Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures (20536 Views)

Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens / Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / Naira Tumbles To N435/$1 At Official Market As CBN Adjusts Forex Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Nigerians are the most gullible people on Earth. Buhari said vote for me and I will make $1 equal to one naira. And you all voted for him. But instead the one dollar that was N210 in year 2015 is now N481.
When Nigerians complained, Buhari sent bandits, kidnappers and fulani herdsmen to them.
When they protested he arrested and rearrested them.
When they reported him on Twitter. He banned them from tweeting and banned Twitter in Nigeria for removing his tweet.

The question we should ask ourselves is whether we have learnt our lessons undecided

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Malcolm123: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Worst performance of the currency in history both happened under the Buhari stint as military head of state and President...the man is such a monumental disaster

Buh na your igbo broda be CBN president

3 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Basically due to not earning enough forex and not being productive enough

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by FarahAideed: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Malcolm123:

Is that what you could make out of all this ?
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2021
Every measure has put up has been artificial in a manner of speaking. The naira to dollar dichotomy is closer to a thousand naira in the parallel market.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
The insensitive and lazy asss ones cloud the sentitive and Smart working ones

Cloud how? Like overpower their smartness with their laziness? I don't understand
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by adonainana: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2021
studentofTruth:

The worst scam in the history of Nigeria is the #90-100 disparity between CBN rate and parallel market!

There will always be a parrallel rate, it’s called the black market for a reason, and there is a black market for almost everything in this life even from guns.

The best analogy to use is when fuel is scarce and people now go and start selling from jerry cans which is a black market different from the petrol station rate

If people consumers within a country need dollars to quench their thirst for dollar denominated imported products and you cannot walk into a bank and demand for dollars by giving them naira

The effect is you will have a black market that offers this service

What the black market offering dollar anytime any day 24/7, 365 days a year now decides to sell its dollar for naira is another story for another day ( but 99 percent of times it’s based on how scarce the dollar is at the official rate - bank rate )

Hence it can do whatever it wants

Very complex

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by siaco(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Of course it's "Our Responsibility".
But it is a pity when those who should take a lead are the main inhibitors.
Talk like "lazy youth" "misbehaving youths" "dot in a circle" are not the type that helps nation building or engender creativity among the youths.
That said, the business environment in Nigeria is stifling and needs to be opened up seriously.

Bunch of sycophants ; you and thatfairguy of a thing.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by BigBashiru: 10:32am On Jun 15, 2021
Femeto:
A sane government would have sacked the CBN governor since.

But if he is sacked, they will say it's because he is igbo....

4 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Shikena(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2021
Na PDP project. We started it, we designed it. Buhari is just completing this project and claiming all the credit grin
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by DeSwitchConsole(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2021
Depreciation: To the moon grin
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by emonis88: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2021
The bbqgriller no go talk now o!! Him don shut up , big time Hippocrate !!!!
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by emonis88: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2021
Malcolm123:

Emefiele is Igbo mind u, he is naija delta , many of them ve said they r not igbo.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Mozegee: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2021
When it comes to my mind that this man called Buhari and his so called presidency has more two year and to go. I began to shed tear's.i have never been in such a mess in my life than what I am facing in this present government. This man is nothing but a disaster,cause be the day he became the president of this country
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Ckonnet: 10:44am On Jun 15, 2021
Romanoff:
If you have a job where you're paid in dollars, you don't know what God has done for you.

U go chop raw dollar, every level is interwoven so no much joy for foreign currency earners.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by LegalWolf: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2021
LeeSantos:
That's what you get when you use the wrong people.

Their are some things we ought to leave for a first class economist graduates to handle, I don't even know if that would work. Nothing seems to be working in this country.

Remember the current CBN Governor is not Fulani. In fact, he is a deltan of IGBO extraction. Imagine what would have been said on this platform if he were to be a Fulani...it’s better imagined than experienced.

And his predecessor, a Fulani of noble birth did extremely well in that position. This is the point I’ve always pointed out: we are one people. There are both idiots and intellectuals in all ethnic groups.
Don’t let the politicians and our hate divide us.

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by EasternActivist: 10:55am On Jun 15, 2021
abhosts:
I thought they said Crypto was to blame for Naira slide? Now what next is to blame?

Help me and ask them o undecided
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:55am On Jun 15, 2021
siaco:

Bunch of sycophants ; you and thatfairguy of a thing.

Sycophant? You don't know who you're talking to
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by lexy2014: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2021
ba7man:
Little oil money left to subsidise the naira.

During d abacha era, price of crude oil wasn't up to $15 and with sanctions upon sanctions, it wasn't this bad.

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by yusluvad(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2021
You're absolutely right...
Mysticwebb:
I hope these people didn't mean $1 = N1000 and zombies thought they meant $1 = N1.
As it stands now, $1 is closer N1000 than N1.
Destroyers have taken over the government since 2015.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Yankee101: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2021
51%?
196 to 410?

Where una learn mathematics from?

That's over 100%!
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Ykc2(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Buhari and his supporters

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Alusiizizi(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2021
LeeSantos:
That's what you get when you use the wrong people.

Their are some things we ought to leave for a first class economist graduates to handle, I don't even know if that would work. Nothing seems to be working in this country.

Emefiele is not "wrong people" in this case. I think that in this case, his problem is 2 edged, administering policy as an economists and dealing with the political leadership that will constantly seek to influence his policy as CBN governor(a thing that they are supposedly forbidden from doing). The political leadership are those "wrong people" that you were referring to in this case.

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Lordsonn: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2021
Too bad

Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Skillsnigeria: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by cerebralniggie1: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2021
Buhari's achievements so far:

Economy- F9
Security- F9
Unemployment- A1
Banditry- A1
Fulanization- A1
Kidnappings- A1
May affliction not rise a second time IJN
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by cerebralniggie1: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Worst performance of the currency in history both happened under the Buhari stint as military head of state and President...the man is such a monumental disaster
Couldn't have been a coincidence. He's either hell-bent on impoverishing the populace or he's just completely clueless on how to run a nation. I'll go for the former. Baba is intentional. He knows what he is doing
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2021
The Zoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2021
Their policies just made it worse. They shouldn't have touched anything since 2015. Engage the smes, ease loans to those that can produce then watch the exchange rate improve on its own, but when you hoard FX, close borders.etc. what do you expect? Everything will somersault. It's just common sense.
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2021
cerebralniggie1:
Buhari's achievements so far:

Economy- F9
Security- F9
Unemployment- A1
Banditry- A1
Fulanization- A1
Kidnappings- A1
May affliction not rise a second time IJN

Affliction don arise 3 times
Re: Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures by LikeAking: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2021
owobokiri:
Believe me when I tell you this: For a country that is totally dependent on foreign Imports without any serious structural progress towards home grown industrialization...., this is nothing but economic lynching!

Most of the Arab countries are worse than Nigeria as regards importation yet their currency is still stable.

Nigeria must play outside the rules of class room economics.

This economical rules were created by the whites to favor than and disfavor others.

No country play by the so called economics rules except African countries/ tHIRD world countries.

Its a thing of smartness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates At The Interbank Market / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs / Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.