/s]

Nobody steal any properties in old port harcourt, those properties once belongs to the whites and when the whites left, they hand it over to the locals.
Stop spreading lies told by your fathers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by SaintBishop: 5:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
There's noting like Abandoned properties in town Port harcourt!
All thoes Abandoned properties nonsense are all lies told by your lazy igbo fathers who can't seems to do anything right!
The so called Abandoned properties belongs to the British people!
And after Nigeria indepedence, the British people (true owners of those properties) hand it over to the indigenes of that Area.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Olatomiwami(m): 5:40am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Sir, I am referring to real Nigerian patriots of Igbo extraction who are stakeholders in the Nigerian project who will rather chase terrorists out of the SE than leave Nigeria . They are the descendants of those wise men, our Nigeria patriots of Igbo extraction who double as founding fathers of Nigeria, who saw this map and knew the Igbo nation vision is far bigger than becoming a Lesotho that won't even have a navy. They are truly wise men and women.

Have you not wondered why Nigerians of Igbo extraction living outside the SE are not fleeing other parts back to the SE ? You guys must think they buy this your terrorism. They are bona fide stakeholders in other Nigerian communities outside SE! Some are even community heads, elders,religious leaders and opinion leaders outside SE ! They built Nigeria with others and won't throw all their hardwork away because of you sir.

Increase the volume sir, oil deh your head , Igbos are just gullible miscreants, till elites join d moving train, NK is just wasting the SE youths for nothing, take it to the bank.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by SaintBishop: 5:42am On Jun 15, 2021
Ekpeitit:
This is how you know that a tribe is foolish.
Only a fool will go and build his house on his enemy's land.
Mumu Biafrans.
Of course all your properties will be burnt or confiscated.
Idiots.
No they missyarn anyhow ooo, when igbo get money to buy almost half of the properties in town port harcourt in just 3 years?

2 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by History555: 5:44am On Jun 15, 2021
Op you forgot to add people will fight over the abandoned houses and many will die in the process. It's not a case of i don dey eye the house since, someone will challenge you, na u build the house. Secondly let's disabuse our minds that every lgbo man has a house or majority do outside lgbo land. That simply not true. Monority outside lgbo land own one or multiple homes. All these stories that lgbos own 70% of abuja, trillions of property in the north are fake news and cheap blackmail. Nigeria has less than 3million persons having millions in their bank account. These 3 millions include all tribes in nigeria. The remaining 50million accounts own 500k and below. Let's be guided

6 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by History555: 5:49am On Jun 15, 2021
Graysons:
Nobody steal any properties in old port harcourt, those properties once belongs to the whites and when the whites left, they hand it over to the locals.

Bla bla bla. British properties yet david mark was chairman of the committee. You mean British people lived in face me i face you. Properties in ikwerre not gra. Properties in untarred strrets and open gutters. Go back to school of lying, you obviously did not finish your course

15 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Asgard73: 6:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Graysons:

Yoruba man ... so this is the lies your Yoruba father told you..,

I know many igbo chiefs that build from scratch and their building taken over after the war..
They’re still much alive.., spiff help one retain his house a close ally to zik.

You people will just make useless statement to deceive people because una think say ., history no Dey school

Nonsense

Oyibo place ... why dem no take M from oyibo .. and have to wait for the war before claiming it

Shameless

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Graysons: 6:05am On Jun 15, 2021
History555:

Bla bla bla. British properties yet david mark was chairman of the committee. You mean British people lived in face me i face you. Properties in ikwerre not gra. Properties in untarred strrets and open gutters. Go back to school of lying, you obviously did not finish your course
I repeat, there is nothing like Abandoned properties in old township (town) those properties where once occupied by the British people.
Town does not belong to ikwerre people but ijaws.

2 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Graysons: 6:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:

I know many igbo chiefs that build from scratch and their building taken over after the war..
They’re still much alive.., spiff help one retain his house a close ally to zik.

You people will just make useless statement to deceive people because una think say ., history no Dey school

Nonsense

Oyibo place ... why dem no take M from oyibo .. and have to wait for the war before claiming it

Shameless
Where is your evidence that your properties were stolen? Igbo people and double standard! grin
When we told you that your biafra soldiers raped, killed and kidnapped our people durning the war,you were all screaming that it is a lie that we should bring evidence and not my father say this, my father say that crap!
Now it is your turn, you want me to believe your father say this, your father say that crap?
No fvcking way!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Asgard73: 6:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Graysons:
Where is your evidence that your properties were stolen? Igbo people and double standard! grin
When we told you that your biafra soldiers raped, killed and kidnapped our people durning the war,you were all screaming that it is a lie that we should bring evidence and not my father say this, my father say that crap!
Now it is your turn, you want me to believe your father say this, your father say that crap?
No fvcking way!

Now talking gibberish
Next.

Thinking I was talking to human.

12 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by SaintBishop: 6:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:

I know many igbo chiefs that build from scratch and their building taken over after the war

Nonsense

Shameless
Here we go again!
Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by mrvitalis(m): 6:30am On Jun 15, 2021
SaintBishop:

There's noting like Abandoned properties in town Port harcourt!
All thoes Abandoned properties nonsense are all lies told by your lazy igbo fathers who can't seems to do anything right!
The so called Abandoned properties belongs to the British people!
And after Nigeria indepedence, the British people (true owners of those properties) hand it over to the indigenes of that Area.
Which kind lie be this na the whole diobu , D line area , agrrey road area former upth area , habour road area igbos lost all their properties there and they where sold off just

It was only old gra that survived

Igbos had to rebuy those houses from the Rivers people it was handed over to

Stop lying u guys can't change history

11 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Graysons: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Now talking gibberish
Next.

Thinking I was talking to human.
And you have no idea what ur talking about, go to old township (town) port harcourt, no street, house or Area that was renamed! All of them still bears the name they were answering before the war.
Eg. Churchill steet, Bishop johnson and co.

4 Likes

Re: How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession by Asgard73: 6:43am On Jun 15, 2021
Graysons:

And you have no idea what ur talking about, go to old township (town) port harcourt, no street, house or Area that was renamed! All of them still bears the name they were answering before the war.
Eg. Churchill steet, Bishop johnson and co.

Why do the have to wait for the war to claim those properties.. why didn’t they take over from the white men?
Same with all abandoned properties?

Or you think Town .. is the only place with such stories?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is The Duty Of SE & SS To Ensure Nobody From SW Becomes President In 2023 / Psquare Posts The Road To His House Before And during Peter Obi's Tenure / Picture:How You Can Differentiate Between A Paid Crowd And An Oganic Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.