Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 PM

Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! (26221 Views)

ECOWAS Court Rejects Richard Ugbah’s Request For Transfer To Nigeria (Photo) / Court Serves Dasuki’s Release Order On DSS / Breaking News – Court Serves Sambo Dasuki’s Release Warrant On Dss, Agf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by techWriter1: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2021
Who be Ecowas Ecowas na who Rubbish and west Africa
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Enyimbamercedes: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2021
You people want this Megalomaniac to ban ECOWAS for embarrassing him now...
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by iamDrRhymes(m): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2021
They won’t rule against President Buhari, I rather see the case being thrown out too early.

This have seen grin
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by BuyAndSellStuff: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2021
Let's be honest, what exactly can ECOWAS do to the evil dictator?

Nigeria feeds ECOWAS.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by richie240: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2021
Elock1:
angry
Who be Ecowas?
Ecowas na who?

Rubbish and west Africa
can u imagine!
Den dey do role-call for animals with horn, snail too dey carry shoulder.
Let them kuku install Dorsey as Nigeria president nah.
cool
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Mystery9(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2021
Funny Ecowas. While all manners of killings we're going on, they did not summon him. It's for Twitter that they are shocked. What hypocrisy from Ecowas.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Him dey hear?
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Timmybr: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Just exactly my mind. We pay more attention to some things that doesn't affect us much as a people, and neglect the killings, hunger, joblessness, agberos everywhere, police brutality, and many more.
Born2conquer:
Twitter is suddenly a greater issue than Insecurity, unemployment and police brutality.

People won’t care until their money source gets affected! Lol!

If we could allow Ecowas to serve Buhari for twitter suspension, why can’t we do the same for the numerous insecurity facing Nigeria ranging from bokoharam and banditry in the north? To herdsmen issues in the south?

What about the issues of police brutality and economy dilapidation? Dollar to naira was 360 last year but it is presently dingling around 512 today!

WHY IS TWITTER BANNING CURRENTLY EVERYBODY HEADACHE? Twitter is a private organization and i believe Twitter should be the one negotiating or doing the sueing if they feel they’re unjust!

I even feel the banning should have spurred a NIGERIAN Or seun Osewa to have reposition Nairaland to Twitter position in Nigeria, the power twitter is wielding is too much and I believe a tech guy can harness that to develop a competition for the Nigeria market, apart from Nairaland, what else do we have?

Nigerians baffle me, they will rather leave the important problems and focus on the unnecessary ones and that’s basically because most people especially the influencers makes money from it (untaxable money)

Let’s use same ENERGY to convince ECOWAS to SUE this government for the numerous atrocities (if we feel they’ve commited any though)
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Litmus: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2021
NiJeria should leave ECOWAS. Forget plans for greater integration with the rest of Africa, don’t link NiJeria to Niger by rail, concentrate on NiJeria.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Nfora: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Shame on SERAP
Shame on all those ridiculing Nigeria because of USA grant.

Government has created an opportunity for us to have our own version of Twitter, but the same idiots that complain of insecurity and joblessness, are the ones ridiculing the country,because of a USA company.

Idiots.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by dmbb: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Nigeria is a soul of ECOWAS
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by AnanseK(m): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2021
I
phemmyfour:
Suspension loading

Rubbish. Who is ECOWAS ?
There was no Twitter before 2006 and heavens did not fall.
The Twitter ban in Nigeria is now 10 days old and heavens did not fall.
I pray that the Twitter ban becomes permanent.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Rocktation(f): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2021
inoki247:

Okay no b Money u go use secure ur life even if you wan buy License Gun no b Money u go use...

So because people are dying my source of income should be ban..

Haahaha. I like your reasoning. Your head is correct.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by wink2015(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2021
CLOSING THE ECOWAS BORDER was buhari first sin.

Now he has added Twitter to his list of offences.

Buhari failed to realised that Nigeria signed an ECOWAS TREATY to promote communication across the ECOWAS region.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2021
egunna:
mumu,where do individuals talk in court?there are government lawyers to go there if and when they decide to.
As if I don't know aboki. Must you display your foolishness by quoting me?
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Born2conquer: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Oweku:

If u know what information truly mean, u won't have typed this..
you don’t get me Sir, the attention we are putting on twitter makes it feel we do not have other issues, have we taken Buhari to ecowas for the numerous killings happening in the country? NO!

Information is power but we still have radio,tv, instagram,Facebook, youtube, whatsapp, Nairaland and the rest and even TWITTER is already working frantically to get themselves working in Nigeria again
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by alizma: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2021
phemmyfour:
You already know
And if they say who are the future leaders of Nigeria you will join others to raise your hand, Nigeria don suffer. Are you all this dumb?
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Psoul(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2021
Born2conquer:
Twitter is suddenly a greater issue than Insecurity, unemployment and police brutality.

If we could allow Ecowas to serve Buhari for twitter suspension, why can’t we do the same for the numerous insecurity facing Nigeria ranging from bokoharam and banditry in the north? To herdsmen issues in the south?

What about the issues of police brutality and economy dilapidation? Dollar to naira was 360 last year but it is presently dingling around 512 today!

WHY IS TWITTER BANNING CURRENTLY EVERYBODY HEADACHE? Twitter is a private organization and i believe Twitter should be the one negotiating or doing the sueing if they feel they’re unjust!

I even feel the banning should have spurred a NIGERIAN Or seun Osewa to have reposition Nairaland to Twitter position in Nigeria, the power twitter is wielding is too much and I believe a tech guy can harness that to develop a competition for the Nigeria market, apart from Nairaland, what else do we have?

Nigerians baffle me, they will rather leave the important problems and focus on the unnecessary ones and that’s basically because most people especially the influencers makes money from it (untaxable money)

Let’s use same ENERGY to convince ECOWAS to SUE this government for the numerous atrocities (if we feel they’ve commited any though

Stop talking like an illiterate/ I hate it wen people I believe should be reasonable are becoming wisdom eroded.
Twitter is one of the fora in which people's voice can be heard.

You can't fight insecurity without communication.
You use this major forum to tell the whole world what they need to do and what you are doing about the insecurity you are talking about.
People also use the forum to tell government that they are not doing it right at a particular time.
The FG knows the importance of this forum. Their only problem is that they don't want to hear any form of criticism.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Safemoon: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2021
The cowman is deaf he really need hearing aid to understand
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Born2conquer: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2021
Psoul:

Stop talking like an illiterate/ I hate it wen people I believe should be reasonable are becoming wisdom eroded.
Twitter is one of the fora in which people's voice can be heard.

You can't fight insecurity without communication.
You use this major forum to tell the whole world what they need to do and what you are doing about the insecurity you are talking about.
People also use the forum to tell government that they are not doing it right at a particular time.
The FG knows the importance of this forum. Their only problem is that they don't want to hear any form of criticism.
Hello Sir, am i in support of the BAN? No! Steps are being taken to restore it and we already have agitations in progress from all parties involved.

But the ATTENTION we are giving the TWITTER issue is making it seems as if other issues battling us are irrelevant
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by 27Pushing30: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2021
people funny sha...

That's all i can say
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by JesseJo: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by ZooOga: 10:53am On Jun 15, 2021
I'm not sure but there may be a jurisdiction issue. The company involved is not registered to do business in Nigeria and may not pay taxes into the federal government coffers. If you read the international news developed countries are now focusing on the giant international tech companies raking in billions/trillions but have very clever tax avoidance strategies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECOWAS_Court

Jurisdiction
The Court has jurisdiction over four general types of disputes: (1) those relating to the interpretation, application, or legality of ECOWAS regulations, (2) those that arise between ECOWAS and its employees, (3) those relating to liability for or against ECOWAS, and (4) those that involve a violation of human rights committed by a member state.[7]

Organization
Judges
Hon. Justice Edward Amoako Asante (Ghana), Hon. Justice Gberi-bè Ouattara (Côte d’Ivoire), Honorable Justice Dupe Atoki (Nigeria), Honorable Justice Keikura Bangura (Sierra Leone), Honorable Justice Januária Tavares Silva Moreira Costa (Cape Verde)

Cases
The Court's docket has been limited, with no more than two dozen judgments rendered annually.[8] However, since 2005, when the Court's jurisdiction was expanded to include human rights claims, the vast majority of cases decided by the Court concern human rights.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by webm: 10:55am On Jun 15, 2021
Born2conquer:

Let’s use same ENERGY to convince ECOWAS to SUE this government for the numerous atrocities (if we feel they’ve commited any though)

You are trying to sound intelligent but missed the real facts.
Just know this, Twitter helps to keep this government in check especially in human rights violations.
For example, if there’s killing on unarmed protesters such as the Shia group, it trends on Twitter and the government is sad about this because countries all over the world hears this.

If there’s Fulani herdsmen killings, it trends on Twitter and people criticize the government for not taking solid actions about these guys.

Now that Twitter is banned, the government can kill at will and we will depend on newspapers or TVs to hear about it whom are also barred from reporting same.

You see why Twitter ban is very wrong? If you still think that it’s a minor issue, then you’re just not thinking right. First vent about insecurity is on Twitter and that’s where you have ‘mostly’ learned Nigerians and not those easily swayed by religious and nepotistic tendencies. These wiser Nigerians reporting insecurities to the wide world keeping the government in its toes are whom they’ve barred from doing so.

First step in fighting insecurity is allow people share information of whatever insecurity they saw in their land and not just depend on NBC controlled journalists.

If you don’t still see reasons why this is also a fight of insecurity with the above reasons then you’re daft
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by iswallker(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2021
Born2conquer:

It's not about Twitter - it's about freedom of association

Use your God given brain - how much is Falana making from Twitter

You can't gag the Mediia - it's a recipe for tyranny
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2021
Average Nigerian value money more than human life.
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by iswallker(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2021
channelstravel:
End Buhari to save lives.

Too bad there is not much ECOWAS can do to Nigeria.
Imagine Nigeria threatening to pull out of ECOWAS, who do you think will suffer more?

I will design an amazing CV for your job and study abroad applications. See my signature

It's Nigeria - because of your crooked leaders
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by yusluvad(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2021
ECOWAS is winning this...
GRAMMARJAMES:
SERVES HIM RIGHT!!! .....LET THE WAR BEGINS!! LIKE FOR ECOWAS, SHARE FOR BUHARI
Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by channelstravel: 11:13am On Jun 15, 2021
iswallker:

It's Nigeria - because of your crooked leaders

Nigeria is still the power house of the region tongue

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice! by bonnyhope: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2021
Born2conquer:

If not that I am broke now, I would have bought you a bottle of OROBO.
You have spoken well
Nigerians never set their priority right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion In Kano / Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) / Ekweremadu: Atiku, Secondus’ Telephone Calls Pacified Him From Defecting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.