Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State (653 Views)

Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa / Snail Greenhouse Construction / In-depth Practical Knowledge Of Aquaponics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by gotaheart: 6:09am On Jun 15, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

I work in the financial sector here in Nigeria. After so many thought of alternative source if income, I have decided to go into integrated farming. I am starting with the unconventional "as far as Nigeria is concerned" Aquaponics.

The farm is presently under construction and I will be showing pictures and update as the construction progresses.

Kindly note that this is a DIY project. I am going through the construction along with inexperienced local artisans. I welcome valuable contributions from experts in the house.

My plan is to have 6 15ftX15ft Tarpolin pond along with grow beds for tomatoes. It's meant to be a recirculating/symbiotic system where the waste from the fish feed the plant while the plants along with the media beds filter the water to be reused in the fish pond.

Kindly stay tune. I will be sharing pictures and videos taken from the site this last weekend.

2 Likes

Re: My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by Shyluck(m): 6:59am On Jun 16, 2021
tarpaulins or waterproof ?. Whatever you use make sure it is transparent for your plants to receive Sunlight.
Re: My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by gotaheart: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
Thank you.
I would be having UV treated polythene and net as cover around it.
Below is the picture taken taday.
Shyluck:
tarpaulins or waterproof ?. Whatever you use make sure it is transparent for your plants to receive Sunlight.

1 Like

Re: My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by MufasaLion: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nice development. I know more about greenhouse tho.
Re: My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by Educhopper(m): 7:11am On Feb 27
What about this your project sir?
What's the latest update. We are following your development sir. Thanks
gotaheart:
Dear Nairalanders,

I work in the financial sector here in Nigeria. After so many thought of alternative source if income, I have decided to go into integrated farming. I am starting with the unconventional "as far as Nigeria is concerned" Aquaponics.

The farm is presently under construction and I will be showing pictures and update as the construction progresses.

Kindly note that this is a DIY project. I am going through the construction along with inexperienced local artisans. I welcome valuable contributions from experts in the house.

My plan is to have 6 15ftX15ft Tarpolin pond along with grow beds for tomatoes. It's meant to be a recirculating/symbiotic system where the waste from the fish feed the plant while the plants along with the media beds filter the water to be reused in the fish pond.

Kindly stay tune. I will be sharing pictures and videos taken from the site this last weekend.
Re: My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State by Aridunnuoluwa(m): 10:27am On Feb 27
gotaheart:
Dear Nairalanders,

Pls sir where are you situating it
I think I am interested in something like this in Ibadan

(1) (Reply)

Bean Peeling Machine / Broilers Buyer / Potato Starch Machinery In Line With International Standards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.