Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra (2924 Views)

No Bakassi Boys In Anambra State / "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) / Bakassi Boys To Return To Fight Fulani Herdsmen- Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by maximunimpact(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2021
An unorthodox vigilante group known as ‘Bakasi boys’ who engaged in jungle justice in Anambra state have resurfaced after two decades to crush cultists and other criminals has allegedly killed six suspects.

The vigilante group arrived in Awka, the state capital, on Saturday with their first six victims burnt on Monday.

No one seems to know who sent them or how they are to approach their duty, but they are not policemen.

Police spokesman Ikenga Tochukwu said he had no information on them, but a senior officer confirmed that they arrived on Saturday.

The officer provided no further information.

“That’s the only thing I can tell you for now, let’s see how things work out in days and weeks to come,” he said.

“If they engage in jungle justice, nobody will talk, especially the lawyers and human rights groups, but when police engage in such, the whole world will tumble and that’s what the state deserves at this moment, ” the source said.

Awka has been terrorised by cultists without much resistance from police.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2021/06/15/bakassi-boys-vigilante-group-returns-kills-six-in-anambra/

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Bozz01(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2021
I weep for 9ja embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Bahamas95(m): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2021
As long as they don't kill innocent people I am ok with it, Nigeria is no longer safe. Since the government cannot give us protection we should protect ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Jashub: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2021
If we had a functioning police force, there would be no need of Bakasi boys or other vigilante groups.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by BKayy: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2021
The return of Isakaba season 7
I don't support them staying long though but I support any form of killing cultists

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by CilicMarin: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2021
Until they start killing IPOB known Gun Men...Nobody would take them seriously..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by richmond500: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Chai, that year in Rivera state, when I was little, I sabi fear this Bakasi boys ehn, cos my mom will tell me if I do wrong and Isakaba boys find me, they will place their machete on me and if it turns red, they will behead me, and that time I sabi steal meat for pot ehn

11 Likes

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by FarahAideed: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2021
Bahamas95:
As long as they don't kill innocent people I am ok with it, Nigeria is no longer safe. Since the government cannot give us protection we should protect ourselves.

They will definitely kill innocent people
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by FreeIgbos: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2021
We have a bigger problem in our farms and highways, if Bakassi boys have returned then should focus on those places and act based on intelligence gathering. They should collaborate with ESN to rid our region of terrorists and bandits.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by richmond500: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2021
FreeIgbos:
We have a bigger problem in our farms and highways, if Bakassi boys have returned then should focus on those places and act based on intelligence gathering. They should collaborate with ESN to rid our region of terrorists and bandits.
God forbid, not ESN, those that goes about killing policemen?

Bakasi should act on its own and secure the region
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by nku5: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:

That's why they failed and crashed the first time. Igboland has a way of ejecting oppressors.

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 15, 2021
richmond500:
Chai, that year in Rivera state, when I was little, I sabi fear this Bakasi boys ehn, cos my mom will tell me if I do wrong and Isakaba boys find me, they will place their machete on me and if it turns red, they will behead me, and that time I sabi steal meat for pot ehn

Lol. Such a nice mother. She wants you to become a good citizen by fire by force.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by AntiBeEmCe(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2021
I hope they are really there for cultists nd not to start disturbing ESN. If it's for cultists...they should face cultists o.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by sageb: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2021
richmond500:

that Isakaba movie that year
sam dede is named Ebube the group leader

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2021
maximunimpact:
An unorthodox vigilante group known as ‘Bakasi boys’ who engaged in jungle justice in Anambra state have resurfaced after two decades to crush cultists and other criminals has allegedly killed six suspects.

The vigilante group arrived in Awka, the state capital, on Saturday with their first six victims burnt on Monday.

No one seems to know who sent them or how they are to approach their duty, but they are not policemen.

Police spokesman Ikenga Tochukwu said he had no information on them, but a senior officer confirmed that they arrived on Saturday.

The officer provided no further information.

“That’s the only thing I can tell you for now, let’s see how things work out in days and weeks to come,” he said.

“If they engage in jungle justice, nobody will talk, especially the lawyers and human rights groups, but when police engage in such, the whole world will tumble and that’s what the state deserves at this moment, ” the source said.

Awka has been terrorised by cultists without much resistance from police.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2021/06/15/bakassi-boys-vigilante-group-returns-kills-six-in-anambra/
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by esnbrutality: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2021
Hello Zombie...

I heard your Army of Fulani Terrorist was taught a bitter lesson at OHAFIA....It was so bad that the Military needed to put out a disclaimer.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I heard Also that your Nigerian Army is begging the Boko Haram and Iswap Terrorists to sheath their swords and come for negotiation cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I also heard that the "IDIOTS" you brainwashed with 1k to wear Buhari T-shirts havent been paid...You chop dia money bah?? angry angry angry angry angry

Even the Killings in your state (BENUE) doesnt kwancern you because you are already a packaged slave cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

SEE YOUR BROTHER THE USELESS BASTARD TERRORIST ..THAT WAS USED AS A SUICIDE BOMBER ....BUT THE IDIOT DIED LIKE A RAT!

Enjoy the PINSURE and know that ...Nobody will take your Nonsense again!!...Zombie!!

CilicMarin:
Until they start killing IPOB known Gun Men...Nobody would take them seriously..

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2021
I guess that's how Biafra will be governed.
Goodluck to them.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Bahamas95(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:

Even policemen and other security personnels kill innocent people.....Our prayer is that we shouldn't fall as victims.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Casham: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2021
Jashub:
If we had a functioning police force, there would be no need of Bakasi boys or other vigilante groups.
When known and unknown gunmen were busy doing target-practice with the police force and setting their vehicles and stations ablaze, I knew something like this will crop up. No matter how bad law enforcement agencies become, it is still better than anarchy. ESN, UGM and the Bakassi boys are on a free-for-all, because they are not accountable to any authority.

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by esnbrutality: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2021
If this could happen to their own brothers that are thieves...what do you think will happen to FULANI SCOUNDRELS like you?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just Imagine

Ekpeitit:
I guess that's how Biafra will be governed.
Goodluck to them.

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by mancoconut: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2021
I'll be more comfortable with Bakassi boys securing the East against all types of criminals, bandits, herdsmen etc than any of this fake groups... ESN should just take the back seat or fall in line because Bakassi boys have more pedigree and history when it comes to the fear factor.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Jashub: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2021
Casham:
When known and unknown gunmen were busy doing target-practice with the police force and setting their vehicles and stations ablaze, I knew something like this will crop up. No matter how bad law enforcement agencies become, it is still better than anarchy. ESN, UGM and the Bakassi boys are on a free-for-all, because they are not accountable to any authority.
Oga, what the Nigerian law enforcement agencies were doing in the past made them lose credibility in the eyes of the public. There have been instances of criminals attacking and killing innocent citizens only to be arrested and later released by this same police. Let me give you an example : My brother has a friend who works for the DSS, and he narrated how they would spend hours tracing and arresting armed bandits in the bushes only to for some "mysterious ogas " at the top to tell them to release the bandits in their custody. Which just goes to show how compromised our security is. So I support Bakasi boys even though it is wrong but at least it would put a sense of fear into those who do wrong
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2021
esnbrutality:
If this could happen to their own brothers that are thieves...what do you think will happen to FULANI SCOUNDRELS like you?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just Imagine

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2021
The truth is that you are all thieves so it's like thieves killing thieves.
All the tiny dot in a circle is known for is armed robbery.
Biafra is a Den of Thieves.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by esnbrutality: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Please come and be a herdsman.

We want to test the Microphone.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ekpeitit:
The truth is that you are all thieves so it's like thieves killing thieves.
All the tiny dot in a circle is known for is armed robbery.
Biafra is a Den if Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Casham: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2021
Jashub:
Oga, what the Nigerian law enforcement agencies were doing in the past made them lose credibility in the eyes of the public. There have been instances of criminals attacking and killing innocent citizens only to be arrested and later released by this same police. Let me give you an example : My brother has a friend who works for the DSS, and he narrated how they would spend hours tracing and arresting armed bandits in the bushes only to for some "mysterious ogas " at the top to tell them to release the bandits in their custody. Which just goes to show how compromised our security is. So I support Bakasi boys even though it is wrong but at least it would put a sense of fear into those who do wrong
Honestly, I agree with you. The NPF has been compromised. I just wish there's a way we can demand accountability from them without resorting to self-help. With the NPF, we can do that (demand accountability to the law), but with the other ones: well they are their law.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Jashub: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2021
Casham:
Honestly, I agree with you. The NPF has been compromised. I just wish there's a way we can demand accountability from them without resorting to self-help. With the NPF, we can do that (demand accountability to the law), but with the other ones: well they are their law.
Even the Nigerian police forced has been compromised and the only solution is to declare a state of emergency in the security sector.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by ivolt: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2021
If this is true, then there is fire on the mountain.
Those guys kill both guilty and innocent at will in the past and it will only get worse now
as there is no authority to regulate them.
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:

they don't kill innocent people.
They never did and they will never.
There is more to them that meets the eyes.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by sweetonugbu: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2021
No comment
Re: Bakassi Boys Vigilante Group Returns, Kills Six In Anambra by ThatFairGuy1: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2021
Our prayers are with you, Fahdiga1 Asgard73 and Achalugonwa, we'll miss you guys on NL cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Govt Meets FG Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest, Pledges To Assist IPOB Leader / Police Kills Innocent Trader During Oduduwa Rally (graphics Pics)) / 2023: 192 Lawmakers Plan Defection From APC – Babachir Lawal Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.